Is keto diet a meme?

Is keto diet a meme?
I switched recently and my immune system shat itself. I have a fever now and headache. Before switching diet I got mildly ill once a year max.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bU2ByJ-zxfg
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bHXP04ipDx8
masteringdiabetes.org/ketosis-ketogenic-diets-misleading/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555979/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16...
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...
epilepsy.com/learn/treatin...
youtube.com/watch?v=zTuK6QKBvcc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3314346/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593165/
youtube.com/watch?v=b50yZ8LPlAQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11679437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's keto flu. Your body is getting used to not constantly having sugar. It passes in three days and you enter ketosis.

Doesn't sound healthy at all.

yes

Keto is a dumb meme that will wreack your health just to get you the same you could get from not being stupid and just counting calories in a balanced diet.

Keto takes several days to settle in. Only start it on Thursdays if you are working mon-fri. Once your body has adjusted you'll feel normal.

On another note, eat around 20g of carbs a day to protect kidneys etc, easy to get those anyway.

>20g of carbs
1 can of coke?

dont drink coke

I have to study for a few tests coming up but be on the lookout maybe Tuesday night or Wednesday because I’m making a huge ass thread as to why a keto diet is bad for you physically

What should I drink?
Water has no sugars and fruit juice is as bad as coke.

Bread Kvas maybe?

what the fuck is in this picture

But I do want to lose weight. Also I include protein in my died and only avoid sugars.

This nigga ain't no Professor.
Why should I trust him?

yeah, so is quitting smoking or meth

come on you fucking faggot, use your brain.

looks like butter and some kind of beef.

I've been doing keto for a couple months now and never experienced anything like this. I slowly worked my way to a total keto diet over a couple weeks, so maybe that's why.

I honestly just felt better and better as I progressed.

water, coconut water, i sometimes make fresh pressed juices at my house but they arent necessary.

Liver with cheese :)

>use your brain
Can't. No sugar to fuel my brain :(

There are no cheap coconuts in my country. Juice is 100% sugar. You remove all the fiber.

yes but its not refined sugar so its still a bit different if used appropriately can be good, i use a beet juice with a couple fruits and kale as a pre workout. there is tons of antioxidants and some vitamins/minerals as well. so its not just 'pure sugar'.

Looks like rotten meat in a garbage can with a block of tofu on top

Keto is a meme, I tried it for 3 months and felt like shit all the fucking time. And Inb4 "muh keto flu" I took a Magnesium and Potassium supplement and drank lots of chicken broth for sodium. Having no carbs is just overall a shit idea because you have no energy.

A much more effective diet is one meal a day, I have so much mental focus and energy now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8

Why are you posting youtube videos from me nobodies instead of proper pubmed study? Will you link to Alex Jones next?

That's not keto retard

So why do I need a little bit of sugar in Keto diet if my body doesn't need no sugar?

didnt say it was you shit cunt. keto is for cucks anyway

>4 cucks
How? It requires meat instead of soy, am I not correct?

I'm not advocating for keto. I did it for a few months and lied to myself saying I felt fine, but I was in a shit mood all the time. My point is that it sounded like you were calling whatever you were doing a ketogenic diet.

Keto doesn't exclude soy and does not auto-include meat. You're a retard

>I am to intellectual too watch a video

Pretty much. Stop wasting my time with your bro science.

video i posted is backed by science

didnt intend for it to sound that way

>no links to studies in the description

Fuck off shill. I'm not giving views to this bald soyboy.

>Namecalling

*tips IQ*

Le supreme intellectual is too wise for actual counterargument

You tried to make me watch this fag twice.
Sorry, it ends now.

because its a shit diet, the science backing it is flawed.

Buttery fat lard looking stuff and and waded up wet dirty cheap brown paper towels.

not a shill, this is legit
.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ

>changes his diet in the middle of flu season
>gets sick
>somehow thinks it's the food's fault

Keto is pretty good if you want to induce t2 diabetes.

It's how we do it in lab mice rats.

t. mouse genecider

p.s. enjoy your t2d

also this youtube.com/watch?v=bHXP04ipDx8

That's what everyone says, literally a waste of time to click on any youtube links posted on Veeky Forums.

>implying that food cant help prevent sickness

Not a single link to a real study in this thead. You guys are useless.

are you mentally challenged

i posted new ones with links

You can find the sources on his website. The video is faithful to the written article.

masteringdiabetes.org/ketosis-ketogenic-diets-misleading/

How does it work?
How can I develop diabetes with no insulin resistance?

>masteringdiabetes.org

That's not how you spell PubMed, dipshit.

