/fast/ #100 - I want to die edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleevo.net/branched-chain-amino-acids/
leangains.com/early-morning-fasted-training/
youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5vZMFV79Y
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are BCAAs necessary when working out in a fasted state? I read somewhere that If I work out at 6am, I should be taking 10g BCAA approx. 15 minutes before lifting. Apparently it says I should be taking 10g BCAA at both 8am and 10am, eating my first meal at 12pm. Is this correct/worth doing? Wouldn’t taking BCAAs break my fast?

I've fasted for five days can I now eat takeaway fries today and gorge myself then return to fasting tomorrow?

I am russia, sorry poor and English
Why obsess breakfast? Every one ask questions here "how do I breakfast"

I'm going try out fasting because honestly I don't eat alot and I've got a good amount fat on myself that hasn't moved in 8 years.

What are some foods or drinks you can have while in the fasting window? I know water, coffee, and tea are in the clear but what else?

What brand of keto sticks/strips do you recommend?

>water
No.

>coffee
No

>tea
No.

You can drink snake juice or nothing.

>Fights cancer
>Prevents and cures type 2 diabetes
>Fights dimensia, autism and other mental diseases
>Prevents and cures obesity, including childhood obesity
>Improves the immune system
>Gets rid of loose skin
>Lowers your cravings for unhealthy food
>Increases HGH secretion naturally
>Makes your skin healthier and makes you look younger
>Extends lifespan
>Allows you to stay at a healthy weight
>Saves you time and money
Sounds good, but what's the catch?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Checked!!!!!

Sure, you can, but what would be the point. You would gain temporary pleasure while simultaneously undermining the gains you've made the previous week.

Sorry, that's an English anachronism.

We actually mean Break our Fast (which is what "Breakfast" actually means), comes from an earlier time when we were mostly farmers and would eat nothing from the evening meal at around sunset to the following morning just before sunrise.

In the context of fasting it means the first meal after our fast has completed.

Is that a sufficient explanation?

>snake juice
The fuck is snake juice?

Fuck this guy.

Tea is fine as long as it is unsweetened and taken without milk, cream or anything else.

Green tea helps digestion (even if you're not eating and can calm some of the feelings of not eating).

Pepermint Tea and Lapsong Souchong are my personal favourites.

Avoid tea mixtures (like lemon tea) and anything you pour from a packet since its usually processed to have all sorts of added shit including sugar / artificial sweeteners.

On the coffee front, there is a continuous debate about this, but coffee has other advantages during fasting and promotes wakefulness, so as long as its black and unsweetened I think it's okay.

Others disagree.

>The fuck is snake juice?

My personal preference, some object to the multivitamins and say other bits will break ketosis, but I've been in permanent deep ketosis for more than a month (as confirmed by my keto sticks), so what the fuck do they know.

Snake Juice recipe:
===================
1 litre of water
1 teaspoon of "NoSalt" (mix of salt and potassium)
1 teaspoon of pink salt
1 teaspoon of cayenne

Take separately in single shot Daily mixed with water:
======================================================
2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon of lemon juice

Vitamins and Supplements:
=========================
Glucosamine Sulphate 500mg & Vitamin C 12mg tablet
Cod Liver Oil 550mg tablet
Vitamin B Complex tablet
4 x 120 Multi-vitamins + iron tablets

BCAAs are just protein supplements
It will not only break the fast, it won't help as much as an actual meal with fats and carbs.

muscleevo.net/branched-chain-amino-acids/

Snake juice should be sipped gradually throughout the day and specifically during Ghrelin wave peaks (a mild grumbling in your stomach).

Snake juice is not necessary for any fasts less than 3 days, but increasingly necessary after that.

You should always finish your full litre of snake juice before you go to bed, try to pace yourself so that it lasts that long.

It's normal for your libido to drop 101% while fasting, right?

awful #100th thread

I remember that one bodybuilder bought his gf a vibrator because he was dickless during his cut and a raging fuck machine the rest of the time.

Them's the breaks kid.

Thank you! I drink hot tea straight up with nothing added anyway. I'll try to get into drinking black coffee since I don't need the sugars....

I'll do the snake juice though I'm not that much of an active person. I saw Snake Diet channel on youtube about Snake Juice and he said a liter of it could last two days.

