brosplit vs SS summed up in one picture

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.cancer.org.au/skincancerstats/Settings:_Workplace
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994683/
startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>training routine makes you fat

> the Chad PPL vs the Virgin SS

honestly, what even is the point of SS? I get wanting to train strength, but when you're a beginner:
>you should perform as many reps as possible, especially of the compound movements, so that you learn how to do them properly
>you'll see your body just get fat, and it's discouraging for beginners
>higher than normal chance of fucking up your joints because you're loading more weight that you can handle, while not knowing how to lift it properly

Honestly, what's the fucking point? All I see is a bunch of egolifters, that more often than not, quit after 6 months tops.

The point is it's simple, it works and you don't get fat if jou don't do GOMAD

>it works
I've been doing brosplits, and my buddy was doing SS. I ended up lifting more than him, and I'm a girl. Also he fucked up his shoulders and he can't bench anymore.
Yeah, SS sounds wonderful.

Your buddy sounds like a retard with shit form

ive dealt with this too personally when I did SS i struggled and did not make an aesthetically pleasing gains then I did a split and made fairly nice gains. This week I started SS on a proper diet and plan to stick with it for 3 months while reading the book. I'll report back with how I look

aka literally every beginner ever.
Most here on Veeky Forums are just dyel dumbasses who fantasize about lifting.
Most of the people who actually lift on here, say to NOT do SS.
The SS defense force are just a bunch of dyels for the most part who know shit-all.

Why are you shilling for SS though? It is objectively a really bad routine.

It's not a routine that you should be doing for multiple years but it isn't bad at all

Post alternatives pls. Srs.

Did SS years ago with shit progress and lots of stalling. Got discouraged and quit. Now I want to get into it again, but the routines shilled are either SS or SS derivatives (eg. GSLP) or you just get to hear "do a split/bodybuilding routine" without clarification.

As far as I understood it, split meaning just picking a template I find online and do whatever exercises that suit me.

However I have no idea how to progress on splits.

Do I just increase weight the same way as in SS, 5lbs on every life every time? Because that seems unrealistic. Or do I just increase on whatever lift whenever I feel like it's getting easy?

Somone pls explain how to progress on a brosplit.

What is SS composed of anyway?

its composed of reading the sticky

Do Coolcicada's PPL.

When it comes to increasing weight you do it when you need to. If you have to do 3x8 OHP and you can easily push for 10 reps, then increase the weight. Its not a perfect science but it isnt complicated either.

Most people flop on hypertrophy because they do something like SS where form is really ignored and cheating is promoted for beating PRs, whereas hypertrophy needs you to maintain complete control through your reps with good form.

>that tan difference
I wish you could tan without getting cancer

>However I have no idea how to progress on splits.
I'm I've been doing brosplits for just under a year now.
What I do, is, when I feel that things are easy, add weight to my last set first. Then, I'll add more weight to my second from last, and so on, till everything is leveled, and start again. For example, on an exercise that I'm lifting 30kg, for 4 sets, I'd progress like this:
>week1
30 x 30 x 30 x 30
>week2
30 x 30 x 30 x 35
>week3 same as week2
>week 4
30 x 30 x 35 x 35
>week 5
30 x 35 x 35 x 35
>week6 same as week5
>week7
35 x 35 x 35 x 35

Brospilts have worked like a charm to me. When I started, my stats were:
>ohp
12 kg (with dumbbells)
>bench
16 kg (dumbbells again)
>squat
20kg
>dl
25kg

Now, I'm at
>ohp
20kg
>bench
40kg, but repped it for 14 times, will try more next time
>squat
75kg
>dl
60kg, have had many issues with my form, I've been dling with proper form for about 4 months

>outside workers less likely to get skin cancer than inside workers
>those who regularly tan less likely to get skin cancer than those who rarely tan

you were lied to, seriously look it up user

i want to believe. tell me more user

i live next to the biggest coal power plant in the world and apparently it increases my rate of skin cancer x2.

i still want to tan user, tell me more

>>outside workers less likely to get skin cancer than inside workers
maybe because most outside workers are black or mexicans, you fucking inbred

>under a year
>75kg squat
>60kg DL
>worked like a charm
My 5'6 57kg wife that has 0 motivation outlifted you in lesser time period.

