PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Unless you're planning on being a competitive bodybuilder, or competitive powerlifter, or are training for any other sport that requires massive amounts of muscle and/or strength, you have NO VALID REASON to spend any more time in the gym than is required to be somewhat above average, and have some muscle definition. Furthermore ALL OF YOU should be doing cardio-vascular training of some sort to supplement your strength training, because having no aerobic endurance whatsoever is pathetic.

>b-b-but I can't get a girlfriend unless I'm huge!
Bullshit. Women care more about who you are, what you're about, sense of humor, personality in general.

>b-b-but MUH AESTHETICS!
See above. You're wasting your time unless you plan on competing in something.

>b-b-but I just want to!
LOL sure, kid, but you could be spending your time more productively, working on all other aspects of your life.

>b-b-but MUH PEER PRESSURE
Grow up. Unless of course you like being everyone else's bitch.

Seriously, guys, you've got to be smarter than you're being if you really want to "MAKE IT" in the long term.

FURTHERMORE:

So many of you obsess over two things:

>testosterone
>your dick size

You want more testosterone? Regular exercise.
>eating weird shit
>taking strange 'supplements'
Don't waste your time. Regular, vigorous exercise is all you need.

>obsessing about your dick
Not attractive. It is what it is. All the bullshit to make it bigger? More likely to injure it, permanently.
>b-b-but women make fun of me unless it's 10 inches and big around as my wrist (or whatever)
Stop getting with stretched-out whores. Real, quality women don't obsess over this shit. Believe it.

>Telling people to stop lifting on a board about lifting

user, I....

>can't be bothered to read everything before commenting

I want people to lift. I want them to run/swim/ride a bike/row/whatever, too. But I also want them to stop being excessive about it when there's no point to it. There is a "point of diminishing returns" on anything. Most of Veeky Forums should spend their time on other aspects of their lives instead of too much of it in the gym.

kinda needed this push, thank you OP, much love.

Autism

Shoo shoo gains goblin. Cardio is for women.

so you're just upset because people like me spend 2 hours per week at the gym to stay more muscular than you, or what?

I agree, but why do you assume that I obsess over dick or test? People post threads about it for memes

You're welcome.

Denial and/or troll. Shoo, shoo yourself.

>upset/jealous/etc
Why would I?
I not only don't care about any size differential, I'm *happy* to see people in general healthy and strong, even if they're stronger than I am. If you are, then good on you, user, I'm proud of you. You're helping to set an example for everyone else around you. Be sure to help them see that they, too, can be healthier and stronger. That's how you really become like an alpha male: leading by example.

Didn't say you specifically obsessed over anything.
Also aware it's just one more meme.
But you have to understand: there are gullible, naive guys on here, who are insecure already, and they actually buy into the memes, think it's real. Why do you think I refer to them as "troll-memes"? Tools of the trolls.

>stop doing what you want to do and do what I want you to do
Ok OP youve convinced me

What I'm really asking you to do is this:
>re-examine your motivations for doing what you're doing
>decide whether it makes sense, really serves your best interests

Retards will be retarded. If theyre too stupid to do research and take advice from a rastafarian pasta stacking forum they deserve it.

Life is about setting arbitrary goals for yourself and accomplishing them. Thinking that being able to 2/3/4/5 is going to make you slay poon is ridiculous, though, so lifting with that as a motivation is a poor use of time. But lifting heavy things because you want to be able to lift heavy things seems like a perfectly sane choice.
tl;dr
>lifting for women

user if you don't have an hour to spend in the gym every day then you might be lazy. You should come to terms with this and your unhealthy eating, and try to fix your life instead of lashing out at strangers on the internet.

>lifting for women
>lifting women
If i can OHP a woman she is mine.

Yes goyim only get as fit as the State requires, no need to do things just to make yourself happy.

How is it not to the benefit of everyone to help guide those who need guidance away from things that would cause them harm, if someone is trying to mislead them for their own benefit?

>"WAAHH STOP DOING WHAT I DONT DO."

