/fast/ #97 Keep the ball rolling edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsRld1K8Eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

boys help, i am so close to grabbing the pack of cookies, i can do IF 16:8 fine on weekdays, but saturday nights are always the killer

>cookies
wtf , dont even do that shit

Grab them and put them outside of your place of residence. You don't need 'em.

Yo any Ausfags here? Been trying to do snake mans stuff. But the only place I can find potassium is in "diet rite" salt. which is one of those sodium and potassium blends.
Where do you ausfags get your potassium from?

>16:8
>Literally all you need to do for this "fasting" is skip breakfast
>Dude it's too hard

You should be in OMAD regardless unless you're bulking

Some user in a previous thread said you could use cinnamon instead of cayenne pepper extract. Any truth to this?

>still going on with this meme
>mfw an online Moroccan hand stand tip board turns muslim and starts fasting for Ramadan

>67.5kgs this morning
>69kgs now (after piss)
EXPLAIN

Air filtration

What?!

You moron, intermittent fasting is Moslem, water fasting is Christian.

Your body filtered out calories from the air as it passed through your upper digestive system into your lungs. Its a last resort when fasting.

So which products do I need to make this here snake juice? Is it even necessary on say a

I need some advice boys, I'm approaching day 6 of my fast. Everytime I stand up I get a rush of blood and my vision gets stars. One time I felt like I was going to pass out.
Is it time to stop and refeed?

Less than 6 days could mean 1 hour, so maybe.

I can fap while fast?

Heh, are you me? Its a bump in the road to eat, but I am thinking about doing a keto refeed to get back into it asap. Just don't feel very good today.

why not do alternate day fasting and lift on the days you don't eat? sounds way better than starving yourself for a week

no

>16:8 with cookies
if you told your body you were fasting it would laugh at you. probably using your anus as its mouth.

ate too much

FUCK I'm on day 4 of my fast and I am craving food like a motherfucker. I literally spent all day watching mukbangs and I want popeyes so bad. Please give me your energy!!!

just image all the money you're saving

You won't want to.

>food
>yummy
food nasty yo

I haven't eaten in 6 days, you cunt.

Didn't get an answer in the last thread. At the end of my fast day, when I'm going to sleep, I have elevated heart rate. My resting heart rate is 60, but it feels like 90 as I'm going to sleep. Weird. Anything I can do to help? More electrolytes? Meditate? Masturbate?

bullshit my friend :*

You can try. Most people lose their drive after the 2 day mark. Getting it up can be difficult and orgasm will likely be very unsatisfying, if you can orgasm at all.

Magic then, faggot. It was magic.

>Breathing in all those calories
Not gonna make it

Thats ok though. Orgasming less than 7 days apart lowers T. Fasting for longer than 7 days isnt for everyone. Kinda works out that way.

Hey guise, this dude said that 1 days of dry fast = 3 days of water fast... Is this true?

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsRld1K8Eo

How do you guys break your long fasts? 3+ days long. I got off my 4 day fast, ate steak and eggs, and have been pissing out my ass for hours.

you shouldn't have broken the fast with meat and eggs. It's better to break it with something small and easy to digest like yogurt or an apple or vegetable broth. Then after a few hours you can eat whatever meal you want.

home scales can be inaccurate
not an aussie, but its okay to use a sodium-potassium blend. Just make sure you include the sodium in the "diet rite" salt in you total sodium intake

do he look lyk a doctor?

Dry fasts and water fasts are two different types of fasts. Dry is more for autophagy/detox. If you try to do extended dry fasts you could hurt yourself.

>drinking can of soda before the day I start my fast
>left it by nightstand
>accidentally fall asleep
>wake up thinking it's still yesterday
>drink soda
>remember I was supposed to be fasting

Try stretching and all of the above before bed.

im not trying to break my keto.

Should I fast if I'm not a fatty? I'm at about 12-13% body fat trying to get down to 10-11% or until I can see visible abs. Will fasting be a good way to do that? Snake man looks a bit bloated and I haven't seen any success stories from non-fatties.

why do you have a pack of cookies in your home to begin with? throw that shit again. it's like you don't even want to make it.

idk, maybe like a ripped one?

Yeah ok, I know that. What I really what to know is how much fat you lose in a dry fast comparated to a water fast

broth won't break keto, dude

Sounds like you drank too much water with the meal

Isn't refeeding an issue if you don't eat for a month?

will the new thread be #98 or #99

That’s a good question. Also a very important one.

Yeah start slow
day 1 fruit
2 broth
3 soup
4 more soild food

>fruit
lmao.

watermelon maybe
or berries with high water content

bodybuilders fast