My mother told me I'm a delusion

My mother told me I'm a delusion

Im 18. I go to one of the most prestigious high school in italy, my grades are pretty decent. All of them are above C and some of them are even excellent. I don't do drugs and I rarely go to party and drink.
Today I came home very late from the gym and she was mad. That's OK I was very late, then she started yelling saying I was a delusion because I spend too much time on the gym and not enough on school. Again my grades are not the best but I go to a very hard school, I'm the perfectly average kid basically (my mother used to be really good in school). Now I don't know if she is right. Does spending too much time in the gym and not enough studying make me a bad son and a bad person? (Again I never had trouble with school and I've recently been accepted by a pretty good unicersotuy)

Fit related: favourite lift? OHP

If you don't know what the difference between being a delusion, and being delusional is perhaps you should spend more time on school

>My mother told me I'm a delusion
Okay OP's mom, if you're delusional that you have a son, then the first step was admitting it. Now you should go get treated at a mental health hospital.

I like this new pasta

>tfw you don't even exist

*university

And again, it's not like she was begging me to go less time to the gym before this, she was just asking in a friendly way if spending 2 hours everyday in the gym is good and I explained her multiple times in a nice way what I do. Now she randomly expoded probably because she was worried because I was really late today (only time that this every happened) and I take the fault for this.
But being told that I'm a delusion for these reasons seems like too much.
Am I in the wrong here? Or is she exagerating?

Sorry I'm kinda shaken, I meant she told me "you are a disappointment"

I'm a 30 year old shut-in NEET and my parents have never told me they're disappointed in me.

I can't tell if they just don't care, or if they just don't want to tell me how they really feel.

fuck i can't think straight right now, I meant she told me I'm a disappointment. Please I need someone else's opinion

Who the fuck spends 2 hours a day at the gym, you autistic fuck. 45-60 3/4 days a week is more than enough, specially if you are a delusion

prima di tutto, se non hai 18, vaffanculo fratello

Don't pay attention to her, mothers are like that, just calm her down if it gets unbearable.

Fuck you too, I'm 18 don't worry

Yeah I get it but she has always been like that, she is very different form me and we don't really like each other. She loves me because she is my mother but she doesn't like me as a person

user I'm sorry to tell you...

i thought italian highschool grades didn't mean shit. maybe you got some money for straight As
isn't all higher education based on an exam?

Ouch.

Im not asking you how to train you retard

desu, don't worry about it. Put a bit more effort in school, like study at home, so she can actually note that you're working in school. That doesn't mean you should stop lifting though. Just put in effort in studying that your mom acknowledges that "he's doing good, I don't have to care anymore". It also helps solidify good study habits that'll help you in college. You're not bad, your mom's just being a bit of a hardass about school. If she's outright telling you to stop lifting, just remind her it's a hobby you enjoy, and there's no reason for you to stop.

Also diddly

I spent all my free time in school playing video games. I wish I went to the gym instead

The gym is never a waste of time. But there are times when other things should still take priority, like school. But if the gym isn't interfering with that, then nah its fine.

I dont give a shit, if even ur mum thinks ur a failure then u r clearly fucking up ur life.

are italian women genetically histrionic?

Yeah they don't mean shit

Thanks bro that's simple and solid advice. Im never able to put enough time into studying for long periods, I just can't force myself to do it but I'll try my best to improve

Yeah I bet you know a lot about my life.
Sadly my relationship with my mother has always been shitty. We are very different people but I don't think I'm fucking up my life by getting some Cs in high school instead of all straight As

Just sacrifice some of your gym time, like an hour.

Also, is there a word filter or something? I typed desu and it came out as desu. But I never typed desu

t. someone whose had to navigate proddy parents

Don't ever take something a woman says to heart/at face value. Not your mom, not your sister, and definitely not random thots. Stay calm, calm her down if she's being belligerent, or exit the scenario if you absolutely have to. Consider what she's said rationally and then make up your own mind about.

If you are telling the truth about how things are going for you in terms of school and the rest of it then she has no business calling you a disappointment.

Put a little bit more effort in a school, but definitely don't drop lifting. Letting your mother dictate what you do in early adulthood is no good, she's most likely just not coping very well with you becoming a young man, instead of the little boy she had before.

hello this is bait

It's not that I lack time, I'm just lazy af when it comes to study. I just do the bare minimum and I can't force myself to do more and I end up procrastinating. But I'll try harder

Thanks. I really needed that

And no I obviously won't quit lifting. I just wanted someone to tell me I wasn't what she said I was

go to /adv/ fag

Who gives a shit what she thinks? anyones opinion of you is completely worthless. You're opinion of yourself is the only thing that matters

I mostly agree

fucking kek, lost

Is your mom hot? You should fuck her

How to be a bad son:
1. Have bad parents
2. Exist
Your mom's opinion is worthless.

i liked your joke man

Always do the opposite of what women say. They are gains goblins and their advice regarding everything generally sucks. Get your advice from successful men.

