Calisthenics

>calisthenics
what a joke, if you're doing calisthenics right now with the intentions of getting big just stop now. This guy has been doing this shit for years, is what you would call a professional, and yet still looks like a skinny guy who hit the gym for maybe a year. Yea he looks good but if the amount of time he used doing stupid fucking calisthenics was put towards bodybuilding, this guy would be fucking enormous.
Im not saying calisthenics are bad, but if your goal is to get big, look elsewhere. This guys arms barely fill out a medium tee.
No thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KdeXxA8irtY
wswcf.org/news/street-workout-freestyle-world-championship-2016-regulations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not to mention his legs. I cant find one fucking picture of this guys quads. Why you ask? Cause your legs aint growing with no shit calisthenics.
>picsemirelated
the only fucking picture I could find of his legs. Theres a reason hes always wearing sweatpants at the gym.

user this is why you fail at lifting and at life in general. There are many tools at our disposal and if you don't realise different tools have different uses and outcomes, you're thick as fudge.

Wow I mean I'm one of those guys who'll always tell you to lift weight because it's more effective, but if you think that dude looks like a skinny guy who's lifted for a year, then you have severe - no EXTREME - body dysmorphia.

Not so fast

Post body and time lifting big guy. Lets see your way better results on upper body.

Why do people act that training in a gym is a competition of who gets the biggest fastest?
Training is supposed to be a long term list and it's much better to have a slow steady progress than getting a sick pump for 2 years and then stoppin for 2 months only to lose all your gains.

And while you're at it mention the number of strict form (weighted) pull ups you can do.

this guy has may more functional strength, while maintaining a great physique. im mirin hard, he fucking looks like the protagonist of some final fantasy game or some shit

I've found calisthenics enhance my existence far better than heavy compounds. The movement patterns translate better to real life and feel more natural to me. idgaf how big i get im not some tiny little dude with mental issues.

>if the amount of time he used doing stupid fucking calisthenics was put towards bodybuilding
>if your goal is to get big
>if
Are we done yet

the fuck u on about
he's hot as hell and i bet his back is killer too.
bodyweight is also exceptional for balancing your physique.

>intentions of getting big
FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH

>nigger genetics

More like fictional strength

let's see your "lifting for one year" gains, OP

as if the number of fucking pullups you can do fucking matters.

Face it boys, you think he looks good just cause of the abs and the tats. This joe schmo looking guy cant even fill out his shirt sleeves. If I didnt know who this guy was id say he just started lifting 6 months ago. Why even waste your time if you cant even look j00cy in a shirt. No thanks Ill stick with weights.

calisthenics are all you need to be considered big by normies, lifting for the approval of others is a retarded idea anyway. real men lift for their occupation

youtu.be/KdeXxA8irtY

Vid related. Heria apparently used to do this kind of shit competitively before he became a trainer. Fucken fly tbqh

Also, he a qt. And he has a little boy named Zen who is SUPER FUCKING CUTE HRGH

keep it in your pants pedo

Faggot. I want the daddy

>typing all that out probably left you exhausted because you lack functional strength

T. Coping fattie

t. Assblasted fattie

We all started lifting weights to look better, bro. Don't hate the player...

He obviously doesnt eat big. Not everyone wants to bulk. He might be happy being lighter but ripped.

Quit projecting your insecurities onto others fat ass.

How often do fancy handstands/poses come up as functional? "Functional strength" isn't measured by funky poses, its measured by how physically productive you can be. Cardio and brute strength make a difference, no manual laborer cares about your body weight to strength ratio.

see

can actually climb things with relative ease, fancy poses look cool and brings puss.

Other than the tats his body is way more aesthetic than a fatass powerlifter

>fancy poses look cool and bring puss

>that one dyel faggot hanging from the rafters with his shirt off at the party

Funny, I don't see people climbing things "functionally" very often and it doesn't take an athlete to climb a ladder. If posing for social media attention is your goal, power to ya

the one doing planche pushups and l-sits to handstands.
do them at a calistenics gym get mires, do them in a regular gym get mires, do them as party tricks get mires. if you can just do intermediate-advanced calestenics all normies mire you.

he uses added weight, i think he said in one of his videos that he straight up lifts regular weights occasionally too.

>ITT: some faggot OP who has been going to the gym for a couple months and thinks he's massive
post pic of your body faggot, I bet you wont because you know he looks better than you

mountain climbing, rock climbing, climbing tall fences to get away from people, climbing a tree to get something down, as a society its not like we need a lot of strength but its good to have it just in case. there are situations where you would need to climb something.

