Is Adderall a gains goblin?

Is Adderall a gains goblin?

>ADD since like first grafe
>Not even a meme I honestly can’t focus when I’m not on it
>Always been a dyel because appetite gets suppressed

Should I stop taking it and just try and do schoolwork without it? I’m trying to bulk right now and feel like I’m going over TDEE well enough, but still feel like I’d be eating more if I wasnt taking these pills

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2017/12/28/adderall-risks-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18416663
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ADD/ADHD doesn't exist, psychiatry is a pseudoscience, ADD was voted into existence in 1980.

- Amphetamines (Adderall) are neurotoxic drugs that are not proven to fix any neurological disease or malfunction
- The chemical imbalance hypothesis is completely unproven, there is no such thing as a test for a chemical imbalance of the brain.
- The psychiatric diagnostic process is completely non-scientific and highly subjective, you cannot get a physical test to prove whether or not someone has a mental illness
- Obviously crazy people exist, however none of the psychiatric labels are real. They are fabricated pseudo-scientific umbrella terms. Telling someone they have one of these labels (e.g. BPD, bipolar disorder, OCD) is as scientific as horoscopes

100 years from now current day psychiatric will be looked back on as a pseudoscience.

Great post. The field exists to sell drugs. Very sad that parents get fooled and put their kids on this stuff.

Fuck the public schools, fuck Big Pharma, fuck the Jews.

Thanks for answering my question. I don’t care what memes say, it’s noticeably hard for me to focus/concentrate on something when I don’t take them.

It's a stimulant, which increases dopamine activity. Fortunately, there's the natural alternative of eating metabolites and producing plenty.

amphetamines will catch up to you in a bad way. they make you feel like superman in the early stages. then you build a resistance. increase your dosage and it's great again. keep this up for a while and you'll eventually be taking them just to get back to your baseline energy and focus levels, and you can't legally be prescribed more. when you stop, you'll have withdrawal symptoms for weeks or months before you can function normally again.

not to mention you're socially awkward as fuck on a high dose, get irritable, have 0 appetite, are fucking up your brain permanently, and more. the long term negatives outweigh the short term positives of adderall and amphetamines.

t. took adderall daily for 2 years in my early 20s.

> it’s noticeably hard for me to focus/concentrate on something

Maybe because you constantly took speed since your were a little kid. That tends to make people dumb.

"not a meme, because i'm now addicted to amphetamines, and feel the withdrawals when i stop taking it, because i relied on amphetamines to even me out since i was in first grade, so i never learned to even myself out"

On a side note
user with serious concentration problems here (was already "diagnosed as a child, did some kind of therapy that made it better but still) what are teh best natural ways to learn to focus? I dont want ot be a druggie, but i still want to be able to focus on important tasks in life

Try meditative exercises. It's not that you can't focus, but you're not predisposed to it and need to work to improve it.

meditate. removes yourself from the 24/7 stimulation cycle that causes you to become "ADD".

this sounds all too familiar

>Instead of having discipline and hard work you blame your "symptons" on a made up disorder.
Laugh at this idiot

I dunno man, maybe?

With Ritalin, I didn't like working out while it was active in my system cause my heart felt like it was going to explode. It also suppressed my appetite. So, eating and working out had to be carefully scheduled with taking my daily doses. Was kind of a PITA, but you can work out in the evenings and shift your food intake so you eat more later in the day when it is worn off.

Ritalin was a mental gainz goblin tho. That shit threw me into depression so hard I had to taper off and I'm on anti-depressants now. I'm meeting with my psychiatrist Thursday, I want to tell her to fuck off with the ADD meds.

Practice.
Focus on something for 5 minutes at a time then get up and move around or rest for a minute.
Do it over and over again for an hour.
Double the time that you concentrate every week or so till you are up to twenty minutes.

>tell psychiatrist her to fuck off with the ADD meds
and then she'll give you depression meds. that's all psychiatrists do is spin the pill roulette wheel until you stop complaining.

Sorry you became dependent bro. Not your fault. Try to do your homework on Adderall and then take off days. In time your mental functioning on off days will improve. One day a week will become two will become three...take your time and don't let it fuck up your life. Nothing drastic like trying to quit cold turkey

See the depression meds I'm on board for. That is a real, tangible thing that I've noticed throughout my life and the last time I took anti-depressants, my life actually improved.

It's all the stimulant stuff I'm not too hot on. I can't imagine that it has any good long term effects.

