Rice or Pasta?

So I thought about carbs, specifically white rice and white pasta, which is best in terms of gains, muscle building potential, nutrition and preparation? I am also wondering about the long-term effects of eating more (or only) of one than the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=100g pasta
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=100g rice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eat barley like a roman gladiator

They're both just basic refined carbs.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=100g pasta

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=100g rice

Rice is generally cheaper but variety generally aids compliance.

barley and chicken? barley and curry? barley and bolognese? barley and chili?

Here in Denmark pasta and/or spaghetti is cheaper
>t. Not OP

pasta is more processed. rice is better, more protein, better for digestion.

Eat both

I like pasta better. 12g of preotines/100g

You won't feel the difference from your diet anyway, just pick whatever you feel like eating

they mostly ate barley and beans.

personally, pasta is like eating pure sugar for me, it makes me hungry as shit. rice is much easier to eat less of.

>Rice has more protein than pasta
What the fuck nigger?

More complete protein generally speaking. Grains in general.

bump

Kob pose ris fra rema din jode

Spelt and amaranth master race.

quinoa my nigga

or get whole wheat pasta or brown rice

bump

Don't listen to anyone that says rice. Rice has a glycemic index of fucking 97! Fettuccini's GI is 33 and spaghetti is barely over 40, which makes it not too bad.

Rice is obviously better in any way

Pasta is just silly shaped noodles

last bump

Pasta is better in all regards. Higher in minerals, vitamins and twice the protein.

Eat buckwheat you nerds

Isn't pasta over 2x the calories for the same weight though?

No clue but I've been following this >instagram page, liveanabolic, and it claims all kinds of potatoes and WHITE rice are the best carbs for testosterone, obviously alongside fruits and veggies.

Dunno about the white stuff but brown rice is about 356 cals per 100g and wholewheat pasta is about 345 per 100g

Buckwheat is very healthy and can be made to taste pretty decent when e.g. made into a stew with fatty meat, but seriously fuck eating that as a main source of carbs, especially when bulking.

just eat both you tard. I couldn't imagine going without either how boring can your diet get?

>not brown rice and whole wheat pasta
wew, is this bait?

Quinoa and wild rice nigga

What I've noticed is how filling each food is, I can easily eat 130g of pasta with stuff added into it in one sitting, while I can only eat about 70g of rice,

I have no scientific backing for this, just that if I were in a bulk, I'd go for the pasta because it's much easier to eat a large quantity of compared to rice.

>I have no scientific backing for this, just that if I were in a bulk, I'd go for the pasta because it's much easier to eat a large quantity of compared to rice.

This is why I avoid pasta

150 grams of pasta with real tomato sauce is barely 700 calories and it will fill you to the brim. Real tomato sauce as in tomato, oil, garlic and salt.
Stop getting jewed by canned American sauces

well I've been eating rice for 8 months, pasta four time during that period, get some potatoes sometimes in stews..

Are you Asian

I wish

All I know is rice is a million times easier and can be prepped in more ways than spaghetti.
>spaghetti sauce in rice
>beans and salsa con queso
>sesame oil+boullion
>lime juice, cilantro, salt, and oregano
>curry powder/chinese 5 spice/japanese 7 spice
You can easily and cheaply get most continents cuisine with rice+seasoning/sauce

bump

this wtf

Wheat pasta intake correlates with taller people in china.
Chinese who eat the most rice and the least pasta are shorter.
Might have something to do with the fact that past has almost 2x as much protein as rice per serving.