>that guy arguing to himself in the corner

>be a regular lifter
>go to party
>bring lots of drinks
>get hammered
>dance
>chat shit with people
>get mired by thots
>brush it off and say something dumb like 'yeah I do zumba'
>laugh and continue having fun with people

>be callisthenics fag
>get invited to party
>don't get mired because of your twink bodyweight
>bring single sugarfree mixer to not ruin your macros
>can't get drunk because you don't want to mess up your ballerina routine
>sip it slowly to not seem like the weird antisocial guy
>sit off to the side and go to the bathroom whenever there's nobody to talk to you
>spend the night trying to think of a situation in which you can get on the floor to do your shit
>one doesn't come up but you do it anyway
>people just stare
>stacie laughs
>'why is user on the floor again?'
>go home
>cry and post on Veeky Forums about how functional you are

>be average Veeky Forums shitposter
>go to party
>stand around in the corner autistically
>eventually go home and pretend to be retarded on the internet to distract myself from my loneliness

you sound like a drunk retard

Mountain and rock climbing are not functional, they are niche and listing them is the same as saying an 800lb benchpress is functional because it means you can also dumbell press 700lbs. Climbing tall fences to get away from people is just idiotic, you should be embarrassed that you thought that was a good justification. Climbing trees to get something is your only good point, but again, very uncommon.

Strength is versatile, why do you think that all jobs that require "functional strength" are dominated by men? I've seen lots of 100lb women doing handstands and cartwheels, why aren't they working manual labor?

>if you're doing calisthenics right now with the intentions of getting big just stop now.
Agreed, but calisthenics is very challenging and rewarding in its own right.

>regular lifter
>drinks
Ask me how I know you're not going to make it

I'd like to think I'm pretty close

i did it because of sports, and because i'm a competitive person who doesn't like losing and wants to get better at heart.

>be OP
>want to get big but too poor living in my mom's basement to go to a gym
>start doing basic bodyweight movements
>make slow and little progress
>"FUCKING CALISTHENICFAGS GTFO YOU CAN'T MAKE IT"

in what fucking realm do you come from where that is what anyone who hits the gym for 1 year looks like

like unless you're on a fucking extremely proper meal program, and puberty just kicked into peak effect. i ask you

Not gonna make it

>drinking and losing sleep to party
This is why you're a regular lifter and not an exceptional lifter faggot

See And now post your backs

How is this anything but a practised routine similar to a dance?

What the fuck is there to be impressed with here?

Theres no rules with regards to form and theres no weight glasses and any way to judge your strength other then reps.

Yet they use momentum and don't do anything more then 1 rep before going to something else.

>Mountain and rock climbing are not functional
Check out this idiot. I bet you're the type who thinks the only functional exercise you can do is typing exercises on a fucking keyboard. Disgusting.

I don't think people do it to get bit, user.

DYEL
Y
E
L

>filthy dubstep
>all caps title
>'TOO SICK!!!'
>snapbacks and tattoos
>cod montage style transitions and effects

You must be 18 to post here

>implying dancing isn't impressive
Actually, look freestyling up before you knock it. For one, in order to do those movements correctly, you need repetitive and extensive work behind the scenes. So in a way, yeah, shit's not that far off from a performance

Wow, its almost as if something you do for fun isn't the same as something that is necessary in every day life. Call the neckbeards, let them know their video games are functional strength.

>no picture of your back
Opinion discarded

>t. Cant even do a 1 armed pull up
Weak

That guy is actually aesthetic

Also,
>making up aribitrary criteria for shit he didn't even know about until now
Quit being an autist. It's a stylized sport that branched of from working out, but it is performance.

>missing the point of the analogy
So tell me: how would you define functional strength, then?

Alright, explain this "analogy" to me. All I see in is an accusation, and all I see in attempts at examples. I'm all ears.

Strength that is applicable in productive situations. Simple as that.

Who cares?

it angers me that being an utter fucking douche nozzle is attractive to many women

So this is just a performance routine?

How are they judged? What are the rules and what categorises something as more difficult then another?

Does the weight of the person have an influence on how the difficulty is judged?

Does the speed of the movement or form have more influence on the scoring?

First of all, this is a different user. Second, I was making fun of you by saying that whatever your definition of "functional" is stupidly narrow and arbitrary (and still undisclosed, considering that you're trying to pass that off onto me. Lazy-ass fuckwit). I was alluding to the fact that you keep writing off skills that people would classify as useful for survival in say, scenarios where you wouldn't have the advantage of most technology or a working law enforcement system as "niche."

So, again, how do (You) define functional strength?

Please feel free to tell me if you still need babby handholding for the rest of the insults that people direct at you for the duration of this thread.

It's called google, m8. I'm not your fucking mother.

>Claims it's a sport but won't explain the rules when questioned

>cannot fucking google it himself
wswcf.org/news/street-workout-freestyle-world-championship-2016-regulations/

Pls be bait.

Ah, so my argument is both "stupidly narrow" and needs to be more specific at the same time then eh? Unfortunately the zombie apocalypse is not part of every-day life yet, I stand by calling those skills "niche", as well as my broad definition of functional strength.

Yes please hold my hand, as you can see i'm getting intimidated into calling people mean things, then mocking them because i'm imagining them shaking in fear.