Never blamed anything on a disorder. Just said that I have always had problems to focus, which doesn't mean I never worked hard in my life. Learn to read brainlet.

Strong placebo effect.

Try eating large meals before ingesting it. May help to eat before the Adderall sets in.

It suppresses appetite, it doesn't stop you from eating. If you're too much of a bitch to just EAT ANYWAYS, then it doesn't matter if you take it or not, you'll always be small. But you'll read this, ignore it, and blame Adderall. If you stop taking it, you'll blame something else.

bullshit

I'm 33 and have been on and off it for years. I wasn't put on until I was in my teens and just recently started taking it again a year ago.

Its not a matter of "lmao just work harder". Thats like telling someone with chronic depression to just stop being sad.

Its night and day difference on and off, and not just because of the stim aspect of it. I'm a hard worker, I guarantee I have way more discipline than all you faggots combined, and I am more than likely older and more experienced than you.

OP, yes its a gains goblin you have to work hard and be disciplined to get big.

I'm 6'4 220lbs @~12%bf starting from 175lbs when I was a boxer. Count calories and stick to them. Also intermittent fasting helps, as you can basically fast all day while you're on the addy, and then crush giant meals at night.

>33 years old
>boasting about your discipline and calling people faggots on a Chinese bamboo trading site

how much were you taking

If you're not hungry enough to make your macros just go for easy calories (McDonald's, peanut butter, ice cream, etc.).
What you do with it (use it how you're supposed to, abuse it, sell it, etc.) is up to you but go look up the price of pharmacy grade amphetamines without a prescription and realize how great it is (assuming your health insurance covers it) to have one.

You are a waste of space. 33 and still taking a child's ADD medication?
If i could kill you i would just on principal alone.

Currently prescribed dexamphetamines in australia and can confirm this to a certain degree.

Agree on:
- Amphets will catch up to you in a bad way
- Make you feel like superman when you first start taking them
- Build resistance quickly (3-4 weeks and you'll see yourself upping the dose at least double to see the same gains)
- Baseline is fucked because you feel like you need to take it to get there

Disagree on (to a certain extent)
- I don't become socially awkward on it, i use it recreationally sometimes to heighten the mood
- I don't become irritable unless im taking higher amounts, the thing is though i like everything done YESTERDAY and because my brain is working at such a higher RPM than everyone else and even for myself it can lead to frustration.
- It shouldn't fuck your brain permanently unless you a predisposed to a medical condition/take it every day or EOD at high doses/don't do exercise and don't eat properly to supplement the increase of output
- I don't have any negative effects from amphets (that i know of) from taking them so far. I think it's a very delicate balance however, you need to get your shit in order and SUPPLEMENT an already good routine, think of it like being a gym bro and having a shit diet but you have 2 protein shakes a day and think that will be all you need to get sick gainz.

>a child's add medication

Everything in that part of your sentence is wrong and if you think about it for a second...fucked up.

>mcdonalds

You just have to keep your tolerance low. Stim use is all about self care.

As long as you're doing (adjust for bodyweight etc.) 25mg or so of amphetamine (the best version of which is dextroamphetamine - dexedrine), and chase productivity/motivation rather than the euphoric come up (which goes away much faster than the functional aspects of the drug), you shouldn't build a tolerance.

Occasional and judicious use of (SMALL, 1/5 typical dose is probably fine) NMDA antagonists will do a great service in resetting your tolerance. While some might include memantine, dextromethorphan, plus mxe and k lel, even M A G N E S I U M can act as a partial NMDA antagonist.

So get a good diet, hydrate, take your vitamins, brush your teeth, combine with your favourite "soft stimulants" and get your ass to work.

Also take frequent days off (most doctors will not tell you to do this because they primarily prescribe things like SSRIS which need to accumulate for a while to be effective, unlike stimulants which are accute).

Even the dreaded M E T H gets a worse rap than it deserves. Used RESPONSIBLY, preferably as PRESCRIPTION Desoxyn (given for narcolepsy, obesity, and rarely ADHD), patients will NOT take a sufficient dose to agonize serotonin receptors. Only the DA and NE action of traditional stimulants is present in clinical doses. M E T H was legal in West Germany under the brand name Pervitin until 1986, and was used by the Wehrmacht, Bundeswehr, and Finns among others.

