/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to the powerlifting general!

This thread is intended for becoming a better athlete on the platform, but we accept other strength training discussion as well. Post about PRs, meet prep, training, and anything else related to getting as strong as you can be.

>take care of your callouses edition

Let's get the ball rolling:

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ix10WjQ9ycc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First

deadlift stance/foot position is 100% individual

Gib good deadlift routines pls

Squat 3-4 times a week.

Deadlift only if you were with proper proportions for it.

1x5 everyday with no days off, +5kg everyday. When you start stalling just do 1x1 everyday and add 5kg. Ezpz.

Cuckols 1x int. Got me to 230 kg pull. Try Candito 6 week too (was sceptic at first due volume, but gonna pull 5 plates for reps on last week of current cycle so I guess it works).

Tips for strengthening weak core? My core gives up before legs when doing heavy squats atm.

So for a hypertrophy block the limit is just essentially how much you can physically recover from. Otherwise you can just add as much volume as you want (in the proper intensity ranges obviously no just 5lbsx1000).

That sounds about right, correct?

What about a strength block? Is it the same concept except in higher intensity ranges? The more reps you do at a given intensity, the better? (barring you going past your ability to recover)

c6w works amazingly for my deadlift even there are so few sets of it.

Ab wheel

Leg Raises

Front squats

Stir-the-pots a la McGill

>strength block
Do you mean Bulgarian?

>What about a strength block? Is it the same concept except in higher intensity ranges?
No. Strength blocks force CNS adaptation, but the reduced volume eventually will lead to detraining.

Which is why you deload, then go back to the volume/hypertrophy block again.

Peaking/block periodizing is overrated. Training concurrently is often best for most lifters.

That's a peaking method, and not a good one at that.

I'm talking about development of strength not peaking it.

Is KK natty or not?

what are some good ab accessories? I'm having trouble keeping my back neutral

He takes creatine. I've been in the same gym with him and he told me personally, word by word: "cyka blyat cheeki breeki pierogi creatina".

wow that question has literally just been answered

disregard this post

>strength and hypertrophy blocks
>instead of hypertrophy and peaking in different exercises to build strength
You are a GDE. Just have a volume day and an intensity day.

Very not.

>WAWTT

Machine bench and OHP, ezbar tricep extensions, deadlifts, and pulldowns.

>WAWET

Mediocre protein sources and ice cream.

>WAWLTT

Rise Against.

>WAWFT

Bored and lonely.

>cyka blyat cheeki breeki pierogi creatina

kek

So for a HLM type outline do rep and set ranges really matter other than preference, as long as you have an intensity/lighter movement/higher volume split going on.

If you think he's natty I have some nice beach front property in the desert to sell you

Mass lost in a strength block should be minimal if any at all. Look at Malanichev, ever see him doing more than 5 reps? Sounds like you're thinking of a taper and peaking phase. Ideally if you're not trying to gain mass, wouldn't you wave in volume and intensity?

I'm trying to understand the concept behind making a strength phase the best it can be in the simplest form of block periodization.

Obviously just blasting endless 5s at 80% will cause overreaching or staleness at some point. But say lifter A can do 25 reps at weight X, while lifter B manages 30 reps. You would assume, knowing nothing else, that lifter B is 'stronger' and capable of a higher 1RM correct?

What's with the DUP circlejerk?

>What's with the DUP circlejerk?
Stay smol. youtube.com/watch?v=Ix10WjQ9ycc

Malanichev is juicing to the max with injectables and orals, his fucking eyes are protuding and yellowish, his liver is swolen.
He does nothing more than 5's because the drugs take care of the hypertrophy side of things.

I don't think that he's ever failed a drug test :^)

Friendly reminder that, while your training is important, there are plenty of things that you can do that will be nearly as effective as anything else you'd do.

Yes. Eating protein. Having sex. Consuming plazma. Do that and you might not be a weak fuck anymore.

Sets/reps don't matter AS much, but if you look at typical Rippetoe/Baker programming for HLM, you'll see that they still generally incorporate it as one of the changes.

PPST3RD has 5x5 heavy, 3x5 light, 4x5 medium squats, might use the same for 5x5 Bench, 3x5 Press, 4x5 Close Grip, etc.

