6 months in! my fitness journey~

hi :)

so here's me, at the 6 month mark. i've gained a TON of weight, most of it being fat lol. and while i'm enjoying lifting and hitting new PRs and whatever, i really don't know if i'm headed in the right direction as far as my body goes. i've been hoping to wake up one day to discover that i actually have legs, or an ass... but still not so much lol.

were my expectations too high? am i doing something wrong? lately i've basically been eating at a surplus, trying to build muscle sorta. sometimes i decide i want to lose fat though, as i do feel super fat. but that never lasts long because i'm so hungry all the goddamn time. starting feb 1. though i'm doing another whole30 with a friend, so that should reign in the diet some.

anyway am i doing this right? i'll post all the recent pics. they've been posted before but whatever. i could use the advice. routine in next post...

Other urls found in this thread:

yegfitness.ca/muscle-groups-workout-together/
exercise.com/blog/what-are-the-major-muscle-groups-for-weight-training/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post your workout and pics.
I want to see what you're working with.

>tounge stuck
>iphone
>can't see arms, back or legs
Good heavens you're a giant faggot.
Post a meaningful pic and your workout/lifts and maybe you'll get some actual advice.

Refrain from looking at the mirror. Progress comes slowly, and the only way to have that "oh fuck" moment is if you don't look at yourself for a while.

So when do we start discussing bread?
Cause I tell you folks, I think that 50/50 stuff is the true path of enlightenment.

You don’t have nice legs or ass because you’re a man and don’t have female fat distribution. Sorry dude, dressing like a girl doesn’t turn you into one and it doesn’t make you not gay.

50/50? do you even /fiber/?

sure. here's what i'm currently doing... it's changed some over the months, but has always been based around hip thrusts, squats, and deadlifts:

A (Friday)
1x20 Bodyweight single-leg hip thrust
1x8-12 Barbell hip thrust
1x5+ Barbell hip thrust
1x5+ Deadlift
5x5 Barbell squat
3x5 Bench press
1x20 Glute accessory (with band)
1x10 Landmines

B (Sunday)
1x5+ Barbell hip thrust
5x5 Barbell squat
3x5 Military press
3x12 Romanian deadlift
1x10 Stomach vacuums

C (Tuesday)
1x5+ Barbell hip thrust
5x5 Barbell squat
3x12 Romanian deadlift

arms i don't really care about at all but here's this one i guess?

also me being super fat lol

probably good advice

omg what kinda masochistic loser eats bread :P

yeah i'm at a disadvantage for sure. but that doesn't mean i can't make it, right???

close your mouth or im gonna punch your teeth in little roastie

fake

fuck off op

please tell me you're male

It's a trap

jesus christ my diiiiikkkkkkkk

Unless you have a cock no one's interested

i'm trying to do a serious thread here guys. figure out my routine and whatever. maybe diet? idk. i'm thinking i'll try to fast for a few days before whole30 starts

okay well.

i'll check back here every so often while doing hw.

patiently awaiting serious and helpful posts by nice and knowledgeable people!

Can you do this same picture but not in that shitty lighting?
Also is that cum splatters on the bottom of the mirror?

>tattoo
binned

TRIPS OF TRUTH

LET BE KNOWN THAT THIS BOARD IS GAY AS FUCK

I just ejaculated into my hand.

That's... That's what you wanted to hear, right? How does that make you feel?

>meme exercises every day

>single set workouts

Lol op you just wasted 6 months

What does your vagina smell like?

why would there be cum on the mirror. that's just the sun idk :/

i can take more pics tomorrow i guess if none of these are good

don't start that shit again. what is it with Veeky Forums guys hating on tattoos?? :(

let's keep things fitness related okay

barbell work is meme exercises now?

what why

don't be weird please

this is bait

You've gotten much better at passing. Good job. Do the stomach vacuums every day for a more curvy shape, and do some glute medius work like Bret Contreras suggests.

I'll kindly ask you plebs to go Ezekiel bread or go home. Nothing better after a workout than a couple slices with peanut butter and banana.
>inb4 soy

>tattoo

not a wife

tattoos look retarded and retards invariably have tattoos.. you're an idiot just get fat it doesn't matter anymore

I want to grab your love handles and call you fatty

Your first picture was good but these bathroom pictures suck.

If tattoo is sun of nilfgaard I'm diggin that

>naming your bread after a bible verse
>saying your bread is healthy because it is 'whole grain'

>those hips
Sorry you will never be a qt trap, hiplet.
Pic related is what a female looks like.

please don't call it a fitness journey you stupid shit

Pls what would a whiff of it smell like?

Those toes

Peep these macros. It's bread for people who want a little help hitting protein numbers. Perfect for vegans and omnis alike.

you almost got quads

do more crunches and run more. other than that, good job keep it up!

