/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

Projection edition

If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
coachpapayats.com/chinese-weightlifting-blog/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p69RTETO3-lZrnBH9uq2Q4k4uEMfm1vn1i3GRXNIroQ/edit#gid=1478935899
instagram.com/p/BeXoV0XnIIc/
youtube.com/watch?v=QAlCXrgV8G4
youtu.be/THN5Y3heKug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you do /owg/ as a hobby?

are you referring to me specifically making this thread, or the sport of weightlifting

sport silly

What else would you do it as? None of us are good enough to be professional

just bee urself

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter"""

man, you bouncelifting fanboys (none of you can ACTUALLY lift for shit obviously) should be ashamed of yourselves. THIS corpulent schmuck with floppy bitch tits is an """elite""" """athlete""" in this little niche activity?

no bump for you shit bags because this is fucking embarrassing. lmaooooooooooooo..

ew why would I want to do that

Fuck off jeff

How upright should I be in the snatch? I have found that I can balance the weight overhead better with a 60º angle, internal rotation and focusing the weight on my heels. Does any of this sound dangerous or bad?

ok, so I'm thinking of getting into olympic weightlifting, but I have chondropathy ("""bad knees""").
Is it a good idea to start this as a hobby?

What did your doctor say?

he has told me to avoid squating, biking, climbing stairs, or even sitting with my knees too bent.
However, I have a light case of chondropathy, so doing those once in a while w-won't be a problem, r-right?

weight should be distributed evenly on foot but otherwise no. When you pull and extend, weight should be in midfoot/balls.

idk m8 I have shitty knees too and weightlifting makes them better, not worse. After my knee surgery, my ortho said I'll never run again so just do whatever doesn't hurt. Eventually you'll learn to distinguish between acceptable pain and unacceptable pain and follow that

should probably clarify I had knee surgery before I even stepped foot in a gym, ruined my meniscus playing high school sports

Is this any good?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p69RTETO3-lZrnBH9uq2Q4k4uEMfm1vn1i3GRXNIroQ/edit#gid=1478935899

at least he bumps the thread!

When you jerk from the start instead of at the end

Looool, stupid American lifters

Oh wait I just thought she was American because she’s a slut, sorry guise.

That chart makes no sense.

for what it is, which is a template based on photos of a chinese training program for students with limited time to train, it's good. the basic layout, sets and reps, etc are fine and pretty conventional in terms of owler training
it suffers from the same problem that ALL percentage-based programs suffer from, which is that they're aimed at people whose technique is very good and who are advanced enough that their 1rm is very stable, taking weeks or months to improve even a little tiny bit
if your technique isn't very good then a couple of changes in it will drastically improve your "1rm" so why fuck around with percentages until technique is very good and stable
if you're not a very advanced lifter then playing with percentages for weeks before re-evaluating your 1rm will hold you back in your progression rate
most of the people on this board, or frankly, any place discussing owl, would be better off either trying to linearly progress some prescribed sets by reps in good form, or just doing the prescribed sets by reps "by feel" as heavy as possible (or "lite" if called for) with good form, rather than playing with percentages. one can do that with this type of template pretty easily though.

Yeah, I usually take the percentages as suggestions. One day it feels lighter, another heavier. I just make sure I increase the weight over time.

alright, thanks. I had stopped squatting for a bit too, but started again yesterday, since it wasn't painful.
I'll probably just do thinks like squats/biking with which I already know the movements, to see how it goes. If it doesn't hurt, I'll try getting into ow

youtube.com/watch?v=QAlCXrgV8G4

Niggers

squat jerk is hard

Thanks for the help user

bump

what about it doesn't make sense
I made it as a ruse cruise anyway

He probably didn't see what the axes represent.

why are you meme jerking

why is WL lower on the 'tism scale than casual PL? They're both about equa ltbh

When you jerk from the start instead of at the end

Looool

I want to be special, user. I've got long femurs, long arms, so it's probably shit for me but I want to take on the challenge.

Bump.

Do any of you dorks actually lift?

I do but not very well

Not really, best lifts are 75/104 at 82kgs. FS is 142 and BS is 150, Push Press 86kgs.

