/fast/ #99 - Self-loathing Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY
youtu.be/--eAzQC3RRE?t=5m44s
soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.ch27.htm
soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

poorfag here
Currently living hard times, I need to start water fasting out of necessity. Will water really be enough to survive some days without food? I don't have money to buy vitamins/supplements and all that stuff and I'm worried about nutritional deficiencies/sudden death.

First for OMAD

The rule of thumb is 3500 calories in a pound of fat, so you're looking at 140000 you need to burn. Hypothetically if your daily maintenance was 2400 calories, you'd be looking at about 58 days of fasting to lose the 40lbs. In reality it varies a fuckload.

Guys just started OMAD last week but I'm still a little confused on this snake juice shit, is it necessary and some thing I should mix on my own? Or can I drink other liquids as a substitute?

Guess i'll repost it
Damn man , idk why i'm afraid af.
How many days do you think it will take ? 20 ? 30 ?

58 days.. wow seem like a lot.

Am fasting for about 2 months now and I've got great results. However my shits have become a horror. They're rock hard and hurt like hell, it has come so far that I'm bleeding out of my ass. No fun user.
Do you have any advice for me? I'm already drinking a lot of water.

You do not need snake juce for OMAD. It's for longer fasts.

Milk might help, although you'd technically be breaking your fast.

snake juice always gives my liquid shits.

Last thread plus a bunch of reading convinced me to give this a shot. I generally only eat breakfast and a light lunch anyway, so it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to extend that downtime. Currently down 2 coffees and about a gallon and a half of water a day, which I'm planning to maintain.

24 hours in as of the time I'm typing this post, which is nothing I know, but still kind of cool that I haven't really felt hungry yet.

5'11" 310lb fatfuck who's behind a desk 15 hours a day with a leg injury trying to drop some of that joint-crushing blubber before it fucks my leg even worse. I walk everywhere right now so there's a base level of activity at least.

Planning to go a week for starters to see how much of a disruption it will cause to work. Should I look into picking up a multivitamin or this snakejuice shit I keep seeing referenced, or is a week reasonable to do without supplementation?

Ideally I'd like to end up around 220, but I don't really expect to be able to bullrush my way through several months my first go.

Sorry for blog, and thanks for the info so far.

Are you drinking enough water?

I lose about 2-3 lbs per day.
It's come down to about 1 pound every 11-12 hours or so.

Currently 94 hours into my current fast, down 7.8lbs this morning and it's fair to assume I'll be down at least two more tomorrow.

Day 1 - 3lbs
Day 2 - 2.6lbs
Day 3 - 2.2lbs

This is consistent with the 2 other fasts I've attempted, about 2 or 3 lbs a day.

The ONLY time this hasn't been the case was during fast 2, I lost .2lbs one day and .3lbs the next. No idea why, I was clean, didn't cheat, the weight just didn't come off.

I think so. Im 139lbs and drinking .5 gallons at least

thanks, I will try it during my eating window

kek

I'm the inverse, even when I try reducing my snake juice intake, I still have permanent liquid shits.

It's actually almost froth/foam coming out of me, it smells like old asian men's breathe.

>Autophagy kicks in ~5 days into (water) fasts
>Dry fasting is better for autophagy
>Dry fasting past 3 days not recommended

What is this? Does autophagy kick in within the first day of dry fasting or what?

"Until I'm happier with my appearance"
Don't really have/want a goal weight, just get slimmer so I can dirty bulk and lift.

Currently at 238lbs, down from 254lbs when I started learning about fasting.

I'll add that I'm not in a rush though and the three fasts I've done have been wildly experimental. I've fucked around a lot with refeeding on shit food to test what happens. Turns out I get uncontrollable shits no matter what I refeed on.

I'm waiting until I get my own place to properly fast and document the entire process with photos, notes, etc.. to share my journey.

>How many did you loosed
lost about 15lbs but it's not enough for me. Looking forward to lose another 10lbs to see my abs. I'm a small guy, 5'4 in case you're wondering

Autophagy is always constant in humans.
When MICE were studied, autophagy increased by 300% after 24hrs of fasting, 330% after 48hrs.

It seems the general consensus is that there isn't enough human research out there to refute the above numbers.

Going to try this, as a lardass is it better to just not eat at all until im not a lardass, or should I still regularly have a meal

Yes, 3 days is fine with no vitamins.