See: I train, in various ways, anywhere from 7 to 15 hours a week, but I train for a specific sport, so maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about me without facts to back that up? Just a suggestion.

Please re-read the OP, and read this, too:

Post body so we can see who's giving us this advice.

The OP isn't saying not to lift he's saying don't be excessive about it.

Nah, I'll just keep going my way.

Nobody wins when soyboys buy the vegan meme, but they lose and thats more fun.

Why? Completely irrelevant to what I'm saying. Many of you are bigger than me because I train for a specific sport, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Perhaps you should re-read the OP, and read the thread before you make judgements of what I'm saying.

Ah, I see: you're one of the trolls, part of the Cancer that's been killing Veeky Forums for a while now.

You need to leave.

Finally someone else with some fucking sense on this board.

Godspeed OP. I hope at least one person takes what you have said seriously because this board needs it.

The sooner you stop giving a fuck about what other people do, the sooner you will be able to enjoy life and stop making shit threads.

>Why?
So we can see who's the man behind these thoughts user.
>Completely irrelevant to what I'm saying.
Not at all.

>Many of you are bigger than me because I train for a specific sport, and I'm perfectly okay with that
Then post the body and let us know which sport.

>Perhaps you should re-read the OP, and read the thread before you make judgements of what I'm saying
Literally just credibility you hold. If you're really going to go through the trouble of making a million different reasons to just get around posting a picture then I think I already have my answer.

Thanks, but I'm well aware that I'm challenging the dominant paradigm of this place therefore it's uphill all the way.

I'm "leading by example"; you do that too, don't you, user?
By definition this is not a shitpost thread because it's entirely on-topic, relevant, and in the interests of all the denizens of Veeky Forums. Sorry if it's making you uncomfortable.

>shit frame most of my life with good height and decent face
>start going to the gym
>slowly making progress
>see some autist on an internet forum saying i should reconsider
better go back to playing video games and jacking off lads

>Literally just credibility you hold
Nice phone post to me.
>literally just post so we can see the credibility you hold

I don't post pictures of myself on the internet for one reason: the Internet never forgets, and I don't want it to have any pictures of me, even with my head edited out. So no pics, ever.

I'm a cylist on a road racing team, and I train specifically for that -- because I don't have time for anything more than that with a full-time job to support myself. I train anywhere from 7 to 15 hours a week (sometimes more, depending on what's going on), and that includes full-body strength training, but focused on lower-body, because excess muscle mass just makes you heavier, therefore slower climbing hills. Does that satisfy your curiosity?

I want you to realize and acknowledge one theme here: I am NOT telling people "don't lift". I'm asking them to examine WHY they lift as much as they do, and whether it really benefits them to do that much, or whether they're past the point of diminishing returns on it. An *appropriate* amount of strength training.

I see way too many Veeky Forumsizens who seem to obsess over the gym, and don't work on any other aspects of their lives. Not good. Trying to be the voice of reason, here.

clean and jerk is more relevant for the type of "picking up women" you likely do

>women dont care about looks
Im 5’11, when I hit 180lbs lean I got laid for the first time in my life and it wasnt even hard. Girls compliment me and are visibly more interested in anything I do. Got this one at work.
>user if we had a hunger games style fight of people here you’d be my first pick
The bigger I get the more people respect me in first impressions. Obviously there are diminishing returns, but lifting for size has objectively improved my quality of life.

>not strict pressing
Never gonna make it

This is like saying I shouldn't learn how to play an instrument unless I'm going to make my living as a professional musician.

Don't become too big if you want a solid girl. They'll be too shy to get naked if you look better than them.

Tldr
Post the picture dyel faggot

>women dont care about looks
Didn't say anything about that, did I? Of course they do -- for the first few minutes. After that you'd better have something else under the hood to back it all up or you're just going to seem two-dimensional and they'll lose interest.

