strongerbyscience.com/the-key-for-progress-recognizing-and-overcoming-laziness/
youtube.com/watch?v=RZiYpIlUZY0&ab_channel=ReactiveTrainingSystems
instagram.com/p/BeYd01_jFmZ/
youtu.be/1UC_DVq526M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone here from Paris?
Or has lifted in Paris?

Moving there for a while and need a gym

So a list of things that people on this board fail at? Maybe post a macro that says "sign up for an actual meet."

reminder that individuals dont stop looking like children until around 16-18

strongerbyscience.com/the-key-for-progress-recognizing-and-overcoming-laziness/

Reminder that most GEDs aren't trying hard enough.

Why can't I achieve Twink powerlifter mode?

You arent 5'4"

Are you not Asian?

It's funny because most of the small guys I see at meets are usually Asian.

>Why can't I achieve Twink powerlifter mode?
Why can't you achieve hamplanet marathoner mode?

Because they are conflicting goals.

considering there are 7 male twink weightclasses, this isnt really true

Yeah you've never been to a meet huh

hey did you know that powerlifting is GAY???

How do you guys deal with setbacks where you have to be away from the gym for 2 weeks or so? Lets say you have to be out of town and said town has no gym and you have to skip week 2 and 3 of your program (5/3/1 or The Bridge) do you comeback and continue with Week 2 or restart again?

better than being pedo

>Longtren66 on Instagram

You don't plan time away from the gym before a meet. If you don't compete it literally doesn't matter.

Thanks for the advice, but how about mesocycle programs like The Bridge, if I need to skip lets say Week 4 and 5, do I comeback returning to Week 4 again? Is it possible? What if I'm busy on a day that is suppose to be my work day and miss it, do I continue the next week again with the same week?

Sorry, new but aspiring to powerlift

Well honestly this is why online programs suck and you should get a real coach.

>get a real coach
Truth be told, I like in a shit country where practically everyone is skinny-fat and my 4pl8s dl is considered very impressive even though I'm still in LP. Its ending soon so I'm conflicted to whether do a weekly program like TM where I can be more fluid about it or The Bridge which one user in a few threads back was saying how good it was. So getting a coach (unless an online one) is not a choice I really have.

if you need to skip whole weeks, and you're not going to compete, you can do whatever you want, but it's probably best if doing "off season" training to just jump back in wherever you left off, i.e. restart week 4 in your example
in a competition cycle you'd need to restart wherever you should have been relative to the competition, and hope for the best
if it's just a day or two missed, jump back where you should be and forget the missed work
life hands you deloads occasionally

>implying wendler's ripoff is a real program worth doing

I hope you're not a Sean character.

I have no clue what this means.

Which country is that exactly

Thanks for the advice, I think I have an idea on how to program if I need to be away from the gym. Really learn something today.

thats what you get for doing meme programs instead of running your own shit

I nearing my end of my novice LP, I'm still new to the lifting game, nothing wrong with getting advises from you guys right.

Yeah don't worry about it they don't know what they're doing either

This i laugh hard at those dudes who say that 531 is bad while im making steady progress and they slip discs doing retarded shit

youtube.com/watch?v=RZiYpIlUZY0&ab_channel=ReactiveTrainingSystems

I'm gonna start TM soon but I'm kinda scared of burning out quickly. Is it a viable idea to take a rest week every 6-8 weeks?

I've started failing the last and second last sets of nuckols 3x int med bench on week 2 and 3 day 1. I'm still hitting 9s on m amrap days. Should I deload or adjust the those days I keep failing? Maybe lower the weight on just those sets?

lower W3D1 back off sets by 5%, pretty sure there's a typo in the spreadsheet (it should be the same W3D1 as the int high, minus the close grip bench)

I find that on days when I'm going to squat real heavy my legs get sore/full of lactic acid during my warm ups and it affects the rest of my life. What am I doing wrong?

Oh my fucking God nuckols. You're right. Thanks.

