Ask a bouncer anything

ask a bouncer anything about work and what ever. Also come to chill maybe if youre interested in it!

Height/weight?

How often do you have to get physically involved with people?

Ever been in a life or death situation?

I wasn't the fucking guy harassing that woman, stop trying to shove me out you faggot.

How much do you love slamming people into things when you carry them out?

no googling. Here's an easy one.
>What year was the Battle of Hastings?

6'3 280ish. College football player

>How often do you have to get physically involved with people?

Not often, i dont like getting unnessicary violent i would much rather talk them out of it by humor or flattery

>Ever been in a life or death situation?
some guys threaten to kill you or stab you but thats when you walk them out, some guy brought in a machete lol

Ahh I understand some bouncers will try to white knight women, I always try to give benifit of the doubt to men who just approach and maybe not get with her, the womens loss

>How much do you love slamming people into things when you carry them out?

i dont really Unless their spitting and yelling and acting crazy I dont like to hurt them it could escalate the situation

Do you go home after a long night of being a faggot turn on Roadhouse and jerk off till your dick is raw?

Hello bouncer bro. I remember you.

sept oct 1066,

I am a history major lol, main focus is Middle eastern stuff and hinduism

Good movie but id rather watch Lord of the rings or watch some paranormal videos or missing peoples videos

why are bouncers always so nice to me? I asked to use the atm inside to pay for cover, and it didnt work, so i went across the street to get cover money, they only took half the money and i got coat check for free due to the inconvenience.

also, i went to the bar with my credit card and health card, explaining that my drivers licence was expired. they told me to go get it anyway, so i cabbed back home quickly and came back. they then let me skip the line and get in without paying cover.

Hey Dude! Just figured I got out of classes and would make a thread. Kinda bored before i write my paper

i guess i should ask what about someone makes a bouncer super accommodating

Well youre always going to get a mixed crowd with bouncers, some are looking for fights and doing shady stuff, others just do it for the money and because it suits them.

Usually if they know youre not destroyed when you come in and beligerent 9/10 they will be patient and let you skip shit and do your own thing. Ive done that when a group of guys cant pay cover and I know theyre good guys I just say theyre with me and the get it and buy drinks and have a good time

and we can tell if youre good, if you look super drunk or are loud and eyeballing bouncer and trying to impress girls we might be a little less lenient but If youre cool and normal its all good!

>I am a history major lol
aw fuck, I was doomed from the start

1)
Ok, have there ever been any guys that you let in the bar and thought "Yeah, this dude is cool... he's going to get so much pussy tonight." ?

What is that guy like and how can I be more like him?

2)
Same question, but the inverse. Tell me about a real dipshit that you knew was going to be bothering women. How can I be LESS like that guy?

>question 1

They usually come with a women or a small group of male friends, not too drunk but a good buzz. And they come in all heights 5'5-6-7 ive seen it, and they look all different but they dress look well and are fit. But its their ability just to continue a conversation and make the women laugh and tease her a little and eventually just sit with her and spend the night with her. The best way to be like him would dont take yourself to serious because you will get shut down, even by uglier women and just have a good time.

The big thing is, is to not get your self worth from the opinions and rejections of women but from your accomplishments

>question 2

The best thing is to know when shes not interested, ive seen really good looking dudes get shut down and keep persisting and i need to ask them to leave her alone, i always give guys a little leeway because they have it harder and i will wait until it is time, but the way not to be like him is be really drunk, sloppy and unkempt

>they dress look well and are fit.
>The big thing is, is to not get your self worth from the opinions and rejections of women but from your accomplishments

fuck. thanks anyway ;_;

Fuck I love Sandshrew.

What's your favourite pokemon?

whats up?

by dressing well i mean some tapered jeans with some desert boots, chuck taylors, redwings. And a shirt that shows off your arms and chest and maybe some braclet or necklace. You dont need to blow 500$ on some fashion

and by fit i mean for normie standards. Arms and chest big and beard and haircut is kempt

I believe you can do so much better than the guys at my bar desu you just gotta believe and have that goal. But you can do better than the goal because if your goal is just to look good at a bar its not a good goal

Bellosm, or jumpluff

i love grass/poison/ice

theres so much pokemon i love but it has to be those two

Do you have vip people you have to take care of, people who order expensive bottles ?
I saw one dude spending like crazy and bouncers just circled him like instant vip zone whereever he goes, whats up with that ? You make him spend more?

>Do you have vip people you have to take care of, people who order expensive bottles ?

yeah we do they get their own seciton with a bouncer to make sure nobody gets it.

And they probably circled him so nobody would mess with him because he was important.

most of the time theyre good guys looking to have fun but sometimes they are real jerks and think of you as their own personal lapdogs and look down on you and others club goers

How did you get your job? How would you advise someone to break into bouncing? What footwear do you use while working?

Thanks. Im a dentist student and there was our colege party last year,sort of, and some people were drunk. One dude was hyped up to fight a bouncer for some reason.
I shit you not he was like hamster compared to 2x2 bouncer.
>got teeth punched out,thrown out
>bouncer comes back and says, hes lucky so many dentist are here, someone go patch him up
Couldnt stop laughing all night

Why u choose lowtier brainlet job, cant get in actual security or police?