>masteringdiabetes.org/ketosis-ketogenic-diets-misleading/
>couldnt read the 50 references lmao

I'm not watching your shit man. Deal with it.
Post links here if it's not about the money.

thanks bro

1. Dimitriadis G, Mitrou P, Lambadiari V, Maratou E, Raptis SA. Insulin effects in muscle and adipose tissue. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011 Aug 1;93:S52–9.

2. Poloz Y, Stambolic V. Obesity and cancer, a case for insulin signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2015 Dec;6(12):e2037.

3. Ferrannini E, Haffner SM, Stern MP. Essential hypertension: an insulin-resistant state. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1990;15 Suppl 5:S18-25.

4. Reaven GM. Banting lecture 1988. Role of insulin resistance in human disease. Diabetes. 1988 Dec;37(12):1595–607.

5. Swislocki AL, Hoffman BB, Reaven GM. Insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and hyperinsulinemia in patients with hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 1989 Jun;2(6 Pt 1):419–23.

6. Després JP, Lamarche B, Mauriège P, Cantin B, Dagenais GR, Moorjani S, et al. Hyperinsulinemia as an independent risk factor for ischemic heart disease. N Engl J Med. 1996 Apr 11;334(15):952–7.

7. Zavaroni I, Bonini L, Gasparini P, Barilli AL, Zuccarelli A, Dall’Aglio E, et al. Hyperinsulinemia in a normal population as a predictor of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and coronary heart disease: the Barilla factory revisited. Metabolism. 1999 Aug;48(8):989–94.

8. Reaven G. Insulin resistance and coronary heart disease in nondiabetic individuals. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012 Aug;32(8):1754–9.

9. Reaven G. Insulin resistance, hypertension, and coronary heart disease. J Clin Hypertens Greenwich Conn. 2003 Aug;5(4):269–74.

10. Kraegen EW, Cooney GJ, Ye J, Thompson AL. Triglycerides, fatty acids and insulin resistance--hyperinsulinemia. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes Off J Ger Soc Endocrinol Ger Diabetes Assoc. 2001;109(4):S516-526.

11. Sumiyoshi M, Sakanaka M, Kimura Y. Chronic Intake of High-Fat and High-Sucrose Diets Differentially Affects Glucose Intolerance in Mice. J Nutr. 2006 Mar 1;136(3):582–7.

12. Itani SI, Ruderman NB, Schmieder F, Boden G. Lipid-Induced Insulin Resistance in Human Muscle Is Associated With Changes in Diacylglycerol, Protein Kinase C, and IkB-α. Diabetes. 2002 Jul 1;51(7):2005–11.

13. Yamamoto Noguchi CC, Kunikane N, Hashimoto S, Furutani E. Mixed model of dietary fat effect on postprandial glucose-insulin metabolism from carbohydrates in type 1 diabetes. Conf Proc Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc Annu Conf. 2015 Aug;2015:8058–61.

14. Boden G, Shulman GI. Free fatty acids in obesity and type 2 diabetes: defining their role in the development of insulin resistance and β-cell dysfunction. Eur J Clin Invest. 2002 Jun 1;32:14–23.

15. Boden G. Role of fatty acids in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance and NIDDM. Diabetes. 1997 Jan;46(1):3–10.

16. Boden G. Fatty acid-induced inflammation and insulin resistance in skeletal muscle and liver. Curr Diab Rep. 2006 Jun;6(3):177–81.

17. Galgani JE, Moro C, Ravussin E. Metabolic flexibility and insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Nov;295(5):E1009-1017.

18. Roden M. How free fatty acids inhibit glucose utilization in human skeletal muscle. News Physiol Sci Int J Physiol Prod Jointly Int Union Physiol Sci Am Physiol Soc. 2004 Jun;19:92–6.

19. Silveira LR, Fiamoncini J, Hirabara SM, Procópio J, Cambiaghi TD, Pinheiro CHJ, et al. Updating the effects of fatty acids on skeletal muscle. J Cell Physiol. 2008 Oct;217(1):1–12.

20. Roden M, Price TB, Perseghin G, Petersen KF, Rothman DL, Cline GW, et al. Mechanism of free fatty acid-induced insulin resistance in humans. J Clin Invest. 1996 Jun 15;97(12):2859–65.

What am i looking at? Tofu and mushrooms?

21. Shulman GI. Cellular mechanisms of insulin resistance. J Clin Invest. 2000 Jul;106(2):171–6.

22. Randle PJ, Garland PB, Hales CN, Newsholme EA. The glucose fatty-acid cycle. Its role in insulin sensitivity and the metabolic disturbances of diabetes mellitus. Lancet. 1963 Apr 13;1(7285):785–9.

23. Hirabara SM, Silveira LR, Abdulkader F, Carvalho CRO, Procopio J, Curi R. Time-dependent effects of fatty acids on skeletal muscle metabolism. J Cell Physiol. 2007 Jan;210(1):7–15.

