How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy working out...

How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy working out? How do I stop being like the millions of people who go to the gym like once or twice and stop going? What motivates you guys? I know that working out's good for me, I just don't enjoy it.

goals and seeing results are usually what keeps me going

You don't. You clearly won't make it and are wasting valuable resources and impeding someone else. Go rot.

Either you WANT IT or you DON'T
Now fuck off

You will enjoy it once you start to see the difference it makes.

I'm obsessed with the idea of progressing and bettering myself. I like to be better than other people, and this comes in the form of my intellect, my career, my physical appearance..etc. Going to the gym is just something I HAVE TO DO. There's no other way around it. I lift weights, run, and train MMA because I want to be a sick cunt on top of being smart and wealthy.

You have to realize that some activities- the gym, running, eating vegetables, flossing your teeth, responsibly investing as much money as you can, etc. aren't glamorous, aren't usually "fun," aren't exciting, but are still paramount if you want to live up to your full potential. And once you're partway down these paths, you'll realize why it's important to try to strive for that potential. People who aren't in the process won't understand, and they'll never know the taste of true success.

Preworkout
Also music
Also browsing Veeky Forums in your off time

I just like how the muscle soreness feels. It's the same as with eating healthy, I "connect" with my body is how I'd best describe it.

there's tons of sources of motivation: looking good, feeling better, knowing that if you don't start working out you'll slowly decay and suffer. The best time to start is when you're young and once you're used to it it gets easier and easier

>not enjoying the soreness from lifting a mountain pf plates
>not thinking of the progress youre making and feeling your chest fill with pride
>not trying to match the tempo of the music when lifting something
>not feeling every single muscle contract and instantaneously orgasming
>not miring other gymbros and whispering "no homo" under your breath

ok buddy.

I look in the mirror, then I think to myself “my wife and kids deserve better than this.”

Made for BBC

/thread

started fitness with C25K expecting absolutely fucking nothing but I got through it, and was hit with the realization that I'm an able bodied human being and not a psychologically and physiologically defective piece of trash as I believed for the previous 10 years.

then after that I decided to stop jogging and start lifting instead and got into the whole SS inspired mindset of doing compound movements with the barbell.

what I initially thought to be a chore turned out to be a complex discipline with a ton of minute details to learn and perfect and a very clear and quantifiable way to measure progress. it's also not nearly as brutal as I thought it would be, although I'm still in the noob gain phase so maybe I'll have a rude awakening soon.

of course wanting to be physically attractive and a role model to your kids are such foreign concepts for /pol/ that they have to equate it with taking a large black penis in the ass

You have to live it.

You either see working out as the best thing you do all week or you see it as a chore. If the latter is your case, your'e fucked.

You have to want to reach a goal. You have to be unafraid to work hard enough to release endorphins. You have understand that no one starts going to the gym because they are already in shape. You have to go on the days it sounds terrible. You have to stop being such a fucking faggot

It's simple: Find a sport you like. Find a routine you like. You don't have to do SS and squats all day if you hate it - you can always mix those in later on (if you want).

For example, I found out I actually enjoy aerobic shit like Taebo or Zumba. Dunno, it's fun. Others like Yoga, some like heavy lifting. And still other only find running fun, or playing team sports.

Anyway, your sport then basically programs your weights routine. And after a while, you'll really start enjoying lifting.

Mate I've been out the gym for two years with a fucking "glandular fever", only to find out today that there are no traces of it in my blood meaning I never had it, and the doctor's response to this situation is "oh, well you should be healing now,"

The gym is the greatest place on Earth, stop being a bitch and learn to appreciate it, I'd be going every day if I could.

I run a dnd campaign for my friends and my workout sessions are where I brainstorm their next adventure. Makes the workout twice as fun and productive for me.

Work towards a goal you actually want. Train in a way you enjoy. DON'T let online SS fatties dictate your attitude towards fitness.

Instead of sitting in my room masturbating and brooding when something pisses me off, I go to the gym and lift shift and play raquetball for fun.