I'll try that.

no yummy foods
even if not hungry thinking of yummy foods

wait you're supposed to drink it gradually?
does anyone know if its dangerous to drink a whole liter within like a 30 minute window? will it fuck your stomach up drinking it that fast?

Some people find the solution too strong and it either makes them sick or gives them watery and stinking diarrhea (smells like the bilges of a ship that hasn't been to sea in a while)

If so either dilute further or reduce the dosage of the salt.

Are you going to post this every thread?

How long are you fasting? Even on my week-long fasts I am hornier than ever.

Lmao nice meme XD

You will have massive diarrhea. If you just did that, then you’ve got about four minutes before you shut yourself.

>Are you going to post this every thread?
Yes, and keep adding to it when we find out new things fasting does

I suppose you could, but I personally would be sick as a dog or suffer from explosive diarrhea (probably both).

The reason I advise sipping it through the day is that it helps with the Ghrelin waves which come periodically in tune with your circadian rhythm.

Your call really as long as the litre mix is consumed by the end of the day.

oh.

This could vary.
My first fast was 5 days, I refed on a lb of really saucy wings, fries, garlic dip, and diet pop.
I STILL lost .6lbs the next day.

Now, also with that said, I did it a second time and gained slightly.

I'm sure this is a case of "try it yourself and see" but I was pretty blown away at how much I ate and still managed to lose half a pound.

I had instant liquid shits 20 minutes after my first bite, but I still enjoyed the meal and hopped right back into more fasting.

I'm starting OMAD keto tomorrow guys.
Wish me luck.

Good. I already saved a screenshot and will show it to anyone that questions my fasting

Overthinking.
They all do the same thing.

Apart from the fake ones which automatically turn purple on contact with liquid.

I started a fast yesterday for the first time in a while. Today I woke up, took magnesium and iodine, and started vomiting. Getting your potassium really is important.

Who, would ever, recommend something like that to you?

Buy some, piss on them.
If they turn purple 5 hours into your fast, they are "fake".
You should only be getting readings 30-48 hours into it if you're going in fresh.

I do get bad heartburn up my throat if something doesn't agree with me.

But again, I won't rely solely on the snake juice, I'll only drink like maybe 8-16oz/day for electrolytes. I'll do tea, black coffee and water to change it up.

Apparently ketone bodies should begin to show up in a day or so, but after a week or three ketones should not show up or show very little.
Because the body is then able to use ketones.

Liquids are important, in total (snake juice excluded) you should be drinking about 1.5 litres of water a day (including both liquid water and unsweetened black tea / coffee).

The liquid keeps your kidneys functioning during the fasting period and helps the ketosis process (given I drink 1.5litres of water and urinate less than a cupful ketosis seems to have a very heavy water requirement).

privet ivan

Poor college fatass here, I don't have the resources to make snake juice but I want to not be a fatass anymore. Will I lose sufficient weight by doing 3-day fasts and eating lightly/exercising on the inbetween?

>I had instant liquid shits 20 minutes after my first bite
in a prev thread the instant shits were explained. when you start to eat your body releases water into your intestines in order to flush out the poop and make room for the food that will be entering then leaving the stomach into the intestines. normally your poop would absorb this water and function as normal. because the body has been fasting there is no poop to absorb the water and so the water just comes out as liquid shit.
that's the simplified version of it anyway

have I been rused?

leangains.com/early-morning-fasted-training/

Yes, I read something similar after it happened and understand.

Curious though because when I ate the same thing a second time, this time after a 4 day fast, nothing happened. Had a normal shit a few hours afterwards.

Yes, you will experience weight loss, especially if you follow a regimen of one meal every 3 days. It all depends on the results you want. How exactly are table salt and salt substitute out of your budget though? Surely you would save enough money by fasting to afford the materials for snake juice. Or are you a third world fag?

You can afford food but can’t afford a $5 container of NoSalt? Stop making excuses fat ass.

Today I break my fast it's day 30 and I keep getting nausea. I'm going to leave work early and gets some fruit/veg juice. Make a broth and slowly start referring over the next few days. Didn't make it the 40 days but I lost over 45 pounds these last 30 days and about 65 since christmas. I'm gonna do 5:2 OMAD hopefully throwing longer fasts in. I've learned slot and I can't wait to start lifting. I'll post some progress pics later. Thanks bros for all the help. We're all going to make it.
T. Fatfuck

why can't you make snake juice, does your local store not have any sort of potassium/sodium salt? you said college so i assume american, if thats the case no salt should be pretty readily avaliable.

