How to make social gains after being Veeky Forums?

>it's a 'girls find you hot but get put off because of your autism, one of them even mentioning that "what you have of handsome, you have of weird" and "you don't talk much, huh? is there a reason?" where you just autistically say "I don't like talking"' episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F08qtHtrXI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just be yourself bro

how retarded are you guys?
BEING SOCIAL IS A SKILL, NOT A TALENT
remember how you trained to lift weights? remember the practice you put into it? Remember the results.
Wow, its almost like you gotta do the same thing with social gains. Train that shit, practice that shit. There's no overnight fix. Just get better every time. Start with making eye contact with service staff and being polite, even throwing them the ole' "Im fine, how are you?". pleasantries are like the gateway to being social.

this shit isnt that fucking hard to figure it out.

I've been there, OP.

Don't use this time to feel bad about yourself.
Think; What exactly are you looking in a relationship? What exactly do you want in a partner?

Use this time for physical, intellectual and financial growth.

You'll meet friends along the way, who'll help you developcloser bonds with people, eventually dating girls will be easy as pie.

model yourself after a character from a movie or show you like

for me, its joey

>I don't like talking
So cringey.
next time you could say something like I don't like talking about meaningless benign topics just to fill the silence in the air. Then you could bring up an interesting topic with some substance to it and start a conversation, and by the end of it she might think you're deep and brooding or some shit instead of an autistic faggot

I don’t like to conversate for conversations sake.

>mfw women find stupid men attractive because they don't want to be challenged by anyone smarter than them
Which is everyone.

This is a matter of finding what individuals and groups you like
With groups these things are like
>Way of communication
>Ways of humor
>Shared interest/passion/hobby
>etc.

When you found that being yourself comes naturaly
Dont be scared to search and get disapointed
You can only improve yourself by acknowledging what is wrong, so you know what to change

Blade Runner 2049 isn't a good model btw

>model yourself after a character from a movie or show you like

Addendum: a character who typically seems suave and gets the girl

No, it's not, you're generally wired to be social or not, and faking it won't be until you make it, it will be until you're fed up with being miserable.

You can get sex and even a steady relationship without being very social, so just be how you want to be and just bring enough to the table to still be attractive.

t. I can't look women in the eye and will barely talk in large groups but still married and getting hit on by women on the strength of the rest of the package that is me

faking it is literally what everyone does.

>live your whole life thinking you're just another mass produced being with no right to exist other than some man's whim
>Still try tomake the best out of it, have a job, excell at it, etc.
>Punish yourself with a waifu because you think you're not worthy for anyone
>There's a slight chance,a glimmer of hope that says you're special and unique
>The more you think about it it might actually be true
>but in reality
>better luck next time

K I N O
I
N
O

What if you HAVE to interact with people, tho? And younger people for that matter.

Here's the funny thing. I get along better with 40+ years old guys than guys my age.
I was engaged in this industrial mechanics course and with the 40+ years old guys from the course we'd chat and chat after the classes, talking about lots of shit.
But with people that I do have to hang out with now, I don't want to talk to them but I do have to, because of group projects. And it is awkward.

Small talk isn't about what's said, it's about establishing a baseline of care/communication between yourself and grill.

>tfw can speak freely with anyone except if i find them attractive because I become autism.

>I can't look women in the eye and will barely talk in large groups

For me it's the opposite. I have no issues with looking women in the eye, even smiling and doing that shit, talking in front of people is also of no issue to me.
But I just don't like interacting.
I don't feel social anxiety or insecurity or anything like that.
I don't... like interacting with people. I had to give a lecture about finances for class and people were surprised about how well I spoke in front of the class while the extroverted people who talked a lot blushed and stuttered.

Am I a real human being?

Yes being social is a practiced skill. Being strange is simply an inability to read social cues. The more you see, the more you understand.

>work as software developer in the automotive industry
>surrounded by nerds who like to talk about technology, programming, cars and a ton of other nerdstuff
>feel very comfortable talking to them
>be at gym
>surrounded by people who talk about lifting, nutrition and other bro stuff
>feel comfortable
>hang out with a few bros
>talk about sports, movies/tv-shows, girls, politics
>feel comfortable
>talk to normal people
>they only ever talk about what they did on the weekend and when they are gonna get drunk the next time

why are normies so boring ?

I don't know man, I recently realized that about the people my wife hangs out with (and by extension people I have to socialize with). They have no interests beyond social interaction. Their jobs revolve around social interaction and politics, their entertainment is going out and talking about common acquaintance s or how they did their hair and nails (again social value) or what they did recently in social situations.

Their actual interests are barely ever mentioned.

If I end up like that as I get older I hope that I just die.

>How you doin’? *flexes ceps*

>"what you have of handsome, you have of weird"

I've heard that so many times

This. Just be self confident and people can't say shit.

Your mom doesn't count

Not him, but I realised that people mistake my confidence+autism with arrogance.

