OHP progress

Finally, 130 for 1. I can smell the one pl8. How is that OHP progress going bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yjwXTZQDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls be in kgs

i'm stuck on 20 lb on each side...so 85lb.

so not very well

nice
currently 1.25pl8 for 5 want to try get 2pl8 or 3pl8 bench by end of year

Good job! Soon you'll reach your goal, feel great for a week or two, then realize just how much more owkr is involved in OHPing 1.5 plates. I gave up.

I hit 1 PL8 for the first time on Monday. Feels good man.

>bent wrists
>no shrug at the top

you did 0 reps

I made quick OHP progress, but my form is shit, so I'm taking it easy for fear of injuring my back. Goal is to be able to do pic related, but hetero.

>shrug at the top
snap city incoming

Failed rep 5 @ 185 yesterday but I'll get it next time. Should be around my PR of 210 right now. Once I can get 5x205 I'll shoot for a 2pl8 max.

>shrug at the top
eh wut?

Noice. I remember how awesome it felt to finally be able to put the big plates on my bar for OHP. Currently up to 145 for a solid set of 5, or 5 sets of 3.

Best lift.

he did dry hump the seat tho

hit 1.5 pl8 3 months ago, shooting for 2 this year

i just hit 140 1rep
feels good man

>Try to OHP
>Get greedy and end up push-pressing

>warming up OHP
>do one rep at 135
>start putting on 10s
>guy in rack beside me gives me thumbs up

feels good man

Random approval from other lifters is almost as good as qt mires. Got some yesterday for 3x245 cleans

he wants to give u a brojob in the showers bro

i bet you're the DYEL who posts shit like

>mixed grip

when you see someone out deadlift you by 200lbs right

please, please hang yourself tonight

>tfw you ohp more than what everyone else in the gym right now squats

Haven’t OHPd since November, but it was 185 for 1 when I stopped. Around 305 for bench though so hopefully I can get around to doing 3pl8 bench for reps this year.

stuck at 130lbs 3x5 for 2nd workout fml, actually did worst the 2nd workout 1 more and im deloading
>so close yet so far lmao1pl8

>not doing freestanding handstand push-ups

I didn't realize that a shoulder shrug at the top was a thing. Couldn't care less about the grip, it feels comfortable. youtube.com/watch?v=2yjwXTZQDDI

bent wrists are the proper way to press. it forces your elbows out in front of you

Do you guys do OHP for 3x5 or 5x5?

> ceiling to low to do it standing
i miss the standing press. so many benefits. what's the next best variation? off the knees?

Don’t ever post that faggot here again.
Anyway you need to bring your elbows in.

Hit lmao1pl8 5x5 last week. Went for 140 this morning, could only manage 4, 3, 3, 2, 2. I need micropl8s.

This is not true at all and doesn’t even make sense anyway.

I'm at 5x5 at 185 and the last time I went for a 1rm, it was 2pl8 but I think that I can do more. I always do OHP after bench so switching it up would probably give good results.

How much gear do you use?

Tweaked my shoulder doing warm up reps, so not too well unfortunately.

got 130 x4 last session, I can smell actual working set 1 plate scrub

>he thinks OHP will make him muscular
>he thinks anyone gives a shit how much he can OHP

This is a horrible post. Go back imgflip.com

It makes perfect sense. Using the false grip with the wrist bent means the barbell is positioned better over the wrist and forearm and forces you to create the shelf/base to press off.

What is the deal with that rack? Is that a designated OHP rack?

How much does one usually bench once that person hits 1pl8 OHP for 5 reps?

It really depends. I hit 165 1RM OHP at the same time I was doing close grip bench with 225x3-4

>People actually bend their back this far
>no one has a problem with this
Seriously why does everyone turn this exercise into an incline bench.

I am and my last bench was 5x5 185. My bench always been weak, but I'm progressing with it again after being sick and having a shit diet for a few months.

Have you not seen rips videos on how to grip the bar during ohp? Only complete morons ever use a false grip on any lift ever.

you're that twink that steals all the 10 pound plates

>5/3/1
>5s day for OHP
>12 reps at 100lbs
Feels GDE, man. At least I can still jerk more than I can clean.

He isn’t bent back that far at all.
Hes straddling a seat. It’s a seated ohp rack. Most gyms have one.

>claims not to give a shit
>shitposts
C'mon. You can do better

500mg/wk test e

i did 225 the other day with a spot.
But I am god so.

>Trying really hard to hide his Boston accent
Gets me every time
I'll fite u. Scott is a good Youtuber.

Gain weight.

False grip is perfect for OHP if you have elbow issues from skipping your curls.

You completely ignored what I said. Neat. Pct or bnc

I think that pausing Ohp between every rep really blows up your strength. You still load up your stretch reflex before every rep, but you hold it for like a second like in a paused bench. Trying to touch and go in every rep feels unstable at max effort weights. Pauses are worth trying if you are plateauing.

t. done this for like a year and now 195 ohp.

yep, pause OHP is the GOAT for not only strength but shoulder development too

117.5x5x5 closing in on 1 pl8 4 reps. Will be my first of 1/2/3/4 I think. It’s because I have a LLD I think. My full foot lift is coming in soon as well as knee sleeves so I think my S And D will shoot up.