Note, again: Not saying "don't go to the gym".
What I am saying: "Lift an appropriate amount for your health and fitness".
By all means, look above average; just don't go to extremes with it, it's not worth it -- unless you're training for something competitive that requires it.
Make sense?

Tl;dr lmao

You seem to be indulging in "all or nothing" thinking.
You can learn to play a musical instrument an be an amateur musician -- but if you're ignoring the rest of your life when you're not going to be a professional musician, then you're going about things the wrong way. No different than what I'm saying.

“Diminishing returns” is the key term for sure. I was a competitive runner before I started lifting and I realized it was moronic to spend 10 hours a week training to be a 2:40ish marathoner when I could spend two hours a week running, three in the gym, and look and feel great and still run pretty fast. Why spend 5 hours a week in the gym to look like a freak when you could lift 3-4 hours and look great.

>cyclist

kek so you are basically a twink with not a single gram of muscle in your body and you don't want to feel effeminated by our superior musculature
this is the people that tries to give you advice, Veeky Forums

>don't post pictures of myself on the internet for one reason: the Internet never forgets, and I don't want it to have any pictures of me, even with my head edited out. So no pics, ever.
Do you honestly think anyone is going to bother remembering. In 5 hours this thread will be dead and no one will remember it or what you posted in this thread.

>I'm a cylist on a road racing team, and I train specifically for that -- because I don't have time for anything more than that with a full-time job to support myself. I train anywhere from 7 to 15 hours a week (sometimes more, depending on what's going on), and that includes full-body strength training, but focused on lower-body, because excess muscle mass just makes you heavier, therefore slower climbing hills. Does that satisfy your curiosity?
Nope. I asked for a photo. Not for a summary of your life.

>I want you to realize and acknowledge one theme here: I am NOT telling people "don't lift". I'm asking them to examine WHY they lift as much as they do, and whether it really benefits them to do that much, or whether they're past the point of diminishing returns on it. An *appropriate* amount of strength training.
Has nothing to do with what I asked.

>I see way too many Veeky Forumsizens who seem to obsess over the gym, and don't work on any other aspects of their lives. Not good. Trying to be the voice of reason, here.
No one here obssess over the gym. I'll post the fucking graph if I have to.

OP is right

>Dyel twink cyclist rationalizing his skelly body
Nobody here except /fraud/ is actually obsessive. Most are dyel like you encouraging eachother to not try “too hard”. If you want drastic change it takes drastic effort for most people.

I don't post pictures of myself, ever. Get over it.

What I look like has nothing to do with what the messages I'm conveying in this thread becuase *I am not comparing my body to anyone else's and I am already on the record as not CARING whether anyone else is bigger/stronger than me regardless*.

Frankly your fixation seeing my body is making me wonder whether you're insecure about your own, or perhaps there's something else going on there. But I have no interest in indulging you.

You sure you're not new here? I've been here quite a while and I know what I've seen.

Post the graph

Don't ever tell me or my wife's son how to train again

How much is considered excessive OP? I do 20 mins cardio and an hour of lifting every two days, followed by a day rest.

I doubt anyone here is working out to the detriment of their personal/professional lives.

Honestly I don't think there's any 'graph', I think that guy is either just a typical troll, or is highly insecure (and I'm challenging his current world-view), or both.

You're not funny.

Do you have a healthy bodyfat percentage, muscle definition, and are above the average strength-wise and endurance-wise? Yes? Then great, keep up the good work, I'm proud of you. :-) You might want to up the cardio to an hour, though, you're barely warmed up at 20 minutes. ;-)

He's right though. After I figured all this out I got a QT gf and my quality of life has increased. Quit being a sad faggot

You must be new here. Go look through all the threads.

>I don't post pictures of myself, ever. Get over it.
K.

