Okay, so I'm coming here for information out of desperation. My story:

Okay, so I'm coming here for information out of desperation. My story:

I'm a fat guy. I've always been fat. I've tried several times throughout my life to lose weight. Throughout highschool I watched what I ate and lifted. Got strong as fuck, still fat. Most recently, I cut my calories down to 1500 a day. I went for 10 months like that, and it worked. Here's the issue, it only worked initially. The first two months or so I lost almost 100 lbs, and then... nothing.

According to some people, even if I lay around I should lose weight at that calorie intake. But, even with exercising, I stopped losing weight after two months. I still eat less than I used to, but I stopped sticking to 1500 a day because wtf is the point of eating like a starving third world child and being hungry all the time if I'm just going to a fat POS anyways? Starting to gain back though even though I work out almost every day and still only eat 2000 a day, give or take a a few hundred. I shouldn't have to eat like a starving third world person to just be slightly less obese. Help?

whats ur height and weight?

5'10, and 340ish?

Dude that is disgusting. Lose the weight now. Your ancestors would be disgusted to know you're who is responsible for carrying on their genes. Stop looking at it as a diet. This is s lifestyle change that will be PERMANENT if you want to permanently live a normal life. It wasn't easy to get that fat and it won't be easy to lose it. Listen or don't, what do i care? You're that disgusting person people don't even want their kids to see, that women hope don't make eye contact with them, that emt's hope never have to carry you on a stretcher etc. Your life to waste.

Losing weight and getting in shape is a marathon bro, not a race. You need to stick to it to get the best results and to really keep yourself motivated. You know how bad it is to be that overweight, you know the damage it will do to you. Ask yourself, is it worth it to keep pigging out knowing what’s in store for you later on? Plus medical bills will catch up to you in the long run.

This guy is 100% correct. Especially a lit the lifestyle bro. If you just look at it as a simple diet, you’ll never make it and just drop it.

you are 100% miscalculating if you aren't losing weight at 1500 kcals/day at 5'10, 300+ lbs.

Healthy diet
If
Cardio
Weight trainin
= weight loss

How could one lose 100lbs in 2 months?

By only eating 1500 calories a day.

So far this seems to be just a bunch of cunts who didn't even read the post. I went 10 months eating 1500 calories and would have been fine sticking with that if it continued to work. Even now I only eat about 2000 a day and work out almost every day. Yeah, I'm fat, and it's disgusting. Hence why I'm trying to lose weight and even asking here where it's 95% edgy trolls.

If it was as simple as not eating as much and working out, I'd have gotten where I wanted, obviously. Again, that's why I'm asking. Working out daily and eating 1500 calories a day should make me lose weight, well, continue to do so.

And to the guy that said it's a marathon. I know, but I shouldn't lose almost 100pbs in two months and then 0 loss over the next 8 should I? How can I work out every day and eat sonfew calories and not continue to lose more than that? How many fat people do you see that work out daily and watch what the eat?

Most people my size are food hoarding pigs. Its annoying having to be any way related to that. I guess at the very least I can walk, run, function normally unlike a lot of them.

>tfw 6'2
>247lb
>wide shoulders, big hands, big body
>losing between 40-45lb would be my perfect weight
>have an awful diet
>want to change it, check Veeky Forums
>a lot of english terms I don't understand
>slowly deciphering them
will I make it

Troll post. Or you are lying to yourself about calorie intake

Thing is, I don't pig out. That's what's so frustrating. Yeah, I ate too much before, but even then it wasn't as bad as you'd expect from someone my size. Even after stopping the 1500 a day I still only eat around 2000 a day, and still work out almost every day. I do know it's bad on my body, part of the reason I'm trying to change it. Thankfully I'm relatively healthy considering I'm in my mid 30s and this fat. No serious health problems what so ever. Probably because despite being fat I watch what I eat and work out all the time.

Not at all, to either. While I was doing the 1500 a day I was strictly counting and even rounding up to be extra safe. The reason I'm asking here is because it seems as absurd to me as it sounds to you that I did all that and didn't get more results.

What do you eat on a normal day? What working out? Be specific

You’ll make it bro. Anyway I can help, I’ll gladly do so bro.

I eat pretty much anything, just keep track of it. While I was doing 1500 a day I was eating frozen dim sims a bit. Doesn't sound the healthiest, but easy to track. 99 calories each, 3 of them for a meal.

