Things normies say

>all that muscle is just air
>these guys are weak anyways
>muscles just make you slow

Your workout is my warmup.
Literally gives me a migraine every time I either hear this or see it on a dumbass shirt.

>working out is a waste of time. You could do better things.

>Nah, going to the gym just ain't me

my absolute fav is when a girl makes a comment like "i dont want to get too buff", even funny if a guy says it. i always say "dont wory, you wont." its hilarious, there are grown men out here that dedicate their lives for months, even years on end to pack on muscle and can barely do it if at all and you have twinks and women thinking its some shit where you just walk in there a couple times a week for 2 months and come out jacked on the other side. I think its why so many newbies quit....shit is much harder and slow going than they realized.

>you shouldn't eat that, you'll get fat
>people who lift weights are usually compensating for something :^)

I took my girl lifting for the first time yesterday. We hit legs and she didn't want to do leg extensions because she didn't want her quads to get too big. I laughed and told her she won't get anything too big accidentally. Sometimes I forget how easy people think it is, and how most people think they could be huge and ripped but they just don't feel like it

You shouldnt do leg extensions anyway since it's terrible for your knees.

You're banned from this board.

Enjoy snapping your acl in half

Stay dyel forever no leg cuck

yup my new girl said the same thing to me when i was trying to show her how to use dumbbells..."I dont want big biceps like you have" lol meanwhile theres grown men full of T all around us grunting their ass off lifting heavy weight that have 14" arms. shit is silly.

it IS bad for your knees user, enjoy your arthritis

>she didn't want her quads to get too big

you're with the wrong girl incel

hes right. it is bad for them. youre using your knee cap as a leverage point to push shit with your feet. people forget all the time that these machines were originally designed to help people come back from injury because you could isolate a muscle pretty well and get movement back lol its not for maxing out that rack like some dick weed. id bet anything theres videos all over youtube of dudes snapping their shit right at the knee from doing this with good form but putting too much weight on a joint in a bad way.

What's wrong with that?

I mostly get annoyed by the diets that go in waves through my workplace. Someone starts some weird diet and suddenly all the lumpish middle aged women are on it and proselytizing it to everyone. A week or two later the cycle starts again with some new diet.

whats wrong with that is that a 15 year old feshman in highschool who worked out could physically humiliate them because theyre completely untrained and have no understanding of what its like to push themselves.

I think a lot of you guys over estimate or just forget sometimes how incredible weak your average guy is that doesnt train. it.is.laughable. granted, thats their problem and not mine so i dont really care, but thats whats wrong with it. also they either look like a skelly or doughboy.

Most exercises can be bad for joint health. Tricep lifts are awful on your elbows, bench for your shoulders, etc. The risk of injury alone shouldn't steer you away from an exercise, proper form and technique can be used to safely do most exercises. As Tom Platz said, if there's no risk it's not worth doing

She's got nice hammies desu. She just wanted to work her glutes. Little does she know I'm gonna turn her into a nice var girl

remember when bitches were wrapping themselves in saran wrap because they literally thought it would make them shrink? women, hilarious

Both of those things are mostly true

i hear what youre saying but the example you just used is with free weights. the issue isnt working your legs out heavy, its doing it on that machine on a controlled movement that puts insane leverage on the knee cap. go to the gym next time and load up that machine with more weight than you can handle and try and do it. you wont move the rack, but youll start to feel your knee seperate from your thigh. now go try and bench too much weight and see what happens....nothing, you just cant push it.

Why do they call it shrink wrap though?!

because women are the biggest spenders in the US and them bitches are dumb enough to buy that shit thinking itll make em shrink. Genius name/ad campaign.

>does something that annoys you
>politely ask them to stop
>”woah watch out everybody anons got roid rage haha don’t beat me up bro”

>he user can you help me do x since you’re strong

>i couldn’t lift like you it takes up too much time
>spends entire days watching tv

If you're asking someone to use more weight than they can handle to prove an exercise is bad, you're not sharp. The point is to perform a movement safely, when you do it unsafely unsafe things tend to happen. This idea that machines are bad because they're unnatural movements, for the most part, just isn't true. Machines, and leg extensions, definitely have their place. I'm not arguing that leg extensions can't be bad for joint health, I am arguing that they don't have to be

>you looks fine just how you are user :)
>I don’t want you to lose any weight, exercise is bad for you
>are you sure you don’t want another few slices of pizza?
>are you doing this to make the rest of us feel bad about our bodies? :(((((

>You are getting too big, user
>All that eating is just going to get you fat, user
>Squeezing your penis everyday won't make it bigger, user

Last one is true for endurance sports.
Runners and cyclists are that skinny for a reason...