I don’t want to lose any (considerable) weight, I just want to cut away some chub on the torso. Will intermittent fasting be enough with a TDI of 2500?

5’10 175lbs reporting

I'm coming off a three day fast and ate something high in sodium, my right foot only is swollen really badly. This has never happened to me before and slightly unrelated i have a pcl injury on my right knee. Does anyone have a clue what this is?

What snake juice recipe do you guys use?

How much do you drink each day, and how often?

Because the tard that made the OP has the recipe wrong.

It's 1tsp of each per liter MAX. This is for fucking athletes.

I tried 3/4tsp per liter for a day and it was still too much, eventually finding 1/2tsp was drinkable throughout the entire day without overloading me with salts and drying me out and not really needing regular water.

You have to adjust this for your activity levels, and snake man even says this in every video.

Provided you don't feel like dying (hunger =/= dying) yes you should be able to fast all the way down to a desired weight.

Lightheaded, brutal headaches, heart problems, etc... are your warning signs, just listen to your body.

Snake Juice, sip throughout the day, 1L is plenty for me personally in a day, you should experiment.

1tsp NoSalt
1tsp Pink Salt
1L of water

Snake Potions, not mandatory, helps gut heatlh and kidneys, take them as shots for breakfast. Yes, they are fucking horrible. DO NOT mix these into your juice for teeth health reasons.

Potion 1
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar w/ mother
.5 tsp of baking soda

Potion 2
6 tbsp organic lemon juice through a straw, rinse immediately, heavy acid fucks your teeth.

>1tsp NoSalt
>1tsp Pink Salt
>1L of water

Fucking retard.

I'm dying to hear what the problem is with my post.
This is my source: youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

youtu.be/--eAzQC3RRE?t=5m44s

>try fasting
>get constipated

fuck you, you should warn people about this first.

When I fast I shit literally everything out. Finishing up day 3 rn and probably just took the last little small plop shit. All peeing out my butt from here on out.

>implying there's anything to poop

you aren't supposed to eat you dummy

what do i do about my swollen foot as a result from sodium.

I imagine you're referring to about 6:50 in the video? Otherwise you'd be smart enough to quote me the exact time I'm hoping.

He mentions 1.5 tsp nosalt and 1.5tsp in 2L of water. These numbers are blatantly different from his other video. Neither of us are wrong but if calling me a fucking retard helps you sleep at night, go for it.

Regardless, he continually pushes to listen to your body and adjust for yourself, these are just starting points. I listed what works for me, and even then it's plenty. Half the days I don't even finish my liter. As I also said, you should experiment.

If calling people names makes you feel better and you're just looking for someone to attack, lay it on me, but he's giving two different sets of numbers to his audience. Bottom line, figure it out for yourself.

who is going to do Fast February?
just waterfast for the whole month. we can hold hands and tell each other not to be pussies until we make it.

Alright fast help me out
>weigh self on electronic scale #1
>107 lbs
>weigh self on electronic scale #2
>112 lbs
>weight self on physical scale
>107 lbs
How much do I weigh?

pls be a twink

Any anons have advice for how to fast when you live with somebody? I can get away with OMAD, but my wife bitches if I don't eat dinner with her.

Your fasting meme completely consumed the fat in my buttocks and left me with pancake ass.
How the fuck do I fix this bullshit.

how do i get rid of this horrible acetone keto breath, also my tongue has almost turned completely white.
almost 2 weeks into my fast and i brush my teeth everyday and try to scrape the crap off my tongue but it wont go away

>He mentions 1.5 tsp nosalt and 1.5tsp in 2L of water.
... as a starting point, implying you'll probably need to go lower. Followed by saying 2 at the absolute max.

>m-muh feelings
Welcome to Veeky Forums faggot, no one cares about your feelings. It's why we're always on the bleeding edge. No one has to worry about anyone else's feelings or nicities. If someone says some dumb shit, you call them a fucking retard and correct them. The whole community advances and that's that.

Squats.

I think that 3500cal/pound of fat number is based on pure fat, which body fat is not. Human fat has loads of other shit including water in it.

>getting angry that a source is sending a conflicting message.
I'll say it for him... you're being a fucking retard.
Move on.

my manboobs reduced drastically after a week and a half of 16/8 fasting
almost completely gone

thanks /fast/

Yeah, that's part of why it's just a rule of thumb and I said it varies a lot.

