Need Some Bench Press Tips

Hi Veeky Forums,
I need help with my bench press. It's really stalling and always has been whenever I'd start go to the gym regularly.

This is what I know:
>Squeeze butt to arch back
>Bring shoulderplates together to allow maximum chest expand when coming down w the bar
>Wrists 90 degree angle w bar
>bring elbows in a bit and maybe twist a bit forward to allow maximum power

And this is my problem:
>I rarely (if ever) feel my chest doing work
>triceps, forearms feel most strain
>When I do feel it in my chest it ALWAYS targets my outer chests - the part that connects chest w shoulders

-What do I do to focus on chest more and what could I be doing wrong?

-I always take more time to bring the bar down rather than push it up, and when pushing I dont feel chest almost at all, but when controlling the download I can feel my chests activate but the strain goes away after my elbows are low enough and i dont feel my chest after

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
elitefts.com/education/benchipedia-dave-tates-free-bench-press-manual/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

not me, but bump plz

u gotta think chest, chest, chest when you pushin.

if u aren't conscious of the movement, the arms will push it up, but if you are aware of your pecs, u feel them activated.

>grow grow grow

fucking idiot

elbows at 45 degrees, gently touch your chest at the base of your sternum. depress shoulder blades with a slight round in the small of your back with you ass and shoulders pushing in to the bench

don't forget flyes bruh, hit some flyes. Close grip bench, incline bench, and dumbbell bench are all great accessories that'll help you feel them titty muscles

What's your current max?

>asking a beginner what his max are
I hope you throw yourself in moving traffic

40kg 3x10

I was able to go up to 60kg 5x5 before but then I stopped training

youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI

>assuming OP is a beginner
beginners don't "stall" unless they're doing something way off.

You can try dumbbell bench after you do your bench press. Depends on your routine. I feel the chest working more with the dumbbells, but remember its only an accessory movement as the user before me said

thanks, but I already do that and dont feel my chest actviate

I love me some wide grip bench.
It's tricky the first couple of times you do it but I love ending chest day with the w i d e.

Fuck flat bench. I switched to dumbells and started making progress again. I think it’s because when the weight gets higher if you have long arms it can fuck up your shoulders since they’re pressing at an unnatural angle.

I made better muscular gains with dumbells as well, they also feel better and give you more symmetrical gains.

height and weight?

Depress your shoulders. So do the opposite of the top of a shrug. This will stop your traps from doing the work. Also a flat back is better for chest activation.

From what you're describing, your technique sounds fine. I'd need to know the rest of your routine, and how you're training bench.

Dave Tate wrote a guide to benching:
elitefts.com/education/benchipedia-dave-tates-free-bench-press-manual/

That's because you are a benchlet.
You shouldn't give anyone chest advice if you can't hit 3pl8.

how wide are we talking? past a certain point i feel all the stress shift onto my shoulders

OP, I hope you're still here. Read this section straight from Candito's Linear Progression program

Past the rings on your barbell, at least if you are 6'2" like me.
You will feel it in your shoulders so it's important to have really good form.
Really use your legs to put as much weight on your scapula as possible and you will be stable as hell.
Flare your elbows out in a bodybuilder style bench and press that fucker up.

none of this is true
eat food, im guessing youre a complete skelly?

>skelly
that's what I figured too.
60 kg = 132.28 lbs
not even 1pl8

Eat some damn food. It isnt your technique its your stomach not being full of meat.

take a clip of your form
maybe we can find some problems there

>OHP at 80kg 1rm
>Dips at +30kg 5rm at 95kg bw
>40kg Dumbbell Bench
>Still a benchlet

Fuck you and your bitch ass exercise

>none of this is true

You’ve obviously never used dumbells before

I have and im stronger than you. Nothing wrong with DBs but you suck at flat bench for a different reason than the fact you have long arms.
The world record bencher is 6'6 and i gurantee his arms are longer than yours fag.

it is 1pl8 in the yuro
fucking ameriburger

I do 120’s for 6 reps. That’s pretty fucking close. Right before that I was stalling and getting shoulder pain around 2 plates for a couple months.

You have terrible barbell bench form then.
I hit the 130s for five and it feels nearly as hard as 1 rep of a 3pl8 bench.
Well not anymore but the first time I tried it it was very hard.