>"According to some people, even if I lay around I should lose weight at that calorie intake."
>"but I stopped sticking to 1500 a day because wtf is the point of eating like a starving third world child and being hungry all the time if I'm just going to a fat POS anyways?"
found your problem. How do people become fat, like nigga run

Sorry. Forgot about the working out. I do squats, curls, shoulder press all with weights. Lower weight, so higher reps. Example would be like 60 shoulder press or curls with the 22lb dumbbells.

Point was, that you missed, is according to them I should be losing even if I just layed around... which I wasn't. If you'd actually read it, you'd have known that I work out nearly every day and I'm not just laying around.

no one who is should be saying the exercise enough

>I was eating frozen dim sims
gotta get those veggies and fruits in there bro

You're not going to lose weight because you're a fucking food addict who's trying to get clean for a little while and not truly attempting to change

Look, just do Intermittent Fasting. It's where you don't eat ANYTHING for 16 hours a day.
After that 16 hours you have a strict(meaning no eating later as a snack)4 hour eating window.
Make it 2hours before bedtime so that you will have enough time for it to digest and get a short walk in.

As for eating.
Clean lean meat with the occasional fatty meat
Clean organic veggies
Nuts
Berries
The occasional fruit as a snack
Drink up to a gallon of water a day
You can drink unsweatened tea and black coffee

If you just do the above eating method and simple diet you'll drop a ton of pounds.
Hell, just doing IF and NOTHING ELSE will see remarkable changes in your body composition and general health.

cut out all frozen processed food. I’m 5 9” used to weigh 230, I cut all sugar, no alcohol, started making my own meals, more fish, veggies, green tea etc.
Just like the other user said it’s a lifestyle. Do I want to eat the greasy frozen pizza? Fuck yes, but I wont.

>eating frozen dim sims a bit. Doesn't sound the healthiest, but easy to track. 99 calories each, 3 of them for a meal.

Dude, what? 3 little frozen dim sum? No wonder you don't stick to dieting. That would leave you hungry all day.

How about this:
Eat anything you want... but it has to be something your great grandfather would recognize as "food".

Banana? Have at it!

Frozen gas station burrito? Great grandpappy would be baffled at even just opening it. No good!

You're getting a TON of advice in this thread, but don't get overwhelmed. Pick ONE piece of advice that someone in this thread gives you and that you think you're 90% sure you can stick with it.
... then fucking DO it. Once you choose your strategy, stick to it and ignore everything else.

Next, just weigh yourself every week. If you stall out 2 weeks in a row change something else.

I'm very weary on the intermittent fasting. Most of my life that's pretty much how I ate. No breakfast, no lunch, just dinner. That's the reason most doctors and fitness people always gave me for not losing weight. "You need to eat 5 small meals every few hours instead of just eating once a day".

As for being a food addict, sure, I like it... but how many food addicts do you know that went 10 months eating 1500 calories a day, and only 2000-2300 a day when not trying?

I did, just giving an example of sometime I ate often while doing 1500 a day.

thanks user, you all seem so helpful in this board, I didn't think it would be like that

>Dude, what? 3 little frozen dim sum? No wonder you don't stick to dieting. That would leave you hungry all day.

I was fucking hungry all the time. lol. Most of the advice here is stuff I either know already and have tried, or people just being edgy. I know I'm fat, I know it's disgusting. I think it's disgusting. If it was as simple as any of the obvious stuff people are saying, I would have lost the weight already. As for sticking to it, I'll stick to anything if it fuckin' works. I stuck with being hungry all the time eating fuck all for 8 months after it stopped working in hopes that it would just be an up and down thing. If it works, I'll do it. Simple as that. If someone gives some advice that I haven't already tried and ruled out, I'll give it a go. That's why I'm here. Hoping to get some ideas out of the ordinary, since the ordinary hasn't worked for long term yet.

if you truly spent 8 months plataued at a bodyweight of nearly 160kg while ACTUALLY consuming less than 2000 cal per day (without ANY extended periods of binging on junk) then you are quite literally a medical marvel and you should go in and get tested to find out what is it about your body that allows it to break the laws of physics

How can you weigh 340 lbs, eat 1500 calories a day and exercise, and not lose weight?

just about to post this. why is it that fatties that 'cant lose weight' always seem to break the laws of physics?

is it possible that your 2000-2300 days were actually 4000-5000 days and you had like, 2-3 of them a week?