I'll help bump with my webms

You can meme even harder by split snatching.

god the squat jerk just looks so aesthetic
u must be smokin crack if you don't wish you could meme jerk as well as the chinks can

What do for sore wrists after workouts?

how the fuck do I be as strong as little Naim

be born with manlet god genetics, train under Abadjiev, take a lot of roids, drink a lot, and die young

She’s gone to trash bros

just finishing the final week of the full Smolov program. I fucked up my wrist back in August, catching a clean shittily. Finally starting to feel better, so I've been incorporating rehab into my routine. I hope to be able to start snatches and cleans in a month or two. In the meantime, I want to hit a 485 squat for my final smolov maxes this Saturday

Why smolov?

rite of passage

Eh, she'll be a thicc instathot and have a video of her being DP'd by chad and jamal in a year.

Stupid

Not that far

ice I guess

it's also probably because of your overhead position so, internally rotate more?

Dum

bump for good luck later in the gym and a PR breaking session

Squatting is generally good for your knees if done to depth and a lot of people have rehabbed knee issues by making them stronger with squats. Most doctors are nene merchants about this who have no experience of lifters or lifting.

>twf splitting is unironically the only way you can rack a heavy snatch

post video?

Can’t m8. Short version is a shoulder issue that makes the bottom position of the squat style unusable. I can get near enough as low with the split tho and consider it a gr8 alternative for people who struggle stabilising the weight overhead in a squat.

but my condition can't be rehabed. There's a thing like a string in the knees and I just was born without it

You dont have a patelar tendon? How does your leg even work?

very carefully!

it's like this.
I don't get pain often though, and doc has said that it's a really early stage (I'm 22, after all). But he told me to be careful when I bend my knee.

stop talking poorly about my girlfriend

I will find each and every one of you and personally saw off your head if you continue to talk poorly about my pretty princess

saving this thread
buy my bumper plates

what part of the wrist is sore?
unless there's some kind impaction or other underlying pathology, mobilization is always recommended
it moves blood to the area and helps develop rom
wrist curls and french presses, high reps, low weight

I'll buy them from you if they're cheap

Bump!

sold 'em already desu

that sucks

I knew a guy who was born without an ACL, he could only run in straight lines

I'm 6'5 110kg+ natty, been doing weightlifting for about 3 months. Power snatched 120kg and cleaned and jerked 140kg. Did powerlifting before this.
Any of you faggots stronger than me?

wtf

>driving off her toes

yes
140 cj as a super heavy is mega embarrassing, even for an amateur

Show me someone clean and jerking more than that with 3 months training and no steroids.

I'm 6'7" and squat 5pl8. You are weak buddy

>I'm 6'7"
That must suck.
Luckily my arms and femurs are quite short.
My wingspan is like 1cm shorter than my height.

My powerlifting stats were 230kg deadlift and 220kg squat after about 1.5 years of training, then I injured my lower back (got greedy and stupid). And only benched with light squats/deadlifts (mostly just with the bar) for about 6 months, worked up to a 150kg bench for a double. Once my back got good again, I switched to oly lifting and here I am.

Clarence was probably doing that when he was 17 kek

Clarence was clean and jerking that after 2 years of striaght oly training.

wasn't*

After a decade of training and steroids, what's your point?

Wasn't making a point, just putting up the one webm I had of Clarence you fucking nerd.

So why did you reply to me, kek.

/u/HorseBrah on /r/weightlifting for one

What's his training and athletic history?

he's some chinese american kid, that's all
skinny 12 year olds from the backwaters of Guangzhou lift more than you mate come off it

youtu.be/THN5Y3heKug

After a shit ton of specific weightlifting training. I have enough strength to lift more, but my technique is horrible and I'm utilizing my strength base fully.

Most of them have been training everyday with coaches for 5 years at least. I'm just a guy that lifts for fun mostly in his home gym.

keep telling yourself this
maybe it'll raise your total a couple kilos
until then fuck off weakfag

>being this upset that you're weaker than someone doing oly for 3 months.
Top kek.

literally nobody's tripping over you
thanks for bumping the thread

Recommended drills for dipping under the bar? I can power clean 1.5plate but I can't even clean it.

i dunno man just doing a bunch of partial drills when you can't even do the full movement correctly probably isn't going to help you and will ultimately just reinforce poor movement patterns
why do you think you can't clean into a squat?
post a video so we can see what might be going on