DID YOU FUCKING TRICK ME Veeky Forums

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LIFT WHILE FASTING AT THE SAME TIME
22/2, I BASICALLY EAT AT NIGHT RIGHT AFTER LIFTING
AM I JUST MEMEING MYSELF THOUGH? I FEEL LIKE I AM LOSING MUSCLE, IS THAT SHIT REALLY OPTIMAL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're probably just retarded and doing it wrong.
I've been fasting below maintenance for 4 months now and my strength increases every new workout I do, while I'm also losing fat.
From 90 kg to 77 kg so far.

post body stats/routine/calories
u might have the retarded

HOW DO YOU DO IT
Do you eat before or after workout? Do you think eating proteins at a single time of the day will let your body repair your muscles thorough the entire ~20 hours without eating?
I'm 80kg/176 pounds and 180cm (which I guess that's 5"9 in american terms?), not sure how %bodyfat and no idea how to calculate that but I do have a lot of fat, especially in my legs, but also a small gut, so I am pretty sure I have fat that can be tossed away.

Routine: Lift at 6PM (or 7PM). Usually takes one hour since I also run very fast on the treadmill for 10 minutes to get that heartbeat boost at the end of my trains. Then arrive home and immediately drink some chocolate shake from Nestle that has like 12mg proteins, just to get something inside, and immediately cook food, which usually takes like 15 mins and has like 80mg protein at least, but not more than 100mg usually.
I don't really know about calories. I've recently been eating like 150g rice, which is 180 calories, and like 300g of steak, which is 800 calories. The chocolate milkshake should have 140 calories. I also eat four eggs, which should be 500 calories. It's around 1500 calories in other words.

I have a two hour eating window, after that it's 22 hours of fasting. During that fasting I only drink water and coffee with zero-calories sweetener, not one single thing else

I constantly ask myself if I should eat something before lifting, or if I should just drop this gig at once and eat like a normal person until I build enough muscle. I realize this could work but I am sort of new to getting Veeky Forums and lifting and this stuff seems complicated and makes me constantly question if I could not be getting more improvements than I am already getting

IF will fuck with your gains on a deficit. This cut im 1800/day Im eating throughout the day on deficit especially mornings (1/2cup rice) cause carbs are muscle sparing during exertion. I wont lose weight as quickly as when I did 18/6 @1700/ day though.

I eat a few meals between 16 o'clock and midnight. Intermittent fasting.
Big meal before and after workout. Smaller ones in the evening.

That's 16/8 though. I'm on 22/2 which allows for more or less one meal only
I have thought about going 16/8 but here is the way I see it: it takes like 10 or 12 hours for your body to start receiving the benefits of fasting. If I eat after 16 hours then I will only get like 4 hours of "fasting mode". If I eat after 22 it'll be up to 12 hours of fasting, 3x more effective

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE VIDEOS SAYING IF DOES NOT REDUCE GAINS AND ACTUALLY INCREASES THEM BY GIVING YOU GROWTH HORMONE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're a fucking idiot.
If you are eating at are defecit you will lose muscle and fat. It's that simple. You can't tell your body to only eat from your fat , your body will eat from wherever it wants to ensure the defesit eating doesn't kill it.

BUT /FAST/ TOLD ME IT WILL EAT FROM FAT AFTER 10 HOURS AND WILL ONLY EAT MUSCLE IF I DO HIGH INTENSITY CARDIO

What logic is there behind that?
Do you think you can force your body to only burn fat instead of fat and muscle?
How?

THE VIDEOS SAID I COULD

How did the videos back up these bodily function defying promises?

you're so fucking stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

It's not that complicated dude, you need to eat something an hour or so before working out in order to have energy at the gym. Besides for that just eat whenever the fuck you want - a deficit is only measured in days for comfort, your body is efficient and will work properly even if you eat for only 10 minutes a day.
And you will always lose muscle during a cut, the idea is to minimize the loss.

The increase in cortisol catabolysm from low bloodsugar negates most of the hgh gains.

There is so much contradicting information going around it is so depressing. Many people tell me to train while fasted, others tell me to eat before training, and in the end it all just makes me want to give up the fasting meme and diet like a normal person, but the videos also say that "it is inevitable to lose muscles while on a diet, but if you fast you will not lose any even if you are cutting"

Your source is a gay asian canadian who's trying to sell his weight loss book?
LMFAO

Why do you think it's possible to lose fat but not lose any muscle on a defecit?

Yeah, so? I've lost 13 kg in a few months on 16/8 without losing strength or muscle, so I don't see a problem.

It's all a meme.
Also watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

Here's the explanation I saw in a video:

It is inevitable to lose muscle in a cut, sure, but that's because, after your liver's glucose is depleted or close to be depleted, your body starts using muscle to fuel itself with energy. HOWEVER, key moment, after a few more hours, your body will instead start using your fat to produce energy, and will stay so indefinitely.

The problem with people who just cut on a regular diet is that they never let their body have the opportunity of use fat instead, they keep pumping carbs into their body which throws insulin to the roof and does not allow the cell that transforms fat into energy to play their role, so they keep forcing their body to use muscles for energy

If you fast your body will be using fat, and it won't use muscles because it does not WANT to use muscles since it knows that's not a wise decision, it will use them however if you do some very high intensity exercise because there is only so much energy your body can take from fats per minute

Is that bullshit?

Eat a shit ton of fiber to slow down digestion and eat double your protein requirements if you're going very low calorie

That video was great, thanks user, that does not look like meme science for once. But won't I be fine as long as I take enough protein then even if it's one meal per day?

>320 grams of protein a day

you're kidding

How do you get enough protein while being a poorfag? Protein supplements are so goddamn expensive, I am just a university student with a very poor paying job in a terrible third world country, I can barely pay my gym.

move out of sweden

brazil

rip kidneys

>lifting while fasting
You got trolled. Congratulations.

Fuck it, your post convinced me to quit fasting, thank you. I'll just follow and attempt to keep low calories and high protein.

Np. Enjoy your gains and don't fall for all of the meme generals on this board.

Why are u retarded?

thanks
I trusted Veeky Forums