Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-52g--ypjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>powerlifting was a mistake

F-Fuck.

>samefagging

this isnt even suicide grip, his wrists just folded forward

Spotter in red asleep or something?

Spotting is for lightening the weight of a struggling lifter, not for suddenly supporting 600lbs of catastrophic failure.

you cant be expected to fucking catch and stop 225+ lbs while its falling through the air

Can someone give me a good reason why powerlifting meets don't use safeties for Bench/Squat? I've seen so many vids of people getting fucked up that could have been prevented with safety bars.

He looks pregnant

more lift fails?

Because its cheating and powerlifting is a meme

Cheating?

Correct
Because the safeties would need to be adjusted for each lifter. Rack height already takes a long time, so they just use spotters.
ignore . He's retarded.

The file name

oh yeah, a whole 20 seconds, totally worth risking lifter's life over. Makes sense.

Most gyms where I live don't even have them.

TELL ME WHY POWERLIFTING IS EVEN A THING. ITS THE MOST BORING SHIT TO WATCH. ITS WORSE THAN OLYMPIC CURLIN

He died btw. Some slav guy.

wtf happened? its like his hands disappeared for a split second

He angered the gym wizard

i bet he fucked up the bar path grinding that shit and the weight was heavy enough to fuck his thumbs/wrists

How is it cheating? They're called Safeties for a reason...to save the lifter's life.

If it really is cheating, the rules are fucking retarded.

source?

>powershitting
*inhales*

Lmao why are you so passionate about this thing you hate?

Dunno but in lots of meetings in my country they use safeties and adjust them for every spotter.

The only one who is retarded is you for ignoring a lifter's safety because it takes "time" to adjust safeties.

that guy actually died.

The IPF do use bench safeties now though

Most sports aren't for you to watch

>powerlifting feds
>in charge of not being retarded
youtube.com/watch?v=M-52g--ypjA

>"What's your hobby user? What do you do on your free time?"
>"uhhhhhhhhhhhh i is move iron around in movements so i strong. I also compete wit other fat people of move iron around. Great stuff"

Relatively new lifter here, just over 6 months in and starting squats/deads soon. Isn't arching your back on the barbell bench press bad? Don't you want to be flat? Seems like a way to get injured.

This hurts to watch. I don't like seeing people get hurt trying to do something they love.

You do realise you can trivialise pretty much anything that way

Yes, flat as possible with back of head pushed into bench tightly.

Benching puts no strain on your lower back, you can arch as much as you want.
Some people say it hits your chest more that way. For me personally it's just more comfortable

>hurr me look at paper with black juice on it
>hurr me look at pretty moving pictures
>me go to trees and walk

Why drive the head into the bench, does it add a bit of extra push or is it just the rules? I find myself doing a little nod when I bench sometimes and it feels sort of natural

>doing hobbies to please other people
I don't understand this meme??

>unironically replying to robots
Shiggy diggy

>Don't you want to be flat?
By arching your back, you bring your chest closer to the bar's starting position.
This shortens the range of motion, allowing you to move heavier weights.

That looks like more than 400lb.

His name was Igor Golushkin and this happend in 2012. When he did 360lbs before the bar slipped aswell but was catched by the spotters.

Is powerlifting the biggest meme strength sport of them all?

Fucking niggers.

at a powerlifting competition in the city of Shahty slipped his grasp and crushed his chest. The crushing weight of the barbell severely hemorrhaged his heart, destroyed his diaphragm, broke his ribs and ripped torn his abdominal cavity.

fat idiot