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn’ huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

I would suggest you refrain from eating a “surplus” of food- you need to eat the right stuff, not necessarily a lot of it. Eating more of your calories in protein should help you build muscle and stay full longer

I would help you but you are probably not in LONDON and seem to have half assed your routine so why would I bother?

I want to help, but why should I?

Instead of basically doing the same thing every day, cycle through different muscle groups throughout the week

What your lifts like?

lol okay :P

is not.

women come in all different shapes and sizes!

it is a journey though

no

is ab work really necessary? i've been doing the landmines and vacuums but really really dislike crunches and the like.

also, how much cardio is the right amount of cardio? is doing stairs machines at gym as good as running?

oh, thanks. i'm actually feeling very fat and weak. thought by now i'd have bigger legs for sure... and i've been packing the fat on as my lifts have gone up :/

but thank you! lol

i'm thinking i'll try fasting seriously? starting tomorrow, after my deadlift PR attempt.

how have i half-assed my routine? obviously you don't HAVE to help, but it is a nice thing to do!

why? what would this look like exactly, as a routine?

deadlift pr: 190lbs
squat pr: 115lbs
hip thrust pr: 270lbs

kys you mentally ill faggot

I just came on my laptop screen

how is this bait?

thanks! i've been trying super hard lol. stomach vacuums are actually my favorite ab exercise so i can do them more for sure. which movements work the medius glutes??

i'll be the best wife ever! i cook healthy foods and do exercise :)

mean!

weird!

why would i kill myself. i'm actually pretty happy. doing comparable well in life :P

i think i'm more fit than i've ever been which is crazy. still a lot of work to do though!

we're all gonna make it :)

SERIOUS FITNESS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION OF THINGS LIKE BETTERING MY ROUTINE AND DIET AND STUFF LIKE THAT

thats a man baby!

>serious fitness thread
>on Veeky Forums

god I wish that was me

I've never seen a non trap type like this

what do you mean? is there anything i can help you with? do you do hrt

like what?

just one more pic OP
pls

You said you’re going to try fasting, have you ever fasted before?

xx or xy?

This exact thread was posted last week. Fuck off.

with more lewd pics too

just how starved for attention do you have to be to show your pube stubble off to virgins on a peruvian hat crocheting board?

okay :)

here's me in my weird pants that make my weird fat look weird.

yeah i did like 30ish hours? but then i couldn't lift for shit and stopped my fast because it kinda scared me. like whenever i have to deload it feels like it takes MONTHS to get back to where i was previously. if i'm working back up to what USED to be baseline, it doesn't really feel like progress. you know?

but i guess if i want the fat gone, concessions have to be made....

yeah! obsessing about fitness is my favorite thing ever :)

but the other thread was like a "should i cut/bulk???" thread and this one is more like a general, "is this where i should be 6 months in? what advice do you legends of the internet have for me??"

if that makes sense. like now i'm asking about how legit my routine is, and wondering if i'm making progress in line with the work i'm putting in. is there a more efficient way to meet my goals? am i doing anything wrong? what can i do better??

yeah my best friend is a cat so...

Where can I find a gf like this Veeky Forums?

Focusing on one muscle group per day allows your muscles to rest between days so you can hit each workout just as hard every time without exhausting yourself. Here’s a couple of links that go into more detail with examples:
yegfitness.ca/muscle-groups-workout-together/
exercise.com/blog/what-are-the-major-muscle-groups-for-weight-training/

can we be friends

you should get on test, your lifts will skyrocket

If fasting for 30 hours is difficult for you, it might be better to have a sustainable diet instead. When you gain muscle you burn fat so I wouldn’t worry about it too much, you’re looking fine

look around in like hipster bookstores imo :/

thanks so much! i gotta finish up some hw but will check this out after for sure :)

it's nice to have friends!

okay bye guys. wollstonecraft won't read herself...

post tits before you go

Jesus Christ it's like I'm on Facebook. This post can't be real. If it is, kill yourself

Damn. Post more pics like that and you’ll get serious replies. So here goes. Muscle building takes years. Might be time for you to cut. Then bulk cycle afterwards. It takes a few of these year or 6month cycles. Train for hyperteophy and increase volume every few weeks by a little. After you get to rediculous volume, reduce volume and train for strength. Repeat adnauseum. Also post more pics bby

Didn't this >girl post here last week?

Chubby with no womanly defining features and really fucking annoying posting style.
Why do you fags even give this shit attention? No ass, no hips, no boobs, spare tire.

Only replying since you actually seem to be real. Up your volume, up your intensity, reduce your exercises.