Baker's "Garage Gym Warrior" uses 4, 2, and 3 sets when it's the same lift, and uses only 3 sets for light when a different lift is used (as in when Press is light and Bench is heavy and medium).

The other technique that's used is to overlay some WUP or Block Periodization on top of the DUP which is part of HLM. For example, doing sets of 8, 5, 3 reps by week. Or in the case of GGW program, doing waves of 6, 5, 4 reps and then adding weight to all of them. Or in the case of the various powerlifting examples in PPST3RD some use blocks.

The original Texas Method "running it out" (pic related) was, technically speaking, a linear periodization overlayed onto a DUP program.

>WAWTT
High Bar 205kg x1 180kg 5x1
Bench 130kg x1 120kg 5x1
Machine Shoulder Press 3x10
Rear Delt Raises 3x15

Pretty comfy, everything felt silky smooth. Was kinda sleepy and pretty lazy throughout the whole workout though so focused on form. Went for some McD's and watched The Shape of Water with my fiance later.

I'm juicy too but not permablasting like an idiot so periodization is relevant.

Volume block with wet compounds to put on more mass. Transition into strength block with more androgenic compounds.

Going to be using HRV to track my fatigue so I can have an objective measure to how hard I can go in progression before overreaching. I wanted to know which variable to push in my strength block. Should I try and consistently add reps at a given intensity or should I try and increase intensity with a given set of reps? Neither?

deadlift every day user
this was my routine, got from 140kg x 5 to 180kg x 5 and 200kg x 1.

My new routine is volume rows, rdls, and heavy rack pulls and deficits for a couple months along with squats and leg curls before going back to train off the floor.

>WAWTT
Bench 3x5 92.5
OHP 5x10 55
DB OTE 3x10 25
Lateral Raise 3x10 8
Triceps Pulldown 3x10 10pl8
Facepulls 3x10 12pl8

>gym waifu missed a clean and jerk pr then buried her head in her hoodie

IM SO FUCKING DONE WITH CUTTING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had the same thing happening to me, its tendinitis. See a physiotherapist asap, mine poked holes in my elbow and tricep when i had it and it was as good as new afterwards.

>he still hasn't attempted to be more than just acquaintances with her

C'mon dude.

Here is a (you) faggot

I’m suprised you haven’t killed yourself

projection

feed me

also projection

don't tell me what to do dad

I just want you to be less of a lonely, pathetic autist. Clearly whatever you're currently doing is not working.

mom said I'm a nice young man any young lady would be lucky to have though

my princess will come when she is ready

well shit if your mom said it it must be true. Lucky lad

ikr

Here’s another (you)

Listen to me man
Go out get a girlfriend don’t be like me
I want you to succeed
But I want you to kill yourself first

buy this for me

She's trying to convince the both of you.

gf requirements:

>have at least 1 real hobby
>do something for fitness
>make atleast 40,000 a year
>don't be a nigger lover
>have some sense of self respect and decency
>reasonably intelligent
>no catastrophic genetic ailments
>no communists or enablers
>good relationship with family
>white

reminder if your standards are any lower than this you are an incel who idolizes women

lads what are some good collars to get?

>gf
>make money
found the poorfag
my gf will spend all her time supporting me because I am God and it would be a waste of time for her to try and work on her own

enjoy retiring at 65 like the rest of the proles

if your wife does not make money and is not currently full time raising children she is literally leaching

>he doesnt have plans to become a sole proprietor and become financially free by the age of 25

lol you and everyone else with a failed business

We /too high standards/ general now

>have at least 1 hobby
>be either skinny or muscular
>bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a stem related field
>no serious mental health issues including depression or anxiety
>very intelligent
>7+/10
>very strongly preferably short (5'2-5'4) with dark hair

Define Muscular
Define Serious mental health
define very intelligent

Finished chest, shoulders, triceps session today.
Bench 3x5 @ 92.5kg
OHP 5x10 @ 50kg (got 9 reps on 3rd and 5th sets)
DB OTE 3x10 @ 25kg
DB Lateral Raises 3x10 @ 8kg
Triceps pulldown 3x10
Facepulls 3x10

>9 reps on 3rd and 5th sets
REST LONGER

shut up sean

If your goal is hypertrophy right now why aren't you benching at 3-5 sets of 10 with a lighter weight?

