Military Veeky Forums

Anyone here in the military/ a veteran/ considering joining? How do you lift with the strenuous demands of the military? How has it affected your fitness?

>willingly becoming a slave and risking death for a bunch of rich anti-American jews
Lmao

Why post if you're not gonna add anything?

>risking death

Literally only like 7000 people have died in the last 15 years, out of like 5 million people who served since then.

I went to one of the top 5 biggest schools in the nation and everyday in the gym there you would see ex-military come in that were completely crippled

The death rate may not be that high but Jesus those that survive are fucked

>servicing the ZOG
Shiggy diggy

Again, we’re not at war and there isn’t a real chance of a war breaking out soon. Especially if you go Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or Army/Marine POG jobs, which right there is like 95% of military job overall.

Air force here. Free gym with great equipment, it's pretty great

The only people in the military who don’t have time/money to lift in the military (gyms are free) are a very rare exception where you work almost 24/7 away from base (was at a unit like this, lost a lot of weight)

Anyone else is a lazy lying sack of shit

Marine fag here. I'm always tired as fuck. Usually don't get 6 hours of sleep, let alone 8. Started lifting when I joined though so I guess it has affected my fitness positively? Ask away dawg.

>he thinks every military job is a combat role

>we’re not at war
then why did these ex marines come in with arms and legs amputated bro?

Air Force here.

Gyms are awesome, well stocked, and there's a strong lifting culture despite the whole "chair force" meme.

The only thing difficult about it is time. Most flight line people will work 12 hour days, and the work is pretty tiring. The rest of the Air Force (nonners) besides the spec ops dudes is mostly just a corporation that wears a uniform

>Air Force here.
>chair force checking in

lmao

please don't join the military unless there is literally no alternative for you, I'm talking completely unable to pay for college and unable to make ends meet
I did it in order to allow myself to become independent from my family (my stepfather was abusive when I was a child and living at home as an adult with him was awful too)
it worked fine to that end but I had no time to lift, my job sucked, I slept at most 6 hours a day (usually less), and got to spend my entire life getting talked down to by high ranking enlisted shitheads. the only people who stay in the military are the people who are too fucking retarded to function outside of the military, which is probably the single largest problem the service has these days

It's not a meme.

forgot to mention I saw a lot of people needlessly get their careers ruined for stupid fucking reasons
I was a nuke if that explains anything but please don't write this off as just a nuke thing, the military sucks everywhere

It's definitely a meme depending on what side of the flight line you're on.

Finance = Chair Force
Pilot = not chair force

I was stationed on a joint base where all the security forces were air force guys, they literally all looked like balding chubby soyboys

>rich anti-American jews
this

How else are we supposed to get combat experience for the Great Happening? I embrace the mercenary aspect of it all

Its all endurance training breh, lots of hiking with heavy shit and having to operate even when you're exhausted, I find that hate keeps you going pretty well

It can be a stepping stone to a middle class life. The military was not very strenuous even during deployments, which sucked ass. I was one of the strongest guys in my platoon and only did SL half a year.

SL or Split+ cardio= easy mode PT

ain't war hell?

You a grunt? I find that turboPOGs have more time to lift than people in tracks or tanks do, although one could argue that since everything in tracks/tanks is heavy as shit that its all a workout in itself.

That's funny. SF where I'm stationed is a bunch of skinnyfats that get off on being able to tell officers what to do.

Just finishing a 4 1/2 year contract in the Army here. It all just depends on your MOS and your unit. I was lucky, and I've been surrounded by nice gyms, and my unit PT generally doesn't get in the way of any of the lifting I've done. However, I've heard plenty of horror stories about guys totally getting fucked by their units.

Don't join if you're trying to get into shape, as you're better off doing any of that on your own. Army PT is worthless.

>Don't join if you're trying to get into shape
better yet, join just for boot camp and then threaten to kill yourself at the very end so they give you entry level separation
fastest way to get in shape

>pilot is not chair force
>pilots still sit

What did he mean by this

>I embrace the mercenary aspect of it all
i've thought about it like this for ages

Well nuke is generally looked upon as the worst job you can take. No wonder your experience sucked.

a lot of the shit I dealt with was not nuke specific though, the navy has some very widespread systemic problems