Getting fit

I'm looking to drop the pounds, but I've got a few questions. I've read the sticky and I'm not sure which beginner lifting program is the best for me. The starting strength seems good, really like the look of the strong lifts, and the reg parks one looks confusing as hell.

As my main aim is to lose as much weight as quickly as possible, which work out would be best for me? And in the rest days can I fit in running?

I'm only about 2 months in but Stronglifts is working out well for me (though I'm gaining weight, rather than losing) and I've been able to manage hill sprints on the off days too.

If at all relevant, I'm male, 5'2, and about somewhere over 90kg. But all the fat seems to be on my belly and thighs.

Stronglifts looks very easy to understand, but are there any accessory work outs?

Are you seeing a reduction in body fat though? And what's your diet like?

>And in the rest days can I fit in runningn?

Don't do too much too quick.

Free weights can wreck you. Even 30 minutes.

You'll get really hungry if you max out on exercise, so be careful of that.

Listen, I know this is Veeky Forums and I really mean no memes, but you're an adult right?

Yeah, 24. I'm just super short with a bad diet and lifestyle

My diet is abysmal. It hasn't progressed beyond that of a child in terms of what I eat. Just generally picky eater that deals almost exclusively in junk food but I've always been skelly because of it, so I can't really say if I've reduced body fat. Definitely gained muscle though and stayed the same weight for the first few weeks, so I can only assume I've burned body fat.

Would it be recommended if I do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then Saturday-Sunday running? Or is that still too much all at once? Should I build up to that?

What a stupid pic. Try to OHP without using your core

I eat too much junk food and fizzy drinks. Changing my diet is probably going to be the hardest part

You'd be surprised how easy it is to cut fizzy drinks. I used to drink so much that all my molars have fillings but now I can't even finish a tin of Coke without feeling ill.

The problem is that I just binge when I'm home, because of boredom. But, I'm trying to limit the amount of junk food I have in the house, and increase the amount of water I drink

Then you're already doing the right thing. Try to find a hobby or even just get up and go for a walk the next time you find yourself heading to the fridge out of boredom.

I don't want to end up looking like some kind of mini hulk, so can I just keep up one of these workouts to just stay in shape and not get bulky?

Quite frankly, were it so easy to get bulky this board wouldn't need to exist.

I remember a few years ago I tried going to the gym, but I lasted about a month. I actually lost a stone, and that was without dieting. Would it be possible to shift a decent amount of body weight in about two months?

>Lost a stone

OY MORNIN GUVNA.

Yup. But don't think of it that way. You aren't lifting for 2 months, you're lifting from now on. Start SL on Friday.

SL has an app which makes it retard proof. The charts encourage you to keep progressing. Any day you don't lift you can do light cardio to keep you in the habit of going to the gym, but rest days are important. I try to have a laundry day each week where I recover rather than running just for the sake of it. Your joints are at risk as a fatty so consider standing bicycle or elliptical as well as treadmill.

Thanks, I'll start SL and maybe just one day of light cardio.

What's your opinion on rotating between barbell and dumbells for OHP?

Get your form perfected with bar. Don't worry about doing db ohp until later.