DIPBOYS2018. tinderbro user said to avoid dips and there's a lot of speculation on the safety of them...

DIPBOYS2018. tinderbro user said to avoid dips and there's a lot of speculation on the safety of them. Any recommendations for alternatives?

huh, why are super dangerous?

dips***

fuck

I do weighted dips instead of bench press. I got stuck for weeks at 205x3 on bench, got frustrated, and bought a dip belt.

I'm up to 70lbx5 on dips and feel great, getting much more chest activation & development over bench press. Plus I never have any shoulder pain at all, which I frequently got from bench press.

I fuckin love dips. I think I'm gonna go get some chains from my neighbor & start using those too

Why did tinder bro say they were bad

they gave him zero matches

ive never done bench press, only weighted ring dips
been lifting for 8 months

quick hack to see if you can do dips safely

do them

>do they hurt?

if yes, you cannot do them

if no, you can

this is what personal rainers dont want u 2 kno ! !!!

If you weight em enough you can crack your sternum I hear

They are primarily a tri workout so do literally any other triceps workout

fact is some people can obviously do them safely while some people can't, you just have to try them and see

Fak that, dips are my ultimate tricep building exercise. I only go up to one 20kg plate weighted though.

This doesn't even surprise me. Whenever I do dips I get electric shock like sensations coursing up both my arms. It's definitely something I've never felt before but is what I'd imagine compressing nerves feels like.

Anons does your bench stack up to dips?

290 x 5 flat bench
110 x 5 dips (220 bodyweight)

Dips are just fine. You just need to treat them like any other lift. Use proper form.

I've actually accidentally dropped all the way down when exhaused and stretched my shoulders past the point i thought was safe but it ended up loosening up my shoulders a good amount.

this is why. Causes shoulder impingement for some.

well he said to avoid them as he got inflammation of his clavicle cartilage partly because of them

If you do them wrong you can hurt yourself, just like every other lift. I think the biggest issue is dip bars aren't the right width for everyone, I use rings and never had a problem.

5x242 BP / 5x+115 Dips @ 216

Yes, I can do 30 dips bw and 3x12 with 15 kg and very frequently drop down into the hole really deep, and the most I feel is good because of the stretch. My job makes me really stiff and the feeling is amazing, dips are one of my best exercises. I guess its very dependant on the person.

Watch an athleanx video on dips. Basically you have to externally rotate your shoulder and not go down all the way to not fuck your shoulders up.

>They are primarily a tri workout
"chest dips are primarily a triceps workout"

How can I do dips at home with minimum equipment?

Is there something I can buy that would enable me?

chairs you idiot

surely they would snap or slip off

dips are the squat of the upper body
you can injure yourself doing squats too, but nobody here genuinely questions their efficacy or safety
dips aren't bad for you, bad form is bad for you

I've been doing weighted dips for 4 years. I had sternum pain for the first few months. My issues was my core. You really need to brace the core when you do dips. Pro tip that means not crossing your legs. I'm currently dipping 150lb for 10 reps no problem

i used two wooden bar stools that i jammed into the grass when i didn't have access to a gym
learned that i loved dips