>speed is for kids
gr8 b8 m8

FP B phucking P
psychiatry is such a fucking meme
literally Jewish bs

One more addendum, stimulants are mostly only neurotoxic when youre SLEEP DEPRIVED. This is the big reason why recreational users chasing come up highs get tweaky twacked after going on multi day benders while good patients can sustain the same effective dose for years on end with no effective tolerance increase after a point.

Even meth is mostly bad for this reason. People smoke loads of ice and then do bizarre shit for days on end, because they can't sleep. Sleep deprivation is the leading cause of psychosis, even the "bath salts" phenomenon. People who don't do their own research and then abuse gas station MDPV are just looking for trouble.

Also while snorting Ritalin is better (in terms of maximizing effect vs supply) than eating it, there is NO REASON to snort amphetamine. It's extremely bioavailable orally which is a huge asset.

Irresponsible users and dumb kids ruin it for the rest of us.

>are fucking up your brain permanently,

Huh? How so? Give sources cause I'm calling bullshit.

This is the most recent "study" if you want to call it that that i've seen on amphetamines and the effects they have on your body.

slatestarcodex.com/2017/12/28/adderall-risks-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know/

He seems to agree with 90% of my conclusions towards the end and compares the additional health risk to an extra bacon strip per day.

My dad has been harping the "ADHD I'd pharma bullshit" line since I was a little kid, at least 10 years before I ever suspected I was a candidate for it. My dad is the most ADHD person I know, and yet he is too dogmatic to even consider this possibility.

Having said that it is really hard to gain weight on stimulants, but I've always been pretty small for my height and had a fairly poor appetite.

5'11, was 180 about four years ago, then dropped about 30 lbs without stims (not on purpose either :( set my gains back at least a year), with stims I am diligently trying to break the 160 mark. Hoping to grind to 190 eventually but it will probably take me multiple years.

I train fullbody 3-4/wk (powerlifting and Olympic variations, then back off bodybuilding work)

I walk about 50km/wk so it's hard to overeat my TDEE and not get bloated.

Jesus christ so untrue. My ADD has fucked up my life. Medication started way too late.
Yes, you can test for dopamine by testing catecholamines you fucking idiot; people with ADD do not produce enough and require additional dopamine-releasing medication or more concentration-based alternatives like methylphenidate. But remind me how you're more educated and intelligent than the doctors and neuroscientists who work in the field. Many doctors are opposed to Big Pharma, and not everyone in the psych field can even prescribe. ADD has had a looser definition as time has progressed but that doesn't mean it is not real; it is naming a real affliction of the brain. Drugs are overprescribed for it, granted. But that doesn't make them unwarranted for every case. School curriculums are not structured for kids who cannot pay attention and work methodically; if there was a better learning environment medication would be less necessary.
thanks4readingmybl0g

T H I S

How do I get a prescription for this? What do I tell my doctor?

Don't have learning problems but used to take this stuff in college and it turned me into a furnace of ambition. Also a good party drug and made me feel good

>chinese bamboo trading site

lmao

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18416663

gee which one should i believe? brain imaging result or virgin poster in singaporean chewing gum tasting board?

is this make you content with your life? parading around your idiocy?

inb4bigpharma

Start by looking at the DSM criteria for Inattentive or Hyperactive (ADHD-I or ADHD-H).

Then ask for Dexedrine because it doesn't have any of that (((levo))), and it's cheaper

OP never claimed he was sure he had a disorder you nigger

>patients will NOT take a sufficient dose to agonize serotonin receptors
does this mean the speed euphoria comes from serotonin?
will taking tryptophan help to get back that initial euphoria?
t.unironically taking stimulant for recreation

>increase your dosage and it's great again
this is what you did wrong you nigger junkie

Not unless you're doing 30-50mg or more of meth (without smoking or shooting), or a serotonin releaser like MDMA, 5APB, or MCAT.

The rush is primarily from norepinephrine (basically adrenaline) and dopamine (focus, coordination, and "reward").

Cocaine (and meth) are tricyclic, which means they affect SA, DA, and NE.

Ritalin (methylphenidate, biphentin, Concerta) is basically cocaine except for the lack of action on SA (which is why it's not as "bad" to use or even "abuse"). It's also more orally active than coke so you get more out of eating it.

Similarly, amphetamine does not act on serotonin either (just meth and MDMA)

If you're getting high for the rush try 5-MeO-DMT or dissos and then stop ruining yourself with beyond-functional stim usage lmao

hahaha good one chewing gum is illegal in singapur

Lmfao I didn't even notice

your (You)s gave me dopamine hit

>One more addendum, stimulants are mostly only neurotoxic when youre SLEEP DEPRIVED
tfw taking drug that is combination of stimulant and depressant in the morning so i get full 8 hour sleep every night

Which is that, lad?