>deadlift stance/foot position is 100% individual

t. nimrod with embarrassingly shit lifts

gym was packed and didn't want to hog the equipment, otherwise I would've.

I alternate between volume benching and intensity OHP. Next session will be 3x5 OHP @ 70kg followed by 5x10 bench @ 80kg.

someone kill me

Sounds really cute honestly

>he doesnt have "few to no former lovers in there"
Youre a cuck

Projection

+450 wilks in 3 months

>"Just get stronger user, you'll feel a lot better about yourself"

>"why are his legs so fucking big?"
>"Wtf is he going to do with a back like that"
>"What are those, wings?"
>"He's going to ruin his body"
>"no one will hire him"

I did 140 x3 the other day, put the correspondent 1rm in.
Doesnt seem like it would be nearly enough intensity and or volume.

Do I even need to train deadlifts or can I just do squats instead? Or just train a variant, like deficit or snatch grip or romanian?

you do as your told little cuckboi.

Ok /plg/ I'm sick of wasting time on my own fullbody routine
What's your absolute favorite prpgram to get strong and big.
My numbers are shite, nowhere near 1234 1rm, and I've been training for a year and a half, but tbf I was an untrained skelly when I started.
I already tried Nuckols' programs and 531

if you don't compete there is no reason why you should have to do the competition lifts
now that doesn't mean you shouldn't do them, only that it is not a necessity
so for example if you don't want to do sumo but a conventional full ROM deadlift wrecks your spine because you lack the mobility to have a straight lumbar in the starting position, then you might switch to trap bar deadlifts or block pulls

now if you do compete then obviously you have to train the deadlift

Don't do anything that's remotely difficult or requires for you to learn and make mistakes.

Dummy, forgot to mention.
I dont compete or dream to compete, I'm not built for it and I suck anyways.
I just want to strive to get stronger

>tfw finally gaining weight

Please go advice Shaw how he should try to deadlift like Konstantin Konstantinovs and Konstantin to deadlift like Shaw

>tfw finally losing weight

Everything that exist, is in itself and for itself and interacts with other in-itselfs and for-itselfs.

KK is as natural as everything that is, da-sein.

Deadlift more weight or reps than you did the last time.
Repeat twice a week

Fuck man, this is genius advice. Has anyone thought of this before? I am going to do exactly this and will be blogging about my progress.

Please do keep us updated

Blog
>dont train arms because got bicep tendinitis
>increase in size by half an inch
probally because my bench went up bu 20kg. only thing i did was 1x20 on curls every other day as rehab.

Was afraid that would get smoll tb h guess thst maintainjg is just easy

Rolled my ankle yday and didn't lift

Now I have two sessions in a row.

Stats? Previously ran programs? Weakness?

is that a smart thing to be doing at your level?

please link me a video about good rowing technique on the erg

No but Probably better than equipped squatting on a sore ankle? Judgement call

Cba to look. Don't erg. They suck.

When I started to train arms directly all of my presses went up.
6'3 or 6'4 wingspan at 6'4.

i got 6'2 wingspan at 5'9

bet you have fun time diddylifting
i dont'

>do squats and bulgarian split squats and never injure my knee
>do jump rope, or even jump off a 150cm fence on both feet and get instant knee injury
Okay, I'm shit at jumping and my knees are not used to it. Will jump training help me?

yes i do

how much do you bench im at near 140kg

>jump on garages as a kid
>climb trees as a kid
>jump from 1st floor in school as a kid
You missed out on your knee training

tl;dr from the get go

>been lifting 10~ months
>squat 160kg, 5x5
>look up record in Australia
>it's 290kg 1RM for 83kg
>I'm 80kg

What are the odds I can even get close to this? Keeping in mind I've not even been particularly training for squats, have just always had stocky/strong legs.

So close now boys.

45kg for 3x7

And if you ever did squat 290kg the record will be like 320jg by then

no but squatting 600lbs will

jumping running etc are all high impact if you didnt do that shit as a kid better just stick to squating

rest it