>93kg The Press™ @ 91 kg bw
vry najs :-DDD

Do the four-day split

solid, now for 100 soon

Do you change your warm ups in anticipation to squatting heavier?

>Yeah you've never been to a meet huh
Ive never been outlifted at a meet by a "man" under 198.

>What am I doing wrong?
See
>most GEDs aren't trying hard enough.

>soon
i fucking wish
i've been focusing on The Press™, and it took me 3 months to go from 88 to 93 (and that's including some sort of bastardized peaking)
oh and also i'm cutting

>5/3/1 is for after you can't make progress on TM you nitwit

Sure, but by that point 5/3/1 won't be the best program for you either. At that point, HLM is a better framework allowing for a lot more volume if you want some online template thing. Obviously a tailored program from a competent coach would be better than 5/3/1 if that's an option. God help me, even a competently appointed RPE based program would be better than 5/3/1 if RPE appeals to you.

5/3/1 is never an optimal program for any lifter with any goal at any level of advancement ever. Get over it.

>If you don't know what an AMRAP set is

I do know what an AMRAP is. gb2r*ddit and stay there until you learn to read English.

>Breaking, a program that is for general strength training rather than powerlifting is not good for advanced powerlifters.

It's not terribly good for "general strength training" either, you retard. There are loads better programs and templates for any trainee regardless of goals or advancement. If you want "general strength," a powerlifting style program, but without the autismal focus on bench press, would be for you, and 5/3/1 would still be shit. If you want general athleticism (read: strength with the ability to run around for a half hour or the like), you're going to want a program with a fair load of volume that keeps high intensity workouts to the absolute bare minimum necessary in order to facilitate all the cardio/conditioning you'll be doing, and 5/3/1 would be absolutely wretched for that.

This is why Wendler and his nutswingers have to catastrophically redesign the fucking thing for everyone, because any normal 5/3/1 set up is garbage for everyone. Which is why, like I said way back at the beginning, 5/3/1 is a marketing meme used to brand whatever the fuck Wendler happens to be shilling that afternoon.

Texas Method good for me?
78kg bw
105 Bench
150 Squat
180 DL

Just how obese are you?

try eating food

eat more and SS

so you were outlifted by a man weighing 199?

What a fucking dumb picture
What a bunch of superficial shit goals
Fuck this thread

>5/3/1 is never an optimal program for any lifter with any goal at any level of advancement ever. Get over it.
That's a bold statement for someone with a 3plate bench.

I compete 198-220 depending on time of year.

coping virgin gde detected

t. sub 300 wilks

i sneezed so hard my sternum hurts

i think my TVA has become too strong, goddam squats and deadlifts

>legs get sore/full of lactic acid during my warm ups
holy fuck you're fucking braindead, soreness has nothing to do with lactic acid.

>If you want general athleticism (read: strength with the ability to run around for a half hour or the like), you're going to want a program with a fair load of volume that keeps high intensity workouts to the absolute bare minimum necessary in order to facilitate all the cardio/conditioning you'll be doing

Like what

Nigga can you not program your own routine or something. Just focus on volume and have high intensity every other week or so.

I want to die

No, not really. Sometimes if my legs are too tight, I'll stretch more but my warm up weight and reps stay the same. Tried uploading a webm of my skwat but 3mb limit.

Youtube then link like a normal person, or just make the webm small enough..

Has anyone on /plg/ tried fasting for quick fat loss? I'm talking at least 2-3 days with just water. If so, was it harder on your lifts than regular slow cutting?

>Lifting on a 2-3 day fast
I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to try that.

probably

instagram.com/p/BeYd01_jFmZ/

Obviously you're not gonna lift hard, since that's already pretty hard on your body. You could do some light pump stuff or just walking I guess.

Post the 4day split please

I wouldn't be surprised.

nice half reps

holy shit ur skinny

For theory's sake, let's assume you're a FOLP intermediate wanting to train for general athleticism, AND aren't "in season" for some sport or other, but do have a season coming up within 8 weeks.

