Martial arts?

Just wanted any recommendations on two martial arts to take up? With out it sounding too basic I want more of an attacking one and more of a self-defence one.. I was looking into Krav Maga and Jiujitsu... I am a novice at martial arts and only have a background in boxing and the gym but am swole.

Was looking to spend a few hours a week on each in sessions.

Do boxing and wrestling
Best bang for your buck

What does Veeky Forums think of combat sambo?

It’s okay but sport sambo is better because you spar more often and can go all in

do boxing if you want to be punch drunk by the time you're 30

also if you don't want to be ever taken seriously by your trainer because you're not 12 then definitely take up boxing

t. never boxed

One standup and one grappling is usually the way to go.
Boxing/kickboxing/Muay Thai.
Wrestling/bjj/judo.

Depends on the gyms in your area, for example where I live wrestling is basically unheard of. If there's a good one an MMA gym can tick all your boxes.
Krav Maga is mostly a meme because the majority of them are just playing pretend and don't spar against resisting opponents, but if you find one of the legit ones then try it out. I do bjj and it's really fun.

Is it so if I also enjoy the punching, elbowing and so-forth? Some have suggested that I might as well do MMA, but I have a real opportunity to train it in Russia, so... otherwise I'll just stick to boxing.

Muay thai/Bjj masterrace reporting in. The thing is you need to experiment with different styles and see what advantages your body type,fighting style, what makes you excited and look forward to training and learning and getting better.

this what cunt are u in op .....then pick a martial art they are good at like judo in france or sambo in germany etc

Not that guy, but I boxed since childhood and trust me you're losing some brain cells for sure

I want to learn how to fight, but I'm 24 now. Should I not go to a boxing gym?

a good MMA gym that isn't a fraud with incompetent trainers, much easier to find in big cities obviously, find the best gym
also get on test+tbol
jk
kinda jk
not jk

i just want to learn how to beat the shit out of drunk idiots if i need to defend myself, not interested in competing

If that's your goal then just punch first

if you don't spar you don't learn how to fight period
also general athleticism matters in a fight
which is why I said test+tbol

Would boxing coaches not take me seriously as a fully grown man who has no boxing experience like the other user said though?

not necessarily
if you're driven, you learn fast, put in effort, have a few screws loose that make you want to hurt people, train hard, the coaches are likely to be impressed
but if you're the typical skinnyfat soyboy moaning while he throws a slow shitty right cross at the heavybag they won't take you very seriously no
also every high level boxer since the 70's is on the juice so if you want to compete know what you're getting yourself into

Experienced martial artist here, studied seeral martial arts since age of 5

MMA is your best option. It will be the best combination of stand-up and grappling. It's better than just boxing/kickboxing/muay thai, since you learn to defend takedowns. It's better than just bjj since bjj by itself is very passive and not realistic enough. MMA is better than wrestling, since recreational wrestling(non competitive) is BS and low quality. Judo is alright but had no takedowns that include lower bidy grabs.

If you're insistent on 2 martial arts, MMA + Krav Maga is the way to go imo

Give it ago if you’re in Russia, might get decent trainers. Often combat sambo is McDojo shit in the West

lol just don't get hit dummy

Can you train martial arts without getting brain damaged? I want to be able to fight but not be retarded when I get older

Yes, focus on pad work, only do sparring intermittently and when you do spar wear a headguard and go light but quick. I'd recommend a kickboxing class.

what you could do is exclusively grapple and learn to double leg someone as quickly as you can to get it to the ground
and that way you won't have to strike
it's not the most ideal thing, you won't be the best fighter you can be without striking and sparring but against untrained bums it's pretty ez

Both useless on the street but good for fitness.

Have no experience with Sambo.

All bullshit in a real fight. Also, MT guys usually get eaten alive by Thaiboxing (Dutch) and Savate (French) guys.

Just lmao, can tell you've never been in a fight. Both MMA and Krav Maga is bullshit for easily influenced kids.

Yes, you can, but that usually means no hard sparring, which Americans are allergic to.

DLTD means you break your own knees on concrete. You must tackle instead, which means you'll get a nice hammerfist to the back of your head or a knee in the face.

Also
>going for the ground in a streetfight

What do you recommend tough guy?

Shit bait

In any situation where a man could be expected to be able to defend himself, knowing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai to the point that you can do both of them without hesitation is going to be more than enough. I've been doing both for years -- for a long time I was very partial to the dutch style of Muay Thai, but truth is that six years into Kickboxing training I realized just how important some very basic things like head control are. Knowing the basic mechanics of controlling someone's head and grips, and hip positioning is enough to net you an enormous advantage in any situation where you could be expected to win.

Then there's knives and multiple attackers, where the most you can do is purchase yourself a one in a million chance to not lose if you're stupid enough to not run away.

yes because why the fuck would they train a fully grown man if they have 12 year olds available that have potential? since you're on a canadian bear hunting forum I can already tell you're not a natural born boxer

>headguard spares you from brain damage
user pls, what is blunt trauma

It's insane that there's still this pervasive belief that headgear has any capacity for shock absorption instead of dispersion. I know some incredibly knowledgeable coaches who are still very ignorant to the science of headgear and how little it does to actually protect their fighters.

because trainers were once boxers themselves and took one punch too many

the whole boxing crowd is full of meatheads with average IQ of 80, no shit niggers are so good at boxing (that and their ape index)