What is the best and cheapest cut of chicken when bulking?

what is the best and cheapest cut of chicken when bulking?

i have noticed that at least around here chicken breast its more expensive than other cuts like legs, why should i pick breast over any other?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thigh

Drumsticks are mustard race. Only low fat soy boys who don’t like chicken skin eat breast

Thighs are the cheapest cut and taste the best imo. Do you like thin lipped bitchy thot white meat or THICC NEGRESS dark meat.

this

I eat thighs. If you if you trim the skin and other fat, they aren't that much fattier than breast and way juicier and tastier. If your macros won't allow that much fat you pretty much are stuck with breasts. You can eat skrimps though. really low fat.

Split breasts are cheaper than boneless skinless.

I always go with thighs even though they're about the same price as breasts here. Thighs are so much juicier and more flavourful, I could never imagine ever buying chicken breasts

i understand brehs, i am gonna buy 10 pounds of chicken thighs for them juicy gainz

Not trying to redpill you on meat, but I used two eat two chicken breasts a day but stopped after reading enough evidence on the dangers of meat. I don't give a shit about the poor little animals. If I'm smarter than it, then I have earned the right to eat it. Unfortunately, human evolution just isn't there yet to support us eating meat and it being a good thing -- like with sugar for example. Sugar used to be rare, which is why we (our bodies) covet it and store it as fat so easily. Our bodies haven't adapted to our environment yet, and let sugar affect us too easily for how common sugar can be found now.

That all said, I have three protien shales a day, along with my regular meal plan, and have noticed no drop in gains. I've consistently gotten stronger. I OHP more than my body weight, Bench more than 2plate, squat more than 3plate, and am working on 4plate deadlift (I had a back injury a few years back that makes it a little difficult to work on).

So you might actually save money if you just invested in other sources of protien, and maybe be healthier in the long run.

Why would you eat chicken when bulking???

Beef+Pork masterrace.

that visible pussy stubble
hnnng

no push up thread so roll

>satan, king of deceivers

post the evidence that supports your claims

>thighs for $1.50-2.00/lb
woke
>leg quarters for $1/lb
redpilled
>baking a 1lb leg quarter over a bed of chopped potatoes, onions, and carrots for a one-dish meal that costs like $1.50
A S C E N D E D

>”what’s the best and cheapest cuts of chicken, Veeky Forums?
>”Well, I’m vegan, but I’m a cool vegan that acknowledges it, so you know you can listen to me, champ.”
*flips kitchen chair around and sits on it backwards*
>”you see, meat is bad, and all of human history is wrong, and your body is wrong. All your needs, wants, and ambitions are wrong. You are the minority. Here, try this shale. I don’t know what the fuck it is either, but you’ll learn to love it”.

Rollins with this guy

>best
uhh

>cheapest
Once in a while I can find (frozen) chicken hearts for a third the price of chicken tits.
They taste like dark chicken meat, just more intensely.

i eat meat and chicken cuz i like it
keep your bitch ass shakes to yourself faglord

Fucking thank you. I was just about to post chicken hearts/ liver.organ meats don’t get enough love here. They’re fucking fantastic and healthier than other cuts.

>but stopped after reading enough evidence on the dangers of meat.
stopped reading right there

Has anyone done the math to account for bones in that thigh pound price? I've been buying chicken tendie loins because they're easily portioned and no bones, but they are like $3/lb.
>t. autist

Iktfb

beef

/thread

Aw man you got a lot to learn. I’d use them bones to make broth/ stock if I was you.

desu buy a whole chicken. wayyyyy cheaper and pretty good. Roast the whole thing. Use a yogurt marinade for extra gains and flavour.

>gizzards, hearts, livers
Iron and cholesterol baby

GIzzard texture is gross, though. I would recommend chopping them up as small as possible and making a gizzard hash w/ eggs. Bonus for gizzards+bacon

I’ll try that. I’d usually mix gizzards up with chorizo and eggs.

Definitely a whole chicken, thighs, or even chicken cutlet thin sliced. Here the most I pay for chicken breast family pack is $5.50, and cutlets thin sliced only $1.50 for 5.

Brainlet question but how do you guys normally cook your chicken thighs?