Something like:
-Week 1
--Monday:
Squat 5x8 70%
Bench 5x8 70%
Deadlift 5x3 75%

--Tuesday
Conditioning. This you're going to have to figure out to yourself to some extent based on what you're capable of and what you want to be capable of (conditioning for soccer is going to differ from conditioning for American football), but it shouldn't leave you cripplingly exhausted

--Wednesday
Speed Squats 3x5 50% srs
Standing press: 3x8 70% (or @8+ if you wanna RPE)
Power Cleans 5x3 at whatever weight you can genuinely POWER clean for that
Chin ups (3x10, 4x8, whatever, hopefully you aren't too fat for at least 3x5)

--Thursday
More conditioning. If you did a bunch of sprints or light but fast sled pushes on Tuesday, maybe run a mile for 2-4 "sets." Once again, figure it out.

--Friday
Paused Squats 5x3 80%
Close Grip Bench: 4x8 66% (in the likely event you don't have a good max for this assistance exercise, RPE 8ish)
Deadlifts 5x3 75%
Curls 4x10
Roman Chair Sit Ups 3x10

Rest on the weekend. Maybe a REALLY light jog for a mile on Saturday or some shit.

-Week 2:
--Monday
Squats 5x5 80%
Bench 5x5 80%
Barbell Rows 5x8
Dips: 5x8-10 as you can handle

--Tuesday
More conditioning

--Wednesday
Speed Squats 5x3 60%
Push Press 5x5 80%
Power Cleans 3x3
Chin Ups

Thursday:
Conditioning

--Friday
Squats: 5x3 90%
Bench: 5x3 90%
Deadlift 3x2 90% (feel free to drop all of these 90s to 85% if Thursday conditioning requires that for you to get it done)
Curls 3x8

Alternate these weeks. Maybe after 2-3 cycles of it, use a Friday to test new maxes. Do not do this shit DURING a rugby season, trust me.

Missed last thread so if already answered then apologies, but has anyone got info on rippetoe programming for the deadlift using haltings, rack pulls and power shrugs?

This also being a general suggestion off the top of my head. One can whip up their own program based on when and for how long they want to work out, but for the stated goal, it's going to require a focus on squats, bench press (a "standard" bench press with a stable but not excessive arch, and a normal fucking grip, not a turbo manlet pretzel arch snatch grip bench press), overhead presses, deadlifts, and power cleans (or snatches if you prefer for speed or if you have absurdly long forearms that make front racks unpleasant). With the slow lifts done in the range of 60-80% of max for the most part, occasionally creeping up to 90% every couple of weeks or so.

Also, I generally like to do multiple lifts in one day, rather than one lift per day. This will free up some days for exclusively conditioning, and your ass should be used to using your entire body on the reg, since you're going to be doing sports and stuff.

>using haltings, rack pulls and power shrugs?
why would you

also
>listening to rippetoe on deadlifts

I've done it before. As long as you're not trying to break a PR then it's fine. In fact, if you lift on the third day of your fast then you get an HGH boost that leaks into your next meal for more gains. If you don't lift while fasting then you lose more muscle.

How much weight did you lose? How much muscle and strength? How long did it last? Post lifts at the time please.

Yeah and I'm trying to lose more weight kek.

I lose over 5 pounds when I do three day fasts, but a lot of it is water/food weight. I think I lost around two lb of body mass. This was a while ago so I don't remember my lifts, but I they went up anyways the next week. I was only lifting for 6 months at that time tho, so newb gains were still coming in. If you want to learn more, the /fast/ general has links to studies.

I feel like no one lifts in /fast/. That's why I asked here.

What makes you think people lift here?

>For theory's sake, let's assume you're a FOLP intermediate wanting to train for general athleticism, AND aren't "in season"
You might have played rugby, but that is not an athletes program.

Where are:
>jumps
>plyos
>agility drills
>hill sprints
>unilateral work

Your program would be lacking, even for a football player. There would be a lot of slow, sore, under-recovered athletes.

Not that I would implement the practice, just wanted to know the ins and outs of his reasoning around the programming

youtu.be/1UC_DVq526M

Post liftin music

But Jim poster, what do you think is being done on those conditioning days?