OMAD at dinner?

> as a starting point, implying you'll probably need to go lower.

What part of "Works for me personally, you should experiment" aren't you absorbing. That is quite literally exactly what I've written.

If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, pick a topic. Do not respond to this trying to argue the same point I'm arguing though. We are on the same page...

what does excess sodium have to do with you're fasting

I do that now, but I want to do an extended fast.

I use electronic and usually weigh myself three times and average it.

If the weight is identical for the first two, I don't do a third.

If you need to know exactly, go to a doctor. It literally does not matter and is only useful for tracking progress so just use the same scale at the same time.

You're detoxing through your tongue, this is something that happens.

The breathe is just something you live with now, I have yet to find a solution.

im on day 29. the last few days ive been getting kinda nauseous today was the worst by far.
I'm trying to go for 40 but if this isn't better tomorrow im breaking.
I read that you should chug water and then make your self vomit i did that nothing funny maybe some flem in the water.
I also just chugged some very salty water. only half of what was suggested to give my self the runs and flush out any of the toxins that are stuck in there.
those were the best suggestions the web had.
What are your thoughts bois?

Day 3 and going for day 4. Been losing weight like crazy. 2-3 pounds a day. Last time I did 2+2 days. Looking to do a whole week in February.

Water

What to do about fat soluble vitamins like vit D of you're going on an extended gast? Just take like 50% more your daily amount than one usually would?

doctor uses the physical scale

>detoxing through your tongue

Lol no. Your body isn’t forcing toxins through a muscle in your mouth. The best explanation I’ve heard had to do with the tongue being used to having to regrow skin daily after being bombarded with all the shit we put in our mouths. But when your not putting shit in your mouth, the tongue keeps growing.

fat soluble vitamins get stored in your body fat, so if you supplement externally aswell, you should cover your daily needs.

Just listen to your body.
You've made so much progress it might not be the worst thing in the world to reset.
Hell I broke my first 5 day fast with a pound of wings, large fries, two cans of diet pop, and still lost .6lbs that day. Immediately went back into my next fast.

You obviously have the willpower, don't hurt yourself over pride though.

Literally the first result of the first google search: "If these people fasted for 2 or 3 days on distilled water, their “Magic Mirror” tongue would tell them plainly that they are carrying a horrible mass of fermenting poison inside of their intestines. A few days of fasting will coat the tongue with a thick, white, toxic material that has a strong odor. This whitish coating can be scraped off and examined. In fact, you can spoon-scrape and brush the tongue clean but, in a few hours, the coating usually returns. This is an indication of the amount of putrefying toxic filth, mucus and poisons that are accumulated in the body’s cells that are now being eliminated from the inside surface of the stomach, intestines, organs and from all parts the entire body. This is one of the cleansing miracles of fasting."
Don't "Lol no." me when you came here for help. It might not be the only reason your tongue is white, but it is one of the reasons your tongue is white.

I didn’t come here for help you nigger. I came here to give help, and not bro science like you. Your body obviously isn’t pushing toxins out of a muscle and into your mouth. So what you can swallow the toxins again? Use some fucking logic you mongoloid.
If you look at actually researched sources the answer is we don’t know. And it really doesn’t matter.

>asks question about how to get rid of bad breath and states his white tongue won't go away
>offer solution that's spread over the web
>gets angry because it's not what he's looking for

Brush your teeth and then go fuck your own face.

.5 gallons of water is way too little when fasting. It's even too little when you aren't fasting.

I didn’t ask the question about bad breath.
I just corrected your broscience stated as fact.

Does not mater how much do you really weight, what matters is to track the changes. Take the one you like more and use it as reference, put the other off. A better way to keep track of your fat loss is to mesure your waist at belly bottom level with a tailor tape if you are a male (if you are a female, your waist is the narrow point between the ribs and the hips, and also you need to mesure your hips in the broader point). Pics also may help.

Often you will see no changes in the scale, but you may loss like 1 cm or 2. That way you know that you are lossing fat. If your weigh go down but your tape show no changes, yor are lossin muscle.

The scale can and will lie to you, the tape can not.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Honestly everywhere I'm looking other than sites like Quora is aligned.

>THE TONGUE AND BREATH
>These are interesting studies during a fast. The tongue becomes heavily coated in almost every instance (I have seen five or six exceptions) and remains so throughout the fast, gradually clearing up, beginning at the edges and the point, until, when hunger returns, it is clean.