You’re more than welcome bro. Support is always a great way to get things started to build motivation. If there’s any terms you need to learn, or are confused about, then I’m here to help.

Also I’m the user who mentioned about lifestyle. Bro, you’re so hung up on the 10 month thing, but then you stopped. You have to learn that 10 months is fantastic progress, and stick to it. Calculate your TDEE nkw bro, and then see what you can have to eat. You mentioned frozen dinners, that’s already bad due to the fact that they add in more sugar than you think, and leave you craving for more, thus putting a mental strain on you. Cooking your own food is much much MUCH cheaper and satisfying than buying frozen dinners, and you can buy said ingredients in bulk. So that you don’t have to worry about running out. I’d also highly suggest oats bro. Oats can definitely keep you filled and satisfied while also being able to be combined with peanut butter, 100% Natural of course, with blueberries and a frozen banana. Veggies are also key here bro. Add them to every meal possible, like with your chicken. Beans are also key bro. You can make it. Just remember why you’re doing this, and don’t give up. Don’t let small weight loss compared to your 10 month goal defeat you.

He mentioned eating 3 frozen dinners too, which I believe we all know how much hidden calories those have along with the high sugar in them. Somethings up

I wasnt being a dick, it's not like he's 100kg trying to lose a bit and not beiong consistent and so it fluctuates seeminly endlessly without progress, 160kg is a fuckton of weight and require serious calorie intake to maintain, hell even sticking to a strict 3000 calorie diet and lifting consistently would give you very continuous results at that weight.

either OP's info is incorrect, we're being baited hard, or he is a freak of nature

That's a really fucking good question, that's why I'm asking it! lol

Trust me. I've asked doctors, even had some tests. Thyroid is very slightly under active, but not enough to explain the difficulty losing weight, and my uric acid is high. Other than that, perfectly normal and healthy.

According a doctor and some online sites (no idea how trustworthy those are desu), I should be having 2800-2900 calories a day to start losing weight, but I rarely hit that many even when I was eating without giving a shit. So fuck if I know.

It's extremely frustrating. I know other people around my size, and they'll complain about being fat, but if I mention exercise, even simple walking they say shit like "eww, I don't want to do that, I'd rather just stay fat". I work out almost every day, I enjoy working out most of the time. I don't eat beef, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't eat chocolate, I almost never eat any kind of candy, I don't care much for sweets, they actually make me feel ill... I don't hoard food, I don't go on binges... It's super frustrating.

>eat 1500 calories
>lose 100lbs in 2months
>suddenly stop
That makes no fucking sense. 100lbs in 2 months is a great start and a pretty sizeable amount. Granted it sounds like you must have been at least 400+ at the time, but still, that's pretty good. But to go from losing THAT MUCH that quickly to nothing? No. You changed something and/or were fucking up in trying to keep track of your calories. Something went wrong.

Go back to 1500 a day and be 10000% sure of everything you eat.

My guess is he's underestimating how much he eats.

Maybe try watching what you eat, not just how much. Have lots of protein and fiber, and almost no fat, sugar or carbs. Another good idea would be to do cardio if you aren't doing it already

>If it was as simple as any of the obvious stuff people are saying, I would have lost the weight already.

It is as simple as that.

I did IF with the occasional 24 hour fast and trained 5 days a week along with cutting out all liquids except for black coffee and water and all snack foods and fast foods and the like.

Dropped from 310-235. I haven't been this weight since I was 12.

That's a different person, but that's for the tips anyways. lol

I'm struggling similar to you OP, I am 124kg and eat 1500 calories however unlike you it is OMAD with just my home made stew with beef, red onion, bell peppers, spinach, chopped tomatoes and garlic.

Only thing I eat everyday and still can't lose any weight despite also going to the gym doing ss + cardio.

It takes honestly awhile for weight to drop bro. It may not look like progress now, but you’ll see yourself shedding that weight as time passes by. It’s mostly mental games playing with you bro. Trust in the fact that you’re living healthier, eating better, breathing better, feeling better.

doesn't matter how many calories you think you're eating
just eat less than you do now

Frozen dim sims, not dinners. 3x 99 calorie dumplings for a meal.