I dont think he thinks at all tbf

>what do you think is being done on those conditioning days?
The Plyometrics, throws, and jumps are all intense activities if you are doing them correctly to improve athleticism.

The weightlifting workload he has detailed is way too high. You can take an entire day out and replace it with light unilateral work and some of the plyometric and throws work.

The days in between would be reserved for aerobic conditioning

Guys, how the fuck do I maintain stable and tight position?

I think my set up is on point (big belly breath, squeeze glutes etc) but literally even a slightest blow of wind and I loose all the tension. How to maintain that when bending to pick up the bar or to squat?

Have you ever been on a high school or college Varsity level sports team? I have never seen a program of any type use the weight lifting program that fig Jam suggested.

>Throws

If you want to practice your hammer throwing, practice your hammer throwing. Anyone throwing stuff in the gym for general physical training is a retard.

This was specifically mentioned to be an offseason program, specifically included speed squats, and specifically included power cleans, and I specifically mentioned sprints.

>Plyometrics

Power cleans are going to accomplish whatever plyometrics accomplish, only better.

Ive been doing cardio 1x a week so I don't have a heart attack

Being heavy is not really that fun

>3 day old chilli
ow mine bum

>the increased risk of heart attack isn't his primary motivation for being heavy in the first place
ayy

I woke up with chest pains the other night and thought I was having a heart attack. shit was scary. I want to get to 110kg tho, so I guess theres nothing I can do :^)

High school coaches are generally part time retards and I guarantee you that whatever I whipped up out of nowhere is better for 9/10 of their athletes than whatever shitshow 9 out of 10 of them are having their athletes do.

Upper level college trainers working face to face with individual athletes are PROBABLY going to come up with something better than this general recommendation for their athletes, particularly in sports that colleges actually care about (like football). I was friends with a lot of the golfers at my college, and their workouts were fucking idiotic. Babbyweight deadlifts for time and lots of jogging around campus and similar stupid shit. Small wonder none of them ever gained a lot of distance.

The point is not that the above outlined program is perfect, it's that it's better than 5/3/1. Which it is, because 5/3/1 is shit. Which was the point all along.

What the FUCK

>Power cleans are going to accomplish whatever plyometrics accomplish, only better.
You would be hard-pressed to find a single coach who agrees with you.

Your suggested training program would be much better suited for an offseason powerlifter than someone looking for general athleticism.

What is your vertical jump? Has your fat ass ever even left the ground?

lol if i die its gonna be on my own terms, not walking up the stairs

That's scary man. I would always be the guy to say fuck cardio and all that, but make sure youre healthy to be gaining the weight.

I'm ~140kg now and I legit get out of breath talking, I wish i took this more seriously

>I was friends with a lot of the golfers at my college, and their workouts were fucking idiotic. Babbyweight deadlifts for time and lots of jogging around campus and similar stupid shit. Small wonder none of them ever gained a lot of distance.
That actually doesn't sound as retarded as you're trying to make it out to be. The lightweight deadlifts are to strengthen the spinal Erectors and protect the back , which is a weak point for golfers. They were jogging to improve their work capacity and conditioning, because golf involves a hell of a lot of time on the course.

Lastly, the distance of your drive is dependent on your swing speed, which has little to nothing to do with heavy resistance training. If anything, the reduction of flexibility would severely hamper the average golfer's swing.

Stick to squatting and shilling Texas Method, because you are full of shit about most everything else.

>140kg
wew lad. Ive been getting gassed walking around lately too. I signed up for a half marathon in the summer with my runner friend. hopefully something to train for will help me be consistent with cardio

Good luck man, I think I would die trying a half marathon lol.

Lucky my brother trains at my gym now so he makes me stay consistent with it.

I want to die just not enough to actively kill myself.

Anyway, I'm up to 100kg now and I feel the difference since last time I was 100kg. This time my cardio is great, but last time I was getting winded for nothing, feels good. Only difference is more movement in daily life.

You going to start cardio though?