Cardio

Need to build up my cardio from basically 0. Overweight, heart rate 96, just did lifting for the last years. Basically, train like a powerlifter, look like a powerlifter.

How to? 2x/week? 3x? Is it true that there is no replacement for running or can I just do, I dunno, Taebo or some shit?

Running is great, but it's not the only good cardio.
Swimming is probably the best overall, but rope jumps, barbell complexes, all are good, for different reasons. Even a cardio class at the gym would be good, if being social while trainng is important to you.
Anyway, cardio is boring. The important part is finding something that doesn't bore you, so you'll keep at it.

ease into it with jumprope, swimming, biking and so on

I like biking for my cardio. Depending on weather I either ride my bike to the park and get in some miles or do a stationary bike, if you bike on a stationary bike make sure to have a TV or something handy because it gets boring.

Find out your max heart rate, do steady state intensity cardio at 70% of your heart rate.

This should minimalise strength loses

I find it funny that people recommend jumping rope, that is incredibly difficult to do if you are not used to it and will slow down your progress immensely. There's a method where you sprint as quick as you can, as if your life depended on it, for a very short amount of time, then you slow down or stop and rest, then you do it again. I have been trying this and every time I try it I feel like I get really fucking close to a heart attack, but regardless, it's maybe a valid strategy, and you only need to do it for like 10 minutes instead of 50 minutes of regular jogging.

I like the idea of a stationary bike but it never increases my heart beat, and if I start increasing resistance or going faster my knees start hurting, and knees are something you really don't want to fuck up with in your life, there is no doctor that can heal knees.

did you never have PE? do Americans not use jumping rope in PE classes?

I never understand how jump rope is difficult, I bought a jump rope years ago when I was in middle-school because I was being bullied for being fat and I'm too insecure to run outside. I mean I get that it takes awhile to get the rhythm but one thing that was stopping me to jump longer back then was the lack of cardio to actually progress. Getting tired means I trip, now I get almost skip like Mayweather

I'm no docotor but I'd imagine it's hard to fuck up your knees on a hike. Start with a medium resistance and peddle at a decent rate. Your heart rate will raise eventually

If you're knees are hurting while on a spin bike you definitely don't want to be running. I probably wouldn't recommend it to begin with if you are really overweight. Cycling is meant to be the knee and other joint friendly cardio so I'm surprised your knees hurt at all tbqh.

Maybe try elliptical or I hear rowing machine is very good. I just prefer running because its easy and live near a nice running track.

Cycling gives me butthurt like nothing else, can barely sit after an hour if biking.

But I am completely fine when jogging or sprinting, it's stationary biking specifically that screws me up.
>I live near a nice running track
god that'd be the dream for me, I don't have any place like this nearby so I use the treadmill which sucks

What the fuck is that cancer above his belly button?

if i pop that bubble will you die

It would be very painful.
FOR THE MARKET.

Umbilival hernia. Usually, only black guys have it.

You could just do boxing intervals.
Work up to 12 'rounds' of 3 minutes each, with 1 minute in between. Starting with maybe 3/4 rounds of 2 minutes if you're weak like a girl.

>if you're weak like a girl.
i'm afraid I probably am, literally never ever did anything like cardio before.

You really can't sprint for 36 fucking minutes user. If you can then you are not going fast enough. You should be begging for death and suffocating before 10 minutes if you do it right.

You should do it steadily to avoid injury. Start by walking and increase the speed to a small amount that which will get you feeling hot for 1 minute or how long you can keep it. Keep doing this for a few weeks and you should see some progress. Used to barely keep up for a minute at speed of 12 kh/h and now can do it for 25 minutes 5 days a week.

>Anyway, cardio is boring
speak for yourself moron

Rollerblade, inline skate

Quads of truth

How come?

It's not supposed to be an 'all out' sprint, just like any running distance beyond maybe 50 meters isn't an all out sprint.
It's just a training technique, commonly used in boxing gyms. It's similar to a fight, in the timing and in how as soon as you get tired and give the rope an inch, you've fucked up and stumble, but ofc the effort isn't near as high.