Eat 300-500 Cal above maintenance

>eat 300-500 Cal above maintenance
>Follow starting strength routine from sticky exactly
>Fight to increase weight every other workout
>Just cannot increase by 5lbs on benches without failing on the 3rd or 4th rep
>Months go by
>Almost zero muscle gain
>Now I'm skinnyfat

I have literally no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm 150lbs. now (I'm short) And I'm eating 1500 Cal. a day to try and lose the fat I gained so I can try again with a different routine. What did I do wrong?
No sugary shit, no soda, no chips, cakes only on my birthday, chicken and protein powder is most of what I ate. Help me bros

>he fell for the ss meme

What was your protein intake daily?

When I first started lifting I did ss for like 3-4months. When I hit that 1plate range. I switch to 5x5 madcow.

You're skinny you're beginner gains will be minimal. You need more volume.

Do 10 reps with weight you can handle then up the weight and do 8 reps but try to get to 10. Thats how i got most of my gains

keep lifting i lifted for a year before i looked like i lifted to people who didn't know me

>You're skinny
I'm 5'6. 150 isn't skinny for me.

I can bench 1 45lbs plate and squat 180

Why did you eat 300-500 above main without actually tracking everything?

I ate 200 kcal above main, tracked everything, only eat a tiny bit more if I didnt gain some weight. Lift on a strength mixed with hypertrophy routine and gained lean mass.

Your routine doesnt mean shit if your diet isnt great. You need to track everything and take it very slow during a bulk, bulking right is harder than cutting.

SS is a meme, PPL is what you should have done

>sub 200lbs as a man
bro skinny fat is still skinny.

Bump

I'm 5'6" dude, that's darn near thicc

I tracked Cal and protein

You weren't eating enough. 1500 calories isn't BMR for someone your size. If you're trying to gain a pound a week you should have been eating twice that. The second your body got any food in it, the food was stored as fat. Eat literally twice as much, lift 3 times a week, and you'll be fine.

>Just cannot increase by 5lbs on benches
YOU'RE NOT DOING THE PROGRAM

t. sub-3pl8 squat dyels

if you're doing SS, you should be just plain fat by now :/

5'8" 202lbs (172cm 92kg) BMI i am obese
probably around 20% body fat

get on a mass gainer protein, lots of eggs, carbs, broccoli, brown rice, chicken.

i got on a sus 250 cycle 2ml a week for 10 weeks and put on 5kg and only half way through the cycle

Which PPL?

Well you fell for a meme routine.. Forget about strength. If you cant add weight add reps every workout. Do drop sets you WILL get stronger this way

>i got on a sus 250 cycle 2ml a week for 10 weeks and put on 5kg and only half way through the cycle
I have no idea what that means

No, you misunderstood, I was eating 2500 Cal. Now I'm fat. I changed to 1500 to cut away the fat.

How will dropsets help me? What routine should I do it with?

sustanon 250 (steroid synthetic testosterone) 2ml injected per week. 10 week cycle so 10 injections and i am at week 5 now having gained 5kg of muscle in 5 weeks