Hook Grip

Why haven't you started utilizing hook grip user? Do you want to risk getting a bicep tear?

Too short thumbs

i don't deadlift, i don't want to get bulky

Deadlifts are a meme exercise.
Not only do machines stop you from hurting yourself, they also provide muscle isolation which means more gains because your weaker muscles don't slow down your stronger ones

Fair enough

I deadlift 535lbs and I have a Saitama physique

Nice bait mate

Picked wrong photo. Meant to say mixed grip vs hook grip. Double over hand is perfectly fine so long as your grip can endure the heavy weight

because i have Popeye forearms and i can normal grip the bar

Because my gripp strength is not the limmiting factor by far so I usually let the weigth hang in my fingertips, people look at me weird in the gym, but i can deadlift almost as much with one as with both hands

I hook grip but my left hand just cant keep up with my right I loose grip quickly after 3.5 plate. 4 plate i would be able to get over the knees and have to drop it.
What do I do to improve? I usually thow in some static holds but they dont seem to be helping.

I tried it but I have babby hands and could only just about get my index finger around my thumb. Didn't feel very secure. Is that normal?

i just use straps
if i always use straps there is no downside in using straps

tiny forearms will ruin your otherwise great physique

Hook grip hurts my thumbs

I've been trying it but I just can't seem to get it

this shit will pull your thumb out of your socket.
never do this. it put me out of deadlifts for like 4 months

There are only men's barbells at the gym, and I am cursed with hands the size of those of 10-year-old kids. Luckily this genetic deficit isn't much of an issue in day to day life, because many men like women with small hands.

How much did you deadlift for this to happen?

I have tiny girl hands

Handlet. I can't wrap my fingers around both the bar and my thumb.

if Om Yun Chol can clean over 3 times bodyweight using hookgrip, your hands are big enough to deadlift it

You get used to the pain. After a while your body just gets used to it

What's the best way to get used to the pain? Currently trying my best to shrug heavy with hook grip but fuck does the pain kept me from repping more than 3.

Hook grip only properly works for exercises, where you release the pressure on the thumb in between reps. At least that's my experience with it.

Straps make me feel like it's going to dislocate my wrists - is this normal?

Will mixed grip cause a muscle imbalance? i do have a little difference in my waist? I tried normal grip but fuck its a slow progression. Hook is painful and awkward.

you need to wrap them tighter. Like so tight the bar feels like an extension of your arms. TIGHT, BRO

Never understood hook grip, feels like I have no purchase whatsoever.

I'll stick to chalk and reverse grip

It's kind of hard to explain in text, but try to have your thumb positioned horizontal/parallel rather than at a slight angle. I found that this helped me

Depends on the straps you're using. Try figure 8 straps.

Yes you will eventually develop muscle imbalances if you keep it up. Just try doing a set or two of hook grip each time you deadlift. You'll get used to it. Now when I hook grip the pain doesn't last for more than 15 seconds after the lift.

You'll eventually get to the point where those imbalances from those deads will start affecting your other lifts.

Imagine using both of your lats equally during a heavy deadlift. The weight goes up much easier with double over hand or hook grip than poverty mixed grip

I desdlift around 4 pl8, doesn't actively build any muscles except lower back (somethjng that no one pays attention to) and forearms. i prefer isolation exercises to build forearms and theres almost no scenarios irl where i have to deadlift more than 50 lbs

What about picking up a qt?
And no a cutie is not 50 pounds

>deadlifts girl weight
>"it doesn't build any muscle guys!"

Do most people not switch the grip to even that out?

Only time I go with my 'comfort grip' is when I'm trying to hit a new 1RM.

Deadlifts are the best exercise for your traps

Your gf uses a strapon too

For a lot of people it feels as awkward as trying to wipe your ass with your non dominant hand

Make sure your thumb is running parallel to the bar. I couldn't do it at all before I figured this out.

> What's the best way to get used to the pain?
Ask girls out

Interesting. For my higher rep work I've always liked swapping hands.

Then again, I wipe with whatever hand is free so there's that haha

because it fucking hurts like hell with 405+ and i can't get anywhere near my usual working weights without feeling like my thumbs are about to explode

idk how cailer and belkin and leeman do it with what they lift

they build your traps sure but "best" is a fucking stretch t. 500x1 @ 182