Bench press is so fucking hard for us lanklets

Bench press is so fucking hard for us lanklets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vnj61UnedtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every thing is, but it all worth it when we make it.

squats is 10x more cancer.
>6'3 and long femurs
I had to get squat shoes with really high inserts just to be able to squat to parallel without lumbar rounding. fucking cancer.

I had to give up squatting because my hip sockets won’t allow me to squat deep without pulling my hip flexors.

Also use dumbells to bench now, which I love because my left pec has become so much more full, and I’m making fast progress, as fast as I should have with the barbell whereas I got stuck at 145x5 for a month and I’m already doing 55’s with a dumbell no problem.

I have to try to squat now since I shelled out like 100 euro for those shoes, and since the leg press at my gym is garbage and I don't want chicken legs. I've been stalling on bench press for a while now too around 200 5x5, I just wanna hit that 225 5x5 and then start moving to incline dumbbell as main movement to grow more, but the weight just won't go up as I get closer

how high of a heel?
been trying to find the right pair as i have the same problem as you.

this

femurs are longer than my torso, squatting is lower back holocaust

What's wrong with you guys? I'm 6'2 and squat 265 lbs ass to grass in these. I cant even come close to touching my hands behind my back. I think you guys just need more practice with your form.

I'm 6'4, my max is 2pl8 and I feel that my lower back is bottlenecking my legs which could push out a lot more. With any more than that I just can't hold it and fall forwards. Do shoes actually help? They are quite a big investment for me.

Im talking squats obv

6'2" is not tall, normie

is 135x8 on bench gud if ur 6'3

been working out 3 months

kg or lbs?

lbs

stone

Kek
British people complain about Americans having a wonky system but they still use that stone shit

Check those fucking digits

>96th percentile is not tall
We don't all have 180 IQ at 7''13 height with a 29 inch dick

If I was 6'2" I would have no problem with any exercise. You just wanna be part of the club.

It is. but we can put on more muscle than manlets in the long run.

I hate this same problem, when I ego-lift on the leg press I can move crazy weight but when I'm doing actual squats my back feels like it's going to start launching vertebrae across the gym before my quads are anywhere near their zone

Bench press and squats*

Deadlifts are kinda easy with 6'2 tho, I started with 120 kg.

I had the same problem, the guys in the /plg/ threads helped me a lot, the secret to squat better as a lanklet is actually pretty obvious:
>Legs on shoulder length
>Look on the floor, not straight, not above, on the floor, the weight WILL feel easier

I wasn't able to squat 120 kg for more than once. With that I barely have problems to squat 130 kg even with long femur.

Why not just squat with less ROM? Seems better than giving it up altogether.

That's literally everyone in the world

Strengthen your core

Are you like actually a tall person or are you just a manlet on stilts?
I’m 5”11 and I’m taller while sitting down than some of my 6+” friends. Long legs and a shot torso is the worst abomination imaginable.

Not true, depends on your genetics, program, diet, and grit. I'm 6'5" 220ish and can bench 2 plates for 10 reps and 300 lbs for a touch and go 1rm after 3.5 months of lifting natty. My goal is to bench 3 plates before my buddy does and he's been lifting for a while (were neck and neck). I CAN'T let him beat me to it. I fucked around with push ups and machines for a month or so that I don't count, but 1st day benching I put up 185x5 and 205x1 at 195 lbs bodyweight, and my buddy who's been lifting for a few years put up 285 (he's 6'0, 180). I don't squat or diddly due to a herniated disc that flares up every time I try but I still hit legs on machines for reps and they are proportional to my upper body. You just have to try harder, stay motivated, and eat like a grizzly bear trying to gain mass for hibernation. Hell, I been on GOMAD for 3.5 months straight and lifting 6-7 days a week and my abs are MORE visible at 220 than they were at 190. Just live a high-test lifestyle and stay positive no matter what. Be self motivating and put 100% effort on all lifts, rest, and do it again. Every set I attempt is one that I'm not sure I'll complete, but I always fight for those last reps. You have to force your body to grow. Listen to heavy metal, fuck anything that not intense. You don't need supplements or steroids, just change your mindset and way of life and you'll make it.

what the fuck. i can only bench 135 lbs for 10 reps and ive been lifting for 3 months as well. couldnt even bench the bar when i started though. how did u do it?

lol'd

That's still great progress. Keep at it, but go for that 11th and 12th and 13th rep next time. If you fail then punish yourself by doing 2 more sets. Go to the guy in your gym with the biggest bench and ask him for advice and a form check. That's what I did. Push harder, be mad at the weight, try to throw that 135 to the celieing each rep. You're done with it, now do the same thing with 155 and so on till you fail. Punish yourself with more sets and keep going. Do at least 100 pushups broken up throught the day. Bench at least twice a week and try to max every week. Think about it when you wake up all the way until you go to sleep. Think about all those other guys at your gym repping 2 plates and how weak it makes you feel. Fuck them, rep 3 plates to get revenge. Just fucking go for it with determination. Don't get cucked by the weight. Take as long as you need in between sets, just make sure you bench the fucking weight.