>you should perform as many reps as possible, especially of the compound movements, so that you learn how to do them properly
This makes no sense
High reps won't get you to advance the weight

>i can't read
also those aren't 1rm

I'm not talking about advancing the weight, I'm talking about getting the movement right

Your soyboy buddy's progress on ss means nothing

even for a 100 reps those are pathetic stats for 1 year.

You need to advance if you want to get big and doing high reps will not allow you to do that

SS isn’t bad if performed correctly but lots of people don’t do it right. I find that people who shit on SS haven’t read the book or do not fully understand it. I used to be the same.

It could be better but it blows splits out of the water for a novice. It has a good frequency of lifts among other things, there could be better methods for certain people but you have to remember that it’s a general template and not catered to individual needs and designed for weight on the bar as fast as possible.

The period that you actually should run a beginner program is so fucking small in the long run of training that it doesn’t really matter.

As cringey as the guy is, I actually quite like AlphaDestinys Novice Program if a beginner can handle the volume and most can.

>seriously look it up
absolute horseshit
wiki.cancer.org.au/skincancerstats/Settings:_Workplace
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994683/

and everyone else's non-progress on SS also doesn't mean anything either, I guess? uh, ok

ok bro, sure
>intermediate on most lifts, while on program that doesn't even prioritize strength

how dense can you be? I'm not saying NEVER do low reps high intensity. What I'm saying, is that the first one or two months, to do high rep, so that the movements stick to your muscle memory

>SS isn’t bad if performed correctly but lots of people don’t do it right

>Communism isn’t bad if performed correctly but lots of people don’t do it right

>muh book
what the fuck have you found in the book that changed SS in a way that suddenly makes it not dogshit? ive actually read 2nd edition and its mostly touches upon biomchanics of lifts and lists various exercsises without much info regarding programming. the only routine there is the bare-bones squat bench pc etc routine. in practical programming he adds pullups. still garbage program. alpha desitny's novice is indeed probably the best program out there for beginners. every routine that doesnt include horizontal pull with at least comparable volume to bench goes into trash.

DYEL cunt.
not everyone starts out from a physical lifestyle.
i do admit they are rather low but i have out lifted 99% of fit by the time i was 15 but i digress, for those who started out even chubby when they started lifting are going to take a lot longer to gain strength, especially following a purely lifting regime forgoing cardio as their bodies have never been put under the constant stress, their muscle fibers have not learn to rebuild in the was someone who has lived an active life's do. thier bodies are not accustomed to training and so they must train it.
my 1rm bench at 15 was close to 200kg. sadly though hormones got the best of me and i gave up training to drink copious amounts of alcohol and fuck bitches. Don't even know my 1rm anymore the weight bench i have can only fit 70kg still enough to make the bar flex though.(most of my weights are sand filled not steel)

why does that picture have brains for breasts?

>he thinks women have their brains in their heads
no, you moron, women have their brains in their breasts. That's why babies who breastfeed are smarter. They get brain juice which helps them have bigger brain in the future.

>taking roids during puberty
lmao @ your 60 years life expectancy

>teh bok solves everyting11!
SS is and always has been a meme and if you bought the book you’re a certified retard

>These are the people who spew the "ss is a meme" meme

it is a meme in the sense that it is reccomended to everyone indiscriminately and regardless of one's individual goals while the sole goal of SS is to turn healthy men into unfuckable obese betas with humunculus proportions and its very effective at that.