>What I look like has nothing to do with what the messages I'm conveying in this thread becuase *I am not comparing my body to anyone else's and I am already on the record as not CARING whether anyone else is bigger/stronger than me regardless*.
>a million different reasons

>Frankly your fixation seeing my body is making me wonder whether you're insecure about your own,
>I'm going to tell people how to workout and how much to workout
>who cares if I'm a skelly
>I'm a fucking a philosopher of philosophers p-please listen

>or perhaps there's something else going on there. But I have no interest in indulging you
>lol you want to see my body on a fitness board
>lol u must be gay
Are you an adult? That would explain why you fear posting of an image of yourself. Did mommy and daddy tell you not to?
Done.

Gains Goblin shoo

>women aren’t attracted to high test males with broad shoulders and wide backs
Its in their DNA to pick strong men who can protect, unless theyve been brainwashed into believing soyboy skinnfat dadbod mothrrfuckers are ideal.
Masculine traits are attractive. Period.

Whats that image from?

We have a guy from the plg threads that does them yearly (last year at least stuff starts to get fuzzy before that).

It’s The Graph TM

>the quick replying OP gets run out of his own thread by one guy

Good goys, stop lifting hehehe.

found the twinklet

..and where, precisely, did I say to *stop* lifting? Get real.

Why resort to insults? What, precisely, does that accomplish, other than making you look like a jerk?

Just got back from 2.5 hours on the bike.

Guess what? I had broad shoulders and a wide back when I was a DYEL skinnyfat teenager. You don't even need the gym for that. If you don't have it naturally then *moderate* training in the gym is all you need.

Also: Not all women want exactly the same thing.

Also:
>lifting for girls

You're really not making your case very well.

Random anonymous polls really aren't worth much, especially when everyone lies as much as they do.

>Random anonymous polls really aren't worth much, especially when everyone lies as much as they do
>everyone is lying about having terrible lifts because hahaha look at these small numbers
People lie about positive things. This is pure cope.

Not irrelevant, helps us understand where you're coming from.

Sometimes the bait gets so autistic it might actually be real

>..and where, precisely, did I say to *stop* lifting? Get real.
>Why resort to insults? What, precisely, does that accomplish, other than making you look like a jerk?
>Just got back from 2.5 hours on the bike
Starting to imagine that a skinny blaha is behind these post.

Nah bro. My gf admits the first thing she noticed was my arms. 16 1/2 arms when I flex a cep the bitches get wet.

Where I'm "coming from" is "being rational about how and where time and effort is spent". There needs to be *balance* in people's lives, especially young guys (teenage through 20's) whose lives aren't even really started yet. It's easy to get fixated on something like working your muscles at the gym, all the training plans, supplements, and *of course* the empty promises that make it seem like the gym can fix all your problems in life.

If I was claiming to be bigger and stonger than everyone else, I could see why someone would want visual proof. But I am *NOT* claiming that at all, and furthermore have repeatedly stated I don't *care* if anyone is bigger or stronger, and in fact I'm *proud* of you guys that are, you're an example for the fat weak people who think they can't possibly dig themselves out of the hole they've dug for themselves with poor lifestyle and diet. Showing what my body looks like is totally irrelevant to the core message I'm attempting get across, here.

Furthermore, I've been around this damned place more than long enough to know one of the real reasons some demand a picture: so they have something to criticize, deconstruct, tear down, and otherwise use as ammunition to insult the person. Not playing into that willingly.

Okay, great. But if you had no personality, no other interests, no intelligence, nothing else about you, would she still be around? Unlikely. Looks only get you so far, and that tends to be measured in minutes.

>Where I'm "coming from" is "being rational about how and where time and effort is spent". There needs to be *balance* in people's lives, especially young guys (teenage through 20's) whose lives aren't even really started yet. It's easy to get fixated on something like working your muscles at the gym, all the training plans, supplements, and *of course* the empty promises that make it seem like the gym can fix all your problems in life.
What the fuck are you on about? You're trying to make a solution for a problem no on has.

