Am i working out too hard?

Am i working out too hard?

I always want to sleep after a work out, about 1 hour after i just feel tired. A nap does help, i come back with the feeling gone.

But everything i read online tells me that exercise is meant to make you feel energized and great, but i just want to lay down.

It's not a bad feeling, it's a peaceful, relaxed and serene feeling, but fitting a 40 minute nap into my day is annoying, and im worried it isn't normal.

Either you don't eat/hydrate enough/ or it's an underlying medical condition.

I eat and drink enough and my health is fine.

Guess you're just tired then.

Well yeah, i just want to know if this is normal and im just worrying. If i do a weak workout, less weight and cardio, i don't feel so tired, but i like to push myself in the gym every time, plus i cycle there and back.

Try working out less for 1-2 week and see if it changes then come back.

I know it does, if i go light at the gym i don't feel so tired. But then i dont make gains.

>deloading for 1-2 weeks to let your body recover and go ham again when the rest period is over is considered not making gains
Give you 3-4 months top before you quit lifting overall

Check your diet then.

I've been lifting for 2 years.

It's alright.

Am i seriously the only person on this board who feels tired after working out then? I literally only made this thread to see if any one else feels the same.

i feel you bro. Not always, but it happens once in a while and I cant pinpoint why it happens some times and not others.

Sometimes Im just totally drained afterwards, especially on days i do a lot of volume like my push day

I feel tired after a workout.

I cant believe your such a brainlet that you think streanous exercise wont make you tired...

Adrenal fatigue, user

I know it seems logical but when you google it everything says exercise should make you feel energized, or ask here and people seem bewildered

That doesn't exist.

Eat an apple or another peice of fruit after your workout.

Holy fuck this is dangerous
How can they all collectively think this is a good idea?

I feel the exact same way after a good workout, always have. It's normal. A post workout nap is the most comfy shit in the world, but it's hard to fit in.
People who feel energized after a workout a dyels who just manage to get the blood flowing before leaving.

i feel the same, especially after days where i go heavy with big compounds like squats..

i backed off the intensity and stopped lifting to failure and it mostly stopped. now it's sorta energizing instead of draining my CNS

but 1) i am a noob lifter w just 4 months under my belt and 2) i have health conditions

Thank you, honestly im a bit of a hypochondriac so i start worrying when i feel dead after a good workout, so many people say "i feel guurreat"

You won't be energized right after a workout obviously. But on an average day you will be more energized than a person who doesn't work out.

it's muscle confusion brah it's good for your gains

LOW ENERGY

The real answer is that google is inherently normie, so by "workout" you know its some meme brosplit at best and cardio and yoga/crossfit at worst. Of course you will be tired if you're doing 50% to 100% more work in a session than the average planet fitness pizza connoseur.

anybody who is not tired after working out just does not train hard enough period