Daily Posture Reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

painscience.com/articles/posture.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks, I was slouching.

Thanks op

Bump

Anyone find this is psychological as much as it is physiological? I was watching a Jordan Peterson video where he talks about being in a fighting posture at all times, and I remembered my old shrink telling me something about how I walk through life like an abused dog.

thank you, based op

painscience.com/articles/posture.php

too much text
tl;dr plz

I remember hearing about some study (probably bs) that when you stand in the superhero pose (chest puffed, hands on hips) your T goes up. I believe it though, I was slouching and corrected by the reminder and immediately felt more powerful, energetic, and basically, manly. It might be all in my head, but who knows.

Thanks my guy

It definitely works. I was a former fat guy at close to 240 lbs and did all of that slouching. No one took me seriously and I was invisible to girls. Now I'm 179 lbs and my posture has improved dramatically thanks to training rear delts + back. In general people will notice you more and respect what you say when you look more confident through better posture. I also find that standing tall almost forces you to make eye contact which is also crucial for appearing confident.

That's probably primarily bécause of the weight loss

True. But a lot of people remarked that I seemed to get "taller" once I started doing facepulls and deadlifts.

thanks

thanks buddy. I used to have the slouched posture but by just correcting it every time I have become a good boi

bump

I will correct mine once I lose weight
I dont like my jowl

How much rolling can your shoulders do before they're rolling?

I slouch cuz of my pointy manboobs tho...otherwise it looks fucking wierd to have these pointy things sticking out of my chest. Im not even that big and they stick out more than my stomach

It's kind of psychosomatic. There's plenty of psychology research out there to show that body language and facial expression adjusts mood. (smiling for no reason will generally make you happier, etc.)

The trick is to tape them down, like marathon runners do. If you use enough tape, you can shape them to looks like pecs. Just don't stretch or they'll pop back out.

proper posture is indicative of high serotonin but I don't know if proper posture raises serotonin

Usually use a tucked in tank bit that only works so well. Might try this tho

looooool are you me

I've been working a lot on my posture the past month and everywhere I go acquaintances tell me I'm getting taller

>tfw already 6'3

I spend like 90% of my day slouched yet my posture if perfect when I stand up just from lifting

If you are and we fuck, is that gae, incest or masturbation?

please halp dont want to lose weight because it will make them more visible

it bliss

Good looking out, breh.

How long have you been sitting in that chair, user? Stand up and stretch.

got a shoulder impingement thanks to my shitty posture.

thx op.

nuggies