24. Hirabara SM, Curi R, Maechler P. Saturated fatty acid-induced insulin resistance is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010 Jan;222(1):187–94.

25. Hirabara SM, Silveira LR, Alberici LC, Leandro CVG, Lambertucci RH, Polimeno GC, et al. Acute effect of fatty acids on metabolism and mitochondrial coupling in skeletal muscle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Jan;1757(1):57–66.

26. Yu C, Chen Y, Cline GW, Zhang D, Zong H, Wang Y, et al. Mechanism by which fatty acids inhibit insulin activation of insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1)-associated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity in muscle. J Biol Chem. 2002 Dec 27;277(52):50230–6.

27. Barnard ND. Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes Without Drugs. Rodale; 2006. 290 p.

28. Fuhrman J. Eat to live the amazing nutrient-rich program for fast and sustained weight loss. New York: Little, Brown and Co.; 2011.

29. Lebovitz HE. Insulin resistance: definition and consequences. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes Off J Ger Soc Endocrinol Ger Diabetes Assoc. 2001;109 Suppl 2:S135-148.

30. Kahn CR. Insulin resistance, insulin insensitivity, and insulin unresponsiveness: a necessary distinction. Metabolism. 1978 Dec;27(12 Suppl 2):1893–902.

Was it so hard to start backing your claims with sources instead of baiting people to give money to your friends?

31. Rabinowitch IM. Effects of the High Carbohydrate-Low Calorie Diet Upon Carbohydrate Tolerance in Diabetes Mellitus. Can Med Assoc J. 1935 Aug;33(2):136–44.

32. Rabinowitch IM. EXPERIENCES WITH A HIGH CARBOHYDRATE-LOW CALORIE DIET FOR THE TREATMENT OF DIABETES MELLITUS. Can Med Assoc J. 1930 Oct;23(4):489–98.

33. Rabinowitch IM. THE PRESENT STATUS OF THE HIGH CARBOHYDRATE-LOW CALORIE DIETS FOR THE TREATMENT OF DIABETES. Can Med Assoc J. 1932 Feb;26(2):141–8.

34. Rabinowitch IM. OBSERVATIONS ON THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CHOLESTEROL CONTENT OF THE BLOOD PLASMA IN DIABETES MELLITUS. Can Med Assoc J. 1933 Feb;28(2):162–8.

35. Kim SH. Measurement of insulin action: a tribute to Sir Harold Himsworth. Diabet Med J Br Diabet Assoc. 2011 Dec;28(12):1487–93.

36. Kempner W, Peschel RL, Schlayer C. Effect of rice diet on diabetes mellitus associated with vascular disease. Postgrad Med. 1958 Oct;24(4):359–71.

37. Anderson JW. High carbohydrate, high fiber diets for patients with diabetes. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1979;119:263–73.

38. Anderson JW, Ward K. High-carbohydrate, high-fiber diets for insulin-treated men with diabetes mellitus. Am J Clin Nutr. 1979 Nov;32(11):2312–21.

39. Anderson JW, Ward K. Long-term effects of high-carbohydrate, high-fiber diets on glucose and lipid metabolism: a preliminary report on patients with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1978 Apr;1(2):77–82.

40. Kang HC, Chung DE, Kim DW, Kim HD. Early- and Late-onset Complications of the Ketogenic Diet for Intractable Epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2004 Sep 1;45(9):1116–23.

41. Suo C, Liao J, Lu X, Fang K, Hu Y, Chen L, et al. Efficacy and safety of the ketogenic diet in Chinese children. Seizure - Eur J Epilepsy. 2013 Apr 1;22(3):174–8.

42. Wang X, Lin X, Ouyang YY, Liu J, Zhao G, Pan A, et al. Red and processed meat consumption and mortality: dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Public Health Nutr. 2016 Apr;19(5):893–905.

43. Kahn HA, Phillips RL, Snowdon DA, Choi W. Association between reported diet and all-cause mortality. Twenty-one-year follow-up on 27,530 adult Seventh-Day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol. 1984 May;119(5):775–87.

44. Orlich MJ, Singh PN, Sabaté J, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fan J, Knutsen S, et al. Vegetarian Dietary Patterns and Mortality in Adventist Health Study 2. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jul 8;173(13):1230–8.

45. Levine ME, Suarez JA, Brandhorst S, Balasubramanian P, Cheng C-W, Madia F, et al. Low protein intake is associated with a major reduction in IGF-1, cancer, and overall mortality in the 65 and younger but not older population. Cell Metab. 2014 Mar 4;19(3):407–17.

