What's a strong weighted chin up (or pull up)?

What's a strong weighted chin up (or pull up)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FiR9W_gVF0
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/chin-ups/lb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That looks pretty strong

Veeky Forums is gonna tell you something retarded like 2 45 lb plates, but while doing weighted pull-ups at 185 lbs and a 25 lb plate, it was far more than anyone else in my gym because nobody does weighted pull-ups anyway.

It's 60kg in the picture, i took it from this video youtube.com/watch?v=7FiR9W_gVF0

so roughly 15-20% of body weight in your opinion?

chin ups are better done low weight high volume tbqh unless you're a lightweight with short arms

Normie strong? 45
Really strong? 90
World record is a little over 200.

lbs?

45lb = 1 plate
90lb = 2 plate

wtf do you think

>being American
That's how I think

Depends on bodyweight. I weigh 235 and I can do 2 pullups from a deadhang, so that can be considered strong.

my 4.5pl8 squat is more than Ive seen anyone in my gym do. doent mean its not weak as fuck. raise your expectations faggot

>Normie strong? 45
>Really strong? 90
>World record is a little over 200.
Most people can't even do a single pull up or chin ups.
I know people who came out of boot camp who could barely do one.
So Normie would be -20 I would think.

50% of your bodyweight is pretty strong I think

I do reps for 66 lbs(30kg) and 1rm is 92lbs(42 kg). You mean 90 is good for reps or 1rm?

I weigh 190 and can do 12 pullups with a 50 pound dumbbell added. You're not strong

lol no you're just fat

This sort of question must be responded with data. Check this table, tick the one max option to see the equivalent of added weight, it depends on your current body weight

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/chin-ups/lb

My personal best was an added 132lbs for 2 reps at a bw of 230lbs.

no the fuck it can't

Wtf that chart is retarded a 310pounder does 4 and is a novice

for reps, why the fuck would you do a 1rm chin?

It’s a weighted chin up or pull up with a significant quantity of added weight.

Yeah, but the lazy midgets want to feel strong from doing less work sooo....
Let them have this.

They probably don't have much data at such an outlier weight

310 lbs guy will move much more weight - I'd say it's a bit hard on the heavier guys here, 4 reps at 310 lbs are far stronger than 8 at 150

and regarding OP, I'd say 350 lbs total is a pretty good weight (+130 for an adult 220 lbs man or +200 for a 150 lbs boy)

I was able to bang out 15 consectutive chinups as a 6'+ 300+ pounder since I was in my mid teens.
Able to do one arm assisted chinups as well.

Trying to create a lifting standard using bodyweight is retarded and ignore basic things like bodytype and relative weight.
But...since the iron guys have to have their concrete external justification.
I guess it's okay.

I do 105 pounds for 4 and I'm generally weak in pressing and leg stuff.

Might be related.

he means extra weight, which is a weird measure because people have varying ROMs and bodyweights.
Not sure what the ideal body for record breaking weighted pullup would be, atrophied wheelchair legs with short arms and dyel everywhere besides back?

Just this monday I've done chins with 35kg(77lb) at 85kg(187lb) and my back is probably my weakest link.

I do 3x5 for reps at 30kg
42kg is 1rm

I think it depends on your weight or the added weight to be honest. I can do 3x10 and im 270 right now but when I was 200 I did I wore the belt with 4 45 plates

so you gained 70lbs and got weaker

nice

people were mirin when i did 70 for 4-6reps but im only 150lb so thats probably why i can do more than avg

in case this isnt obvious, DONT do 1rm chins. DONT do weighted chins to total failure

I can do 20kg weighted for 10 reps at 79kg is this good?

lol
Yeah....
Nice LARP

I can do 40kg 1rm but only 30kg x 4 on neutral grip pullups

People regularly do weighted pullups and chin ups at my relatively normie gym

that last rep made me tense tense

kek. I do 2 plates no problem. True I’m 140, which kind of takes away from it all.

But I’ll still take some pride in it.

pygmies need not post their stats

>45 lbs = good job on starting your weighted pull-up journey
>90 lbs = pretty strong
>135 lbs = you have really fucking strong lats, if you aren't a 130 lb twink or something.

I've done triples with 100 lbs, weighing 195 lbs.