>The breath becomes very foul and remains so during most of the fast, gradually becoming less so as the work of purification proceeds, until, with the return of hunger, it is sweet and clean. The more foul is a man's body, the more foul will be his breath and the more heavily coated his tongue.

Source: soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.ch27.htm

Fantastic resource actually, full link here: soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm

Have had a "bump" inside my eyebrow for the longest time, has always felt like a very deep pimple. Have tried scratching it, squeezing it, trying to find a head with no success.

5 days in and it's gone.
It's literally just gone.

I wish I had more to say, but this is magical.

Go to a food bank

alright lads, having my last meal tonight. Starting tomorrow I'm starting my fast, aiming for a week to start

Godspeed, senpai

>Go on a cut
>Immediately lose delts and lats
>Stomach fat still remains

Should I just give up on getting a six pack?

how the fuck do you lift while fasting?

after squats im lightheaded af

>squats
>he actually fell for the meme

> a b w h e e l
> b
> w
> h
> e
> e
> l

It will be easier if you can start right now.
Skip the last meal.
1) You'll be that many hours already into your fast, huge head start.
2) Eating before bed makes you more hungry in the morning.
3) I've never felt hunger during sleep, it's a free 8 hours you get pumped into your fast without realizing you're fasting.

same trouble just got done deadlifting and i felt like death

f0ck, update. weighed myself tonight to know my starting weight. 180. gained 10 fucking pounds in las vegas and I feel like a complete fatass. Haven't been this heavy in ~4 years

Will fasting actually work if I stick with it? I'm just really fucking hating myself right now. I actually got pretty fucking fit after basic training and then came home to my reserve unit and became stereotypical fat reservist meme

haha, I faint every time I try to stand up when I'm fasting longer than a day

Tell me, how I into your dirty OMAD ways? Looking to lose about 20 pounds.

are those abs?
you working out or muscle was always there just covered in layers of fat?

The hardest sell I have is "try it".
Even in the first 24 hours, you'll drop at least a pound or two, I dropped three.

The weight FALLS off you, and you sound like you already know how to get in shape, so just start bring in 24/48hr fasts while you're being physical.

The thing people are scared of is hunger. You are either, "I could eat..." or "Fuck I'm hungry..." There are no higher levels of hunger than that. You get used to it, it comes in waves, and there are genuinely times where I'm feeling good and do not want to eat.

Start right now, watch Snake Diet on youtube the rest of the night as you learn, and tomorrow you can head out and grab your salts. You'll already be almost 12 hours into your first fast at that point, and probably already down .5 or 1lb for doing fucking nothing, easy.

Yup. Snake juice is only required for fasts of 3 days and greater. Doesn't apply if you're doing OMAD (which is still a good idea by the way).

>58 days.. wow seem like a lot.

Sure, but it probably took years of overeating to build up that 40 pounds. I do sypathise, I really do, since I've got 40KG to shift (89lb), but I've been gradually building up my fasting since November and I'm already a quarter of the way to my goal.

The sooner you start the sooner you finish.

Why are you fasting at 139? How tall are you?
Pics?

see

Is it safe to fast every other day? like if I eat normally one day then the next don't eat anything but water and vitamins?

The big thing I'm worried about is I've always heard that you gain weight back fast from fasting.

I don't really have a problem with hunger, I mainly just start eating because I'm fucking bored.

Following ur advice and skipping dinner tonight. Might as well get started now. Just wished I'd thought to look into fasting sooner, I was ~155 after basic training and could have easily dropped to 140 if I'd found out about this. Now I'm up to 180 so I've got a much longer road ahead of me.

129 is low even for 5'4", I'm 5'5"
Did you start out just fat with no muscle?

Very.

OMEOD One meal every other day.
Lots of people do it.

>The big thing I'm worried about is I've always heard that you gain weight back fast from fasting.

You gained weight back without fasting...
Everyone gains weight back after any diet because they use it as a diet when really it needs to be a lifestyle change.

If you work in regular fasts, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to maintain whatever weight you want.

Yeah but that's because I got really depressed for awhile and started eating like a pig :^(

What I was referring to was how I heard something about your metabolism basically shutting down because your body is in starvation mode and is trying to rapidly recover lost energy.

Or does taking the proper vitamins and such prevent that?

Or is that all just BS?