White one is cuter desu senpai

/thread
sage

This is literally me at 72kg and all I' ve been doing was SS for 3 or 4 months
with an athletic background of course. I don't think I look like an unfuckable obese beta with humunculus proportions

bench 75kg -> 92,5kgx5
OHP 40-> 55kgx5
squat(high bar) 100-> 140x5
deadlift 120-> 155kgx5

Rate my SS follow up routine:
A:
Squad 5x5
Bench 5x5
Military 5x5
Incline DB Press 3x8-12
Lateral raise 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

B:
Deadlift 4x5
BB Rows 5x5
Chinups 3x8
Seated Row 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12
Triceps Pushdown 3x8-12

I do this 3 times a week. The programm is combining some heavy compound lifts with hyperthrophy afterwards. Not more leg involvement because I run 3 times a week.

>No upper body
>No abs
>No arms
>No Calves
>Hilarous thighs
Checks out.

>says brosplits work like a charm
>adds 8Kg to his bench in one year
you made your point clear

so you didn't do SS the first time

Bro split on the right, SS on the left. Agreed. Great post OP.

his lats and chest look good

>72 kg
FUCKING MANLET DIE

Are you a recovering cancer patient or just trolling?

A 60kg deadlift, 20kg OHP is considered by you to be "working like a charm?" My 14 year old sister is 5'3 115 pounds and deadlifted 155 the first time I showed her how to do it

Strength base. You build up your strength in the first 6 or so months then you can bulk up faster than the guy who is doing a million reps on baby weights like the women.

The difference is that you're a complete bullshitter

Delusional retard spotted. Go back to drooling over your "natty" bb.com athletes on grams of gear.

Thanks for confirming that you're a troll

I'm not sure why everyone on this website shits all over starting strength, it a simple workout plan that gives consistent strength gains for new lifters.

If you run SS for aesthetic gains then you definitely fit the criteria for a eugenics programme.

I did 8 months of starting strength and drank 3L of milk on training days, and by the end my Squat had gone from 60kg -> 130kg, Bench from 40kg -> 90kg and my Press from 25kg -> 65kg. This is coming from a 6'3 former lanklet. Because of SS I'm now strong as fuck and pretty wide.

Stop being retarded Veeky Forums.
Newfags, just do SS.

Frequency is the only issue.
you'd be better off with an upper lower set up.

Tits or GTFO

he is right tho, that guy is just small as shit in general. that said, hes new to training so theres no reason to flame him for it, it's more the attitude and the 13" arms that get me

your traps look ok and you have a nice frame but you are just a base to build on now, albet a nice one.

Probally time to get serious about training, or drop the aittitude

>what even is the point of starting strength

>you need to go high reps to get good at form
>have had many issues with my form
Way to BTFO yourself, chick.

This is what ACTUALLY happens when people follow SS as it's written, following the phases, and following proper diet (not usually GOMAD). Not the fucking memes of t-rexes or any of that stupid bullshit. This is about what I would look like if I would cut, except slightly bigger upper. My OHP is still LPing at 160x5 on SS.

People do retarded shit, don't put in the goddamn work, and then come here to tell everybody SS is a meme. Those people are fucking memes. I actually feel sorry for them, because they'd make some real progress if they weren't such pussies.

Agreed. It's always funny how SS haters will rag on SS all day, but will turn around and suggest some cookie cutter PPL dogshit that they found on bb.com which will just make them take 3 years to get what SS would've given them in 6-12 months

>sub-3plate squat
>sub-2plate bench
>barely above 1plate The Press(tm)
>I'm now strong as fuck and pretty wide.

>diet and lifting vs just lifting

ftfy

Serious question: since we're talking purely about the movements without consideration of weight on the bar, what do you consider to be a high amount of reps, for movement learning purposes, in a single gym session for a single exercise? Answer carefully.

for 8 months that's still pretty good for a beginner.

bread/

post feet

Most people shit on SS because they're too retarded to realize you can adjust the program to accommodate whatever aesthetic goals you have by adding in different isolated movements.

