How do I bench without a spotted?

How do I bench without a spotted?
I don't want to die.

>That pic

LMAO. The best part is that 'bench' is entirely IPF legal. Powerlifting is a fucking joke LOL.

Have good form, and don't try to lift more that your 85% by yourself

Go a bit light on the weight, if you get into trouble just roll of shame

Just set your catches right below where your chest is GODDAMN

just >bench in the powerrack bro
it shows that you're a chad that doesnt give a shit about beta lifters who follow a "code"

Two options. You can bench without clips, which lets you shuck the weight off if you get stuck but makes a huge commotion and doesn’t prevent you from bashing your face in, or you can lift in the power rack, which is much safer but you also plug up a rack

or fail on lift off rather than extension and do the roll. Theres nothing wrong with the roll.

Except if you're lifting big and the roll crushes your ribs and organs.

No it's not lmao

Dumbells are superior for pec growth and you don't need a spotter.

Progress in reps from 4 - 8 or 8 -12 (depends on your program off course. Do this on the previous said 85%.

So start with 4,4,4,4 and build up to 5,4,4,4 and 5,5,4,4 and so on. You'll never grind or fail the lift. if you think you can make the rep, just leave the rep and progress next workout.

Can't make the rep

Literally make 1 friend.

kek

Pay attention to how your experience of benching is like.
Get to know what RPE of 7 to 10 feels like in terms of bar speed.
Now map that bar speed to how it actually feels to have 1 - 3 reps left in the tank.
With that, you should have the experience to put a workable weight on the bar.

>RPE
Can this meme die already

this guy is @strongeddie on instagram if anyone wonders

use the fucking safety bars
if you put them at the proper position then you should have full rom while lifting but you can get out easily if you deflate your chest after a failed rep

>Theres nothing wrong with the roll.

lel maybe not if you're benching fucking babby weight you fag...otherwise literally the only reason you should do the roll down because it's not GUARRANTEED to kill you unlike rolling it upwards to your neck

>put a workable weight on the bar

Don't lift heavy :^)

Don't be a fucking beta and just ask someone to spot you. Literally anyone will be more than happy to help you for your heavy set. But if you mean that you go to somewhere with no people like sometimes my apartment gym is empty, then use dumbells. They are better for pec growth anyway.

Imo bench is overrated. I do a micro split for my chest day of 2 days doing dumbell press + normal other workouts and then on the 3rd chest day I do some bench work just to keep it up

We’re trying to stay in the realm of possibility here, user.

>never even seen IPF rules
>talking shit

>glutes off bench
>IPF legal

fucking ask someone to spot you or drop down the weight. Or just don't be a retard and try to do a rep you know you cant do.

Tbh if the bar slips out or one of your joints explodes the spotter will do fuck all.
>source- tens of vids where people die under the bar despite three huge guys spotting

I just ask people for a hand on my last set. I haven't been turned down yet and people seem perfectly happy to help. If you really have trouble with talking to people just ask the gym staff, you literally pay their wage and they are used to being asked.

If home gym, learn the roll of shame.

Yes it is you faggots.
Eddie Berglund has benched more than that in IPF meets including worlds. Won gold medals and broke bench records in the IPF.

Fucking dyels baka I hope your mums die

>glutes off bench
>IPF approved

it’s like the bar is benching him

how is that going to help? can't the bar still crush my sternum that way? do I have to arch my back basically?

>bench press by myself
>decide to max out
>put on lmao2pl8
>Pick up bar, lower it
>too heavy
>realize I fucked up
>freak out
>realize I'm about to die
>life flashes before me
>realize I left backdoor open
>adrenaline burst lets me pick up the weight
>rack the weight and am left shaking
Shit is scary man

>do I have to arch my back basically?

Obviously, since that's how you're supposed to bench press to begin with you fucking moron.

nowhere have I read or heard anyone say it was mandatory

Doesn't his ass have to touch the bench?

This is pretty much how every woman benches

It's not """mandatory""" it's just proper form

Why is there this fucking meme on this site that people are droping dead from benchpressing. All you have to d is role it down your body. Even if you fail completely other people in the gym will help. Its the most retarded thing on this board desu.

Just do the roll of shame
I've rolled 265 and had no problems dipshit. Also theres a video of a guy rolling 340. Hurr durr bbe weight lulz fucking faggot kys.

It’s actually true that most deaths in the gym are because some prick dropped the barbell on himself during bench press. It happens even to the experienced athletes, I remember Bryce Lewis posting something about his dad not being able to talk anymore because he dropped like 400lbs on his throat.

>not madatory
Does your gym not have the gym police?
I see them clubbing some for improper form' and 'crimes against weightlifting' practically every day in mine

>All these dyels telling OP to do the roll of shame
If you can do the roll of shame, you're not lifting big enough. Real benchers will barf their organs out if they did the roll of shame because of the weight.