Thoughts on these

Thoughts on these

i just ordered one

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Stamina-50-1690-1690-Power-Tower/dp/B002Y2SUU4/ref=br_lf_m_8k5vvwkvdaow4vs_img?_encoding=UTF8&s=sporting-goods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're great but some doors don't work. I moved into a mobile home for a bit and the lip wasn't wide enough to support it

I've had mine for a week and its pretty good. I got to do some core stuff, and minor pull ups n sheit. make sure the screws are tight, and inspect the doorframe every few days so you don't take an unexpected trip to snap city

YOU GOT A DOOR YOU GOT A GYM

They destroy your door molding and bend over time if you do more than 10 reps a set.

1.5 months on one of these bars. I use every grip available. Amazing for lats as you can see.
I haven't noticed mine bending but they do damage the molding. Add extra padding on the contact areas.

These are really good but make sure to protect your doorframe. The ends of the bar started breaking after 2 years of use but that's a really good investment in my mind

It took you 1.5 months to learn how to flex?

Well you don't really see the difference from the front, but my back has completely changed. At the start I could only do 1 pullup every 30 minutes, now 10 in a set.

Wonderful tool, highly reccomend it.

Too bad mine was sold in yard sale after I stopped using it and got into a semi-depressive cycle.

I'm gonna climb out of this hole, one way or another bros.

Also, each time you pass through the doorway, just do 2-3 full pull-ups or one if you're just starting out.

I would be too scared of the door hinges breaking

thanks for the info guys im glad i bought it

You don't put it on the door idiot, you put it on the frame.

But how do you close the door then

It's not permanent. You remove it when you're done.

>Also, each time you pass through the doorway, just do 2-3 full pull-ups or one if you're just starting out.
this is what i do and its great. pullups are so much more intense than pushups its a great thing to be able to do them all day at leisure. also just hanging on it for 2 minutes every day ffeels so good for your back man

I also use my gymnastic rings on them, unfortunately the door frame stops me from getting full ROM, damn my long arms

Woke trips
Just hanging and letting your back and spine relax is orgasmic

all my doors are at corners so they don't work

i got a huge back from one of these from 15-18. U can put weights in a backback for weighted as well. dont forget rows with dumbells too

I have that exact bar but my door ways are too thick for it to fit

Love mine, but I moved into an apartment that has shitty molding over the frame. It hangs fine, but it's crooked.

Inverted hangs/shrugs from the hammer grips is wonderful for the neck as well.

>bought one
>literally no fucking doors in the entire apartment complex fit it

Then why did you post a pic of your front to show off your back?
>tinyheaddroolingwojack.png

I can barely do 1 pullup with this thing. What can I do to improve? Just keep on trying, or do another excercise which will hit similar muscles?

chin ups

You're hanging upside down from these bars?

Check the thresholds in your house to see that you actually have somewhere to put it. Every single doorway I have is too close to a wall to put the pull-up bar anywhere because there isn't enough room for the handles.

>tfw live in basement so door frames are all flush against the roof
>landlords won't let me put a few screws in
I'm not gonna make it...

You can adjust them by drilling additional holes in the parallel grip handles. Worked for me pretty well.

I've used mine with 100+kg for 1-2 years now and there's no bending. You're full of shit.

it will destroy every wooden door molding, so only use it, if you have metal door moldings.

put masking tape down or i can leave black marks
hasn't damage the door though

How can I do pull ups without this?

I can only do 2 pull-ups at the moment, what's the best way to increase this quickly? Greasing the groove?

Not the guy you're asking but I do hang upside down, skin-the-cats and such. I'm only 140lbs so not worried about it, these things are rated for people 200 pounds.

Mine didn't fit on my door frame either so I cut a 2x4 in half and drilled it above the walkway which leads out to my garage. Worked like a charm.

Just keep trying. Negatives and holds helped me, as did using a chair under me to let me half stand on it to decrease my weight.

Any pulling, like rows, will also help. Back in high school I went from 1 to 13 pull ups over a couple of mobths when I started lifting.

I like the kind you screw into the frame better or get gymnastic rings and hang them from a tree. Rings are probably preferable as you can do more with them but a pull up bar is a fantastic piece of equipment either way.

I'm interested in this as well. I do all my lifting in my apartment but my doors are not suitable for installing a pull up bar. I don't want to fuck up the doors by doing them on doors either.

Used one for years, considering upgrading to pic related for wider pullups

I found putting a chair next to mine helps. Do as much as you can unassisted and then finish up by assisting yourself as little as possible with your legs on the chair.

You can also start in an upward position standing on the chair, walk off, and then slowly lower yourself, but i ended up hurting my shoulder doing this so your mileage may vary.

If you have high ceilings and space you can buy a tower like below.

amazon.com/Stamina-50-1690-1690-Power-Tower/dp/B002Y2SUU4/ref=br_lf_m_8k5vvwkvdaow4vs_img?_encoding=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

they're good but don't get the cheapest one money can buy. Get a sturdy one and you can put gymnastic rings on it. (you can on the weak ones too but it'll warp it doing stuff like support hold but ring rows and ring pushups will probably be fine.