I'm a novice lifter but I'm wondering if the following is normal. I can bench more than 2...

I'm a novice lifter but I'm wondering if the following is normal. I can bench more than 2.5x than I can squat (ass2grass squats). When I see other novice lifters around me, they squat much more than they bench.

Jesus christ what are you stats then?

lolwut

post pic

I reset back to squatting the bar for the second time this week. Once I get to around 1 pl8 my adductors start hurting so much that I can't reach depth.

My bench is at 1.5 pl8 at the moment

sounds like a hip flexibility, or maybe just a learned technique thing. it's not that you *cant* squat much more than you bench, you just havent gotten to the point where you can do it yet.

its like learning to ride a bike at first; its not that you dont have the ability to, you just lack the coordination to do it.

stop stealing my pics

but shes so amazing though....

Fwiw I'm right there with you. 2pl8 bench, 1pl8 Squat.

That's retarded

>its like learning to ride a bike at first; its not that you dont have the ability to, you just lack the coordination to do it.
it is exactly that you don't have the ability to, you must learn the ability

This actually makes no sense

some people are just born with the upper body strength of an ox.
as a child i would climb using nothing but my arms

>novice lifter

What's your bench, what's your squat? How long have you been lifting? Because I started the same way, but my bench plateaued and my squat just kept fucking going.

@pyoapple

i meant more that you muscles have everything it takes to be able to ride the bike, you just don't know how to coordinate them in order to perform the task properly.

Or you have the legs of a cripple, two plate bench isn't impressive and a 1pl squat is just laughable

this
1pl squat is beginner tier, 2pl bench isn't bad at all depending on your weight

>no dick, no go
Sorry, I took the trap-pill long ago.

2pl8 for a novice in bench is crazy, but 1 pl8 is below an utrained person's ability to squat. what have you been doing with your legs all your life.

is lmao1pl8 squat 1 rep or 3x10 or whatever

But it's a dude?