/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N6g9fDcdmQY&list=UUPTWOs5ItY1Ouz-HoVkS34w&index=15
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLenKDX-xRP1K6mNqAccr7kUPEqQso7Gw2
youtube.com/channel/UC94_fvLx7abZgs9LIkM7jxw
instagram.com/p/BfUFAYMFznJ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(((Koha)))

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter""" by the pudgy little manlets with shit lifts ITT

THIS is what you impotent ladyboys fawn over? THIS corpulent fucking slob right here? maaaaaan, you bouncelifting losers are truly the embarrassment of Veeky Forums. no wonder your dog shit threads slide to the archives so fast lmaoooooooooo. no bump. kys, faggots.

I've been doing weightlifting for two and a half months now and holy shit it's tons more fun than i thought it would be
It's also a shit ton more technical and frustrating than i feared it would be

I have found that playlist which helped me quite a bit youtube.com/watch?v=N6g9fDcdmQY&list=UUPTWOs5ItY1Ouz-HoVkS34w&index=15
And also these two vids
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLenKDX-xRP1K6mNqAccr7kUPEqQso7Gw2
And that channel in general is pretty cool
youtube.com/channel/UC94_fvLx7abZgs9LIkM7jxw

My second competition was yesterday and it was fucking awesome, i've made a clip here instagram.com/p/BfUFAYMFznJ/

I don't think i have the potential to win any medals, but i enjoy lifting heavy things for fun. How often should i compete?

Soooo can we agree that jts is way too pretentious. The only good thing from it is Quinn.

Max's stories of his experiences under Bulgarian-type training are interesting to listen to.

Any specific drills that focus on catching deep in the clean? I can't seem to stop powering and if the weight gets too heavy the movement just turns into a (high) clean pull. I have a similar issue with the snatch. That being said I'm pretty happy that I managed to power clean 95 kg with a front squat 1RM of 115 kg.

I have been stuck on 30 Snatch and 50 CNJ for a few months now. I wan't nice numbers like you guys. How long should BW CNJ and BW Snatch take normally? Am I just retarted?

hang clean

also I've heard it said you only have to pull the clean as high as your bellybutton then get under it

Thanks. I tried hang cleans last workout but somehow they feel really awkward. I can't keep the bar close like in the full lift. Are hip cleans a good substitute?

How high do you need to pull the snatch then?

Your nipples

why does she wear these slav flipflops so much

Slave to the Big Slavic Cock of the Mongol Horde that fills up her cuntry rather than the poor tiny penis owned by g*rmaNoids like Panzy

i bought a powerlifting-style belt. can i use it for weightlifting or is my only hope to become a bloatmaxx powerlifter?

>olympic wl is not a bloatmaxx sport
lol
see the best olympic weightlifter in the world

Pls be in stones.

>Destiny pic in a fucking weightlifting thread on Veeky Forums
He really has reached meme status hasn't he. This is jarring.

k.

can i still use a 10mm non-tapered belt, or should i save it for when i feel like doing PL workouts?

Bump

What can I do in terms of exercise if I slightly injured my knees squatting?

You have to tell us more about your situation. How bad was it? Can you still squat / pull / jump without pain?

My friend once fucked up his knee for a few months. He did lots of pulls / no feet powers from blocks / from hang. Also lots of upperbody stuff, back extensions and tissue work. After his injury he took 2 weeks to get back to his working sets, and in a month he made new PRs.

It happened probably because I did like 6x6 80% ATG squats while fatigued after 2 hours of training. No severe inflammation or anything. It hurts like a patellar tendinitis would and it gets more painful when I squat down. Right knee hurts more than left.

I caught a snatch a bit too far behind and recovered it but my elbows hurt pretty bad and it wasn't a good look. I have never ditched a lift behind what is the procedure? Do it just drop it and jump forward?

Should I to get some practice in at the top of a lift drop it behind just to get the feel? I have never practiced bails maybe now is the time. My friend who has trained me a bit and writes my program has said it isn't good to practice bails this early while not having good technique as it is not good to train to fail. So I have thought of dropping it behind at the top of a snatch just too get comfortable with the idea of dropping it behind not exactly in a bail situation.

Bulgarian training folks

4.3 BELT
4.3.1 The maximum width of the belt may not exceed 120 mm.
4.3.2 No belt may be worn under the competitor's costume.

is the rules concerning belt

Definitely practice dropping it behind and don't end up like me.

Caught a 72kg snatch on my lower back. Feel super lucky I didn't paralyze myself or break my wrists.

Have you guys ever dealt with bloody shins? I don't really scrape my shins all the way, but i usually cut myself in the place where the bar is at the starting position. I can move my shins out of the way just fine in the

Just use socks/long pants

But i think it only hides the real problem

No it doesnt, the bar is supposed to slide on your shins

aizpis muti ezel

>Looking for help in a somewhat technically based activity
>Not posting videos of you performing said activity
>Looking for help in a largely strength based activity
>Not posting some strength landmarks (squat/deadlift numbers per example) or your programming for strength training

Yep, you're just retarded.

You might also just have a vertical leap of 7 inches or something.

Stop squatting ATG for a week (or forever), take 800 mg of ibuprofen (that's usually going to be four Advil pills) three times a day for four days, provided you don't have any contraindications for something like that, such as ulcers or other stomach issues on that level). Then see how it feels. Also, stop taking the ibuprofen for a couple of days after that.

knee pain isn't real

lol i bounced 80kg off my tailbone the other day
barely felt a thing

Holeeefuk

Not sure if cns drained or getting over cold but I feel tired as fuck. Guess tomorrow’s weights will let me know.

Took your advice guys and I came up with this.

MMon
muscle clean practice + fs + ohs

Deficit deadlift 1x1 4x4
Jerk work up to a single
push press 4x4
Front squat 4x4

Tuesday
general snatch hip contact and drop under practice

Box Snatch 6x2
Box clean 5x3
Incline Dumbbell press 4x10
Face pull 4x10