Stop doing monkey shit

We are not monkeys. Stop swinging from bars. Stop doing pullups and pulldowns. We are no longer monkey apes. Our lats are there for pulling shit off the ground or a bit above shoulder height. We do not swing from trees, and no, we are not meant to climb up cliffs either.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrpbOUglg7o&t=442s
youtube.com/watch?v=WJXtu9F9K0g&t=162s
youtube.com/watch?v=5QDRzmjXj7c
youtube.com/watch?v=WKIUt34wEZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>We are not monkeys
We are apes.

apes->humans

What is this autism?
>monkies eat fruits
>therefore we humans their third closest relative should not eat fruits

>"I am a fat fuck and am jealous of people who can do cool bodyweight things."

no no no. This is autism at a level you cannot comprehend.

So both apes and humans eat food. I am not saying don't do anything apes do.

What I am saying is that apes swing from trees. Humans, we are land animals, we are bipedal. We walk on the ground.

you are jealous of apes who can do pullups in their sleep

apes->swing on trees->humans->come down from trees->gym people->go back to swining on trees

No they cannot, apes have the same inbuilt muscular inhibitions as us during sleep, to prevent them from acting out movements they are dreaming about. And you can be dang sure they dream of pull-ups because they do them a lot!

What are your thoughts on swimming OP.

Should I never enter a building with more than one floor? Should I stop swimming too? Never take an airplane? How far does this extend?

ok this is real autism

I don't think my autism has anything to do with facts about ape sleeping habits!

humans are mostly water. We must live near water, and therefore do water-based activities. In fact, people should do more water-based exercise.

We're still in the Hominidae family.

Humans are apes retard

>Should I never enter a building with more than one floor?
Ideally not, but it is unavoidable.
>Never take an airplane?
Not ideal either.

no we are homo sapien sapiens. apes are an ancestor of ours.

I fucking love you bro

Now to further my claim, I will now introduce athlene x for credibility.

Notice his best row for lats:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrpbOUglg7o&t=442s

Is ground based. I can confirm it works lats more than any other exercise. Although, it usually yanks down on pec minor so I wouldn't do it.

Anyway, and his other video:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJXtu9F9K0g&t=162s

my new favourite back exercise is what it is called, and it is also not a pullup or pulldown.

All his favourite lat exercises are ground based rows or straight up pulldowns that don't go overhead.

uhu.

>birds are mostly water. They must live near water, and therefore do water-based activities

we can eat fish, they cannot.

well the ones that don't eat fish. They dont need to swim because they fly.

birds fly to get fish, we have to do some kind of swimming motion to either get water-based animals or get over to the other side of deep rivers.

"The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, includes three extant species of orangutans and their subspecies, two extant species of gorillas and their subspecies, two extant species of chimpanzees and their subspecies, and one extant species of humans in a single extant subspecies with several geographic populations.[1][a][2][3]"

well now if you said we are hominids you would be correct, but you said we are apes.

someone can't do pullups

C O P E

not true

We don't need to swim either

I think we do, haven't you see survivor? You swim out and spear fish.

We have tools for that
Fish rods and nets

mmm... they seem a little advanced for the majority of our evolution.

I've seen them spear but standing on their feet on knee height water. Never seen it while swimming

Gee op, you sure convinced me. I'm sorry you can only lift a bunch of arbitrary weights while being too much of a fatass to do anything with the strength. I bet you hate grapes too.

nope low bf.

Koba pls go and stay go. I'm tired of you.

Stop doing animal shit. We are not animals. Stop using your body parts to do things. Stop lifting heavy objects on your own. We are no longer dumb animals. Our brains are there for creating tools or machines to lift shit above shoulder height. We do not live in the wild, and no, we are not meant to have strong muscles either.

as opposed to walking on air?

we came down from the trees and adapted to ground-based living, including walking on two feet.

t. 300lb perma bulk fag who can't even lift himself off the ground

Our brains weren't really supposed to create advanced machines unfortunately. They have been to our detriment.

You win the award for most retarded thread of the day

What about sandniggers who live in the desert who also want to get swole?

why is that

we did not have advanced machines to lift things during the millions of years of our evolution. That is only a recent thing that we have not adapted to, and why we all have terrible health.

My topic is related to an event that is at the very start of being human. The transition from tree-based life to ground-based life.

They become like the Fremen, wiry and resilient.

Humans are mostly water and carbon. Trees are mostly water and carbon. Therefore I must climb amongst the trees.

>nigger
>not a monkey
What dis he mean by this?

Niggers need to climb over fences and walls when they want to steal shit, same for when they runaway fast from a crime scene.

Fences were probably uncommon in ancient times, plus the way you jump a fence is usually like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=5QDRzmjXj7c

which is a jump and a row, not a pullup.

top post of the day. its early but congrats so far

Apes aren't land animals? nDamn, never knew they were marine.
Guess that's where all the fatties get their 'aquatic ape' theory from

The vast majority of birds does not eat fish
t. biologist

There's no such thing as a living ancestor. We have common ancestors with other apes.

There's no such thing as "more evolved" either. Every living species is as evolved as every other living species.