Stop comparing your mediocre results to people that don't even participate in the fucking activity. The fact you can play the melody of Jingle Bells on piano doesn't mean you're a great pianist, just because most people don't play piano at all. Your 8 minute mile isn't "good" because most people don't run. Your 25 lb weighted pull-ups aren't "good" because most people don't do them at all.

Lol no, fatty. Get to 300 lbs total weight for a couple reps, then you're getting somewhere.

MOST PEOPLE DON'T WORK OUT. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T EVEN DO THE ACTIVITY WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. BEING A BRONZE LoL PLAYER DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE GOOD AT LEAGUE, SIMPLY BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN PLAY LEAGUE.

Same reason you 1RM any other compound lift.

70 for 4-6 isn't even that great. Go away, weak faggot.

Nigga I'm 200lbs and can bang out 15 chin ups or 3 reps with +75lbs weighted. Cut weight or get stronger.

The Bloatlord weighs 450lbs and can do 14 wide grips.

Do both you retard

Pullups I can do 45 for 10 and 90 for 3.

5'11, 168 lbs

Height matters as taller = more rom, but that's true of all lifts.

I can do around 7 one armed if I use the other hand to support at the elbow, and 30ish bodyweight.

Been a gym rat for 13 years and I don't think I've seen anyone else do a plate for more than 5-6 reps, so I'd say that's pretty good. That said, it's an uncommon exercise so it's hard to say.

I pulled 85 lb for 5 reps at a body weight of 168 lb.
According to symmetric strength, That puts me at advanced.

I lift and climb. When I was at my strongest I was doing 3 plate pull ups. I weighed about 170.

> pull ups
> ups
> 135 lb of dead weight added to your 170 lb body...for reps

Gonna have to call bullshit til you post your back

>4.5pl8 squat is weak
ok superman

i'm 180lbs and i've done a single rep of +110lbs
i also lift and climb
it's not as hard as you think bud

Any specific program you guys use?

Yeah, I know how it sounds, but I actually trained for it, to help my climbing. 3 plates is actually really uncomfortable on the hips and spine though. It's a lot of weight hanging. Also a high enough bar so the plates dont touch, but you obviously dont need to jump to. grounded myself reaching for a bar one time.

Feels good to finally be strong by Veeky Forums standard. Thanks user.

>wearing a coke shirt to the gym
fucking pajeets

Pullups vs chinups?

Why do chinups when you could do pullups?

Both - chinups for biceps pullups for back/lats

Pull ups can be hard on the elbows while chin ups do everything pull ups do, with the added benefit of biceps work. Why bother with pull ups when chins are easier and have a better return on investment?

Chinups work my guns more and I do hanging australian pulls to thicken and widen my lats and traps.

it literally is

I'm 100kg and can do 15kg for 6 reps. Is this impressive?

not really

you're wrong, chinups does not work the same as pullups

> Why bother with pull ups when chins are easier
this attitude is why you will not make anything fucking tosser.
Bet you bench in the smith machine as well

My working set is 50 kgs for chins, they allow you to move more weight, same back activation, less forearm involvement and more bicep involvement.

Do whichever feels better to you, but chins are better for progressive overload.

I also bench in the smith machine as I don't want to beg for spots.

By the way, being this stuck on specific exercises/methodologies is a dead giveaway you look dyel.

>ackcyually
Okay then genius explain exactly in what way they ‘work differently’ paying specific attention to muscles involved. You won’t, because you can’t, because you’re wrong.

> they allow you to move more weight
ego

> same back activation
> less forearm involvement
> more bicep involvement
two wrongs and a right

> bench in the smith machine as I don't want to beg for spots
ok guy, please teach me more tricks

you're an idiot, just go try it and pay attention to which muscles start off the movement for instance

Thank you Mr plod
Also what do we think of neutral grip. It's airstrikes the healthiest on the shoulder and it seems to be in the middle. Was thinking of focusing on that for a bit

she'd be super sexy if she wasn't wearing the same thongs that you see all the filo mail order brides walking around in Australia in, I swear half the time I see one shes walking around in her fat old husbands thongs fpr some reason, so fucken weird and off putting

>lifting by Feefees
>yeah brah just don’t really feel my glutes activating brah
>gotta akawen your core brah
Go learn some anatomy you failed abortion. The single biggest difference between the two is that the pull up omits the biceps. Chins are ‘easier’ because they involve more muscle mass, which is also what makes them a more useful movement. But I wouldn’t expect you to know this, because your ohp is probably higher than your IQ.

don't you realize that when you use additional muscles you strain the other muscles less?
more useful because easier? cmon

why not?