From my own personal experience, these are the people who sit around in their rooms all day being complete shut-ins. I've had a few friends like that, and I tried dragging them to the gym with me, as my best friend once did for me many years ago.
I hated it at first, but I kept going because my friend would come home from a long day of uni and work every single day and ask "ready to hit the gym, buddy?" All I'd done all day was sit around and watch TV and play vidyas, but there he was after 10-12 hours of school/work every single day and still had the energy to drag my lethargic ass to the gym. I couldn't find it in me to say no, so I went there every day. Eventually, a couple of years later, I had grown to love the gym and the lifting. It didn't just come to me on day one.
Anyway, I tried bringing a couple of my friends to the gym. Got them familiar with the equipment, setup, form/technique, etc, and started them out light on simple programs based off of what they had said their goals were (not self-made programs of course, but legit beginner programs). Go figure, neither of them described their goal bodies as anything remotely close to what their bodies were at the time. But a week or so later, the ol' "nah mate, the gym just ain't for me" came up.
And then they were right back to shutting themselves in, and complaining about how depressing life is.

>"yeah I started going to the gym, tryna gain some muscle for summer. Ya know?" while eating no more than 600 cals a meal
>"wow user it's not healthy to eat that much" (I aim for about 3400cals a day)

Whats this thing about squeezing your penis? Im intrigued

I just do irl meme arrows when people say they are trying to lose weight while gaining muscle
>Lose weight
>Gain muscle
Pick one

Assuming he's talking about jelquing if you're interested.

But:
>Touching your own penis ever except to wash it

Don't do it

>having a penis

Don't do it

>I just want to tone my muscles, i don't lift more that *insert baby weight* because i don't want to get too big
>i don't lift, i just do cardio and crunches because i just want to lose my belly fat
>are you counting calories user? are you anorexic?
>diets just don't work for me, after i come back to my normal eating i will get havier than before i start dieting
worst:
> i would like to workout but i don't have time

nothing
>stop disliking what I like

Honestly if you can throw around 0.5/1/2/3 that's probably true for like 99.99% of normies.

I'm gonna start showing people like that Niki Sims, she's strong as fuck but not super "bulky" at all and she's hot as hell imo

I get a lot of stares just for repping 225 for like 12 on bench

*grabs DICK*
fuck off m8

>wait till you get older, all that muscle will turn into fat
>I'm toning up for the summer
>lifting heavy weights for low reps will make you huge and bulky, do lots of reps with light weights to get a toned, swimmer's body
>I'm doing so many crunches, gonna have visible abs soon
>eating all that meat will give you heart disease
>I need to lose weight, from now on only healthy whole grains and fresh fruit for me
>it's wrong to have sex with your cousin, even if you use protection
Fucking plebs.

Yeah act like a fucking nigger

They are inherently bad for joint health and shitty for strength development though, that’s the point. Your body is a system, different parts work together to achieve movement patterns. There is literally no situation other than a leg extension where the shin moves heavy weight via the quads with the knee as the sole point of rotation. Absolutely none. In natural movement the quads always work in conjunction with the hamstrings to balance the forces across the knee (which is essentially a bunch of bullshit held together with elastic bands).

I don’t disagree that assistance movements are a good thing where appropriately programmed but there’s literally NO reason to do leg extensions if you can leg press, and no reason to leg press if you can squat. Most of the machines in a typical machine circuit were designed as a marketing gimmick and as a way to make it easier to move people through the gym quickly. They sure as hell weren’t designed to make you big or strong.

She'll changer her mind if she gets hooked.

That's because most high school kids want that glorious lmao 1pl8. Most adult men that aren't soyboys want that glorious 2pl8 for 1 and pretty much all they do is bench, and you're there just repping it out.

It's because their goal got absolutely crushed by you.

>my absolute fav is when a girl makes a comment like "i dont want to get too buff",
I don't /lift/ weights because I want to stay lean, body weight is enough.

She’s got legs. And she knows how to use them.

Shrink wrap and Saran Wrap are two different things.

im not sure what youre saying. you can stay lean while lifting weights, theres proof all over the board you made this post on.

maybe this is being lost on your female brain, but the funny part, the part that makes it my favorite normie quip about lifting, especially with women, is that they think they will actually get buff so fast and easily that before they know it theyre jacked as fuck and look like some freak on the cover of muscle&fitness, let alone put on enough muscle for anyone to even notice the change.

the joke here is that something like that will never happen, ever.

can confirm. im under 200lbs and typically do 225-235 for sets of ten and the looks i get are crazy. cant imagine being so weak that my max on bench is literally 225. By normie standards, most people on this board is probably insanely strong.

