Do you count calories?

Do you count calories?
If not how do you stay on your cut?

srsly curious. I started counting calories a week ago been great so far

Counted calories for 2 weeks after changing my diet and after I saw that I am literally never eating more than 1500ckal I decided to stop counting calories. I just keep eating like that.

>never more than 1500kcal
What's your diet look like?

Enjoying your food scale?

Waiting on my fitbit to arrive so I can actually figure out my TDEE. Been maintaining on 3200kcals as an active manlet.
Think of your macros, user!

>food scale
I haven't need to use it much yet except to measure some feta. Most of my food can be measured in servings, but I'll get some use out of it over time and it was only $10 so worth it.
>TDEE
Mine said it was like 2350 or something, with me needing to eat 1720 kcal to lose 1.5 pounds a week. It sounds toward the low end but that's probably a good thing for me right now. Been 6 days since I started counting calories, so far so good.

>Do you count calories?
>If not how do you stay on your cut?
fuck no
just eat healthy and you know do a bit of cardio. i literally eat what i want when i want, i don't like greasy oily foods so i guess it makes it pretty easy to start off with

I've found it healthy some foods are so much lower in calories than I would have suspected. Like grapes and blueberries are less than 50kcals for 100 grams so I can eat as much of those as I can handle.

>on your cut
I count calories to keep this bulk train GOING. I cannot gain any amount of weight if I eat under 3700, so I count to make sure I'm on track

1.5lb's a week is a healthy goal. Good luck!

I just eat intuitively. Make sure I get my protein but from there it's simply a matter of eating a little bit more than I feel like for bulking or eating a little less than I desire for cutting

I just eat meat + vegetables.

Been lifting for almost 7 years now. I haven't tracked macros/calories for about 4 years now.

I find it much easier to stay satiated and stick to my diet far easier if Im not tracking anything calorie/macro wise, but Im focusing on only eating meat and vegetables.

Its easy to get plenty of protein, and easy to avoid over-eating on calories, so you get the benefit of muscles being repaired, and your body given a huge amount of micro-nutrients.

I want to be lean this Summer, I'm gonna be on this diet forever probably.
ty senpai. 1 pound was too slow for me, so I think 1.5 pound is good. I'm lifting a couple times a week, not doing much just to help maintain and boost my test levels along with the boost from becoming lower bf.

i work out 6-8 hours a day

Arnold only lifted 5 hours per day at most so this is impressive, lol.
I'm off to do a bit of arms and traps maintenance at the gym now.

yeah, so long as your not consuming literal processed shit.(flavoring in most raspberry flavored treats is sourced from feces) your not going to have any problems loosing weight or maintaining your weight

After some time, you get a sense of how many calories you take in with the meals you prepare. If you're working out, you don't even need to care unless you eat a shitton of junk food.

Godspeed, OP! I've been living on 1,500 kcal for about six weeks and I'm losing about 2 lbs per week. We're all going to make it.

I fasted all day yesterday, I might go over my calories today as I'm planning to drink, but having eating nothing yesterday will more than make up for it.

I no longer count them. I did count them in the first two weeks and now I only approximate them because my diet doens't consist of many foods and I've learned them by heart.

Jup, but still try to keep in mind how much you will be consuming to make sure you don't accidentally go over the line.

get help for you eating disorder please

I use a rough estimate of the calorie content of the foods I typically eat. However, I mostly just adjust portion sizes after weighing myself every week.

I have a spreadsheet that averages the week along with daily measurements on the app.
>eating disorder
I fast maybe one a week atm. Not sure if that qualifies. If you saw me you wouldn't say I have an eating disorder

I do. But I mostly do meal prep so it's not a big burden.
Sometimes I just eye ball it (specially if it's low calorie shit).
If it works for you keep it up.

I'm planning too.
I use to eyeball stuff, but it's good to know that I hit my target exactly because when I next weigh myself I want to see a dramatic difference.

I calculated my TDEE to be about 2700, I'm eating a little over 3000 per day and have gained about 1-1.5kg since Christmas. I never counted calories before but I think if you're going to a lean bulk it's absolutely essential. I did an accidental cut once because I didn't count calories but moved house and ate a completely different diet which I thought was the same but was far less calorific.