>Birds don't eat fish
Are you genuinely retarded or have you never set a foot near the ocean ?

You are not showing your intelligence by being pedantic. You know what I meant and chose to pretend otherwise.

Corrected in next post. Thought he was referring to birds that don't eat fish or something. Pedantic != intelligence.

That ancestor is an ape.

somehow you didn't read next post. Too eager to win.

Kys cherry picking faggot. If the wall was high you would need to jump up, grab the top and pull yourself up.

Also r u telling me high walls and fences are a new invention?

Humans are mostly water. Bleach is mostly water. Therfore. We are bleach. Drink the bleach.

Eagles eat fish and don't swim

>Also r u telling me high walls and fences are a new invention?
yes

We haven't adapted to anything since we're the humans we are today. Evolution doesn't happen within a couple thousand or ten thousand years

During the million years of evolution, we were hunter gatherers and did not require land protection or management. Once villages and so on came about, if they were fortified, they were not at a jumping height, and would not be jumped by the nigger.

Correct, we have not adapted to modern life, hence all my arguments are related to ancient life, 50,000 years a

>The family Hominidae (hominids), the great apes, includes...
Hominids is the scientific name for great apes

Fallacious appeal to nature: the thread.

Stop breathing then if you don't like the appeal of nature.

>He doesn't know the difference between vertical pulling and horizontal pulling

Humans are classified as great apes.

Appeal to nature fallacies are, for example:

you can eat arsenic because it is natural.

My argument is not like that. The point of training in a gym is to mimic ancient physical activity. We only even have gyms due to modern life creating sedentary lifestyles. The best training works according to the way our body is supposed to move.

I can add more depth to the argument, but it will always be limited by scientific knowledge, and is not as good as simply figuring out what we used to do.

The other arguments are this:

>pulldowns and pullups have a strong emphasis on the pec minor, a muscle that causes postural issues when it is tight
>the arm position of pullups and pulldowns are very close to jamming the shoulder. see athlene x video about shoulder press to see why your elbows should be out in front, not to the sides
>pullups emphasize the lats, an internal rotator, a muscle that causes various postural issues, without also working the traps and so on sufficiently
>humans have more stability and power when their feet are on the ground

yes I do, the whole point of this thread being that vertical pulling (very vertical) is inferior to horizontal pulling. Go back to school.

>t. a booty-blasted "powerlifter" who's upset someone called him out for not being able to do a pullup
rethink yourself, peak performance is wide lats

why does it bother you so much that people like to swing on bars

very nice, forearms are lagging, delts.

get a wrist roller

it doesn't bother me what you do.

how is that arm movement when you walk? does your arm swing inwards?

I have never seen someone with good lats who left out pullups
also climbing is fun as fuck you fat shit

that is because they are in every cookie cutter workout and that is all people do

fuck off I'm gonna do some Pullups because of you

not me sadly, someone i saved from CBT a long time ago

Humans have long ago surpassed the primitive 'needs' of our ancestors. We do shit just because we want to. Just because it looks cool.
Deal with it, pseudo-science fedoramancer

>Our brains weren't really supposed to create advanced machines unfortunatel
Strange how they ended up doing that, then

Wait until the nukes hit and we return to ancient life. My body will be ready for hunting and building, yours will be ready for swinging on trees.

well we didn't get smarter due to a need to create advanced machines. They came about due to competitive forces, but ultimately will destroy us in the robot wars.

>My body will be ready for hunting and building
>he thinks a body that requires lifting heavy barbells and eating 3000+ calories is gonna be better at surviving than someone who eats way less and trains simple shit like moving his own bodyweight
laffin

pretty sure that athlean video is about OHP, I don't know if it still applies to pull ups and pulldowns. It definitely makes sense to apply it, but still. For instance this video. THose guys spend a lot of time doing movements that "jam" the shoulder
youtube.com/watch?v=WKIUt34wEZw

>We are not monkeys
Correct. we are apes.

>We are no longer monkey apes.
We never were. We are great apes.

>Our lats are there for
Whatever we use them for. Nature does not have a purpose beyond what you make of it.

>We do not swing from trees
Speak for yourself.

>We are not meant to climb up cliffs either.
Neither are we meant not to.

Personally I prefer to be able to pull myself out of a tight situation. Apparently your goals are to be a less capable man. That's cool. I advise you to avoid ever leaving the ground.

t. 0 pullups

We'll see

nah not the same movement. iron cross or whatever is not going up above head and down, rubbing all the ligaments in shoulder etc.

>Personally I prefer to be able to pull myself out of a tight situation. Apparently your goals are to be a less capable man. That's cool. I advise you to avoid ever leaving the ground.
I can do pullups if I have to. Still have lats as rows work lats, incline rowing works lats better than any pullup.

I've met people with dorito backs that did nothing but pullups

All your posts come off autistic as fuck

... And that changed, right?

>we are apes
only if you're negroid

Wtf

Correct, do the old Greek Pentathlon instead.

Great arguments man, go to all military training units and tell them how you are smarter than them and think they should remove all pullup workouts...you are absolutely delusional