Brazilian Jiu Jitsu bread

>no BJJ thread

Who here does BJJ?

I'm currently about 5 months in and love it. Haven't felt more fit in my life. Still not the greatest at rolling yet, but I'm learning and getting ready to compete.

>tfw no bjj gf to roll with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA
youtube.com/watch?v=lPzVQ98KC0k&ab_channel=Starburst7641
streamable.com/o3vhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did a japanese/hawaiian version of Kenpo for 11 years. I fucking miss it...

ayyy my nigga

what's your game so far?

spider guard/torreando pass/armbar here

I have a friend who is really into jiu jitsu. He invited me to a gym for a free class or something like that but i didnt know what it was so he showed me videos on youtube

>mfw 2 sweaty strong guys fondling eachother hard on the floor

I didnt wanna tell him but lmao it seems so fucking gay I couldnt do it. Im not about to be half naked rolling around with some other dude. yall gay af

Yes, it sounds like OP really enjoys big sweaty men grinding on top of him for an hour at a time.

It's a great martial art. But it must be fucking awful going to the fucking gym every day and roll with sweaty motherfuckers.
>Pic related
The basic guard is the gayest shit ever

>be on fit
>be not gay
Pick one kiddo

Judo black belt and bjj purple. Jiu jitsu is life changing and stay with it. The confidence you will gainz are insane. Plus the people you meet are so genuine compared to other people.

>projecting your faggotry onto a board
end yourself sodomite

my game so far is survival, survival, and more survival.

still have a fuckton to learn

my gym teaches judo also but I haven't done it much yet... but it's mainly because I'm a pussyboi who doesn't want to get slammed down and break an arm (fell and fractured my elbow skateboarding in the past, it sucked)

on the other hand, I need more Judo because the takedowns are so damn important.

Get a grip before you get aids gay boi

Have my first comp tomorrow. Pretty excited and nervous.
been training for year a half.

I hate bjj because grappling on the ground to the exclusion of stand up seems stupid to me.

>I hate bjj because grappling on the ground to the exclusion of stand up seems stupid to me.

>not boxing
Enjoy rolling with your fellow faggots

Well it does. I'm not even going to pull the "muh street fighting" card. It still seems artificial. IDK.

>litterally everyone roids everywhere
What's the purpose even, won't win anyway as natty

Who says you cant train both i dont understand?

pretty sure they teach you stading up techniques
at least in the gracie gym

a pure boxer loses to a pure grappler 99.9% of the time barring a clean one shot KO while the grappler comes in for a clinch or TD

MMA has shown this time and time again, if you don't have grappling you have no say in where the fight takes place, and when you inevitably get taken down you're fucksville

My gym integrates combatives into BJJ. Just because BJJ relies on ground game doesn't mean it isn't super effective. Anyone trained in BJJ that takes you to the ground will fuck up the average dudes shit up pretty good.

You can. I just don't get it. It's me who doesn't get it. Maybe I don't want close contact with other males. I don't know. When I was doing judo and we rolled on the mats it just felt so pointless when I could've lifted the dude up and slam him back, or started punching him. Or hell, biting. It's like, it takes the "martial" out of the "martial arts". Judo seemed a bit artificial too though, but less so.

Yeah but from what I understand the focus is on the ground game.

>that final punch
lol

fuuuaaaark

>Yeah but from what I understand the focus is on the ground game
thats the entire point, helio was a skelly that could do judo so he perfected the moves so he wouldnt need to use alot of strenght

I did BJJ for a year or so and found it consistently miserable to have other people dousing me with their sweat.

couldnt*

The quickest way to a black belt is to get a Brazilian wax, and roll with other men naked everyday for hours. Instant results.

All I know about Helio is that he fought with Kimura and allegedly the mat was softer than usual to prevent a KO. Though it seems like bullshit to me.
Whatever, I guess I just don't like bjj because it used to be shilled as this end-all be-all martial art because of a bunch of MMA wins thanks to it. And then fanboys started going ALL STREET FIGHTS END ON THE GROUND I KNOW BJJ I CAN BEAT ANYONE ON DE STREETZ.