>3000 a day
t.Future bloat-mogger

>300cal surplus will get you fat.
I see you're a tripfag as well, please come back when you're over 18. I've put on very little fat, I also do HIIT and aerobic cardio on non lifting days. If anything I should eat more but I want to test the waters first. And when I start working full time I'll be bumping it up to at least 3,500 per day.

just bought kitchen scale for 20 euros. makes it easier to estimate really calorie dense foods.

I once sat down and counted everything I ate that particular day to count the calories and macros.
Realized I ate a bit too much protein and a bit too less carbs, adjusted those two and keep eating more or less the same stuff every day.

Can you eat too much protein? Legit question? I'm getting about 1.5g per lb of body weight, some days a bit more.

>3000 kcal
>not getting fat
Kek enjoy your 'bulk'

Can't troll me.

wouldn't dream of it bloatlord

Yes, your body won't assimilate all of it if it's too much

I track calories but I'm only concerned that the weekly count is enough so I don't loose weight.

Intermittent fasting 18hour, 6 hour eating window. Don't eat sugar and you're golden

I do OMAD, so unless I eat a really excessive amount of food for my meal it's pretty much guaranteed that I will be at least 1000 cals under my TDEE.

I have to count calories. My TDEE is 1800 so I'm eating 1500 trying to lose weight. Without using a food scale and logging every single food I eat, I don't lose weight.

I treat my gains like my finances.

>focus on main things that cost you
>relax and enjoy your life, not worrying about the small expenses

I just drink 5 boost drinks a day and nothing else. But I eat like 10 potatoes on saturday sometimes when I'm feeling really hungry.

I'm barely gaining muscle @ 3200 kcals/day. Always sure to hit at least 1g/lb of protein per lb of bw. Some are more active than others.

Just drank some, gonna risk a drive to mcdonalds to get my "bulk" on though and fill out this gap on my TDEE.

>tfw chest gains come never.

>chest gains never
Maybe because you're using smith machines all the time

Counting calories is for people with impulse control. Give them a number to obsesses on and they're less likely to eat trash or binge. If you cut sugary foods and drinks, fried foods and heavy dairy out of your diet and then severely limit breads/grains, you will lose or maintain weight.

Db's mydude. Only one month and a half into PF though ;^))

>My TDEE is 1800
How the fuck? Do you lay in bed all day?

Or maybe he's a woman?
What chest exercises do you do?

PFbruh here.
Flat db bench 4x6-8
Flat db fly 4x12
Inc db bench 4x6-8
Cable crossovers
Dips
That thing where you lay on the bench and take a db and bring it from above the pecs, to behind the head, and back.

Recs?

>Kawaii_Anita_Sarkeesian.jpg

No. When I feel hungry I ignore it. It's as easy as that.

I find a kneeling landmine chest press to be a good one. You can really load it up and I find it very easy to feel the squeeze in the right muscles. Keep going though, pay no attention to that retard who thinks 3,000k per day is a lot.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Who is she her eyes do me in

Source on the raspberry flavouring.

>2350 or something, with me needing to eat 1720 kcal to lose 1.5 pounds a week.

1.26 pounds a week.

I counted calories for months and don't have to do it these days, i have a fifth sense about it now

>people unironically count calories
hunger exist for a fucking reason you dumb shit.
cravings are caused by lack of micros and macros. Prioritize your macros better and wait until you're actually hungry to eat.
Eat the bare minimum to not be hungry and continue about your fucking day.
Works 100% of the time to lose weight.

what app is that?
also brainlet question how exactly do I know how many calories some certain foods are, say half a kg of beef

MyFitnessPal
Free version is still pretty good, paid just gives you more info etc about what you’re eating

I've been counting calories for over 3 years now, I eat the same food every day, usually for 2-5 months and if I get bored of something I swap it out for a different meal

Embarrassing virgin embarrasses himself

who is this pre-feminist anita sarkeesian

Sometimes other times I just eat once a day
I was obsessed with counting calories
But then I just decided to listen to my body

If only you had a chest

Ya fr doe. One day. Back into liftan again after a long break.

Yes but I can never stay under my deficit because I'm trash.

90% sure that user is a female

How accurate is a fitbit?

Like can it accurately track calorie burned while lifting?