A:
Bench Press: 3x5
Deadlift: 1x5
Squat: 3x5 (or if you're really having trouble adding weight)
Dumbbell Lunges: 3x8-12 or Leg Extension: 3x8-12
Glute Accessory: 3x8-12 (optional if you did lunges)
Romanian Deadlift: 3x8-12
Abs

B:
OHP: 3x5
Abs

C:
Bench Press: 3x5
Abs

Basically SS with leg accessories. If your only goal is to get a fatter ass or something and you don't really care about strength, you can drop deadlifts and bench press entirely for some other quad and glute exercise. Drop that meme shit you're doing, pick a couple of compounds and rep the fuck out of them.

nice muffin top fat fuck

how many dicks have you hip thrusted?

your routine is okay but please add more volume and focus on the next exercises:

hip thrust
deadlifts
squats
dips/push ups (quit doing bench presses)
some bicep and shoulder work i

dont do band shits and accesory work

stick with them and if one week you have done 8-12 reps the next week focus on higher reps

and so, always work in ranges between 6-12 12-20 20-30 30-50 and so

every amount of time changue your rep rangue so you give your body a shock but keep working on linear progression

anyways some guys already gave you good advices

but workout in every rep rangue you can this is very important

add sprints to your routine as well

when did Veeky Forums become such a mountain of faggots?

this isn't a female. this is a mentally ill dude.

REEEEEEEEEEE STOP GIVING HER ATTENTION ITS NOT EVEN A REAL GIRL REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EXCUSE ME?

>this isn't a female. this is a mentally ill dude.
that's what makes it hot

>which movements work the medius glutes
Like I said, read what Bret Contreras says. He's literally the glute guy. You'll learn way more by actually reading his stuff than by listening to anons

>fitness journey

Fuck off thot.

i'm actually needing to lose quite a bit of fat. it's really bothering me. i've gained like 10-15lbs since starting this... and there's no way that's all muscle. i know i can look better.

can you (or someone- anyone) define "volume" in this context?

i have a small frame, and this makes any amount of fat really stick out on my figure. kinda sucks, but is also kinda great. i know i have fat to lose... thanks for being honest i guess?

appreciate the advice!

it looks like all you did was remove my hip thrusts, and add in more abs work though? why is this? barbell hip thrusts are my favorite exercises, and they're supposed to increase my butt.

i am considering dropping bench and OHP entirely, but first i want to get lean and see how my upper body looks then. if it doesn't look too big i'll keep doing them. thinking most of the problem with my massive upper body is fat lol :P

idk a few

sets of 50 reps?

fuck. that.

fuck that so hard. and i can't really do pushups. they hurt my shoulders for some reason. why are dips and push ups better?

sprints is probably good advice. i've been meaning to do more (read: SOME) cardio.

thank you!

rogue toothpaste spit! i think. idk.

yeah i have his book. my routine is based on his template. unless its in the fine print somewhere he doesn't seem to differentiate the movements. template is:

Glute dominant exercise
Pull
Quad dominant
Press
Hip dominant, straight-leg hip dominant, or hamstring dominant
Glute accessory
Linear core
Lateral core

i removed pulls entirely to save time, reduced press to twice a week, and cut abs stuff in half because it didn't seem to do anything and i hate crunches and things.

but yeah he doesn't say, "these work the medial glutes," the exercises are all just lumped together as "glute dominant", or "glute accessory".

also do you really eat bread :O

no I'm a hairy 200lb refrigerator who will never have a body like that

ohhh.

a girl?

>that belly

don't taunt me

i'm not meaning to taunt you i'm genuinely curious about you.

what's goin' on??

no I'm a heavyset dude with questionable mental health and a deepseated desire to be a cute girl. HRT seems like it would be ineffective so I live out my life reading doujins and lifting my feels away

>no womanly defining features
>Why do you fags
>its 4chinz
you'll get it eventually pal

>200lb refrigerator
thats not refrigerator unless you're like 5'6"

giv cute tummy

not going to lie, i'm only here too look at OPs pictures. in saying that, what is you actual goal OP? is it just an ass? a heavier frame? you sound like your rather confused at what you want from yourself.

oh i see.

hang in there. life is painful and full of suffering regardless of who you are. are you actually trans, or are your feelings a result of the mental health stuff?

idk if you want to talk and i always say the exact wrong things, but i'm here if you wanna chat or w/e

i want a butt, and bigger legs. i also want to be very lean...

thin waist, big butt. the goals seem conflicting though, which is where a lot of my confusion comes in.

5mg/day anavar

3x8-12 per lift, not 1x15 and then 1x5. Also, start with the movements that involve movement from the most joints, ie. Squat, Diddly. Then move to isolation if you even need that as a beginner.. (ie. Hip thrusts, ham curls.)
You seriously need to fix your program.

do you have PCOS or something
normal grills would be there by now

uh no thank you. wouldn't that make me manly?

are you talking about the hip thrusts? the bodyweight ones are really the glute activation warmup part. then the 8-12 is lighter than the 5+. when i do 8 in the heavy set that becomes my new 8-12.

hip thrusts are compound movements btw

definitely don't have pcos. what would a normal girl look like after 6 months? bigger? leaner?

>98 posts in
>no tits or gtfo post
The state of this board. It being a titlet is no excuse.