Running Shoe thread/Running General

How do I break in this ugly motherfucker faster? Any tricks like they do with leather boots and water/heat? It's killing the sides of my feet, because it's upper is so stiff with that extra layer behind the logo sewn onto it. Fucking Mizuno had to fuck up a perfectly great shoe (WP 2).

shouldve gotten a wider size then

They didn't do wider versions in the Mizuno store I bought it from, so probably don't do wider ones at all.

Shouldnt have bought Mizuno then,. Brooks has wide sizes, are more comfortablr, and probably would've changed your shoes out if you were having trouble

I just got the wave inspire 14 and I'm thinking of switching to gel kayano 24

i let the running store clerk fix me up with running shoes. why are you even discussing this, do you guys work at running shoe stores?

>How do I break in this ugly motherfucker faster?

>break in

The whole point of running shoes is that they are meant to be more comfortable and adapted to your running style from the start. They don't need extensive 'breaking in' - you do a few miles at a slow pace to 'readjust' from when you were using normal trainers or whatever and they should be pretty much okay to use.

If you really can't get used to them or they are hurting your feet then you (or the store clerk) failed in picking out the right shoes for you.

Is it stupid to run a day after leg day? What about doing sprints?

I’m wide footed as well and run in Wave Riders which do come in wide. Can you still return them to the store?

Just return them. If you need stability shoes like the Paradox, I’d look into either New Balance or Brooks. Both of them have good offerings that come in extra widths.

Depends on intensity and priority

If you are prioritising doing legs then it's fine. But if you want to be serious about running I advise against it bruh

>buying shoes thst will only last you 500 miles/3 months
Enjoy throwing your money away. You are better off buying cheap running several shoes (Saucony Cohesion or Excursions, Asics Venture) and switch off between each run. You'll be surprised how much longer the shoes last (even tbe cheap shit lime listed above) and how much money you save.

i got these a few weeks ago. super cozy

asics gt 2000 is the perfect shoe

>Running general
I'm starting running this week since I'm tired oof being a piece of shit. I don't have running shoes yet, how much of a difference do they make? And how do I stretch properly so I don't kill my legs? The links in the sticky are dead.

>run
>it hurts here on one side every time I try to lift my leg up
what muscle is there? it's like I have a tensed up muscle here but I have no idea how to stretch it

bump

actually one of the best stretches you can do over all

also the full pretzel stretch

>the virgin stretch
>the hip stretch

>run for 1h30
>finish
>have to cough a few times during the next hour
is this normal?

i used to cough a lot if i went to shower right after running

went to the doctor, turns out i have a mild form of astma

Search on google how to break shoes in user, specially check the articles for women as they have the most experience wearing uncomfortable and delicate shoes.

One of the things i've read was putting a plastic bag inside the shoe, filling it with water and then into the freezer it goes. As water turns into ice it will expand.

Dont fill the bag all the way though, you dont want to end up with a shoe too big afterwards.

n-nani!?

thats fucking retarded

Any beginner two days a week running schedules?

day 1 : run
day 2 : run

I start spitting blood after running
Never doing that shit again

Look at couch to 5k and do that, but only twice a week instead of three times.

>buying anything other than nike free run
LOLing at (You)

>nothing but an expensive sock

>not running barefoot

>Ran 10k for second time today
ok when do I get the fabled "runners high"?

stop thinking about running while running, and it will come.

depends on how fast you run, you need to actually put the work in to get the benefits

I ran it in 1 hour 5 minutes so very slow
haha seems easier said than done. I'll give it a try. Mobile meditation

I love my brooks ghost 10 shoes. Great color scheme, fits like a glove day 1, ankles never hurt now, and running 10k is so much easier now.
>close my eyes, hold on to the hr sensor bar on treadmill while jogging, 30 minutes pass in what feels like 3 minutes
Is there anything better?

I started running orienteering because of it. Runners high is legit and it feels pretty amazing, it's like you regain all your strength and you don't feel tired at all. I'm not gonna lie and say this happens every time I run, but when it does it's bretty gud m8

>thinking he will get runners high with 10k
Lmao, try 25 km at least

nah that's bullshit, I've had it on runs that are less than 9km. Depends more on speed than time

>tfw you feel absolute shit 2/3 of the run and wanting to take every shortcut possible, telling yourself no the high will come any minute
>suddenly feel amazing boost when youre almost home
>finish strong every time
i really believe the inner struggle with yourself you feel for about cheating is part of what the old philosophers was all about in its purest form

That's not for breaking in a shoe that's stretching a shoe and it's only for when a shoe is too tight on you

Breaking in is like when a leather boot is little snug and hard but after you wear it for a while it becomes a perfect fit and flexible