Why don't you start now? It is like you're asking to not make it.

I just have parents that aren't really giving and a schedule that doesn't afford me to work part-time, so usually I live off of this meal plan I have and hope for the best. I'm also admittedly autistic about putting effort into things(why I'm a fatass in the first place) and wouldn't really know where to get some materials, travel is also an issue too with my car out of commision.

Congrats, user. You're going to make it. Don't feel bad about not going for 40. 30 days is a fucking triumph. Post progress pics if you have them.

Make sure it's bone broth. You don't want anything too rich, just nice and thin so it is easily digestable.

Stop being a lil bitch, fattie. If you can afford to get fat, you can afford some fucking salts. If you wanted it, you would get it, you lazy sack of shit.

I basically have 10 bucks to my name and as I said in previous replies I'm admittedly autistic about where to get some materials. Like, I can understand the the salt and potassium but then all these vitamins and otherwise in the mix are throwing me for a slight loop.

that's great, 30 days isn't easy so don't beat yourself up for not getting to 40 and don't let it discourage you or halt your progress m8

You can easily buy some lite-salt off of Amazon to begin making snake juice. To be quite honest, you don't need to be eating at all if you really want to be losing weight efficiently, but I don't know the entirety of your life circumstances so I can't make particularly harsh judgement.

I just want the best for you. Stop eating.

30 days is huge user. 45 pounds is huge user. You’re gonna make it.

finishing my 48 hour snake juice fast in about an hour and a half, what should I eat fast bros, I'll probably do another at least 24 after so shill me something exceptional

There are literally no vitamins or anything that you need to buy. All of the vitamins and minerals you need are on your fat fucking gut. Please do a bare minimum amount of research before jumping into this endeavor. Cole has a video literally describing how to make snake juice if you're dirt porr.

Stop making excuses you fat fuck. One tsp of salt, one tsp of potassium (NoSalt) in a liter of water. Drink that liter and a lot of non snakejuice water everyday for the next two weeks. That’s it. It’s 1000x cheaper than eating shit food.

I've seen a few different recipes which is where my confusion is coming in, and also some fears about doing this healthily and not dying or fucking up my body. Is it really good enough to just have some water with lite-salt to stay healthy while I fast?

Would going on a water fast help me get over my cold faster?

Exceptionally well done user. Incredible effort going 30 days. Makes me feel weak by comparison.

You're making it.

We're all gonna make it.

All the insults are honestly great motivation, sorry for shitting up the thread with my dumb questions. Today's the day, bros, today's the day I stop being a fat fucking sack.

>Cole has a video literally describing how to make snake juice if you're dirt porr.

There's a bloody recipe for it here in this thread!

(You)

youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5vZMFV79Y

This is the video that is recommended the most to make snake juice. The reason that you drink it is that your body can produce/has stored everything you need in your fat gut already. Electrolytes are the only critical need that can only be received exogenously.

You won't die from not eating a week unless you have something genuinely majorly fucked up with you or your body. If you have ever actually done a hardcore fast, you'll finally come to understand that it really is the greatest method of losing weight.

I ate all keto-unfriendly food today.
Just got from the store and got supplements, eggs, bacon, pb, cheese and stuff.
A-am I doing it right?

He's a bit fucking shouty.

Like my old Gunny.

It would have been nice for you to a baseline amount of research beforehand, but we're all just trying to make it in here. I would say I'm proud of you for making this first step, but the actual hard part is sticking with it.

I would recommend joining the Snake Diet Motivation Facebook group. Mostly just old fat women, but it is a fairly motivating space.

Yup.
You take bcaas you aren't fasting.
You're just taking a minor protein supplement.

You're retarded.

Depends, some say nothing.. IMO if it's zero calorie it's fine. So like diet soda and whatever the fuck else you can think of... sugarless gum too i suppose.

Maybe, but I'm also fucking making it, so fuck you fat ass.