I got it because guys on my football team worked there and he hooked me up. I would wear grippy shoes because of the floor will be slippery and ive ate shit and brought down some girl and almost ripped out her pony tail. I would just ask around some countries have security agencies that will train you and give you the right credits for the job and post you there

Lol yeah guys try to fight you to impress their gf or girls and it sucks when they punch you out of nowhere but hes lucky nothing happened to him that would be worse

>hes lucky so many dentist are here, someone go patch him up

lol, you do develop a weird sense of humour when dealing with people

Just a part time college gig on weekends

Do these people who go there to fight/instigate it train any martial art or lift? or are they just drunk shits trying to prove something?

Also, which martial art would you recommend to be used for self-defense on clubs and bars?

do you carry any kind of weapon?

how much are you paid and for how many hours a week?

>Do these people who go there to fight/instigate it train any martial art or lift

ive seen some that can bob and weave but I just kek because some guys I work with are disgusting beasts when it comes to fighting and grappling and have knocked out guys my size and bigger while I just kek on the side.

Most of the time they try to prove something to girls and girlfriends

some girl just came up to me and started talking about my job and school and some random asked if i was bothering her and she threw her drink in his face and i just laughed

I would recomend boxing, wrestling and some locks for wrists. But if you can avoid fights in a club its best just walk away because you dont want your night ruined. Unless its a last resort

nope, only me.

15$/ hour and usually 10-15 hours a week depending if i stay or come early for prep

Lol'd heartily.

>"Not often, i dont like getting unnessicary violent i would much rather talk them out of it by humor or flattery"
are you a Charisma build?

lol, that and strength I would say.

if a group of guys comes in and I know will cause trouble ill ask them how their night is and what theyre dirnking and ill tell them how the women here are prudes and dont put out and are ugly and the club down the street has the best meat and we just got swamp donkeys.

usually works or if a girl is going through some weird emotional shit about her self worth I try to cheer her up and make her feel like she is better than the women here and that usually works.

Why would you work as a bouncer? All it takes is one guy crazy and angry enough to stab you. No amount of muscles is going to save you from a well placed stab.

Not OP, but I think a well placed anything can kill you. The point of being a bouncer is being someone capable of stopping something like that

I guess im good at it and its fun to work with great people and your right about being stabbed but I dont let that get to me, we shouldent fear the what ifs to stop us from doing something fun or potentially dangerous job.

and this, you can tell weird weight in their pocket hands behind their back when coming up to you, standing oddly close to you. Carrying hands in pocket. And theres lots of us so if someone does look suspicious we always go in pairs and one in fron and one behind so incase we do see something we bring them down

Is this some kind of a Reddit now? What the hell?

How do you just come here and say a well placed anything can kill you? Are you stupid? A bouncer is not going to win against somebody with a knife, maybe he can take him down with him, but he is going down if the guy with the knife isn't 100% retarded (like in movies).

No, the point of a bouncer is to give the impression of security.
A bouncer can't do shit against somebody that has an actual criminal intent.

dont forget their skin color is a big indicator too

Yes, if they are small time criminals you can deal with them because of your frame. But that's not the point. All it takes one guy that has literally nothing to lose, and is used to killing people, and you are out for good.
It's not about a mindset, this is just a fact. You don't have eyes in your back, even if you see somebody 1 quick stab is enough to get rid of you.

Why do people think they will have a chance against somebody who isn't retarded with a knife lol

thats true yeah you win some you lose some lol

mostly white club so black and browns dont usually come in

I bounced highschool parties my senior year and would get paid 50$ and pocket about 300$ for about 4 hours of work
is it as easy to do this professionally?

They work in teams. Good bouncers cooperate and watch each other's backs so things don't get out of control.

I never did it but I worked in a moving company with a lot of guys who were bouncers. Many funny stories from those bros.

i would do it as apart time gig for some money, some places may want you for their highups like a body guard and you can make quite good money.

Did you ever have a boss that was stronger than you? Like , where you felt that he could kick your ass?
Or are your clients generally weaker than yourself in terms of combat ability?

it could happen anywhere, why would some psycho come specifically to a club to stab a bouncer? are you afraid of going shopping and shit?

>Did you ever have a boss that was stronger than you? Like , where you felt that he could kick your ass?

oh yeah some MMA guy came in that was 6'10 and 360ish and huge, could easily whoop me. But i would give it all, but alot of the big guys that come in that know how to fight and are tough have nothing to prove and are totally great guys and will talk to you.Plus other boxers that ahve been doing it for 30 years and guys that have been street fighters
Most people are weaker than me because the generally are and because theyre extremely drunk

How do you keep out blacks? My college town was really segregated and the good bars refused to let guys in without collared shirts. If the base eventually got too dark, they'd just shut down and reopen in a few months under a new name.

we dont they just dont choose to come in and go to their own bar, if they do they act normal like most people

Whats the average size of bouncers, I'm currently looking for some part time evening work because Im in pharmschool 9-5 most days and im broke. Im 6ft and 185lb and I feel thats too small to get work

>be semi drunk
>1:45 AM
>trip on dance floor
>bouncer kicks me out in the freezing cold weather and I have to wait 15 minutes for my friends to come out of the bar

defend this

ours is from 5'6-6-8, and the smaller guys are tough and knock out guys my size, size is not everything its the ability to judge and be patient and communicate with people but it does help but youre fine

I can there are some asshole bouncers he probably thought you were drunk and fell over and walked you out because you can be a liability to the bar if youre that drunk. Ive done the same thing he has ive seen some guy just fall over and i polietly walked him out to a cab and we paid for it

Another bouncer bro from good ol Belfast. AMA

Wear 3+ inch lift to look extra intimidating

On average how many drunk idiots do you deal with a night?