Are lentils god tier?

Are lentils god tier?

Yeap.

Comfiest meal atm for me, 200g lentils with raisins, whatever nuts I have, sliced avocado, soy sauce olive oil garlic powder the works.

Bread and cheese to up the cals if needed.

They're pretty dope. I like to make a big pot of em in just water (w/ a little salt) and for flavor pour in canned Thai green curry "soup" that's basically just a sauce.

I cook lentils and oats together and add in salsa and guacamole

>lentils and raisins

Honestly OP i cant stop eating them they just feel so good to eat like you are taking in earth's own essence

Bros share your lentil recipes?
How do I prepare them?
When I used to cook them even after rinsing, would get scum on top of the water!

>soy sauce
REEEEEEE

Simmer in pan with curry and onions for 45 mins.

t. not pajeet

I make them with onion, garlic, red bell pepper and carrot. Chicken and/or vegetable broth for the liquid.

A bit of hot sauce, fish sauce, sweet paprika, curry powder, cumin, and coriander. You can play around with that stuff.

If you want some meat in there use some bacon or pork sausage, it goes well.

ty boys

One big mistake I made a couple of times before realizing I was being retarded: don't cook them in the water you left them in overnight. It tastes like shit.

Yeah I learnt this one the hard way

>I make them with onion, garlic, red bell pepper and carrot.
same and it's god tier, you can prob throw in just about anything and it'll still be good

you don't really need to leave lentils soaking overnight either, they are not like beans and chickpeas

Truth, and honestly you don't even have to soak beans overnight. Bring them to a boil in salty water, turn the heat off and let em sit for an hour, change the water and cook em for real.

In definitely trying this bro. I usually just stick to beans but this is what I need. Any other lentils recipes or recommendations?

For cutting yes. For bulking no because they are so filling.

>lentils
>rice
>ground beef
>onions
>garlic
>black-pepper
>parsley

Great meal, you can also mess around with the seasoning for variety.

Try brown lentils with carrot (not much), onion, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and some herbs. Sautee onions and carrots and garlic in olive oil first then add lentils water and black pepper, boil until the water is absorbed and evaporated and the lentils are done, then add lemon juice and zest, mix and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, add chopped parsley and serve.

forgot: add salt either at the end or in the beginning, it doesn't matter. (If you boil chickpeas or beans you need to add salt at the end, but to lentils it doesn't make a difference.

I fucking love these things

1 glass red lentils
half a bell pepper, diced
1 small carrot, grated
Simmer in a pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients, add salt, pepper, marjoram, cumin, 1 pressed clove of garlic, wait until it cooks into an uniform paste (stir and add water if it starts to stick). Take off the fire, add 2 heaping tablespoons of smooth 100% peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of liquid fat to make it more moist (I use hemp oil for some omega 3s, but olive or milk thistle oil also works).

Mix it well, let it cool, spread on bread. I swear it tastes better than it looks on paper. My family went crazy for it.
(pic not mine but should look like this)

germanfag detected

no

you are comparing a fucking legume to an omniscient, omnipotent being

God isn't real user.

Leave,NOW!

Lentils with scorpion peppers to burn my ass going out.

>someone comments on my delusions, he must be le fedora man!
pathetic

They're good, but chickpeas are better, in my redditor opinion

>elmex toothpaste
my nigga

How do I cook and prep lentils?