Why does the entire gym look at me like I'm developmentally disabled when I do pendlay rows?

Why does the entire gym look at me like I'm developmentally disabled when I do pendlay rows?
I only ever see other people doing Yate's rows or whatever the fuck, never lifting the barbell from dead weight
Does anyone else do pendlay rows at your gym or is my gym shite

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwJI-Lm2R7Y
youtu.be/BL2QDbQOx3M
youtube.com/watch?v=dyiT2W4KYkQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my favorite row.

normies and dyels think you're on your way to snap city

dunno. I have alot of people murmur about an inability to make power and I should rest it on my quads.

whats ya 5rm

That's why they're normies and dyels.

I also do hack squats and the look on peoples' faces is hilarious
>is he doing deadlifts wrong???

Redpill me on pendlay row please.

Shitty for your lower back. Just do them in a rack and let the weight start around your knees.

because strict rows are for borderline retards. everyone knows its all about the strech at the bottom and thus heavy ass cheated rows, specially the kroc row and cheat t-bar row, are infinitely superior to your jerkoff amerimutt row nobody of significance ever does.

this
the lord approves too youtube.com/watch?v=pwJI-Lm2R7Y

This is absolutely beautiful.

how are they bad for your lower back if you keep it in a neutral position

before injury was 225. now its only like 185 :(

if you're using your back you're doing them wrong

>bloat in the way of full ROM

that's what I call tactical bloat

>be at the gym
>squatting 405 atg like a boss
>hear obnoxious grunting coming from close by
>look in mirror and see dyel attempting to do pendlay rows
>back looks like a parabola
>disabled people should not train alone.

I'm homegym but I love them.

80kg. Year of calisthenics before lifting means it's my OP lift. Symmetric strength has me at 20% stronger on Pendlay than people my strength.

Can lift a heavier weight. Feels really good. Do with good form and feel those lats and biceps. Dropping the weight down saves your back.

It's hard to keep it in a neutral position, at least if you're not a manlet.

its always nice to pendley someones deadlift weight next to them

Are pendleys supposed to be fast?

>Feels really good. Do with good form and feel those lats and biceps.

Yep, the lat activation feels fantastic.

Yep, pullup fast then essentially drop the weight. If you're back moves more than 15 degrees from horizontal though then you're using too much weight and trying to cheat it by using a deadlift style motion, not a pure row.

I'm happy with someone's bodyweight, it just seems to amaze them haha.

it's hard for me to keep straight lower back when doing pendlay. I tried to bend knees more, but then it felt more like a leg workout. what do?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

They fucking suck for growing lats

>Why does the entire gym look at me like I'm developmentally disabled when I do pendlay rows?
Because you're rowing with less than 3 pl8.

>for growing lats
Its not so much for hypertrophy as it is an accessory to translate over to the deadlift. The reason it sucks for lat growth is because you set the bar down thus relieving the tension. Just do bent over rows my dude.

Under or overhand grip?

I guess overhand is better for back isolation? But since its a compound anyway why not include biceps

>muh "injury"

t. little faggot who has never rowed 2 plates in his entire life

>The reason it sucks for lat growth is because you set the bar down thus relieving the tension

this is complete fairy tale horse shit thought up by some broscience retard with no clue what the hell he's doing.

Man you must have been strong, my dl is 485 and the best I can 5rm on pendlay is 185

stretch reflex on lats is actual thing.

i fucking love both pendlays and regular bent over rows with cheat, but i always get carried away with intensity on pendlays and cheat too much

youtu.be/BL2QDbQOx3M

Or if you have a lower back at all

>giving a fuck about what the normies at your gym think
fuck off

I don't know either user. I started just doing regular bent-over rows instead.

I know what you mean. I do dumbell rows instead and I’ve seen way better lat growth from those.

your just weak homie

>tfw 240 pendlay 5RM and never attempted diddling more than 3plate
lel

>normies and dyels think you're on your way to snap city
>before injury was 225. now its only like 185 :(

stretch reflex is a thing on every muscle

I like these 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=dyiT2W4KYkQ

are the ones when you dont put the bar on the floor after each rep as bad? I think yates rows

kroc rows are godly. The stretch you get if you can keep your hand pronated is huge

>these boys dont know about trap bar rows

Same with me desu. But I'm adyel 1pl8 so maybe that's why

>one arm t bar rows
its like the best of both worlds

How can you be doing pendlays and be looking around you at the same time

Your head is literally facing the ground