Is alcohol a depressant?

Every time I drink too much, in the next day I get depressed. Has anyone here the same kind of problem?

Post personal stories and trustworthy sources

yes, It's shit
>fucked up alot of good things becouse of drinking
sucks thats how most people soc nowadays

Yes it is it literally depresses immune function, dopamine production, and circulation rate while down-regulating serotonin receptors

Do not binge drink

I hate alcohol exactly because it is a depressant. I like stims but only alcohol is sold over the counter. which is quite silly.

Are you stupid, yes, it's a depressant

Only moments in my life I feel happy is when I get a drink with a close friend, dunno what to do.

bl310118simplekw

Its called withdrawal

Depressant means CNS depressant. As in it slows respiration and heart rate. Your depression is caused by you being a beta faggot.

Yes alcohol is a depressant.

I can remember a long time ago my parents and me where at a harvest festival (

Technically, but what you're describing is because alcohol is fucking poison. There is a reason it's the only drug with a hangover that makes you want to die, but the high is kinda shitty overall so it's not even worth it.

If you could make speed by throwin some yeast in a bottle of juice it'd be otc too.

GHBBBBB

>Had a shit job at a law firm and went through a bottle of wine a night to cope
>felt like a reward for getting my ass kicked at work every day
>Felt okay at the start but by the end it was awful.
>Weird pains around liver and stomach, general shitty feeling, was genuinely developing mental illness (a common thing)
>Hangovers, got fat, didnt study for degree, more i cant remember
>Alcohol is a diuretic so you piss away all your water and end up drinking more water which you piss away so your electrolyte balance goes to absolute shit
>And forget gains. Alcohol lowers test by a third for a few days afterwards. Drink every day = permanently lowered test.
>Add that to a hangover and you aint going to the gym. Even if you did we both know youre eating like shit.
>also got a fat/red face.
>Probably increased cancer risk too since ethanol breaks down into formaldehyde (known carcinogen)
^this is why asians get flushed when they drink, they cant break this down
>Also made really bad decisions drunk. >Ordering shitty expensive food, gambling away thousands etc

But the biggest thing of all, it downregulates your gaba receptors.

Im no expert but i think when you you flood your brain with happy chemicals every day it comes to expect them and so srops producing them itself, or it reacts in some weird way.

Got fired. Found a better job and stopped drinking. It was hard and depressing for a week and a half. But then i felt good, in fact happier than i had been in a long time.

Started eating right, gymming, barely touched it since. Never been happier.

tldr Getting drunk feels good at the time, but there are many negative effects and eventually you cant feel happy without it.

Well constructed post and congrats on the life improvement. My dad always says
>drinking alcohol is borrowing happiness from the next day
And it's so fucking true. If you keep drinking you build a debt of unhappiness that must be repaid.

>Is alcohol a depressant?
Yes, idiot, it very much is, how could you not know this?

That is a good saying. props to your dad.

That's a great way of putting it. I find that it's true for every drug.

Your dad is a wise man.

And yeah, this is true of most drugs, especially depressants eg opiates.

I agree with most of what you said there, but even in long term (years) alcoholics, the testosterone losses aren't even that large.

I've never seen any paper or study claim that the testosterone lowering effects of alcohol last for more than 16 hours after you stop drinking. Having a few beers is only going to lower by at most 5%. A bottle of wine might hit you for 15% or so, but thatll be almost all gone by the next morning. The max you get up to is about a 25% test supression if you binge and get yourself really fucked, but again this only last for the better part of a day, not several.

Drinking on a daily basis is still shit for health though.

how about a joint with a close friend

Yeah youre probably right. Never saw any studies think i just read it on some post i read on here.

Although another thing, alcohol makes it easy to get fat especially with food, and excess body fat increases E in and of itself.

It really is the ultimate gains goblin just from sabotaging you on so many levels.

Yep, it's called post-alcoholic depression. I have it too, every time.

Every alcohol is a depressant except for tequila. That's why people do crazier shit while consuming tequila

>Is alcohol a depressant?
Have you never been to 5th grade?

how fucked am I if I drink a 6 pack or 12 pack a week?
usually 2-4 beers spread through the week
the rest I drink on the weekend
if i have any left over I'll only get a 6 pack for the next week