If so what are ur splits and shit

Best cardio

Good way to warm up

As a warm-up yes

What's your 2k

Rowed for 6 years. Rowing for uni now. Ask whatever

What's your favourite "______berry"?

strawberry

u sure youre not a cocks in? port or starboard?

just 5 mins as a warm up. like most cardio it bores the fuck out of me.

Rowed competitively from 14 to 29 across all levels and a few years for the US. I still erg, but damn I miss it.

poast erg scores

yes

at what resistance am I supposed to row on those machines? I usually go with 8 but I'd like to know what others do

concept2.com.au/indoor-rowers/training/tips-and-general-info/damper-setting-101

i did 1000 meters in 3:43 is that good?

i dont row regularly

uhhh so the time splits from a certain resistance level can be compared to time splits from a different resistance level?

just got back from the gym from my rowing session

rowing is good shit

i started doing it because i always developed shin splints, now i can run fine thanks to daily kung fu stretches and exercises that just turn your calves into beastmode

now, I can do both run and row and it's really good shit together

Anyone ever try water rowers? Is it a more authentic feel?

Yep! I row 3 x 3km every day maintaining 1km every 5 minutesm I have been doing it for 3 months straight now.

Now that I have been actively rowing for so long I brought some weights and I'm going to start lifting too.

Err.. wrong pic.

I used to fall for the rowing meme, then I realized it's shit cardio and a waste of time
It's shit. Best cardio is either running or swimming.

5:55 2k
18:47 6k
2:24:00 marathon

2k PR on the erg is 6:28, 5'10" and 157. I rowed in high school and uni, always was quite good at sculling but was usually the bow seat.

>shit cardio
You were doing it wrong I guarantee.

Question for you, or anyone else:

I took a couple years off from rowing after uni before trying to get back at it. The thing is, I have a hip problem, not sure if it is snapping hip or something else. After I finish a stroke and go to start the recovery, my hip is tight and jerks a little bit on the top inside, like where the hip flexor is. Occasionally when I am pulling as my legs extend fully there is a sort of snap/crack sound in the hip.

I think it may be tightness from squats and deads but not sure. I've been trying to fix it with split squats, rolling/mobility work, focusing glutes at the catch, and really separating arms, body, legs order on the recover.

Anyone have a similar problem? I just want to get back on the water.

Me too user. I dream of the water.

My hips can make that snapping/popping feeling too. Try stretching your hip flexors and do more hip mobility work? See a PT if it's bothering you.

>You were doing it wrong I guarantee.
No, it's shit cardio, and an irredeemable waste of time if you haven't a vested athletic interest in competitive outdoor rowing, period. If you value your time, you'll pick swimming or running.

You were doing it wrong, kiddo.

If you're talking about

>the machine
Once in a while

>a boat
Yeah, I do dragonboating (am Chinese, not from USA, also not mainland chinese)

>kiddo
epic namecalling.
>exrx.net/Aerobic/Exercises/RowErgometer.html
> Impact: Low
40 minutes MISS (moderate intensity steady state cardio) with either running or swimming is not even remotely comparable to indoor rowing.

Just bought one. I love it