Not only her. She says I got it from my grandpa, who was also very autistic

I don't think thats a good idea, user. You really shouldn't be giving that kind of dangerous advice on here. Someone could really get hurt. Like I really like Patrick Batemen, from the famous movie, American Psycho. I'm already a pretty psycho person so if you gave me the green light to act like my character then.....lets just say.........there would be a lot of bad news on the news.

So please be careful.
I know you're trying to help us out, but you should just stop giving out bad advice.

>wired to be social or not
Yes, goy theres no hope better go mgtow

Personally im good with coming up with dialogue (if you aren't good at that watch more movies, or listen to podcasts) im just to pussy to say it. What i usually do is hang out with some people im familiar with as a warm up, which gets me in the mood to talk without being scared.

Unfortunately not everyone has the facial aesthetics to pull that off.

you're a real human been user
it's called introversion

>tfw understand that the line between introversion and extroversion is just decided by chemical composition on the brain
>tfw understand that this chemical composition can be altered
yea i'm done listening all these bullshits about social skills

get professional help, srs

therapy for self esteem and social skills

because getting drunk with your friends is fun

because they have enough dopamine on their brain so they don't need dopamine hit from engaging conversation about esoteric topics

>its another "autistic computer programmer on fit pretends that he can talk about literally anything with anyone, nerds, "bros", "gym bros" except for what the "normies" talk about" post

wow you're such a visionary

I got just the thing for ya user. A swig of this stuff here and a dab on the wrists will turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurus that can talk to anybody.

Can someone post that hilarious montage of all the autists that went out and bought The Driver's clothes and took selfies. I need a good kek

Social skills are something you can study and train because it's a SKILL. Practice makes perfect.

All I want in life is a non-normie gf, but all women are normies by definition.

I hate to break it to you, but you social skills depends on your social interactions as a child. Particularly from the day you were born until you were 10. If you did not attain the skills then, then you will have a hard time changing your social behavior. Yes you can fake it for a brief period of time, but you will revert back to how it was.

>tfw didn't talk to anyone my age most of the time, only real friend at age 7, only see him at school though
>he's pretty much still my only friend
>but for a period between 11 and 14 I talked to no one my age at all
>all of high school can be summed uo as embarassing
>social skills have barely improved if at all
Am I fucked?

is there any studies? what says that it's not predetermined by genetics?

Advice on how good a retort this is?
>"what you have of handsome, you have of weird"
Aren't we all lunatics on each other's eyes?
>you don't talk much, huh? is there a reason?
I only talk if I have something to say.
You don't?

Oh lawd I hope this is isn't bait. I'm laffin

>So cringey.

You know what's more cringey though? Saying "so cringey" like you're fresh off the boat from reddit

The only reason you autists cant interact with people is because you have toxic fucking personalities and have too big of an ego to put them out there for normal people to see you for your true selves because they will see how fucking despicable of a human you really are. You all are beyond saving and its all your own fault. You are correct when you say you cant be fixed because your base level personality is borderline narcissistic, so no matter how much you can fake it you will never find any reason to actually put in effort to be a decent person because your too deluded in your dream world and don't need to.

Thats bullshit.
Social skills are group dependent.
You just gotta get your foot in the door. Fake some confidence make friends with one of the people in a group and slowly you'll make your way in to the group of friends. My suggestion is picking of the weak. The ones that aren't talking t anybody. Find common ground with them, Music, art, travel, philosophy.
Music is my go to. Chances are at least one person per group plays guitar. Gives us something in common. talk about that try and get them excited about it. And you're in. Try and maintain these friendships. Make people glad to be around you. By providing something they can only get from you. Is it confidence, is it compliments is it drinks, you figure that out on your own.
And finally don't get discouraged by failure. Plenty more fish in the sea. Just don't sperg out like an autist.

>what you have of handsome, you have of weird"
Tough one. I'd maybe go with "just wait there is more ;)" depending on the context
>you don't talk much y?
Tell the thot "You're boring"
Nothing's worse than people trying to force incompatible things, so maybe y'all should reconsider which bitches you're trying to date and grow with

You're pretty efficient with that hammer user
Got the nail right on the head
Everyone in this thread should do 5 grams of shrooms in their house at night so they can have ego deaths. Their only hope desu

>decent social skills
>apparently attractive
>everything going fine
>on rare occasion someone pays me a compliment
>"nice job on that project"
>"you're one of the only guys here making gains"
>"you have really cute eyes"
>freak out like they just punched my kidney
I'd rather get told I was human garbage

Yes I need this

unironically no fap, i also try to game less. For the first time in 11 years i doesnt always feel like a chore to talk to people

Ah. Easy conversation with middle-aged men. The blessing and curse of the autist. Every other age/sex cohort is dumber than them, so that's cool, but it's a long way from hot young puss.

What do you mean by non normie?

Just smile and say thanks, practice saying it a few times if you need to

>Wasting energy on thinking :what would [cool guy] say?, for everything you say.
Sounds exhausting.