You 2 are talking about different things.

My OHP brogress has been bretty gud
Went from 60kg to 60x5 in a few weeks. Stopped benching, replaced bench with BTN Snatch Press. So now doing 12 sets of OHP/BTN Press combined in a week, and the numbers have shot up.

how?

When you said pause ohp are goat I thought you meant like pausing in the rep. If I’m wrong then my bad. Cause when people say pause D/L that’s what they mean.

slow but steady, happy with my progress in last 2.5 months

False; Start at 6:30 youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

Always a strong presser, but just hit a deload so my last workout was 140 5x5 and 120 3x10. Plateaued at 155 5x5 so hoping to nail it on the way back up

Pulled my neck this morning doing it so thats fucked up todays workout

Pause OHP as in stopping on the upper chest
delts work the hardest at the bottom

Well desu that’s the way you’re always supposed to do it.

People would rather stress their spine and push more weight than do an OHP with proper form

Strength building no one gives a fuck about how much you cheat, only you will when you snap.
Bodybuilding would have far lower lifts because they dont cheat, and maintain a perfectly straight spine with lower weight.

Twice I've almost fainted and died right before locking out a max effort OHP. I pushed through the sticking point, then came too at the top and realized I was blacked out for the last second. Has this happened to anyone else? I nowadays just avoid grinders, try to do every rep explosively. I also make sure I take deep breaths before every rep.

did a 55 kg The Press® and didn't even sweat today after adding the other 5 kgs I had to pushpress it

I will do a 1 pl8 OHP in the next weeks no doubt

I've had this happen a few times, got light headed as I started the lift. My hunch is that it has something to do with bloodflow and oxygenation. I always make sure to take deep breathes before going under the bar rather than breathing deep while already under it.

OP here, would you say I am leaning too far back? Thanks in advance.

What app are you using to track your progress?

I have to use Microsoft Excel on the PC cause I ain't gonna pay for the VIP version of fitness apps.

That guy is a faggot. You were fine. Seriously ignore him. Watch that rip video that was posted above if you haven’t already.

Yes, you are.

You need to keep your back straight the entire time, if you're bending at all its too much weight. OHP is one of the hardest exercises you will do for increasing weight because to maintain good form you really have to tuck in your ass and abs and keep yourself steady, but its insanely easy just to bend back even an inch and push far more weight.

tighten up your glutes and lower your ribcage

You need to slightly bend to get the bar out from under your chin. But other than that you should minimize bending as much as possible.

stop larping,

no, move your head backwards

Gotta exhale calmly.

Noticed that first time deadlifting. Gotta sloooowly exhale, inhale on the way down.

One breath in and out at the bottom

breath in again then exhale while lifting

When it cycles with your breathings compounds become 100x times more fun

>spot
>ohp
get your seated out of here

Rippetoe says to use a little hip drive to get some bounce and push the chest out to get the bar past your face.

I do 5x5

Rippe is a complete fucking moron and strength lifter, we are talking bodybuilding

3x8

Dat mass doe

If your goal is BB then why even OHP when dumbbell military press and lateral raises produce superior results?

Squeeze your ass together like your trying to crush something and then tense your abs. You'll find you bend forward a bit but your body is straight

Thats the position you need to lift from, it focuses all your OHP into your shoulders and removes your back and chest completely which is the whole point.

Because its the best compound exercise for front delt shoulder mass and yes no shit you combine it with raises and facepulls so all heads are hit properly.

>If your goal is BB then why even OHP
Because its a great exercise to build mass? Neither raises or DB press hit the front delt as well as an OHP.

This isnt even a strength/bodybuilding thing though. If you bend your back you're harming your spine anyway and cheating to push more weight you cant actually handle. tldr version you're a weak pleb

115lb 5x5

Tbh the 1pl8 OHP seems like a meme to me. The very first time i stepped into the gym I was ohping 1pl8...

bad meme

>tfw have been stuck at 225 since december

>Follow the SL guide on OHP
>Armas 45°
>Forearms straight up
>Raise chest
>Supposedly the bar should now somehow be resting on my chest, but instead quite far from it
Am I just supposed to arch my back to hell and back and contract my scapula too, or what's the deal

in other words you already had significant shoulder training and were already reasonably muscular when you first attempted a barbell OHP. 1x135 is not that impressive anyway.

Seated OHP is even better, since it take core stabilization out of the picture and you can better overload the delts

>owkr
?

The Virgin 135 OHP
The Chad 225 OHP

Currently 5rm is 67.5kg (148.5lbs). Now I'm gonna start following a proper routine self made, with periodization, and progressive overload, so I can increase my lifts on the Bench and OHP mainly, and Squat and Deadlift also.