I guess it's very hard to combine it with strength training, considering you need a flexible hip and shit?
If you squat/dead heavy you usually are pretty stiff

I did judo as a 100kg lifter and I had more skillfull skellies throw me. Judo is all about kuzushi, you don't necessarily need strength for that.

I love bjj and mma, but I hate ringworm, so only small doses for me
>armdrag off the back in my favorite move

everybody knows how to throw their hands up and throw a punch of two, but if you dont train wrestling or bjj you cant defend when taken to the ground, thats why the gracies easily beat most of the other fighters on pride, kimura knew ground techniques too
i dont like holding other dudes too i did boxing and i dont really care about street fights but if someone that knows bjj throws you on the ground theres basically nothing you can do its the truth

You can bite him. You can punch him in the dick. You can bash his head against the pavement. Sure he can transfer from a throw into an armbar, but judo is better for that.

That's assuming he can take you down.

But street fighting in general is a bad argument to bring to the table, because it's situational and depends on your location, lifestyle etc. Fighting fratbros 1v1 is different from fighting in London pubs where you get stabbed.

Heavy squats and deads don't make you stiff. Well, deads, maybe.

I'd choke out every here

t. Judoka

If you're in the seattle area and want to have a little competitive roll, I'm down

>You can bite him. You can punch him in the dick. You can bash his head against the pavement.
you cant, and anyway for you to stop someone trying to take you down you also need to know grapling techniches, im not saying bjj is the greatest fighting style ever made im just saying that if someone with ground knoledge gets you on the ground you will lose

What prevents you from biting a man when he has you in guard, assuming he isn't totally owning you?

And here's an example, me, a man who knows some grappling, vs some rando on the street:
1) Guy starts punching me outta nowhere
2) I get him to the ground gently, tell him to calm down and that I didn't mean to offend him
3) He gets up, tries to continue punching, I throw him again
4) He gets up again, continues punching, I lmao at how weak he is
5) I shit you not, 10 of his similarly weak friends show up and try to punch me to death or something
6) They fail to do so before the cops arrive (was like 10 seconds of them ganging up on me, they were very weak)

If I went down with him and tried to choke him or break his arm/leg, I wouldn't be able to kite his faggot friends. They would've stomped me.

>What prevents you from biting a man when he has you in guard, assuming he isn't totally owning you?
because you cant have you ever been on a armlock
>If I went down with him and tried to choke him or break his arm/leg, I wouldn't be able to kite his faggot friends. They would've stomped me.
this is true
again i dont do jiujitsu and i dont care about streetfights for me fighting is a sport, im just saying theres a reason every mma fighter has to have a ground game on point if he wants to be big

This is actually a good point. Dealing with a group of fuckboi's is dangerous and getting on the ground isn't your best option, because fuckboi #2 through #8 can come in and kick you in the head.

This is a good testament to Judo. But no matter what it's better to just get someone to call the cops and do your best to walk away from the situation.

I know at my gym, though I train mostly BJJ, we still drill a bunch of self-defense techniques that are mostly in the standing position because of this.

Guard isn't an armbar though, guard is when the dude's hugging you with his legs, no? Maybe my terminology is wrong.

And yeah, you have to know some grappling for mma. But that's probably the only sport where you'd want to have trained bjj and not judo/wrestling.

guard is a defending position you dont know how to do since you dont know jiujitsu, you wouldnt be able to break into one
and mma is the only sport where you need more than one martial art yea

Judo won't help vs a group of fuckboys because it's trivial to drag a guy throwing you down with you. Boxing is the best imo, but only if you can do it bareknuckle without breaking your arm. And I don't even box.

>That .webm

Good shit.

I did groundwork when I was doing judo but English is my second language so yeah, I don't know how to call what. Seemed to me there was plenty of opportunities to bite though. Not that it would be useful vs a determined dude who's choking you out RIGHT NOW.

>Someone who trains at fighting in one way will beat an untrained person at fighting that way

Wow what a story. The real question is whether you get to actually engage in an extended ground fight in any likely combat situation or if you’d be better served strengthening other skills.

anybody can take a lucky swing guy

Veeky Forums was gay before your first wank faggot.