Not unless all nutritional info lies. lol

Yeah, I've been told that before, which is why I don't lose more even when I go to extremes.

I know it makes no fucking sense. That's why I've asked all kinds of people about it and why I'm asking here. I kept the 1500 a day up after the 2 months. In fact, I made sure I was being extra careful when it was actually giving results. The doctors I talked to about it actually weren't very happy about the 1500 a day thing, it's apparently not good for me, but it's the ONLY thing that's shown ANY results.

I was very careful to track everything and even had another person double checking.

I don't really eat sweets much, no red meat, no sugary drinks. Only thing I ate quite a bit of before was bread, but I cut that out almost entirely when I started doing 1500 a day.

>eat less
>die from hunger
epic

I know it's difficult to understand, but it's not an instantaneous process.

I know user but it has been 3 months, surely something has to give right?
All I can do is reduce the servings I have since it is technically 3 servings, I just eat it all in one day since that adds up to on average 1300 calories with the max being 1400 depending on how big the veggies are (meat is always consistent)

One of the things I've been told, by the chemist who body builds, is that I stopped losing the weight because "My body got used to it". He said 1500 is too few, and that I should eat low calorie for a month, and then more food the next month and kinda switch between it. Haven't tried THAT yet, seems like it'd just make it harder to do. I can keep up with the 1500 a day, but if I keep going between that and eating more food, it's going to suck. That, and I gain weight as soon as I start eating more than 1500 calories. Even at 2000-2300 a day I'm gaining my weight back even though I've started working out even more than I was before.

OP here, I lost all my weight the first couple months and then nothing.

I was literally eating the same amount, and even less sometimes than my 7 year old son while I was doing the 1500 a day. Am I supposed to eat 1 dim sim for a meal instead of the 3 little ones I was? lol

how about you find an alternative to dim sims? Like a big low calorie vegetable, that'll fill you up and not fuck your caloric deficit

Is this the way to make it? Eating like this each day?

I could live with that. Maybe some steamed cabbage instead of broccoli sometimes.

bump

eat even less. (only enough to sustain yourself, if you really want to lose the weight you can power through it)
cardio cardio cardio (weight lifting isnt as sufficient for burning fat. Also do some intense cardio, not any weak ass walks around the park or some shit like that)
tons of water (more salt= more water. Dont want water retention i suppose?)
eat clean, common sense eating, Why would i eat some frozen Chinese crap when i can make my own meals that are both healthy and delicious
If you truly wanna lose it, you gotta act like it. Stop acting like its some genetic magic. You ate a lot and got really fat. Not even trying to be mean or anything.You gotta go one step further if your looking to drop the weight fast. Else, you can take it slow and steady; but you dont sound like that type

same thing happened to me.
dont lower your calories unless it is to 0
look into fasting
go low carb
get into ketosis
fast
calorie reduction lowers metabolism
but fasting does wonders , look into it

me again --> Literally all the stuff that people are mentioning in this thread works... even the simplest stuff.

I promise if you pick 1 piece of advice and stick with it, it WILL work.

Consistency is 1000x more important than having the perfect routine

>I'm very weary on the intermittent fasting.
Fine, then don't do it. It's not for you right now.
Pick something else that sticks out to you as "yeah... yeah I can do that. It _can't_ be that simple... they have to be trolling me... I could do X easy!"

Seriously. Weigh yourself every week at the same time (say every Sunday morning), and if the needle isn't moving 2 weeks in a row, then change one more small thing.

I promise you can do this. it takes a lot of hard work to stay at the weight you are at.

mirin' that advice, user. OP should listen

me, the "every 2 weeks" guy again.

Gotta call you on your bullshit, famalam. You didn't eat 1500cal/day.
I don't care how careful you think you were tracking it, you're wrong.

my dude

You got this OP. Get out of your own way.

go whole food plant based vegan diet. Give up salt, sugar, and oil.

You can eat all you want. Don't have to count calories. It's the healthiest way to eat. Has the benefits of slimming you down to a healthy bmi.

Ok. I do wanna get big, but for now I should cut?

Aww, but eeeggs... I guess eating as much green shit as I want would be ok. I can't do frozen veg packets from the grocery store though... Can I? I'm poor.