Anyone on Veeky Forums into business/finances...

Anyone on Veeky Forums into business/finances? Would ask on Veeky Forums but fuck that place is just a cesspool of crypto masturbation. Anyways, looking for good investment books / finances books. Sort of the Starting Strength for personal finances. Perhaps something that gives good advice on investments etc.

Hell if not a book just general through on investments and personal finances.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/investing/comments/61amk7/crowdsourcing_the_sidebar_update_part_1_suggested/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything by Dale Carnegie is good

The intelligent investor is a good starter book

Random Walk Down Wall Street

Damn solid start guys. Thanks for the books. Keep it coming. What have you guys personally read and felt helped you succeed in profits.

I know it's reddit but here's a decent list.

reddit.com/r/investing/comments/61amk7/crowdsourcing_the_sidebar_update_part_1_suggested/

sometimes reddit has quality shit.....sometimes.

Since the Intelligent Investor has already been recommended I'd go with:

Dhandho Investor
The education of a value investor

Bogleheads.org
Great resources; great message boards

nice nice

So you want like, Starting Stocks? I'd buy that.

yea same as fuck

do some research into Martin Shkreli, his fans tend to be autists but he's a genius and if you know how to separate what he did right from what he did wrong there is a lot to learn there. Listen to his podcasts too.

The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by Bogle is my usual recommendation. Going this route will likely get you better results than average investors with far less effort.

tl;dr - buy low cost index index funds that track a large index. the book details the "why" pretty thoroughly.

Beyond investing basics, older Mr. Money Mustache blog posts are pretty good resources for various financial/lifestyle topics. Probably more than a book's worth of content on that blog. tl;dr - don't spend like a retard, make better than median income, save at least half, and retire in your 30s.

The Simple Path to Wealth (I think?) and the blog by J-something Collins is also pretty good. If you Google "stock series" it's probably a top result.

Buy Vanguard ETFs and track the market. You're never going to outperform it in the long term so just park 90% of your investment funds into VTI and maybe the rest in a fund tracking a bond index

>Martin Shkreli
Isn't that niggah in jail?

This.

85% in vanguard funds 15% in ethereum.

I’m 20 and have started 2 promising small scale landscaping businesses, neither of which were ever LLC’d and one I had dissolved but, if one thing that drug dealing taught me
>it’s all about the re up and the profit, dat law
If you have a skill and a business model take the initiative and invest in it, it can’t hurt to try. I can build a fence in 2 days with a helper and make 3000, all it takes is some quick advertising and knowing the line of work

*so long as central banks keep buying

Eventually everyone will be left holding the bag again like in 2008.

don't remind me

Second this.
and this
and this

Always keep a cash "oh shit" fund of about 3 months of living expenses in savings at all times as well though. Buying into an entire market like these guys mentioned is best, don't try to speculate. ETFs, Managed Mutual Funds, and Index Funds (all shades of the same thing) are all great. Hire a CPA. I'm an accountant and I hire a fucking CPA. They save you money.

Buy bitcoin

gotta read big to get big

Paying an accountant is worthless if your tax situation is simple.

But yes keep most of your money in index funds, but dont be a cuck who's too scared to play with

My tax situation is very not simple though, and most people have no idea how to do a simple return, let alone fuck with crypto/cap gains/deductions correctly.

>this year I opened a 529 account for myself for going to graduate school while working full-time, but I should be able to use it for mortgage payments + food + utilities no problem, while also getting reimbursed for tuition from work

Tax laws are retarded, I'm shoveling half of my paycheck in and out of this account every month so I can get some marginal tax-free gains.

Yes, they are insanely retarded. Accounting is a self-feeding bureaucratic clusterfuck.

Take the lifetime learning credit when you file next year and track your write-offs. With a mortgage and school expenses there is a possibility you will exceed your standard deduction if you go turbojew about it.

Gains for the bank!? who fucking knew.