I like stimulants in the morning and downers in the evening (usually weed, occasionally gabapentin or half a klonopin as well, and kratom sparingly).

Upper/downer life is the classic poly drug lifestyle.

PEA + GABA = phenibut
not many people realize it's a stimulant
also once you understand it's a stimulant it's laughably easy to circumvent the come down and withdrawal
plus it releases HGH, legal etc

You're just a drug addict that's why you feel like your life is better on it. Your anecdote of drug dependency in no way proves adhd is a real disorder.

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on anti-depressants? I'm currently on Bubproprion

I'm on 5 - 10mgs a day of Adderall. It's fucking nothing. Obviously it's going to be an issue if you are on a high amount and lack the self control to not abuse them. Not the case here. I'm more addicted to Veeky Forums than I've ever been to Adderall. Protips
>stay hydrated
>eat
>don't chronically masturbate
If you follow those instructions the crash/come off will be nowhere near as bad. In fact I don't even notice mine anymore. It just gently wears off.

Ahh yes, I tried Phenibut a couple of times, it's pretty cool. Do you like lifting on it?

If you like "subtle" stimulants, Bromantane may be worth looking into. Seems to affect your endogenous DA system rather than agonize or inhibit reuptake. I did a small trial (with one gram) and thought it was promising. Also combines well with small and functional doses of other stimulants lel

How do I get this stuff without a prescription?

see

That would involve talking to a doctor and getting a prescription.

yup bromantane upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase
so phenibut (PEA) + tyrosine + bromantane supposedly will keep you tweaked all the time
maybe i will try brom in the future, currently i only take phenibut + tyrosine
also phenibut is mono amine + amino acid, it's such a simple effective natural molecule for the body it gives me a more relieve on the neurotoxicity risk, i even read a couple papers that mention it as neuroprotective agent
people are repulsed because of the comedown and withdrawal and rapid DA depletion that they misunderstood as tolerance, take enough tyrosine and all solved
it's also have gabapentinoid effect which reduce short term memory and a little retarded while on it

the HGH effect is real
i pretty much just don't bother lifting now unless i take phenibut that day kek

>phenibut
tonight I realized that this is a legitimate drug. spent 3 hours rolling around on the floor totally incapacitated on 5g. careful bros.

Makes sense, it's the same reason why benzos and thienodiazepines are found to be neuroprotective in stimulant users (and that they promote sleep)

Shit we should make a /stim/ general

>tfw literally no comedown from my daily dose of 20mg XR that I take during the week
Feels good man, still have an appetite and everything

Loved reading your posts here. Very informative. Stick around a while! Thank you.

Ah yeah, adderall thread. Good shit, I’ve been on the powder since 2013-ish, started with 2-FMA from research chemical vendors back when it was way easier to source stuff and it was awesome. 2fma is basically adderall but with a touch less euphoria, though when I started out it was plenty euphoric for me :^)

Since then, 2fma became a lot harder to find and I mainly stuck to darknet speed for my amp fix. That was good at first too, there was a particular vendor who was known for his amazing speed powder that was basically comparable to pharmaceutical adderall, but after Traderoute and the other big boy name markets went down, he disappeared with them and all the amp I’ve gotten since then is utter SHIT. Shitty dutch speed paste where you have to take 100mg to even feel it and by that point you’re already experiencing hella tachycardia and horrible side effects from god knows what reagents are left over in their fuckawful synthesis. It’s been real bad and recently after a 3-day binge which was basically me going crazy just trying to feel the high a little bit, I swore off darknet speed until further notice. But thank god, I happened to get an invite to the best RC vendor out there and am now waiting on some 2fma in the mail. Hopefully it’s not just my tolerance, and I’m about to get back to the old days of plugging 40mg of powder, taking a nice watery shit and texting like a madman as it hits me rapidly, and heading to the library to grind studying for a few hours. Hail stims

>tfw Canadian
>tfw never had the opportunity to score 2fma

Feels bad man

thanks bro but 5g is kinda retarded dose desu

/stim/ is the /steroid/ for the brain
dopamine is the testosterone of the brain

dude you have no idea
every time i go to catalog i search for this kind of thread, i'm giddy writing all this info i have
will keep refreshing until thread gets archived