This guy has some good stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=F08qtHtrXI8

How do I get started on Instagram when I have zero (0) friends in real life?

Unironically Patrick Bateman or Ricky Roma from GGR

>tfw seriously considering making an Instagram acc because chad uni bro said it's an easy way to meet qts

Can I model myself after best goose?

That's on them. Be nice to everyone and you know you're in the right so you don't need to worry.

Yes, spend your shekels on (((psychology))) goyim

Yet you're here

>he doesn't know the difference between dopamine and serotonin

That exists, its called whiskey. A swig o' this will get you warmed up...unless you actually are a creep instead of just acting like one because of autism in which case everyone will hate you more when you start creepin on people.

>can't look women in the eye
>married
did you marry a trap?

Just walk up to them and say “So when are we fuckin next” while sipping a cool glass of lemonade.

If they've already accepted (wrongfully) that they have NO CHANCE, ZERO ways to improve socially and apparantly physically too(lol?) then why not shut up about it and deal with it rather than cry about it like a woman

>Dont improve your tought pattern, you dont deserve to be happy

>stutter and can't speak around men
>talk like chad to women

>Initiate conversation woman
>Hey you heard about *insert concert* to woman
>If yes talk about concert if no ask her what type of music she likes and go from there
>Ask what she does on weekends and if she says anything boyfriend related abandon ship
>If she has a boyfriend but hes not mentioned you can fuck as she doesn't care too much about him

>Initiate conversation man
>Hey you play that recent *game*

Nah bro I only play like sports games and such

>Oh which teams or car or UFC guy you like or watching or checking stats on

Women are more simple. I have to pry to talk to men. I don't have much knowledge of hobbies outside of sports and video games though. I can talk about lifting, politics or something but broscience shit infuriates me or you end up pissing someone off.

i had a healthy well socialized childhood then i spent puberty in azeroth and now i'm a sperg, checkmate

It doesnt work desu

REDDIT

s-stop

I'm not saying you need to go full notice, but if you do want to have small talk like that you are gonna have to be well versed enough to have a 2 minute conversation.

UFC would be the easiest route because the fights aren't long and unless you are low test you'll probably enjoy them to some degree. All you have to know is a few big names and have seen a few semi recent fights and you can bullshit the rest.

>I don't like talking about meaningless benign topics just to fill the silence in the air
this will get her never to talk to you again. guaranteed

lmao nigga what?!

It's in my nature to be a narcissistic asshole for fucks sake

>modeling yourself as an autistic guy with violence issues
No wonder it doesn't work

I started just telling people im autistic and lifes been better since
it goes from
>oh hes kinda weird.. wtf lol
to
>haha user ur a weirdo lmao
also helps you loosen up i think because u no longer have to hide your retardation

"introverted" has taken on a lot of meanings and now its come to generally refer to people who dont like interacting with others in general
but there are people who dont like it because they are bad at it and doing it makes them feel uncomfortable and there are people who dont like it just because

So...This

This is some of the worst advice I've ever seen on this board

Highly doubt everyone ITT who says they're autistic are actually autistic. It's not this common a disability. You all just have social anxiety because you've chosen to be a shut in for so long and forgotten how to physically interact with people or you were shunned/bullied into oblivion in school.

>muh tism
I hate you all so much

>think I might have social anxiety and be heavily introverted
>do some mock conversations with psych
>talk about my past relationships with others
>"user you don't have social anxiety. You're not introverted. You have a healthy desire to interact with people, your social failures are because you have no interests or social skills and can't pick up on any cues and don't have any insights or common experiences to talk with normal people about"
>ask him what i should do
>"I don't know user, you're not mentally ill you're just a loser"

Holy shit i laughed hard hahah. love the movie tho

Same and people always notice that shit when you don't reciprocate or appreciate a compliment.
>"I can always rely on you"
>"You're doing an excellent job, keep it up"
>"Ugh I wish I had your blue eyes"
>"I like looking up at your when we talk"
>"How often do you work out"
And I instinctively roll my eyes at that kind of stuff and it pisses people off.

crazy stupid love gosling is my goal

wow

Here's your (you)

>model yourself after a character from a movie or show you like

>interview goes great, I'm almost guaranteed to be hired

>user I hope you don't get nervous talking with bosses
>MFW I have an anxiety problem where I start crying even if I feel normal sometimes

FUCK

pls dont kill anyone, user

Don't be yourself. Be yourself with a much better mindset. To be totally frank, there's no real trick to just getting rid of autism, it's not just going to dawn on you how to be charismatic one day.

You have to change your mindset and work at it like a muscle. You might be the manlet of the social world, but you can still make gains as long as you're not a pussy.

If you're too scared to actually try without having a plan going on, or you don't trust yourself to develop along the right path, try watching some YouTube videos or something, Charisma on Command might be a good start if you want to avoid listening to bitter cunts that are just going to bitch about how to manipulate about how women are whores or something (Which is what most ""charisma"" shit is going to be if you're looking for advice.).

Work on yourself and the girls will come.