Height: 173cm / 5"8'
Weight at start: 116kg / 256 lbs
Current weight: 98kg / 216 lbs
Weight Lost: 18kg / 40lbs / 15.78% Body Weight
TDEE: 2,144
Calorific deficit: 1,997 per day
OMAW: 1,022 Calories (4 Lamb chops with gravy and ratatouille)
Current rate of loss: 2.1KG / 4.7lbs per week

I think the most wonderful thing you could do for yourself right now is to not worry about having access to all those keto foods.

Just start fasting. Please.

Don't be afraid of how your tummy will feel when it gets a little bit rumbly or when you have urges to eat high calorie foods.

All you need is snake juice and your fat gut.

If you really want to feel good about the food you just bought, cook a meal and invite your neighbors or give it away to someone who actually needs to eat.

Thanks for being so understanding, just put in a request to join and I'm gonna go run some errands and get my snake juice on.

if you want to look like me, mr big sexy, just stop eating and don't lift weights XDDDDD

/s

Can you stop avatarfagging you fucking retard?

Should you stop dryfasting if you develop a headache and/or lightheadedness? Gonna try to dryfast for the first 24-48 hours to drop into this fast as quick as possible.

Okey dokey.

were you born this retarded or did you happen to get involved in some catastrophical incident that led to the condition you are in now?

you fuckwit, you linked the wrong initial video. How fucking hard is it to copy paste properly?
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

So in other words: you have no idea. Why even post?

>photographic memory from autophagy gains

Had a good chuckle.

headache? no. lightheadedness? probably. Just drink some snake juice and see how you feel. Dry fasting doesnt get you into fast mode (its ketosis) any faster than drinking some fucking water with it.

Then why does snakeman advocate it?

he advocates it for different reasons you dipshit. you know what else he advocates? snake juice!

oh you are a weeb why am I not surprised

>get your chinese cartoons off my serious fitness board
I don't give 2 squirts of your mother's pussy juice what else he advocates for, should you stop a dryfast due to headache?

You edgelord teenagers need to put your reading glasses on and cut the fedora shit.

ONCE AND FOR ALL DOES DRINKING BLACK COFFEE BREAK MY FAST? SERIOUSLY FUCK ALL THESE YEARS AND I WAS NOT EVEN FASTING

I've been dieting normally on Keto for the last 6 months or so and have managed to lose 60lbs. Have gone from 225 to 165(I'm a 5'8" manlet), and about 15% Body fat. I want to get that down to 7-8% and have thought about after Friday doing a long fast to get there(I have been doing 16 hour fast, 8 hour eat windows every day but I read that's just a meme), but I'm autistically terrified of losing the little muscle I have accumulated through the last months of lifting.

Any tips/advice/what should I so? I read the thing in OP that says fasting is good about retaining muscle but I CANT BREAK THE CONDITIONING.

Coffee does not break your fast. It actually increases autophagy.

> should you stop a dryfast due to headache?
Nope, keep at it son. You will see the light soon enough.

48hr dry fast every other day with a days break in between until you reach your goal (Mon & Tue, Thu & Fri, etc)

It does, but the autophagy gains drop in hunger and metabolism boost are worth it.

Why?
When fasting coffee essentially tricks your body into thinking that it's eating something that's high energy and basically robs peter(your energy stores) to pay paul(your caloric needs).

Technically speaking. Coffee is negative calories.

Anons, I’m on day four of my second four day fast this month. I’ve been eating keto OMAD on the other days.
I was 211 on Jan 2nd. I’m 186 this morning. Fasting is fucking magic. I probably would have just stuck with OMAD if it wasn’t for the fact that I knew you faggots were able to go days without eating. And if you faggots could do it, I knew I could.
Thanks guys.

Is the same true for sugar free monster?

Don't listen to this guy. Snake juice is disgusting.

Wet your finger, put it in salt and potassium and lick it or put it under your tongue. Repeat multiple time a day. No need to make it a long and painful process of sipping piss-water throughout the day.

FUCK NO!

snake juice is fine you fat fuck, maybe if you wernt so sugar addicted you could drink it easier

Drinking 2 liters of piss water
vs
Fresh water and a bit of salt throughout the day

The results is the same. You do whatever you want.

Care to expand on that, professor?

Does intermittent fasting give any of the benefits that a water fast gives?

Can I lift and do intermittent fasting without losing my gains?

My goal is losing bodyfat and retaining muscle while lifting 5 times a week.