As far as it being a gains goblin.......yeah. I’d say definitely. Amph completely obliterates appetite, and not only that but despite pushing through and eating anyway on it, I’ve found that my gains still seem to melt away regardless as an almost direct effect of the drug. I suspect it probably has some dramatic effects on the pancreas/liver/something which plays with insulin and etc. which makes you metabolize differently, and just plain old not absorb nutrients to a normal degree. My eyes usually have dark purple bags under them and I feel weak after a day of heavy dosing, which I try not to overdo; as others have said, don’t do it daily, I always stuck to a schedule of 2 nonconsecutive days a week, historically Tues/Thurs or just every Sunday. Makes waking up from the saturday partying and sunday scaries a lot more bearable, since while everyone else is nursing their hangovers, watching football and noshing on junk food, I’m getting up, getting at it, and getting shit done for the week ahead of time.

On top of that, and I suspect this is in large part due to the horrible quality no-name speed pastes I’ve consumed regularly over the years rather than the drug itself, but I’m sure it doesn’t help. My heart feels weird, like hard in my chest, makes it feel tight and restricting especially when working it hard like during cardio. I got a physical recently and doc says my bloodwork looks perfect except for low vitamin D, but then again I work inside all day; I’m going to the cardiologist on friday to get an echocardiogram and see for sure what if any damage I’ve done.

But honestly if I’m ok, I absolutely plan on continuing to tweak my dosage and keep using it. Amphetamine, next to weed and psychedelics like LSD, is one of the most amazing and useful psychoactive substances I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve done them all more or less. It’s easy to go overboard for sure, you really gotta flex your self control...

...and be honest with yourself once you start testing the upper ranges of dosing, because it gets really ugly really quick if you push it, and amphetamine is superbly abusable, it keeps delivering effects-wise the more you take so you just gotta put your foot down when it’s late and you’ve already redosed a couple times. And getting quality gear is incredibly, immensely important. Shit quality speed is absolutely useless and does nothing but make you manic and spun out and wanting to take more to get the effect you want. With good stuff, you can at least have the reference points necessary to dial in your optimal usage patterns and establish (semi) healthy routines.

I think amp has truly raised my quality of life overall though. I’ve had some dark times but at the end of the day it isn’t some evil chemical, it’s just a drug, like all other ones. It’s made me 10x more sociable whereas in the past I was shy and unable to focus well, which isn’t necessarily always a bad thing but it’s nice to be able to crush that problem chemically so you can more readily network and work, to facilitate getting what done what needs to be done to achieve your dreams. That’s the way I look at it anyway. Total cheat code for life at the risk of possibly dying young because of exploding heart.

It’s only a gains goblin if you let it be. Pay attention to your eating and track your calories. You may feel like you’re forcing yourself to eat, and...well yeah, you basically are.
Put that higher focus to good use and highly regiment your life. Go off the pills if you feel like you can manage, but if you really need them don’t force it.

I tried to go without my meds after I graduated college and it made me way less productive.

Oh forgot to mention, I got a bike for christmas and previous to this I did literally 0 cardio except walking to class every day and lifting of course, and now I’m out of college so I’ve been seriously skimping on all cardio stuff for a year now. I’m planning on riding half an hour to+from work every day once I get my bike headlight in the mail, and my heart and circulation does feel better as a result just from riding for fun this month.

I think if you’re going to do stimulants, keeping your cardio game strong is absolutely imperative. It seems the worst side effects are directly on your heart, and I think if you counteract it by forcing yourself to stay in tip top shape, the drug will have much less of a negative influence on you physically, not to mention better positive effects when you dose and mental clarity and all that yadda yadda. When I first started, I recall my life being incredibly stable and happy, and I was power walking around campus often, lifting 3x/week, and was in the best shape of my life. Could of course be my virgin tolerance at the time for sure, but over my long history of use I’ve noticed that amphetamine seems to amplify your current state of physical health - you feel worse if you’re unhealthy, better if you’re in shape, and harsh comedowns serve to highlight your weakest points and make it easier to pinpoint what you should be working on in the gym. I’ve had some of my best lifting sessions the morning after going hard on amp and sleeping 5 hours because when you get no leeway in your lift from normally capable supporting muscles (i.e. not sticking your butt out enough on the squat but it’s ok because your lower back is strong enough and can handle the extra load) are now bitching at you, forcing you to keep your form as simple and tight as possible.

>It seems the worst side effects are directly on your heart
tfw my stimulant is cardioprotective

/r/darknetmarketsnoobs