REMEMBER to save all the bones and skin, along with veggie ends to make broth which you can just drink or use to cook.

Thighs are the sweet spot of price / not paying for bones. Look for sales and freeze, last week bought 6 packs @ 89¢ lbs.

I'm cutting, if I buy and cook my own chicken, how can I estimate what percentage is meat, and what percentage is shit I won't immediately use? (skin, bones, etc)

don't really want to have to buy five chickens, strip the meat off all of them, weigh the carcass then average it, so are there any butchers/experienced chicken eaters who know the average meat percentage of a chicken? I'm guessing somewhere around 65-70%?

Also if anyone knows, what are the average calories and protein in chicken meat, white and dark together? or does it vary too much to estimate?

What are some good ways to season chicken?

count me in senpai

Salt, pepper, maybe rub in a bit of olive oil.

It's chicken it doesn't need to buried in seasoning every time.

I buy 10lb bags of chicken quarters from the mexican market for 8.60
Last friday i made a gigantic pot of chicken and rice with all ten pounds. been eating it with cheese all week

those toes look like they're playing the piano

post pics

top kek

lol

roll

Beef+lamb/mutton you mean

>ohp more than my weight
>bench only 2 plate
fucking manlets

nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/15/eating-chicken-may-lead-to-a-smaller-penis/

>eating nothing but a pound of beans a day for $1 a pound
B R A P C E N D E D

Former Tyson exec. Boneless skinless breast in USA is around $2/lb. It's the preferred cut for Americans... every other country prefers thigh meat. Since Americans eat a lot of breast meat from "big" 7 lb birds, lots of legs and thighs left over. Internationally, these are sold for ~$0.30 a lb. You can buy in big bags at Walmart for around $0.75. You pay for bones this way, but it's better tasting meat IMHO.

Are you a retard?
Our ancestors have pretty much always been omnivorous, or for at least 3 million years of homos. And then out tree climbing ancestors before then, etc.
We have fucking canine and meat shredding teeth. Our stomach acid is at the perfect omnivorous level, the same as a pigs.
We have an omnivores digestion system, not a herbivores, or a carnivores.
Jesus Christ.
Fucking educate yourself you fucking moron

Roast them in a mix of spicy bbq and honey,

>adding empty calories

nigga what

greek yogurt and lemon juice is the only way to flavor chicken

keeeeeek

750g of chicken thighs (pack of 5-6 thighs) from my local supermarket costs £1.49. After I have skinned and boned them I have around 500g of thigh meat. By comparison the cheapest chicken breasts (pack of 2) from that same supermarket cost £1.89 and weigh 300g total.

Simplest way is on a baking tray in the oven @180C/350F for 45-50 minutes

Fresh pasta right here

>Also if anyone knows, what are the average calories and protein in chicken meat, white and dark together? or does it vary too much to estimate?

This is a question easily answered by google. But they're basically the same in terms of protein, calories and fat are slightly higher in the thigh but unless you're cutting for a comp you don't need to worry.

go to [insert grocery store here] and get the rotisserie chicken

Buying a whole chicken is the best way to go. Look up how to butcher one (it only takes like 1-2 minutes) and you get fresher cuts for about 1/3rd the cost per pound of breasts. You get 2 breasts, thighs, drumsticks, and wings. Plus you can make stock out of the bones.

>*flips kitchen chair around and sits on it backwards*
its always the stupid shit

This. Spatchcock that bitch, roast it and have yourself a delicious roast chicken. They're really easy to make, they're tasty and super impressive for guests I type as if anyone on here has ever interacted with another human and invited them over for dinner

Trim the skin and fat off, debone, pressure cook. Pressure cooked thighs pull apart perfectly. Pull them apart and then briefly saute them in buffalo sauce or salsa or whatever. Buffalo pulled chicken in 30 minutes.

kek

Cheapest is to buy a whole chicken

Buy a whole chicken and learn to butcher it yourself. It isn't difficult to do.

user gets it.

>Trim the skin and fat off
people have been murdered for less

whole chicken, cut it yourself. its a lot more fun that way (I like being covered in blood) ;)

fuck yeah roll

Whole chickens. I cook 2 chickens a day.

saved