Headphone Recommendations

Which is better - Headphones or Earbuds?

I'd like to spend $100 or less, unless there's a really good reason to spend more.

I want something that's a good value and durable. I guess I treat headphones like war machine treats women because I tend to go through them quickly.

I'd prefer wireless because the wires get stuck in my belt sometimes. They'll be used primarily for lifting.

90% of people wear headphones to the gym none of you have any recommendations?

I like good old fashioned apple earbuds.

any over ears just get sweaty, get some IEMs for lifting

bruh, it depends.

Over the ear have better sound quality and make you feel like you are in your own little cocoon, but are heavier and slide off during bench press

in ear are lighter but get dug in to your ear canal sometimes

i rock the over ear MPOW bluetooth headies, under 35 bones and are great

don't get shitty when you are asking for advice you fucking cunt

this desu

I use the HD1s in ur pic and they're godly. Too bad you're a poor prole.

no thank the anons that helped you fuck

buy some chink IEM

personally i wear nothing makes it easier for qt's to come up to you for a spot or help.

I had Jaybird bluebuds for a long time, would definitely recommend.

I just bought a $700k house so yes I'm poor for the time being.

I'll check those out thanks.

Somehow sip and onion threads get tons of responses but I ask about headphones and it's crickets.

They don't last for me. I think the last pair I had the cord got pinched in my belt and they went to shit, and they fall out of the ear fairly easily.

I bought a chink over the ear bluetooth set. They do the job and are cheap as chips.

if you don't have liquidity don't get big over ear headphones. I have the anker in ears for running, $40 if I remember correctly

I have the money it's just whether or not it's worth spending. I'd rather have a $200 pair of headphones that last 5 years than a $100 pair of headphones that will last 2. The question is will I get an extra 3 years by spending more? I'm just trying to get a price point that I'm paying enough for something that will last.

For instance I bought some cheap IEM's a few years ago that sound really good especially for the price but the rubber on the cord was so brittle after a while it just cracked and exposed all the wires, and I listen to music somewhat loud so the speakers got staticy (sp?) as well.

BTW I have an Anker mouse that's worked well for years. Good value brand IMO

I've beat up my anker headphones pretty badly and they're still working. Definitely durable. Sound quality is mediocre though.

would you buy em again or get something more expensive?

Are IEMs that much better than regular earbuds? Not really sure what the big difference is. I just want something that sounds really good.

i use bose soundsports. they don't have that annoying hard band thing that you hang around your neck. it's just a soft cord connecting the individual ear buds, so you can switch them from hanging behind or in front of your neck depending on the exercise. they have good bass, cancel most noise and last me over a week on a single charge.

I see u bought the poor people’s momentum2. See, I actually owned the momentums, then bought the beoplay h9. Who’s poor now, fag?

as the name implies, IEM is literally inside of your ear and doesnt stick outside of your ear like shitty apple earbuds. they offer better isolation and sound quality (depending on the brand). i can offer you some IEM brands if you want.

Not him but I'd like some recommendations. I had Shure headphones before and they turned to shit pretty quickly. Had a second brand that got stolen, and a third brand that worked well and was cheap but the cord cracked. They were ugly AF also.

those are $50 at bestbuy right now, that's a great deal right?

probably. my gf got them for me at some point, but i know she payed well over 50.

If you want something that is fairly dependable, cheap and isn't bluetooth I recommend that you look into some form of headphone with a detachable cable. The point of failure (for me) for pretty much all headphones and earbuds is somewhere in the cable and I end up saving a lot of money if instead of having to replace the entire fucking headphone I just can replace the cable (and 3.5mm audio cables are cheap as fuck)

1 don't get headphones if you plan on spending less than 100. Good ones are around 300.

2 don't wear headphones to the gym. The sweat will ruin them

3 I'd suggest jaybird x3. A little mainstream, but they sound good and fit well.

great advice, thanks.

I want to get Sony WH -1000XM2.

Also want to use for the gym. Anyone has it?

damnit they are for the wired version not wireless. wireless cost 3x more. F

Plantronics Backbeat Fit Wireless Sport Headphones

i own a set and i dont think ill ever get anything else ever. i pretty much do every kind of exercise and they have never come off. the sound is decent, they arnt 1500 sennies but id compare them to apple headphones but with a bit more bass. they pretty much get the job done without any issues. 15 minutes of charge gets you 8 hours of playtime. heaps cheaper than beats wireless in ears.

id only go over ear if i was working out with friends and wanted to pull headphones on and off easier

I use a samsung level u pro ANC, cost me 15 dollars because the store didn't have an old bluetooth version and got me this one.

Pretty good, not fond to the neck thing but if I need to squat I just put that over my head, cancels most noise at the gym so I don't hear anyone in the gym and last a lot

I'm not much of an audiophile but these are my jam.
I just checked and they're not even selling em on amazon anymore.

Monster Turbine Pro Copper are my in-ear that I've had for 7 years and they're still excellent. Great to get into your music.
Pair of Sennheiser headphones for playing bass, and a pair of cheap wireless buds for running.
I prefer buds because headphones are too lunky for me.

Sennheiser CX 300 II / CX 400 II, my go-to for 5 years or so now. They’re like 30 buckarinos, insane sound quality for the money, noise cancelling and every time mine broke they’ve been replaced under warranty.