8month in
Yesterday did 253 lbs bench (115kg)
Squat 308 (140)
Dlift 407 (185)
Im 229 lbs
Just train the proper techinque ns warmup and flex weak points.
From where i look the length is advantage specially at bench.
You rly think u have any chance of making it if you quit compound moves because you dont learn them in month or two?
I usually laught at other tall people ar gym who are skinny af and look like they bout to snap in half while doing girls weights. Looks like there is more of you

I tried squatting 3 times and it just felt wrong so I stopped. Bench is more challenging but I still did 225lbs 5x5 after 6 months from skinny mode. Started outlifting 90% of the gym. Fucking manlets can bench 3x easier because less leverage and less movement required, yet theyre all weak.

>10 reps with 220lbs after 3 and a half months
Wanna explain to me what you get out of lying on an anonymous image board?

Nice LARP, Post Pics to prove us wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=Vnj61UnedtI

Took just for you guys. Currently bloated at 229 lbs from finishing my gallon of whole milk today.

excuse for what? it's a fact that someone with long femurs is at a mechanical disadvantage in the squat

those guys usually tend to be deadliftchads though, look at Wierzbicki he has a 250lb gap between his world class deadlift and his middle of the pack squat

It think his point was to say that people tend to find excuses to never do one exercise because it's harder than the others.
I have a long femur too, I'm also great in deadlifts but suck in squats, but I still squat twice a week to progress in them. Just because I have a difference of 70 kg between both exercises doesn't mean I should stop, that just mean I must eat more and train constantly.

Retract the scaps. Back and down.

e-stats, you look like you can rep 1pl8 at most

>(You)

he's right though, no pec development on that dyel

You either did some physically intense sport before, are on test or some sort of shitty chemistry or are just flat out lying about the time you've been working out.
I started off skinny, benching 40kg and it took me 6 months of gomad, peanuts, whey powder and BCAA to get to 225lbs 5x5. And on top I have great genetics and a 6'7 arm span which makes benching even more of a challenge.

TL;Dr you're a fucking larper

I'm a tricep dominant bencher, I put my pinkies on the grip line when everyone else I know grips far wider. My chest width seems narrow for my height, so when I grip too wide I can't fully incorporate my lats into the lift. I've tested different benching techniques and I found what works for my leverages. I've done sports in school but never took anything too seriously, didnt lift and was a lot weaker back then and felt like my true potential was "suppressed" while living at home by my parents. Now than I'm in control of what I eat and what I do with my free time I feel a lot more test pumping through my veins, 100% natty. An average day of eating for me is a gallon of whole milk spread throughout the day, 6 whole eggs in an omelette with a fistful of cheese and 1 whole avocado seasonned with cayanne pepper, meat (usually 12 chicken wings/ 1lb ground beef/ 2 chicken breasts/ 1lb pulled pork ect.), big bowl of oats with nutmeg and brown sugar, 3 cups rice/bread/potatoes/pasta, whey protein with a scoop of raw cocoa powder, 1 clove of raw garlic, 1 whole pomegranate, whole bag of sunflower seeds, small dark salad/broccoli, multivitamin, fiber gummies, red wine, and whatever other snacks I come across. I train hard as possible and as frequently as I can every time unless I'm injured, sleep more than 8 hrs a day, and don't let ANYTHING stress me out at all or it's not worth my time. Fap once a week or so and have sex once or twice a week on top of that. High-test lifestyle yields results.

OWO is that a bulge I see

>7'13" and 29"
Classic hyperbole
>180 iq
This is the average for /fit

>salty weakling
kek

Being a lanket sucks. 3 years of lifting gave me almost no results. I decided to start roiding and 6 months later people actually can tell I lift. I've gained more in 6 months roiding than in 3 years natty.

tell me about it. I also have a disproportionately large wingspan on top of being tall. I can almost touch my knees without having to bend my hips at all.

Sorry to tell you this but you are actually a gorilla

>be 6'4
>heaviest bench (215) than anyone at my gym

cope, manlets

>215 bench
DYEL Planet Fitness goer?

I fucking hate when tall people try to say its harder for them to lift. Literally all the strongest people in the world are 6'3+. You're not weak because you're tall. You're weak because you're a pussy. Do you actually believe that being smaller somehow increases your strength? If you think someone is stronger than you because they're 5'9, then logically a person 5'4 is even stronger until the logical conclusion is that a person 1" tall would be the strongest person on earth by a factor of 10. Does that actually sound reasonable that the smaller someone gets, the easier lifting heavy weights is? Holy shit. Weak ass pussies.

my gym just opened like 4 months ago

6'2" classic lanklet here. Long wingspan and femurs, short torso.

Long limbs don't give you a free pass to be a pussy. Maybe a form adjustment is needed or maybe turn off your inflated ego and lower the weight on the bar.

gorillas have thick arms

I have a pair of long twigs

wow that's like a *lot*

how are you training for mr olympia?

typical fraud talk+excuses to avoid the topic when called out for e-statting lmao
preparing for a shilling career despite your shit physique I see

Am 6'8 with normal proportions,
1/2/3/3.
squeet only 3pl8 cause sports injury (yes basketball lmao_lanklet.jpeg)

dont have back problems (yet) and i have full ROM on all excerisises. feelsgoodman

I find it much easier on the smith machine, I'm actually making some progress