Protein Powder?

Hey what's Veeky Forums's choice of protein post workout?

I've been working out and I swapped protein shakes a few times (after learning good/bad stuff about them) and recently read about how Soy Lecithin is in most powders (including my current one...).

Should I just give up on shakes/powders and just start eating a bunch of eggs post work out? It seems much harder to get the protein I need that way. Am I just being a bitch worrying about SL?

Other urls found in this thread:

wholesalenutrition.com.au/
sport-supplements.com.au/collections/flavoured-lean-muscle
sport-supplements.com.au/products/20kg-nz-whey-protein-isolate-unflavoured
tinyurl
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595
amazon.com/gp/product/B01JNUHAIC
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577439/
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0048826/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

There were two questions, but I'm going to assume thats a yes to the second one.

>protein powder
>good for you
pick one

Personally, I take 8 scoops(640g) daily. You should do something similar if you want to really see the gains.

no

Yes

bulk unflavoured pea protein

Soy is just a meme. Stop listening to Veeky Forums.

My Protein is the best for its price

Only get unflavored or the natural flavors tho all the others aren’t very good

>Not going full Gaston and eating 5 dozen eggs for that 420g protein for like $8

Never gonna make it

Just get protein powders that don't have soybean oil then, what the fuck is the problem?

>5 dozen eggs
>$8
in what continent?

I bought 10lbs of banana cream gold standard whey.
It beats the shit out of the vanilla stuff I was drinking before, but it's almost $50 more in price

>tfw roughly the size of a barge

>protein post workout
Unflavored whey.

>..preparing for being full throughout something
Casein.

fuck off powder shill. just eat fucking food. stop asking about protein powders. stop thinking about them. just shut the fuck up and lift and eat food. real food. never mention or think about protein powder again in your life or ill fucking kill you.

You know you want it

USA is best continent.

Chocolate brownie ftw. Also get a different scoop, the one you give you in about 35g, when a trackable serving is 25g. Cunts... making me do more cardio.

maybe

That's barely enough to get through an arm workout.

Remember to research ingredients yourself before asking a bunch of Internet autistic about them.

But anyway, you're pretty much just overreacting to the word 'soy', Im guessing?

So, basically I looked at my powder and it said "0 Soy" which I thought whatever, but it had an asterisk saying "contains Soy Lectinin", so I thought there was some reason they'd include it. I looked it up and most shit is doom and gloom about it.

At the very worst this thread is making me laugh, but I was legit wondering if there was anyone pretty informed about in the crowd of internet autists.

If I'm a powder shill I wouldn't be asking about if its better for workout than real food you retard, I'm very clearly asking which is better, not advertising one.

Pea and rice blend. Excellent AA profile and cheap. For added taste, stir in cocoa powder and stevia.
Whey protein gives me bad acne so I avoid like the plague.

Wtf I live in New Zealand. How to get?

Me too. Where i walk to?

8 SCOOPS C'MON!
Rich you died.

protein powder is protein, don't worry about soy lecithin so much if you aren't hitting protein goals then powder can be useful, otherwise it's really just a tool to help you hit your protein goals easier on less calories.

Hi Richard

wholesalenutrition.com.au/
sport-supplements.com.au/collections/flavoured-lean-muscle

sport-supplements.com.au/products/20kg-nz-whey-protein-isolate-unflavoured

>post workout

it doesnt matter that much when you take it. if you're cutting don't be a retard and do it before bed.

Are you in the rare occurrence of the possession of a charger for the device with which you are accessing that site?

i drank so much protein powder that my pecs now look like double d's

GiantSports Delicious Protein is the only one I've found that I don't hate so far.

Cookies+cream is my favourite.

>non organic eggs
no

what is nonorganic egg

I don't know

You're buying a powder which contains too much fat/oily products. Soy lechitin is an emulsifier a.k.a prevent fats/water from phase separating. Soy's phytoestrogen potency isn't that large in the first place, with the strongest, genistein, having almost insignificant impact on estrogen receptors which determine fat distribution/uterus/mammary development, and more so on receptors which promote neurogenesis. Nonetheless, a lot of products that use soy are extremely processed (soybean oil is commonly used in hydrogenation to make solid fats in many processed foods) and extremely high in omega-6s so it's advisable to keep them in moderation. I agree with just consuming protein isolate if you're going to go down the protein powder route but powders don't sate me at all so I typically have a meal post workout instead.

Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate
>normie scum
Fuck off it tastes good

Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate, just take this and stop switching, and if you can get most of your protein from normal foods thats good too

Did this until I tried double rich chocolate, slightly better macros, more scoops per container, and tastes better imo (less sweet)

Theres word that it supposedly increases your cum load by a ridiculous amount. Not sure if true though

I tried a chocolate premixed protein drink from the vending machine at my gym once.
Goddamn that was horrible, the taste was just too overpowering and rich.

new poorfag here been lifting for two months now and i can't afford supplements where i live am i wasting my time ?

Not if you eat enough real food.
People been getting swole long before protein powder and creatine

i spent 55 bucks on 5lbs of fancy grass fed protein powder with like 3 ingredients listed

pricey, but it will last me 3 months at least

Can you repeat the question?

OP just get this and disregard the rest of the thread.

although that's the shittiest taste, get the chocholate one.

That stuff has shit added to it. But a bag or jar of powder, mix it with whatever you want, honey, pb, fruit, oatz, whatever

Link?

>Not getting the strawberry version

oh, that's why I left this board

I've had a tub of strawberry for like two years :s

Is unflavored whey a meme?

YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

What do you guys think of bulk nutrients?

Phytoestrogens and Disease: tinyurl com/hfxu23q
Phytoestrogens and Heart Disease: tinyurl com/zg2nh7a
Phytoestrogen and Kidney Disease: tinyurl com/jtwyanb
High soy can result in 59% less breast cancer study: tinyurl com/j8ywsra
Soy yields 13% lower LDL/Bad Cholesterol Study: tinyurl com/hhf4weq
Soy and Men Hormones Study: tinyurl com/hsu4wqk
Meta-analysis on men, soy and phytoestrogen extracts: tinyurl com/ja5s9k2
30-50% of men get manboobs: tinyurl com/zb58cbs
Phytoestrogen content of various foods: tinyurl com/z3kpvsw
n=220 2 years soy study: tinyurl com/z4tbb7d
Meta-analysis on 47 studies no estrogen change: tinyurl com/hsm6ctb
Soy being fine for men: tinyurl com/zwddamh

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
>The results of this meta-analysis suggest that neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable T concentrations in men.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
>The intervention data indicate that isoflavones do not exert feminizing effects on men

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595
>These recent studies in men consuming soyfoods or supplements containing 40--70 mg/d of soy isoflavones showed few effects on plasma hormones or semen quality. These data do not support concerns about effects on reproductive hormones and semen quality.

>It seems much harder to get the protein I need that way.
step 1: tell kids they need 10x as much protein as they do
step 2: sell them protein powder

Protein powder is fucking stupid and no it is not the same as real protein from real food. It is some chemically processed horseshit.

I'm 6'1, 215 lbs, 26, have been lifting since highschool. My TDEE is 3,200 calories per day when I'm breaking even and not gaining. My sweet spot is apparently 130g/day. I've taken three bloodtests at separate facilities and they all tell me the same thing. Getting 130g/day isn't hard, even if I'm sucking down potatoes and corn. If you just eat whole foods you will literally get the required protein. Especially if you eat a lot of oats.
Saying you need meat is fucking stupid. Over-eating protein is terrible for your liver and digestive-system.

I use MuscleFeast
Have tried their whey iso, their blend and their "recover" shit with carbs innit
Fucking delicious, not sure why everyone acts like proton powders are a fucking chore, stop mixing shitty shakes and L2fucking cook m8

Australia right?
I buy from them every time, tastes kinda meh but what do you expect for the price

>Fake science
All those have been debunked and doesn't .
They are either slanted articles of fake science (select->exclude->interpolate->spin) made by people who wants to suck up to Monsanto GMO soy.
You will notice the "researchers" in other places praise GMO as God's gift to mankind. (Another area where Monsanto needs PR but not all Vegans are willing to preach that message for free.)

Whey protein has been proven in countless studies to be the most active and beneficial protein for muscle growth you can get. That's why it's the most common. And pretty cheap. So get that.

I drink it too user. You’ll never walk alone.

I need the protein powder in order to recover from being a skellyboi, but I ended up buying two giant bags of banana (which tastes awful) since all the normal flavors were sold out. I'm so sick of banana and it tastes disgusting unless you blend it into a smoothie.

I unironically love artificial banana flavor.
Send it to me senpai

I dare you to find one. I cant.

I can see why she cheated on you

>REEE MUH SOY
>go buy eggs that have more chemicals than egg white in them

the intelligence of this board

have a reply for being an informative post

Thanks, this is more what I was looking for. I don't tend to be hungry after powder (I usually eat some spinach as well), but I am considering moving to a meal instead.

60 eggs is $3.40 at walmart here in carbondale il

Real food. Unless you're medically unable to eat, it should always be food. Even chugging milk is better than wasting money on that bs

Holy shit you massive fucking retard

amazon.com/gp/product/B01JNUHAIC

mahnigga.wav

Remember kids - 2 scoops C'MON

VEGAN SCUM FUCK OFF

My Protein bc it's dirt cheap. I got an 11 pound bag which came out to something like 33 cents / 20g protein serving, it's really low fat and sugar and has no cholesterol. I only get unflavored though, because everything else that's in stock has sucralose, which decimates the gut bacteria in rats, and lacks studies on humans. I just add stevia and flavor.

You do realize this is a comparison of .059 vs .049 with a variation of +- 0.02, right?They didn't even mention what the unit of measurement is, so they could be using furlongs for all you know. Even if it was an actual measurement, they are within the statistical difference of each other and therefore irrelevant. Not to mention, this was done on a group of 30 people. Also, the HLBM crew only varied by .008, or 8.6%. That's hot garbage. Also, this is on myofibrillar hypertrophy which only accounts for half of muscle gain, the other being sarcoplasmic, not to mention they only tested the participants after TWO tests in "Random" order. It's wholly possible they had these people work out twice, back to back, then tested protein synthesis with the smaller amount which would obviously be lower after the second session since they are still recovering and have already eaten protein. Lastly, if you look at the Author Information, one of the funders was GSK, who sells whey protein products. Everything about this study screams "shill". You literally just fell for the protein meme. If you want actual, good peer-reviewed studies, refer to the following compilation and the following be-all-end-all of nutrient timing. The short version is that protein timing doesn't matter and you only need 0.64-0.82g / lb for maximum hypertrophy.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3577439/
>bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Extra Study; your body doesn't even hit peak protein synthesis until 24 hours post-lifting
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679

Heads up don't use hemp protein like you would whey. It was disgusting.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0048826/