>7.11Any offenses concerning national or racial hatred are categorically forbidden.
>7.12Dress-code. As street workout sport is distinctive from classical or sports gymnastics, the Participants must present themselves not only with a distinctive performance, but also with a distinctive choice of wardrobe. The requirements for the wardrobe are the following:
>7.12.1 Participants must wear closed-toe shoes. Gymnastic shoes are not allowed.
>7.12.2 Participants must wear long trousers or shorts that are not shorter than 5 cm above the knees. Jogging shorts or gymnastic shorts are not allowed.
>7.12.3 Tight-fitting gymnastics shorts are not allowed.
>7.12.4 The Participants are allowed to use special costumes that fit their chosen themes in order to highlight the richness of their performance (e.g. James Bond, Batman, Zorro, etc.).
>7.12.5 Any tight-fitting gymnastic suits are not allowed.

>broad definition of functional strength
And calisthenics doesn't qualify for this broad definition, right?

>mean
Faggot.

...do both bodybuilding routine and calisthenics then.
>thread

if you're lifting for females this is basically the ideal physique for 90% of them. just saying
>OP probably has Rippetoe physique

>idgaf how big i get

Never gonna make it.

Those poses require a lot of strength, strength endurance and athleticism.
There's no belt and knee wraps and lifting suit and technique that can help you do those.

It takes pure strength. If you don't recognize that then you're a fat ass pussy or a newb lifter who's been doing it for a month or...you're either a shilll or a shit stirrer.
Fuck I fell for a troll.
goddamnit...

Most women aren't into chicken legs on men though...

My argument wasn't against calisthenics not being useful, they are obviously just as useful as any other way of staying in shape. My argument was against funky poses due to low body-weight causing any advantage over the same amount of brute strength at 30lbs heavier (all else equal)

That was poking at your maturity, in case you hadn't noticed. Only time people call me faggot are when they're acting tough on the internet, or when we are literally 12 years old in the schoolyard. Which one of those 2 things are you?

How is getting fat as fuck going to make him stronger?
Sure getting fat as fuck will make the movements harder and thus make him stronger, but what's the point?
To prove that lifting heavy shit is awesome?
Good for you. You like lifting heavy shit.

No one who's doing calisthenics gives a fuck nor are they weak.

>looks like a skinny guy

I can't wait to get out of this country of obesity.

>Literally just sub par gymnasts

It's just shitty gymnastics to music with no judging standards.

cheerleaders : Color guard :: Gymnasts : _______

>calisthenics doesn't turn you into a broiler
No, you need roids for that

But I agree that getting high intensity for your legs is really difficult with pure bodyweight exercises. Various one-legged squats still limited load unless you're fat.

Did you even read what I said? More bodyweight, same strength, same everything else (including cardiovascular capacity). I'm not saying weight training is superior, i'm saying neither is advantageous

Anyway this is me, gotta be up in a couple hours so i'm calling it a night. Thanks for the argument to everyone who took part, was a good time.

>funky poses due to low body-weight
>what is relative strength
>what are endurance and flexibility
Really, your only apparent issue here is that Heria doesn't look yuge.

>maturity
>either acting tough or 12
Or, you know, some random user on an Iraqi Alaskan Malamute petting gala.
>honestly not expecting to be insulted here

Yeah, thanks. Have a good night.

gah one more reply cause I just hit refresh one more time. Again, yes my point is that relative strength doesn't make a difference. All else is equal. Adding factors like endurance and flexibility is ignoring the all else equal part.

I have a lot of respect for Heria, I never meant to argue against his reputation. My argument was against an user misinterpreting his respoectable feats as functional strength

his chest looks extremely disproportionate and stupid, when will the big titty chest meme end, looks borderline tranny desu

So your problem is that he's didn't build his strength with lifting and isn't a strong fat guy?

oh well...

He doesn't want to be a strong fat guy and lift weights. People have things they want to do and a bodytype they want to have that helps them or is just a natural consequence of how they live.

this desu senpai

Thanks for the advice man. It's a good thing I browse this board. I will thoroughly rethink my whole training approach based on such a credible opinion. Please hit us up with some more truth bombs.

why do i keep coming back... No, thats not my problem. I literally just said weight training is not superior, neither is advantageous, both are equal if all elements except body weight are the same.

Seriously dude, people argue on the internet cause its fun. It's no longer fun if somebody doesn't even read what's written for them.

Hahahahaha

Just go to bed, man. Kek.

Doesn't count @ 5'6

When have you ever heard a woman say something among the lines of: damn, look at the juicy legs on that guy? When it comes to having an attractive physique legs are probably at the bottom of the list. Women dont care about your legs unless they arent in proportion with the rest of your body.

Also, those are all different anons.

I say it all the time, many women I interact with say it all the time. DYEL legs are disgusting. Train your fucking legs, we do care. You can't fuck a woman properly if you have 0 strength in your legs. Leglets are worse than manlets.

Agreed. Women are fucking ruthless when it comes to picking apart some poor guy's looks.

women look at asses all the time