I listened to my mothers advice for decades and it turned me into a beta loser for most of my life until I decided to make my own decisions.
Women are not smart, their mind is too clouded by hysterical emotionality.

Anche mia mamma era una frustrata di merda che pretendeva troppo (ero il primo della classe alle superiori e nonostante ciò si incazzava quando prendevo un 7, poi si lamentava perché non uscivo mai quando quella puttana mi ha cresciuto come un betamax), per fortuna è morta ed ora sto molto meglio, ho perso la verginità qualche mese dopo la sua morte ed ora ho una vita sociale decente, oltre ad aver superato da un bel po' 1/2/3/4. Quindi OP l'unica soluzione è uccidere tua madre senza essere scoperto, oppure cerca di facilitare la sua morte in qualche modo, ti auguro di riuscire nell'impresa :)

Your mother will always disagree and argue with you, you're always her kid and it's what they do.
When you start making your own decisions that's when you become an adult. It's supposed to be like this, some people unfortunately don't make it out.

>t. Turbodyel

>tfw your mom is a schizo who doesn't have a son

how does one say delusion instead of disappointment kek
are you italian by any chance?

>mi ha cresciuto come un betamax
hahahaha betamax ci sei nato, sfigato di merda.
come porco dio fai a parlare così della persona che ti ha mantenuto fino ai 18 anni

Occhio che la Boldrini ti vede

>im 18

yeah no

Me top

Al mio mantenimento ha contribuito principalmente mio padre, comunque adesso non ho problemi a scopare quindi betamax non è un buon termine per descrivermi

All right you fucking mong(s); If you can manage, please reread:
>I go to one of the most prestigious high school in italy.
You're criticizing him over his grammar when you two aren't bright enough to infer he's probably from Italy and English is likely not his first language.

OP, growing up I disregarded my parents' wishes and dedicated myself to what I found important. I'm not saying this is the way to go, but I see physical fitness and development as important as education. Work hard at both, becoming a balanced individual will benefit you greatly. I wouldn't sacrifice your grades over the gym though. Finish your work, and then go play. Do both hard. Also good on ya staying out of drugs. They're a big waste of time and too dangerous.

As for dealing with your mother, I can tell her opinion matters much to you. It's unclear to me what specifically she is angry about; the time you spend at the gym or the grades. Whichever one, or both, talk with her and work on a compromise together.

Also my favorite lift would have to be ATG squats.

She just has very high expectations on you. Be a good son and honor your parents, you owe them everything.

>I see physical fitness and development as important as education
There is no way these are anywhere at the same level. You can get healthy in a few months, and you can get Veeky Forums in like two years. Education, however, takes much more time. Not only because it takes dozens of years, but also because it requires several hours from every single day. There's also how you don't need to be a muscle machine if you want to be successful in life, but you probably need education if you are not very lucky.

I could go on, how can you think going to the gym is as important as graduating, what the fuck

>speaking english as a second language makes you immune to criticism
we speak english here, and people must conform. you can both fuck off to niuchan

You're going to university soon, right? Drugs, partying, drinking, casual sex, the temptation is much greater when you move out. First semester of university needs to be taken seriously, expectation is not "all above C" but "straight As" because classes get harder each passing semester.

weighted dips

I can see you missed where this
>I wouldn't sacrifice your grades over the gym though. Finish your work, and then go play.

and
>Work hard at both, becoming a balanced individual will benefit you greatly.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Cool, great. I wasn't clear. The main worry isn't the criticism, but it lacking some form of reply pertaining to OP's post.

Would you argue that OP's English is so unformed that you and the others were unable to understand their question or concern?

If you don't get straight A's in your first semester at uni, quit.
Uni is meant for the top 90th percentile (in terms of either intellect or wealth). Average people would be better off taking up a skilled trade than wasting their money and time on a pipe dream career path.

it's incorrect nonetheless, whether I managed to understand what he meant or not.
By the way you give off strong aspie vibes, you write like a middle schooler with a thesaurus

None of this supports your argument.
By the way, you've resorted to insults.

You got the dynamics wrong buddy.
I initially stated that he can be criticised for his ineloquence despite being a non native speaker and you went off on a tangent trying to defend him.
There's literally no counterargument to what I said, you dumb faggot. I don't give a shit if you're an untutored angolan with an iq of 60, if you say that 2 + 2 equals 5 I have the right to criticize your claim. Same goes if you misuse a word, I don't give a fuck if it's your sixth language. You're damn right I'll resort to insults, if you're a stupid fuck you shall be called a stupid fuck accordingly.

Ok, buddy.

This thread is proof that contrary to popular belief Italians actually make shit pasta.