He looks like he's been drinking the gallon of milk but forgot to work out

I'm reading a "dumb shit normies say" thread, but instead of jerking ourselves off like that what we really need is a "dumb shit Veeky Forums says" list, starting with
>3x5 makes you fat :(

My dad said the same garbage. He worked construction and would tan in the sun all the time. Never got sunburnt either. Dermatologist had to zap off 40 or so cancerous moles/skin areas and now has to go in every 6months to get checked.

Usually I don't do this, but c'mon.

Pressing bar and deadlifting 1pl8 is literally what you do on your first week at the gym.

>same stats as me when I was 17 on a broslipt while knowing fuck all about training or nutrition

So this is the power of SS+GOMAD...

>stop criticizing SS, its good because you can just do a different routine!

Assuming you attempted to progress 2,5kg on squats every workout, 3 workouts a week makes 7,5kg a week progress (according to the book).
You made 70kg progress on your squats in 8 months.
70kg progress are supposedly achieveable in SS in 9 weeks.

So that means during 8 months of doing SS, you spent 6 months stalling on your squat.

Congratulations. 10/10 routine. Would squat again.

>tfw this is all you need to look better than 95% of normies and have women drool over you
how the FUCK will Veeky Forums ever recover from this?

SS isn't about how you look
it's about creating a foundation of strength to base your aesthetic gains off of
think about how much more weight you'll be pressing, pulling and wrangling
be strong, then make buff

They'll never understand until they do it.

You look fit-as-fuck. Don't listen to these master betas.

You do realize that you don't have follow every routine you do exactly how it is right?

You're not a girl

yes, i do, because im not retarded. unlike a certain fat texan fuck

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

Let’s be honest. If you’re lifting to look good you have no fucking business doing SS. If you’re lifting as a hobby with a focus on strength and powerlifting then by all means it’s decent.

SS is a meme started exactly at the same time redditors came to /pol/ and then into other boards. Like some fatties wanting people to keep being fattie

Really jogs my almonds

Looking better than 99% of fit. All criticism is ridiculous.

I have been bulking and cutting for years and look waaaaaaaaaay worse than you (as do the other posters on this board).

Keep on crushing it. This is a goal body that almost all of us would be happy to achieve, and most never will.

This. If you GOMAD on a brosplit you'll be fat as fuck too.

Looking good user. Pretty much my goal body. Also, would fuck/10.

nope. He looks way better than a beginner on SS.
>with an athletic background of course.

It's a 300 page book but don't worry, retards on Veeky Forums will tell you it can be condensed down to a AB routine.

it's 80% about the diet you DYELs
you can't even squat 2plates so you make threads like this

>As many reps as possible.
Longer reps make it easier to get distracted and practice bad form
>You'll see your body just get fat.
You need more food for strength. You need even MORE food to get fat. SS will not make you fat. Eating more calories than your body is using makes you fat.
>Higher than normal chance of fucking up your joints
Have a deload week. Don't progress too fast. Do proper warmups.

The point of strength is to build a strength base and it works fantastically.

your first point is probably why stronglifts 5x5 is so popular

you get like two months of straight up practice before it starts becoming risky

Yeah, but your back is fucked up because you never learned how to brace your deadlifts, Jenny.

it is actually a very motivating program, you get way stronger super fast.

just work the big muscle groups, its not hard

Bro splits vs PPL for strength and aesthetic gains. Which is better for an advanced lifter?

base routine + extras (whatever you want) you fucking mongoloid. work on those brain gains, retard

The exercise is basically:
deadlift 5 x 5
Bent over rows 5 x 5
pullpups 5 x failure
bench press 5 x 5
overhead press 5 x 5
squats 5 x 5

those 6 exercises done over 2 days which are repeated twice a week I seem to remember.

PPL 6 times a week unless you are on steroids then bro split is best, since you get prolonged protein biosynthesis