46. Song M, Fung TT, Hu FB, Willett WC, Longo VD, Chan AT, et al. Association of Animal and Plant Protein Intake With All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality. JAMA Intern Med. 2016 Aug 1

47. Rohrmann S, Overvad K, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Jakobsen MU, Egeberg R, Tjonneland A, et al. Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition. BMC Med. 2013;11:63.

48. Djoussé L, Gaziano JM. Egg consumption in relation to cardiovascular disease and mortality: the Physicians’ Health Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Apr;87(4):964–9.

49. Noto H, Goto A, Tsujimoto T, Noda M. Low-Carbohydrate Diets and All-Cause Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2013 Jan 25 [cited 2014 May 9];8(1). Available from: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555979/

Lel kys fag

50. Fung TT, van Dam RM, Hankinson SE, Stampfer M, Willett WC, Hu FB. Low-carbohydrate diets and all-cause and cause-specific mortality: Two cohort Studies. Ann Intern Med. 2010 Sep 7;153(5):289–98.

51. McKenzie AL, Hallberg SJ, Creighton BC, Volk BM, Link TM, Abner MK, et al. A Novel Intervention Including Individualized Nutritional Recommendations Reduces Hemoglobin A1c Level, Medication Use, and Weight in Type 2 Diabetes. JMIR Diabetes. 2017;2(1):e5.

>doing keto for almost a year now
>have lost 60 lb from 280 to 220

u wot m8

no ones arguing if you can lose weight, you can lose weight on any diet really. keto just isnt optimal or sustainable

You stubborn dumb fucking bastard, I bet you're a vet suffering from severe PTS Autism. FFS, What I've learned's videos literally have the pubmed articles in them you dumb fucking cunt.
I hope you swallow the long end of a cult .45 you dim witted cunt.

oh yeah, pic related is a good diet too since he lost weight!

well i'd argue with that. its elevated my base level mood quite a bit since i started. i would say its more sustainable than CICO type diets because the high fat and protein satiates you much better than high carbs. that said you still have to go hungry some nights if u wanna lose weight with any diet. idk man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16...
epilepsy.com/learn/treatin...

Looks like a bin with Styrofoam on top

youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ

youtube.com/watch?v=zTuK6QKBvcc

keto isnt just bacon and cheese you fuckin retard eat some vegetables

top kek

can i get a quick rundown of this? im the keto guy

You're saying that depriving "lab mice rats" (whatever unknown hybrid species that is) of sugar/carbohydrates induces type 2 diabetes? So you're saying that decreasing insulin resistance by lowering sugar intake is going to cause a disease that makes you insulin resistant
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3314346/
How fucking retarded are you?

No more larping for you, cowboy. T2D is caused by lipotoxicity in the liver and pancreas. Has nothing to do with eating fucking sugar.

Twin Cycles is what you need to be reading. You should've just asked, you dumb nigger.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593165/

"How does fat accumulate in liver? Storage of liver fat can only occur when the total daily calorie intake exceeds expenditure day after day, and year after year. During any one period of time, if more calories are ingested than metabolized then any fat excess is stored either subcutaneously, viscerally or in the liver. But any excess carbohydrate cannot be stored once the glycogen depots are full. If more glucose is ingested than can be oxidized for energy or stored as glycogen, it has to be turned into fat by the process of de novo lipogenesis."
Learn to read you monkey. I didn't say type 2 diabetes was caused by eating sugar. You have not presented proof that reducing carbohydrate intake/increasing fat intake causes type 2 diabetes. The article you sent specifically says that it is caused by excess calories, not a specific macronutrient.
Try again kid.

>kvas
Moй нeгp

lmao idiot

neck yourself, little pedo kike
youtube.com/watch?v=b50yZ8LPlAQ

Why are people like you so stupid and simultaneously so cynical? Go home.

I've actually read some of these articles, and the claims that are being made about them are the opposite of what the studies show.

a quick rule is if it's popular then it's a meme
applies to anything everytime

>masteringdiabetes.com
Jup, fat fuck diet.

Maybe if you didn't google your nutrition information you wouldn't be so retarded. We knew independently of excess energy intake that high fat diets spike insulin resistance. One high fat meal spikes plasma levels of free fatty acids to the levels of someone who is obese (~80 micro mols)- reguardless of bmi- whereas a high carb/low fat meal does not increase insulin resistance.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11679437

>Mic. the Vegan

I'm sure he has a PHD in science.

And I have PhD in water. Whatever the fuck do you mean

>my immune system shat itself
>I have a fever now and headache

Literally works.

Can I include one orange per day to get my required carbohydrates?

Yes. All fad diets are useless. Do think the strong as fuck Olympic diets use meme diets prescribed in the west? No. They eat a fuckton of good food, get good rest and train hard.

For cutting all you need is a caloric deficit.

>Is keto diet a meme?
It's pushed by retards and jews. What do you think?