I'm going to have to assume you're very underage because you clearly don't know the difference between relative and absolute.

I'm 6'2 200~lbs and best I did was with 5reps with 3pl8.
90lbs is not that strong desu.

Ask me how I know you look like shit.

who gives a shit? I'm a 70kg fag and I'm able to do 25kg for 11 reps. Heavier people have heavier loads to carry so it's impossible to determine what "strong" means in that context, especially as people are even built differently
why it's always about comparing to you people is beyond me, just lift the fucking shit

no matter how fat you are, 2 pullups is literally never considered strong

>why it's always about comparing to you people is beyond me, just lift the fucking shit
men want to compete. why is this hard to understand

>men want to compete
only insecure faggots feel the need to compete in this day and age. if people stopped focusing on others, they wouldn't be so goddamn pathetic all the time

>Extra Pull-up weight doesn’t count if it’s made of fat.

Veeky Forums logic.

I bet you think a pound of iron is heavier than a pound of feathers,

lmao you're the one that's pathetic. literally the most soy post i've ever seen

oh fuck off with that bullshit. according to that logic, you should always count your weight while deadlifting and squatting. fat people are even more ignorant and naive than roiders, fucking hell
you only count the weight, period. it's your own fault for being fat

>gets called out for being pathetic
>proceeds to literally pull the "NO YOU!" card and add some generic buzz words to the comment because he thinks that's a plausible way to argue
nice job, retard

no seriously, saying that men wanting to compete is pathetic IS in and of itself, really pathetic. you are the definition of a soyboy

Okay so I've been doing 4x5 weighted chinups and I'm progressing well. Should I be doing high reps instead?

your mom didn't complain last night

just because you feel the need to compete like some child doesn't mean it's not pathetic. yes, competing is a male trait but it doesn't mean it's any less pathetic you moron. just look at the thread. competing sure can be fun but people go way too far, pretty much feeling insecure due to not being able to live up to their own expectations. you are just being contrarian for the sake of it but you're probably also underage. get a life and stop using those stupid buzzwords. they make you seem even more like a dunce

do you inject estrogen daily? i have never seen such soy posts in all my days

I weight 60kg.

I can do 100 unweighted pull ups in sets of 10.

I added 5kg and now the most I can do in a set is nine, and after three or four sets I'm fucking done.

Am I doing this right?

I'm at 1 pl8 and still dyel so more than that

I'd say 5 reps with half of your bodyweight is pretty good. I.e. for a guy like me who's 85 kg, 42,5 kg added weight and 5 reps. Obviously full range of motion, none of that half rep faggotry.

>"If I say soy long enough, he'll understand!!! I'm sure mom!!!!"
what's with these retards always using the same word over and over? this board is turning into a childish shitfest

i can't help the fact that you're a soyboy bro. i can say it in a different way if that makes you feel better? you're an extremely effeminate male who shies away from manly activities. better?

Nice half reps. The last one was the only full rom and he couldn't finish it. Still pretty good tho.

congrats on being retarded!

Doing 10 sets of 10 unweighted trains almost nothing. You only get good at doing a lot. You should do less sets and start adding weight progressively.

OK, question.

> Home gym 1-2 months, couple modular DB's and bench
> "Must work lats, time to get pull-up bar!"
> Buy pull-up bar
> Install pull-up bar
> Hang onto pull-up bar
> Can't do a single pull-up

How do I make even a single pull-up? Where do I start? I'm working on my biceps and delts already and there's not much more weight for me to drop, so where do I start? I just hang there helplessly like a paralyzed monkey. If I was hanging off the side of a building I'd eventually just fall to my death. This needs to change and Veeky Forums is gonna help me not die.

I'm at 3 pl8 and still feel dyel.

Yeah I grew a little but I still look like a lanklet.

Aiming for 3 sets of 8 with 100% top form before I add another weight.

>I weigh 235 and I can do 2 pullups from a deadhang, so that can be considered strong.