>If I was claiming to be bigger and stonger than everyone else, I could see why someone would want visual proof. But I am *NOT* claiming that at all, and furthermore have repeatedly stated I don't *care* if anyone is bigger or stronger, and in fact I'm *proud* of you guys that are, you're an example for the fat weak people who think they can't possibly dig themselves out of the hole they've dug for themselves with poor lifestyle and diet. Showing what my body looks like is totally irrelevant to the core message I'm attempting get across, here.
>tries to give people advice on fitness
>ask to post body for some form of credibility
>just post paragraph after paragraph of reasons that he won't do it
>not a single paragraph dedicated to his insecurity

>Furthermore, I've been around this damned place more than long enough to know one of the real reasons some demand a picture: so they have something to criticize, deconstruct, tear down, and otherwise use as ammunition to insult the person. Not playing into that willingly
>furthermore
>furthermore
>people aren't making insulting me now
Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
No, but apparently most of Veeky Forums is.

Absolutely on most points except for "you could be spending your time more productively." Let people fill their lives with the discipline of their choosing. If overcoming regular physical hardship is part of that, who are you to judge?

Sorry for all those spelling and grammar mistakes OP. Copy and pasting then actually doing the replies on my 5s is starting to take its toll.

Are you making an assumption (since I NEVER SAID IT) that I'm telling people to stop lifting completely? Never did, and I'm not saying that now, either.
>MODERATION
>LIFE BALANCE

I've read the thread. I've read what you've said. I simply don't trust you as an authority on what constitutes "life balance" and what doesn't. You haven't given me any evidence that you're any kind of authority in a position to pass judgement on what is "balanced" and what is not.

Why do you or anyone else need 'evidence' when what I'm advocating is *taking an objective look at what you're doing and why* and *deciding if you could expend your time and effort differently*? I am LITERALLY NOT TELLING ANYONE to do ANYTHING other than that; how, then, do I need to be 'authoritative' in any way, shape, or form? What I'm reminding people they should be doing is literally *common sense*, which ironically seems to elude the vast majority anymore.

You just sound threatened by all this for some reason. Care to tell us why that is?

I think it's that the OP, while reflecting the way threads are on this site like /plg/ and /fat/ are written, comes across as condescending and authoritative to the degree that it comes across as though you have a "holier than thou" vibe, leading to the animosity that you're continually getting.

Someone's got to lead, may as well be me, and what more 'credibility' do I need when I'm literally getting nothing out of this other than the knowledge that maybe I get some people to *think* about their lives and what they're doing with it? I'm not getting paid to do this, I'm not getting prestige, or social power, or a better reputation, or anything else out of this other than the satisfaction of doing it. You'll note I don't use a name or tripcode. When this thread finally dies I fade into the background noise again and that's that. I mainly come here to amuse myself because you fuckers make me laugh sometimes, and once in a Blue Moon you come up with something I didn't know. Sometimes though I want to *give you all something* that I think you could use. That's all there is to this. You and everyone else can believe me or not.

Ironically if I had a website and was charging $100 an hour for 'life coaching' or somesuch shit, suddenly I'd have all the credbility and authority I could handle. But you give something away for FREE and people assume it's worthless, or worse: some sort of scam. Sad, sad, sad.

Honestly if you need anything more than 45 minutes a day for 5 days (or and hour 3 times a week) in the gym to get big then somethings wrong with you

>You just sound threatened by all this for some reason. Care to tell us why that is?
>Believe it.
>Denial and/or troll. Shoo, shoo yourself.
> Why do you think I refer to them as "troll-memes"? Tools of the trolls.
>Thanks, but I'm well aware that I'm challenging the dominant paradigm of this place therefore it's uphill all the way.
>Sorry if it's making you uncomfortable.
>Trying to be the voice of reason, here.
>Frankly your fixation seeing my body is making me wonder whether you're insecure about your own, or perhaps there's something else going on there. But I have no interest in indulging you.
>Honestly I don't think there's any 'graph', I think that guy is either just a typical troll, or is highly insecure (and I'm challenging his current world-view), or both.
>No, but apparently most of Veeky Forums is.
>What I'm reminding people they should be doing is literally *common sense*, which ironically seems to elude the vast majority anymore.
>Someone's got to lead, may as well be me
>You'll note I don't use a name or tripcode
>I mainly come here to amuse myself because you fuckers make me laugh sometimes
>and once in a Blue Moon you come up with something I didn't know
Oh my fucking God please just kill me.