>it's wrong to have sex with your cousin, even if you use protection

this shit pisses me off the most

just give up. this 145lb twink thats been lifting for 3 months is going to do his leg extensions and theres nothing you can do about it. some people need to learn the hard way. one day he'll hear a snap crackle pop as his meniscus just shreds inside his knee.

>This idea that machines are bad because they're unnatural movements, for the most part, just isn't true.
I'm sorry what?. Is this some kind of next level bait?

>By normie standards, most people on this board is probably insanely strong.
>implying most people on Veeky Forums have even hit 1/2/3/4
user, I...

There's a video with good old Rip I watched recently where he was talking about this exact phenomenon, because there was a point where all the stores had muscle/fitness magazines by the register with roided out freaks on the covers

It took me years to be able to bench 225 because I started with stupid bro splits and used a lot of dumbbells. After I got on ppl it went up like crazy. Most people aren't training correctly like I wasn't so 95% will never make it. I'm talking about the dyels that come in once or twice a week, do a couple half rep squats, a few sets of bench, and use some random machines

how is it possible that people cant do a 1/2/3/4 as full grown adults (21yrs imo)? i havent regularly squatted for 10 years since high scool because of a knee injury and went in last week and did 5x5 315 and wasnt even sweating it and im under 200lbs. i remember the untrained kids in high school in PE could rep out 135 on bench.
these people have to be straight newbies to be that weak. its just crazy to not be able to bench 135 ONE TIME

>he user can you help me do x since you’re strong
why does that annoy you? should be the opposite

1p is ohp tho

I’m not saying it for his benefit, I’m saying it for the benefit of the 115lb twinklet who’s dangerously close to taking his shit seriously.

yeah youre probably right, i just think its crazy. im 28 now, but started lifting hard and heavy when i was 15 and without knowing about different routines just did full body workouts for about a year and a half. Im super inconsistent and only lift about 4-5 months out of the year total but ive been doing bro-splits for years when i do go and progress is always good. Im not really sure why people have problems with splits....maybe i skipped it because i didnt start out that way, but as long as you do your compounds and go to failure on the important stuff and work hard/eat, you should progress regardless.

I also have helped a ton of people with their form on bench and seen their working weight go way up. i cringe when i see guys benching with their arms at 90 degrees and not keeping them in close to their body where the weight is off the shoulders and actually activates the muscles in your chest.

because you don't live with your buddies to babysit them into enjoying the gym like you had the privilege

i stand embarrassingly corrected. I wasnt thinking and thought people couldnt get the bench up to 1 plate. same deal though, i can do 145x10 and still cant understand someones struggle doing that lift one time. shits wild.

its hilarious, isnt it? whoever responded to my post didnt realize they are the butt of the joke here. that person REALLY thinks they can just grow slabs of meat all over their body if they move away from bodyweight stuff and get into lifting AND that it will happen so quickly that theyd get bulky before they stop it from happening and impeding anything else they do. shit is bananas.

>Niki Sims
you call this hot?

What a lot of people don't understand about the bench is that they need their traps and everything tight to basically make a platform for the lift, they also don't seem to think that you should have an arch

I mean it depends, I was decently active in highschool, played a sport with classmates basically every break and when I started out lifting I had huge imbalances, I could do 100kg squat on my 2nd session 60kg bench but I couldnt do 2 chinups, I could barely curl 8kg and I was dying deadlifting 80kg

That's like the least flattering picture you could have found

>how is it possible that people cant do a 1/2/3/4 as full grown adults
pic related is why

>i dont want to get too buff
Literally me for half my life. I wish I had guidance in my life, now I'm 30 and a weakfag.

Because it’s all the fucking time and it’s always shit like
>carry this 20 pound box
It’s not fucking heavy you do it, I have more important shit to do. Also not to sound like a faggot but there’s more to me than just being strong, and people see muscles and think you’re some dumb meathead and that’s all you’re good for

>v-taper
>man ass
>back and tris that put 99% of men to shame

Only a closet fag would find this disgusting shit attractive. I bet her asshole is hairier than the guy who's saying she's hot.

>you were fine before
>do you just want to be some meathead
>why bother you'll never be as big as arnie
>you know all that muscle will turn to fat right?

on the plus side i benched for the first time where I actually felt muscle contraction in my chest. Yep I'm a lmao1pl8 wonder but I think I've cracked why I couldn't increase for shit - narrower grip width and more back arch.

me in work
>user put those muscles to work and go lift this gas and coal

ffs I go to work to work as a cashier, not lift 90kg bottles of propane and throw around 25kg sacks of coal.