Implying you can't learn to throw people... Concerning the stand up game, "modern" bjj is more wrestling than judo related anyway

Not sure what your point even is. Learning BJJ doesn’t make you unpunchable. Not saying boxing is “better” but when you go to the ground you lose a ton of situational awareness and mobility. It’s not some the problem of combat.

you cant land a lucky guard pass, if you dont know how the ground techniques you cant really defend them, but anybody can raise their hands its instinctive
and bjj doesnt make you unpunchable but you are also not mike tyson

>The real question is whether you get to actually engage in an extended ground fight in any likely combat situation or if you’d be better served strengthening other skills.

Just so we're clear; a big part of BJJ is effectively taking the person to the ground. In a self-defense situation you can use BJJ techniques and still punch/elbow/knee the absolute fuck out of someone while on the ground, causing serious damage to the person.

There's plenty of real life examples on youtube.

>he bites you through the clothes,
>you gouge his eye pulling his head to the side.
I can guarrantee you that he will let go.

>but you are also not mike tyson
thtop making athumpshuns faggot

>that camera work
good fight tho

Dat acai natty strength.

great way to crack your skull open when it hits the pavement

violate the NAP, hear your neck go SNAP

That's only a result of bad technique.

Double leg/ side control/ arm triangle

leg drag to side control to whatever I want

the tolerance to pull that off is like 5 cm, wouldn't risk that on the pavement

If you're a fat powerifter maybe. Oly lifters squat and deadlift heavy and they're flexible.

BJJ guy could do all of the same things back, but he'd be in a better position to do so

>You can bite him
Yeah wow bite someone who is capable of manhandling you, I'm sure he won't get angry and hurt you more. I'm sure your teeth will knock him unconscious.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA

True, but I saw so many cunt break pinky or get a metacarpal fracture that I honestly think that stockton slap, some elbows and a headbutt are an easy way out.

youtube.com/watch?v=lPzVQ98KC0k&ab_channel=Starburst7641

It's funny how you're wrong on almost every single point

I do Krav Maga. I like it. Been doing it for 14 years

cringing at the technique

Jesus fucking christ, that final punch was so uncalled for holy shit.
The last one definitely brain damaged him, a second concussion so quick jesus fucking christ.
Anyone knows a follow up to this? I would love to know if that nig kid is retarded now.

Aikido blows out all your pathetic "mat sports" in a real fight

Some fun Jiteros?

>he pities a nigger
less bikes were stolen and less white women were raped thanks to this event

I think he was retarded to begin with

fuck off /pol/, go to blacked.com for your nigger fetishes.

I was just wondering if the kid survived and if he had permanent damage after this.

b8

>kid
>6'1 tall nigga
lmao hes just a thug who cares

if he had wrestled, he would have known better than to try a suplex from that starting position

a simple grab around his waist and a trip would have sufficed and a fireman's would have been less risky if he felt comfortable going for a single

>if he had permanent damage after this
he already had one before

the simplest double leg would be so much better

>Hey, bud you wanna swing by this weekend? I got some head shape charts to show you.
Lmao

i think that one is ok

this one isn't though

streamable.com/o3vhw

OH HOLY SHIT

i just yelled "OH FUCK" out loud at the end. That guy is definitely dead from that fucking kick.
Any follow up to this? did the guy go to jail?
Fucking shit, he might get 20 years for that single kick.

20 years for that? Wow. Thats pretty long.

For killing / paralyzing the black gentleman on the ground.

>nigger acts like the world is his and tries to cuck another man because he thinks he can take whatever he wants
>pays the price for doing shit like this

Unironically don't see anything wrong with this. If you intentionally challenge another man,expect a fight, a lot of them won't go your way.

>i just yelled "OH FUCK" out loud at the end.

Never been to reddit friend, I just yelled out loud at the end.
Also I haven't shitposted enough here to be able to greentext properly.

Well yes. But the intention wasnt to kill him. Just give him a good beating.

If you kick an unconscious man, you're facing murder charges. It was long past self defence.

I do meme folk wrestling and it's served me well.

you got into any fights?

jiu jitsu is for pidorashkas
sambo is for men

There's teaching somebody a lesson and then there's excessive force, trying to kill somebody over a stupid situation, ruining his and your own life.

You got cucked by a nigger? fucking retard, not a man enough to satisfy his girl. Jits' is not for you.

>muh dick
wanna know how I know you're a nigger?

whkd?