I think my favorite is
>so maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about me without facts to back that up? Just a suggestion.
It really highlights the irony and hypocrisy of the OP.

I'm not the same guy, i don't care about your credentials. Asking people to self reflect is fine in my opinion, it's what builds people into better versions of themselves. However in saying that, you will want to note that on a site such as this, where people seem to have complete obsessions and delusions about fitness and health, that approach is everything.

When your post is demanding in tone, or otherwise "leading" as you'd put it, if you're not backing that up with either evidence or charisma, your point may as well be moot. You need to understand that. With perceptions of condescension, all you'll be met with is animosity and defensiveness, which is just dick waving in both corners, yours and theirs.

>Women care more about who you are
HOHOHO
HAHAHA

No. Its a simple as fuck fact that if you're smaller than a girl, she wont find you attractive. And since the average population is getting fatter and fatter you have to supplement yourself with muscle just to stay ahead.

Know what happens if I take the 'soft approach' in this place?
>LOL DYEL?
>SOYBOY
>OP is a fag
>post CBT
and so on.

Guess I forget sometimes that other than maybe the 1% or so who frequent this place, it's full of the dregs of teenage and 20-something society, and if they were going to listen to reason, they'd have done it before now and never come here in the first place.

Guess I'll go back to Giving Up on them. If one or two listened then that's fine but I'll never know.
I'll just go back to laughing at the idiots, now.

Oh and by the way, since I'm not coming back to this thread again anyway? I'm 53 in less than two weeks; that's the 'authority' and 'credibilty' I have: surviving (and thriving) this long, because you learn quite a bit along the way. Don't have kids of my own, never wanted any, so sometimes I 'adopt' some for a while. There's enough misfits here who had shit parents and shit lives because of it that I figure having a 'benevolent uncle' might be helpful to them. Since about 2008 when Veeky Forums went more-or-less mainstream, there's more and more guys here in their 30's and older; you just don't notice them unless they reveal themselves. All of you be sure to enjoy knowing that. xD See you in the funny papers.

Assuming that all women want exactly the same things shows your lack of experience with them.

>Oh and by the way, since I'm not coming back to this thread again anyway? I'm 53 in less than two weeks; that's the 'authority' and 'credibilty' I have: surviving (and thriving) this long, because you learn quite a bit along the way. Don't have kids of my own, never wanted any, so sometimes I 'adopt' some for a while. There's enough misfits here who had shit parents and shit lives because of it that I figure having a 'benevolent uncle' might be helpful to them. Since about 2008 when Veeky Forums went more-or-less mainstream, there's more and more guys here in their 30's and older; you just don't notice them unless they reveal themselves. All of you be sure to enjoy knowing that. xD S-see you in the funny papers.
Christ my attitude turned from annoyed to pitiful really fucking quick.

Fair enough that you feel that way, though i think you'd be met with less scrutiny and more discussion had you gone with a softer approach.

I'm sure people before this thread began have thought about why they're lifting, what they want to achieve, and whether there's merit in the amount of time they're putting in. Though yes, i'd agree that mainly it's people whom are young that rotate in as others rotate out, so there is a childishness that can be seen.

Your age gives you minimal merit, age is just lived experience, which is a testament to nothing ultimately, considering there's no proof that you haven't just sequestered yourself to a room most of your adult life. Though frankly i agree that having that more adult approach in terms of "hey, don't be a lazy cunt" is more appropriate than being that kid friendly uncle type.

Happy birthday for two weeks, hope your cycling career keeps strong and good to you, and thanks for what was a different thread than the usual shitposting on this site. Hopefully next time you're met with more discussion and less animosity though mate.

I want to be a main character.

Being super strong is the closest thing I'll ever have to having a super power.

And your opinion should be listened to because...?