Wrong

there's literally not a single picture of her body from behind on her instagram except this one (as you can see for obvious reasons)

The real redpill is that almost every picture of girl who you think are hot are taken at the best possible angle, just like all fitness personalities. Truth is they look like dogshit most of the time just like the rest of us.

so you live with your buddies? well then they are beyond saving

Inferior mortals who haven't achieved hands free orgasm can't ever hope to make it.

>fried food is bad

yup makes sense. my bench is my best lift, but by far my shoulders and traps are my strongest/most over developed muscle group and it helps a lot on the bench. still just seems easy to progress. pick a rep range. 8? sure. find your max on 8 reps. once you hit 8, add 5 pounds. repeat. thats all you need to do to go up in weight if you eat food. I dont udnerstand some of the complaints of lack of progress i hear about on this board

I lift to failure on most everything i do and even though a place like Veeky Forums says thats awful to do, ive done that my whole life and ive always been one of if not the strongest guy in a gym or any group of people. if you dont go to failure or DAMN near it, how the fuck do you know if you even got stronger? "well i was pretty tired last time i hit 6 reps last week and if memory serves me right, im less tired this time, so i must be stronger now"??? these guys gotta get in there and push themselves imo. progress doesnt go on forever, and stalls happen, but fuck, its rare and i think most every normal dude has the ability to rep out 225 on bench if they have correct form and work their ass off. the accessories are also important imo and for some reason around here i feel like no one does them.

>>these guys are weak anyways
All the crossfitters

>if you eat food.
Implying 95% of people dont eat like shit.

shouldnt matter. i grew up poor eating nothing but off brand mac and cheese and bologna sandwiches and im not much better off now and still pull it off. I really think its a lack of real work in the gym. most dudes go in there because they want to look good. I and others go in there to strength train. the former has no motivation to work there ass off and squeeze out that extra 5 pounds and that last rep because it makes their soul feel good like it does mine.

oh sure if you go to the gym you have no excuse after ~2 months, but you can't expect untraineds these days to be able to do anything even remotely physical. It's ridiculous how many people have never exercised for real in their lives.

>EVERYONE HAS TO COMPETE ALL THE TIME IN EVERYTHING

yeah maybe i just have unreasonable expectations for these people, idk.

not being a pussy is a hell of a drug.

yeah. we do. whether you know it or not or you want to be participating, were all competing all the time. for women, high paying jobs, respect, life goals, all of it. if everyone has it, none of us have it. things are valuable because of their rarity and only the best and brightest will get those things. welcome to life, son.

Nah, I get motivated as fuck and I tell the guy, I will do that too

Pretty sure this is b8 but if not you are major brainlet if you honestly think a grown adult should be able to walk into a gym for the first time and put up 315 for even one rep. I would say >95% natty lifters take 1-2 years to be able to hit that for reps. Bench for 1pl one rep is not ridiculous though but I would imagine less than 20% would be able to do it their first day at the gym, but 1/2/3/4 for bench is 2 pl

its really not bait, thats my honest opinion on the matter. putting up 315 on squat...youre totally right, thats not beginner level shit, i have the muscle memory of doing that from years past, but it should still NOT take 2 years to get there. 40 kids on my highschool football team could do that when we were 16 years old. doing that one time is not much to be proud of. but everything else stands.

also im not specifically talking about a guy off the street walking in the gym and touching a weight for the first time, im talking about the guys that post on this board that actually do lift and still cant get there. i find that just mind blowing to the point i almost cant believe its true. It has to come down to effort in the gym....that or they are just doing unbelievably stupid shit with their time in there. there has to be a reasonable explanation and its not that these numbers are super tough goals to reach.

>”woah watch out everybody anons got roid rage haha don’t beat me up bro”

ugh fuck. it's always the slimiest motherfuckers who pull that

When I was younger I was friendzoned by this one girl who said

>You don't need the gym, you can just go on walks :^)

when I first started lifting. Two years later we run into each other, this time around she's super into me & asks if we can starting dating. Almost immediately she's like

>but user you're fit now, why do you keep going to the gym??

totally oblivious to the fact that it was the entire reason for her changing perception of me. Fucked her a few times to satisfy the lonely shy guy I once was, then cut her loose.

who here /liftsjustbecauseican/

>you'll look like arnold schwarzenegger at this rate user
that's the fucking point you fucking slut.

Possible on tren

funfact: 50% of the people on this photo are jewish

fun fact: i could kick every ass in that picture simultaneously.

>kicking asses of people over 50
wow so impressive, do you also play the knockout game?

master race
goylets never learn